Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38 78868788
Results 1,741 to 1,758 of 1758

Thread: The President Trump Thread

People's Champion

Status

Re: The President Trump Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    I did, been working midnight shift and having three children, has significantly limited my free time. I apologize, haven't been meaning to ignore.

I'm going to send you a video from a Progressive/Leftist, who has some extraordinary videos.

Don't worry, its not "The Video". I think you were the first I sent that to, hahaha.
    I got it. Lol

I respond with this:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...arent-working/

Basically article says lumping over 50 million old people(over 65 years old) and adding in age group 16-20 (approx 11 million) into that figure is kind of misleading. Good way to make things look worse

The thing as more baby boomers start retiring the more this number will inflate. Sure there arre more people not working but they aren't actually in the same working age group. Its happening here too. Once they eventually pass away(sadly of course since they are peoples family members) It will even itself out. This is basically why there is such a need for immigrants since national growth isn't enough to sustain the economy in regards to an aging population.
    Last edited by indyfan; Today at 02:50 PM.

Tacos Rule!

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    The joint chefs are saying nothings changed in regards to Transgender serving in the military. They don't take orders from Trump's twitter account. Lol

Also Swamps I was hoping you saw my response regarding the U3 through U6. 100 Million......
    Yeah, I mean if Trump wants the ban he went about it the wrong way. From the sounds of it most of the military knew nothing about it until he tweeted about it. And what kind of person would tweet a policy like this? I mean a normal sane person would hold a press conference for something like this..
    He just didn't want to have to answer questions I am guessing.

The Dude Abides

Status

I've meant to get to this but I've been working like a mad man around the clock recently so I'm a bit delayed but nonetheless happy to retort.

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Examples?
    Lets start with signing 13 Congressional Review Act resolutions to reduce unnecessary regulations

Withdrawing from the TPP

Withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord

Ended the federal healthcare mandate for individuals and businesses

Lowest Unemployment claims as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor in 44 years, since March of 1973 when Nixon was in office, and that was as of March and the number has went down from there.

The Labor Department also reported that the number of unemployed in the U.S. is down 7% from a year ago, and reported in January with had already added 227,000 jobs bringing unemployment down to 4.8 percent.

Illegal Immigration is down over 60%

The DOW daily closing stock market average has risen 18% since the election on November 8th.

Since the election the DOW has set a new all time closing high one out of every four days the market is open!

Since the Inauguration on January 20th the DOW is up 9%. (It was at 19,827 at January 20th.)

The DOW took just 66 days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The DOW closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd and closed above 21,000 on March 1st.

The DOW closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest ever 1000 point increase in the DOW at 24 days.

On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan's 1987 record for most continuous closing high trading days when the DOW reached a new high for its 12th day in a row.
    The S&P 500 and NASDAQ have both set new all-time highs during this period.

The US Stock Market gain $4 Trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!

The S&P 500 also broke $20 Trillion for the first time in its history.

The US Debt has decreased under President Trump since his inauguration by -$103 Billion (President Obama increased the US debt in his first 6 months more than $974 Billion or nearly $1 Trillion.)

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics President Trump added a projected 1,027,000 jobs in his first six months (January through June 2017.) President Obama on the other hand lost more than 3,826,000millionjobs in his first six months

According to the Bureau of Labor Statisticsthe unemployment rate since President Trump’s inauguration decreased from 4.8% to 4.4% (January through June 2017). The unemployment rate in January 2017 was 4.8% and by June it was down to 4.4%. Unemployment under President Obama on the other hand moved in the opposite direction. In his first six months as President the US unemployment rate increased each month from 7.8% in January 2009 to 9.5% by June of 2009.

Also according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the US inflation rate decreased to an eight month low in June to 1.6%. This is in part due to President Trump’s energy policies that are helping average Americans with cheaper gas and electricity.

Housing sales are red-hot in the US right now. In 2011, houses for sale were on the market an average 84 days. This year, it’s just 45 days.

According to the US Census Bureau, there were nearly twice as many US housing sales in the past couple of months as there were under President Obama in 2009 during the same time period. (The annualized housing sales rate for May 2017 is reported at 610,000 where in 2009 this amount was only 376,000.)

One of the first things that President Trump did in office was to reduce the number or burdensome regulations put in place during the Obama era. In January President Trump signed his 2 for 1 executive order mandating that for every new regulation, two regulations needed to be revoked. Regulation spending cannot exceed $0, and any costs associated with regulations must be offset with eliminations. The order also directs the head of each agency to keep records of the cost savings, to be sent to the president.

Regulations cost Americans and American companies money to implement and maintain. Reducing or halting regulations allows companies to spend their money on more prudent money making areas.

The US manufacturing Index soared to a 33 year high in President Trump’s first six months which was the best number since 1983 under President Reagan.

The Federal Reserve has increased interest rates three times since President Trump was elected into office in November. The Fed increased interest rates only once in Obama’s 8 Years prior to the increase after President Trumps winning the election in November.

NATO announced Allied spending is up to $10 billion because of President Trump.

Signed in the Veterans Choice Program extension, Veterans Choice Program Improvement Act, and the Accountability and Whistle-blowers Protection act. All bills aimed at providing veterans with faster, higher quality care as well as more options for healthcare outside the VA.

Issued an executive order to expedite environmental reviews and reviews for high priority infrastructure projects such are repairs to airports, roads, and bridges.

Issued another executive order mandating Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Employees wherein the order stops all executive branch officials from lobbying for five years after they leave office and places a lifetime ban on lobbying a foreign government. The order enacts a number of other lobbying restrictions, including banning appointees from accepting gifts from registered lobbyists and banning appointees who were lobbyists from participating in any issues they petitioned for within the last two years.

Issued another Executive order called "The White House Initiative to Promote Excellence and Innovation at Historically Black Colleges and Universities". The order establishes an executive director of the White House Initiative on HBCUs, which will be in the Executive Office of the President. Part of that person’s responsibilities will be to strengthen schools through enhanced planning and development, collaboration with the private sector, participation in federal programs and upgrading infrastructure. They are calling for $25 billion for infrastructure, college readiness, financial aid and other priorities. Under Obama’s administration, historically black colleges and universities received $4 billion over seven years.

Issued another executive order the " Comprehensive Plan for Reorganizing the Executive Branch" which assigns the Office of Management and Budget director Mick Mulvaney to propose a plan to "reorganize and governmental functions and eliminate unnecessary agencies" in an effort to cut down of federal spending and improve "efficiency, effectiveness and accountability of that agency." Within 180 days, the heads of select agencies must submit individual plans to Mulvaney, who will have another 180 days to send a plan to the president.

Issued an executive order for the Omnibus Report on Significant Trade Deficits. The order directs the Commerce Department and U.S. Trade Representative to compile a report on trade practices that contribute to the trade deficit. The report will look at each of America's trade partners and assess whether the country's trade practices unfairly discriminate against the U.S.

I could really keep going but I think you get the idea. There's a lot more, and a lot more great things he's done outside of bills and the effects of his becoming president. Let's not forget we dodged a big bullet with Russia, a war specifically, as Putin made it clear we was preparing for war if Hillary got elected because she made it clear she would be going after him. So the rest of the world can thank us for avoiding that too. We voted against war, not for more it, regardless of what our military commanders choose to do elsewhere.

Yes, having a majority in the house AND senate must truly be such a burden on him.
    Frankly it doesn't matter. Trump is an outsider and an enemy to these people. He may have ran as a Republican but that doesn't make him a member of the club so to speak, and keep in mind he beat the shit out of ALL of the who ran against him, all their establishment losers who were never really meant to win like Romney. Truth is they were fine with business as usual and that's what they wanted. Trump represented an absolute rebuke of all that and a message from the American people that enough is enough. They fought it kicking and screaming then, and they're doing it now. On top that however, now the butt-hurt Democrats and radical left are so pissed and stunned that Hillary lost they're doing everything in their power to obstruct, distract, and destroy the Trump administration because the more successful he is, the less secure their power and positions are. I'd say that's about the size of it.

Not the President's constant lies nearly every time he opens his mouth, even over the smallest things?
    You really don't get this guy do you? He just says whatever to give them their shitty headlines, misdirect the media and members of Congress a bit, create a little fodder for them, sometimes use the media as a bullhorn. That's all it is, and that's all it's about. Don't suddenly get all righteous about the President lying to the media or playing hardball with Congress and keeping them on their toes when Obama was guilty of the same shit.

I'll get to the more recent stuff in the thread soon enough as well.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by The Game Rage View Post

I'll get to the more recent stuff in the thread soon enough as well.

you'd probably be wasting your time tbh

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

You need to be more succint, dawg.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Can't spell succinct without suc it

ily

The Dude Abides

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    If you remove the list of accomplishments it actually is. Indyjon wanted examples so I gave him examples.

What's funny is you think that's a lot. You have no idea.

People's Champion

Status

If you remove the list of accomplishments it actually is. Indyjon wanted examples so I gave him examples.

What's funny is you think that's a lot. You have no idea.
    Who's indyjon?

Host of Ground Zero

Status

Who's indyjon?
    A dude from another forum that TGR was hilariously banned from a few years ago. I think it's hilarious that he accidentally called you that.

Host of Ground Zero

Status

But hey TGR don't worry, I was banned from there too. That was 8 years ago. I wasn't exactly the best quality poster there. Definitely deserved to get banned. I go back sometimes and cringe at the things 14 year old me said.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    A dude from another forum that TGR was hilariously banned from a few years ago. I think it's hilarious that he accidentally called you that.
    Lol But I never even asked him for examples. Silk did.

The Dude Abides

Status

Who's indyjon?
    You know what, that's a good question. I was actually responding to Silk initially, then you, but accidentally put that name for some reason. I think I saw your name and Jon Snow back to back or something and when I was typing I put the two together.

It's been a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    And what would you know of it?

People's Champion

Status

Things aren't looking too good between the US and Russia after that bill was drawn up. The EU isn't happy either.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

Ho ho ho, freaking out over "leaks" that are easily accessible public knowledge is fantastic. The shiny keys of this administration is impressive though. They're workers/magicians. They make you look at one hand to hide what the other hand is doing. And they do it really well.
    When I went under, the world was at war. I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost.

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics President Trump added a projected 1,027,000 jobs in his first six months (January through June 2017.) President Obama on the other hand lost more than 3,826,000millionjobs in his first six months

According to the Bureau of Labor Statisticsthe unemployment rate since President Trump’s inauguration decreased from 4.8% to 4.4% (January through June 2017). The unemployment rate in January 2017 was 4.8% and by June it was down to 4.4%. Unemployment under President Obama on the other hand moved in the opposite direction. In his first six months as President the US unemployment rate increased each month from 7.8% in January 2009 to 9.5% by June of 2009.

Also according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the US inflation rate decreased to an eight month low in June to 1.6%. This is in part due to President Trump’s energy policies that are helping average Americans with cheaper gas and electricity.

Housing sales are red-hot in the US right now. In 2011, houses for sale were on the market an average 84 days. This year, it’s just 45 days.

According to the US Census Bureau, there were nearly twice as many US housing sales in the past couple of months as there were under President Obama in 2009 during the same time period. (The annualized housing sales rate for May 2017 is reported at 610,000 where in 2009 this amount was only 376,000.)
    I hope you know that most, if not all, of these things have little or nothing to do with who the president is at the time and rather who the president was right beforehand.

The housing market collapsed because of George W. Bush, not Obama. The banks and loan structures caving in was under Bush's watch, and that led to the recession. You can't blame Obama for taking over right as the situation was crumbling at his feet.

The market rises you attributed to Trump were already starting when Obama was in office. In fact, the final 2-3 years of Obama's tenure were the best economic years since the mid-2000s in America. All we're seeing now is a continuation of the stock market's rise and good economy. It's not like a switch just magically turned on the moment Trump took office. The uptick started years prior. The housing market was great as early as 2014.

Obama's unemployment rate was in the 9.5% range in 2009. Again, Bush started that stark increase in 2006-2007. By the end of Obama's tenure as president, we saw it at 4.8%. It went from 9.5% at the beginning of his presidency to 4.9%. That didn't happen just because Trump became president. Unemployment rates don't go from 9.5% to 4.9% in one month. It took seven years in between your stats to get there.

You're completely ignoring the 90% of Obama's presidency and how he got the economy back on the right track from its low point in 2009 to its best in a decade in 2016. It's rather ridiculous how your cherrypicked years to play up the beginning of each president's economy status and how that somehow has anything to do with what they're doing. It's the one before it who affects where the new president starts.

Obama started in a shithole. Blame Bush.

Trump started with a 4.9% unemployment rate. That's because Obama was VERY good economically as a president in the 2nd term.
    Last edited by The Golden One; Today at 08:21 PM.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Dak Lives Matter!

Status

I got it. Lol

I respond with this:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...arent-working/

Basically article says lumping over 50 million old people(over 65 years old) and adding in age group 16-20 (approx 11 million) into that figure is kind of misleading. Good way to make things look worse

The thing as more baby boomers start retiring the more this number will inflate. Sure there arre more people not working but they aren't actually in the same working age group. Its happening here too. Once they eventually pass away(sadly of course since they are peoples family members) It will even itself out. This is basically why there is such a need for immigrants since national growth isn't enough to sustain the economy in regards to an aging population.
    Another issue with unemployment is that so many jobs are getting automated. There have been speculations that fast food places will replace humans at the cash register with a machine. I'm not a fan of robots taking out the human element.

There are jobs available, but so many people lack the qualifications needed. An example, in Atlanta there are always several Systems Analysts jobs. However, you must posses a BS or MS in Computer Science, have 3 - 6 years full time experience, and speak/understand fluently a foreign language. If you don't have all three you get pushed to the side. If the job requires you to speak Korean and you spent years learning German or French instead you get pushed to the side.

Its difficult to earn a Computer Science degree alone. Add learning a diffoccult language and some will get discouraged. Too many are under the impression that you have got to go to college and get any degree. In reality, you can earn a worthless degree. Too many stick their noses up at going to trade school. I give respect to those who went to learn a trade such as welding, molding, automotive repair, etc. All good paying fields, that are valuable.

Hell, my brother didn't even go to college and makes over 100K a year.

Also too many people are above working cars in jobs.
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

The Osiris

Status

POTUS isn't anywhere near as bad as the MSM makes him out to be. Is he Reagan/Billy Clinton (the best presidents of the last 40 years)? LOLNO. He's not much worse than the last 16 years of failed policy on both sides. And I reject the Leftists' bullying of pro-Trumpers via gross stereotypes and judging that crowd's morality based on political affiliation.

The Right is in power right now, not because people are "racists", "bigots" and all the names Leftists call everyone who disagrees with any portion of Leftist policy and beliefs. They're in power because Leftism isn't consistent with their policy, Leftist policy favors micro-politics instead of macro-politics and the main belief of having the government stifle and tax the successful and producers of the country that move the economy so others can live an even higher quality of life when American poverty is still a much higher standard than the vast majority of the world.

And the fact that social assistance programs have become entitlement programs to an entire generation while we hear about minimum wages going up with no economic science behind them but also hear that we need more immigrants to work jobs "Americans dont want" screams of decadence and a very spoiled society.

The Left is taking more Ls and losing gift wrapped elections- politicians body slamming people shouldn't win anything- because people reject the radical sect of the Left. They want less government in their lives and they hate being ignored and they are ignored because of the Left's micropolitical scope.

The denial of this, from Hillary's endless parade of excuses to Bernie Sanders exposal as a thinly veiled hypocrite and elitist and the major vacuum of leadership and no exact message post-election are major turnoffs to non partisan voters.

If the Left sucked it up, dialed the radicalism back a notch, stopped alienating the block of people on the fence who question their policies with name calling and took accountability, they should beat the Right.

It wasn't Russia. It's not racists, biggots, homophobes and sexists, its the rejection of their political agenda by a huge portion of the voter base and we see it in front of us on all levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

More people voted for Clinton than they did Trump tho, no?

So couldn't you say the Right got rejected just as much?

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information