Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32 728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1685

Thread: The President Trump Thread

Unreconstructed

Status

Re: The President Trump Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    Do people seriously believe Trump would, was, or tried to drain the swamp after who he selected as cabinet members and his decisions thus far? I can't imagine having that view. Placing the evil or inept in power is not draining the swamp but just expanding it. Any true patriot can see that.
    I don't think he is trying to 'drain the swamp' necessarily but that was kind of expected. Had to concede a little to the GOP at least until the 2020 election is over.

He did appoint a lot of political outsiders like himself though and you see what happened when he did that.

He was criticized for appointing people with little political experience. When he appointed people with political experience he was criticized for not draining the swamp.

That is the media for you.
    Just as we would not send any of our soldiers to march in other states and tyrannize other people, so will we never allow the armies of others to march into our State and tyrannize our people.

- General Stonewall Jackson, from the movie Gods and Generals

Ace that Runs this Place

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

"Repeal and replace" is dead. So is "repeal and hopefully replace two years from now." The Republicans are a hot mess.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

Best part is they've got no one to blame but themselves

Motherfuckers obstructed Obama at every turn, made him change his healthcare bill three dozen times, and he still reformed healthcare in America. Now they've got a majority in the house and senate, aren't giving Dems a single chance to affect the bill, and they still can't even pass anything. What a joke.

Related:
    Last edited by Silk; 07-18-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

C_MI_G SO_N

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Host of Ground Zero

Status

Dak, curious to what you and other Trump supporters think of him already failing on multiple things he's promised.

How is the wall coming along?

Unreconstructed

Status

Just as we would not send any of our soldiers to march in other states and tyrannize other people, so will we never allow the armies of others to march into our State and tyrannize our people.

- General Stonewall Jackson, from the movie Gods and Generals

Beer Lives Matter

Status
      Country                    United States

Honestly, I'm confused at what Trump's doing and I don't care anymore at this point. He kinda makes politics a joke, because he's just all over the place.

Unstoppable

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Trump doesn't have a plan or any real objectives other than destroy anything Obama did and insult everyone.

"We're going to be wining" he said.

90% of his attempts to pass things or do are failures.

What a fucking dipshit.
    Time stood still, and it shared with me all that had been, and all that was to come.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Trumpcare and repealing the Affordable Care Act at this time is a victory, patriots, but make no mistake: ACA needs work, and until more Americans benefit there is work to be done. Hopefully that works begin in a just a year and a half when the republicans lose their seats.
    When I went under, the world was at war. I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    Honestly, I'm confused at what Trump's doing and I don't care anymore at this point. He kinda makes politics a joke, because he's just all over the place.
    Unfortunately, Trump can be compared to the likes of Hitler and other influential leaders. Not for his beliefs, but for being a charismatic leader who convinced those suffering that he would make things better. Fortunately, he doesn't have the brains (or quite so evil intentions) as those before him. But unfortunately, he does not really run on anything. He spouted hot topics that registered with a section of Americans but mostly relied on the coverage and being an outsider to benefit him. While we all suffer the consequences, this is the time for the democrats to learn a lesson they should have before pushing for Hilary - and this weakens the republican party while also embarrassing them greatly.
    When I went under, the world was at war. I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost.

The Dude Abides

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Dak, curious to what you and other Trump supporters think of him already failing on multiple things he's promised.

How is the wall coming along?
    The first thing I would note is that we're less than a year into his presidency, and Rome wasn't built in a day. Gauging expectations and keeping them realistic is pretty important here as is patience. With that in mind I wouldn't call anything a failure YET, there's still plenty of time to see what, if anything happens. Meanwhile he has already accomplished a lot and kept as many promises as he's been able to in this short period of time.

The Wall? Funding has been appropriated in the budget, and there have been dozens of offers with different designs presented. It's coming along just fine, but again, gauging expectations, staying realistic. That's a big project that requires big funds, big planning, and isn't something you can just DO overnight.

He's doing what he can with what he's working with. He has a Congress that simply doesn't want to work with him, defiant at every pass. A media hell bent on destroying him in any way possible. Political enemies crusading on witch hunts to obstruct his actions, delegitimize his victory, and remove him if possible. On top of that I think he's been trying to play ball as much as he can to try and curry favor, while still sticking to his guns and the agenda he's set forth, and finding out that Congress and D.C. politics in general are even more cut-throat than he imagined. If you ask me it's been the tantrums, obstruction, outright disregard for the America people, and party politics of Congress that's made politics a joke.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Game Rage View Post
    The first thing I would note is that we're less than a year into his presidency, and Rome wasn't built in a day. Gauging expectations and keeping them realistic is pretty important here as is patience. With that in mind I wouldn't call anything a failure YET, there's still plenty of time to see what, if anything happens. Meanwhile he has already accomplished a lot and kept as many promises as he's been able to in this short period of time.

The Wall? Funding has been appropriated in the budget, and there have been dozens of offers with different designs presented. It's coming along just fine, but again, gauging expectations, staying realistic. That's a big project that requires big funds, big planning, and isn't something you can just DO overnight.

He's doing what he can with what he's working with. He has a Congress that simply doesn't want to work with him, defiant at every pass. A media hell bent on destroying him in any way possible. Political enemies crusading on witch hunts to obstruct his actions, delegitimize his victory, and remove him if possible. On top of that I think he's been trying to play ball as much as he can to try and curry favor, while still sticking to his guns and the agenda he's set forth, and finding out that Congress and D.C. politics in general are even more cut-throat than he imagined. If you ask me it's been the tantrums, obstruction, outright disregard for the America people, and party politics of Congress that's made politics a joke.
    Do you expect Mexico to pay for it by Trump raising taxes on their exports to the US? Mexico laughed and simply said they will just raise the prices. Same thing Canada said about soft lumber if he tried to raise taxes on that. Which would raise your housing costs.

Also will this Wall be all American? Or will he decide to use steel from a foreign market. Since its cheaper. But goes against what he was saying during his campaign.

The Dude Abides

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Do you expect Mexico to pay for it by Trump raising taxes on their exports to the US? Mexico laughed and simply said they will just raise the prices. Same thing Canada said about soft lumber if he tried to raise taxes on that. Which would raise your housing costs.

Also will this Wall be all American? Or will he decide to use steel from a foreign market. Since its cheaper. But goes against what he was saying during his campaign.
    If that's what it takes, sure. Mexico or Canada can raise their prices on whatever they want, still pay the tariff, and make themselves less competitive in the American market all they want, we'll simply buy cheaper elsewhere.

As far as steel goes, I guess that depends on what he already have, what the prices are at the time of construction or purchase, and if that's what is needed depending on the design. Either way it will be American made even if not all the materials come from America, we will construct it.
    Last edited by The Game Rage; Yesterday at 06:00 AM.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Curtain Jerker

Status

If that's what it takes, sure. Mexico or Canada can raise their prices on whatever they want, still pay the tariff, and make themselves less competitive in the American market all they want, we'll simply buy cheaper elsewhere.

As far as steel goes, I guess that depends on what he already have, what the prices are at the time of construction or purchase, and if that's what is needed depending on the design. Either way it will be American made even if not all the materials come from America, we will construct it.
    I mean no disrespect when I say this, citizen, but I cannot understand people who think this way. It truly boggles my mind. I'm not saying right, wrong or indifferent. I just can't wrap my head around it. It honestly seems like parody to me.

Status

Meanwhile he has already accomplished a lot and kept as many promises as he's been able to in this short period of time.
    Examples?

He's doing what he can with what he's working with. He has a Congress that simply doesn't want to work with him, defiant at every pass.
    Yes, having a majority in the house AND senate must truly be such a burden on him.

If you ask me it's been the tantrums, obstruction, outright disregard for the America people, and party politics of Congress that's made politics a joke.
    Not the President's constant lies nearly every time he opens his mouth, even over the smallest things?

C_MI_G SO_N

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

HOSS MOD

Status

As much as I imagine Democrats are positively giddy about the Republicans failing in spectacular fashion, I sincerely hope they don't dwell in reverie for too long. Honestly, the Republicans' failure to kill ACA won't mean jack shit if the Dems pull a 2016 and get complacent with the mid-terms on the horizon (God, it says something about politics when a year and a half is a fucking horizon).

If you're a liberal and support the Dems, you better pray to whatever God you call yours that they use this as momentum rather than just point and laugh at the GOP like they did during the Presidential campaigns.

Status

Trump was talking about the wall the other day also. Said it needs to be transparent now. Wonder if that's more or less expensive than an opaque wall.

Last edited by Silk; Yesterday at 04:00 PM.

C_MI_G SO_N

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Beer Lives Matter

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Trump was talking about the wall the other day also. Said it needs to be transparent now. Wonder if that's more or less expensive than an opaque wall.

If he wants to put up a fence, just put up picket fences and add a old guy to tell the illegals to "Get out of my country!"

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post

The best part about the wall is Americans will pay for it and Trump hopes trading with Mexico will cover some of the expenses.

It's insane that his followers don't get it.

On top of that he will be using foreign materials after he said he would use American. Same thing with the Pipeline. And if he wants that Pipeline...let's see where he stands on the soft lumber issue. Same goes with Canadian Electricity and...the number one resource, which Canada has the most of, drinking water.

Though most of his voters are basing Trump's success on the economy and stock market....let's just wait until his four years are up and see how America's doing before jumping on successful vs unsuccesful.....

How will America be after his term.... did he make it better or worse. It's far to early to tell.
    Last edited by indyfan; Yesterday at 04:34 PM.

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

If he wants to put up a fence, just put up picket fences and add a old guy to tell the illegals to "Get out of my country!"

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Beer Lives Matter

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    I intentionally replaced the word "lawn," with "country," so it would fit the theme. Funny ain't it?

Thread Information