Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall Dakson View Post
    Add Doom to that ignore list.

Whatever.

Doesn't worry me one bit.

Host of Ground Zero

Status

Re: The President Trump Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post

I get annoyed everyday hearing about Trump. No offense to you guys, but people are soooo obsessed with his activities as president.
    Yeah fuck us for being concerned/interested in what the leader of our country is doing.

Kind of our duty as Americans. I give Dak credit for at least being tuned in...Even if that tune in my opinion is way off.

What I can't stand is people who go out on election day and vote for the most popular candidate and then forget about everything for the next four years. Honestly if that's the way you're doing it you shouldn't vote at all.

The problem is people who would rather live in ignorance to what's going on. They would rather not hear about Trump at all instead of being aware on what he is doing. Even if you're Republican and not playing the watch dog role, you should still be invested in what's going on.

Now I honestly think people get too carried away sometimes when it comes to what Donald Trump is eating for dinner or complaining about what he does with his family. There is definitely a thin line with Trump for me. When our president is engaging in Twitter flame wars with people I think that is important to keep track off because he's representing our country in an unprofessional way, but when he gets an extra scoop of ice cream or what ever I honestly don't care.

But we should be following the actions he makes no matter what party you're with. Travel bans, health care, the wall, welfare, those all affect us.

So just closing your eyes and pretending none of it is happening is just too ignorant of a life style for me. Dak may be a blind conservative with a closed mind, but at least he's paying attention.

The biggest problem with this past election was people did not pay attention. It was more about who was funnier on TV. Had people taken polls to see which candidates matched what they personally felt about certain issues then we'd probably have a different person in office.

Unreconstructed

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    But we should be following the actions he makes no matter what party you're with. Travel bans, health care, the wall, welfare, those all affect us.
    I can honestly say out of that whole list the only one that may really affect me is health care.

Obamacare (The Affordable Healthcare Act) affected me in a very negative way.

Therefore I want to see it repealed and replaced no matter what is put it in it's place because honestly it cannot get much worse for me.
    Just as we would not send any of our soldiers to march in other states and tyrannize other people, so will we never allow the armies of others to march into our State and tyrannize our people.

- General Stonewall Jackson, from the movie Gods and Generals

God's Gift to God

Status

I can honestly say out of that whole list the only one that may really affect me is health care.

Therefore I want to see it repealed and replaced no matter what is put it in it's place because honestly it cannot get much worse for me.
    What specifically about the proposed change makes you think it will be better? All credible reports are estimating 21 MILLION will end up without insurance. So what's your perspective here?

That because you supported Trump in the election you couldn't possibly be someone affected by it.

Or, because you had a negative experience with the affordable act, you don't care as long as other people suffer.

ily

Host of Ground Zero

Status

I think people shouldn't be denied health insurance. That is what Obama fought for. I don't think people should be fined if they don't have it, but I think the companies shouldn't be allowed to deny coverage.

The problem is big business leaders won't have that. Because it costs the insurance companies money. So they fought for and changed most of Obama's original plan.

I am curious though to how it negatively affected you. I definitely want to hear stories and reflections from both sides. For me as a college student, I really support the idea of us still be allowed on our parent's insurance. It buys us time until we can finish school and start careers.

Although at the time I haven't even had insurance, it's been about a year now. That doesn't have to do with the Affordable Care Act though, more so my parents.

Thread Information