Page 79 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2828

Thread: The President Trump Thread

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The President Trump Thread

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    So they dont deserve rights as working people? Sometimes all you can find is part time.

I really despise this blaming the poor, lazy or less fortunate aspect of Western Society. It's a fuckin sham created by the ultra rich.
    I think someone who has put 20 years work in and already had good healthcare deserved to keep it rather than taking it away and giving it to some young punk working part time who doesn't even need it.

If that makes me a bad person then so be it.

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

― William F. Buckley Jr.

People's Champion

Status

I'm just going to leave this here.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.latime...story,amp.html

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    No thanks.

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

― William F. Buckley Jr.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall Dakson View Post
    No thanks.

Figures.....

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

I think it helped some.

But I think it hurt a whole lot more than it helped and the people it hurt were hard working people trying to provide for their families.
    You have zero stats or sources to back up a claim that Obamacare hurt people to a greater extent than it helped them. Your personal story is not necessarily true to the extent of everyone else it could've negatively impacted and you have no idea how many people that might've been.

Neither do I, but I'm also not defending Obamacare. I'm just here to tell you that your stance against it is completely baseless and most likely driven by personal and selfish reasons.

And when someone DOES actually post stats and sources, you disregard it flippantly with a condescending "no thanks."

This is why you're not a good American.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Dak's my fave person on this forum because whether I agree with him or not (I almost always don't) he at least has the conviction to stand up for his beliefs. I know we'll never see eye to eye but I don't care because it's refreshing to meet one fucking person that doesn't compromise their morals, regardless of whether you personally think they may be misplaced.

I think what I'm trying to say here is, Dak , never fucking change because you'll always be the champion of my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Pixar Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Can we please have Trump testify under oath just once, for like...five minutes even? Automatic perjury right there.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    You have zero stats or sources to back up a claim that Obamacare hurt people to a greater extent than it helped them. Your personal story is not necessarily true to the extent of everyone else it could've negatively impacted and you have no idea how many people that might've been.

Neither do I, but I'm also not defending Obamacare. I'm just here to tell you that your stance against it is completely baseless and most likely driven by personal and selfish reasons.

And when someone DOES actually post stats and sources, you disregard it flippantly with a condescending "no thanks."

This is why you're not a good American.
    I have no interest in what some biased 'news' paper or whatever the hell it was has to say.

It hurt me, and it hurt people I care about. Nothing they can say will change that. That is like saying everyone that you care about is going to get killed but don't worry it saved some people halfway across the world that you know nothing about.

Ummmmm, no. People I care about comes first.

If I have just enough food to keep my family alive I am not taking that food and giving it to the neighbor. Sorry, you're screwed neighbor. My loved ones come first.

Show me someone who wouldn't do the same thing and I'll show you a fucking no good liar.

So you are telling me why I am not a good American?

Are you even from America?

― William F. Buckley Jr.

Curtain Jerker

Status

A true patriot does not ignore facts simply because it goes against his or her agenda. The truth is Obamacare is not and was not perfect and it needed a lot of work. However repealing it hurts tens of millions of people like your family was. To be so heartless as to not mind that "because I care about us not them" makes you unpatriotic.

With that being said, they do need to change Obamacare. Fixing the mistakes is key, not creating more.
    When I went under, the world was at war. I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost.

Status

The difference between the parties in full swing again. Liberals care about everyone, Conservatives care about themselves.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    A true patriot does not ignore facts simply because it goes against his or her agenda. The truth is Obamacare is not and was not perfect and it needed a lot of work. However repealing it hurts tens of millions of people like your family was. To be so heartless as to not mind that "because I care about us not them" makes you unpatriotic.

With that being said, they do need to change Obamacare. Fixing the mistakes is key, not creating more.
    So it is not unpatriotic that you support me and my family suffering?

Why must we suffer and not them?

Your argument is inherently flawed. You claim to care about everyone yet you are putting one group of people above another and say I am uncaring for not suffering to let them have coverage.

Are you mental?

― William F. Buckley Jr.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    The difference between the parties in full swing again. Liberals care about everyone, Conservatives care about themselves.
    You care about everyone but want me to suffer and not them.

Is this lunacy or what?

Don't you see that you make no fucking sense whatsoever?

Stop it with your holier than thou bullshit.

― William F. Buckley Jr.

Curtain Jerker

Status

So it is not unpatriotic that you support me and my family suffering?

Why must we suffer and not them?

Your argument is inherently flawed. You claim to care about everyone yet you are putting one group of people above another and say I am uncaring for not suffering to let them have coverage.

Are you mental?
    No, because I want it to work for your family too. That is the point. You work on what's wrong and make it better. You don't hurt everyone because some people hurt. You fix it for those who are suffering while still helping the millions who need it.

A hand up is the patriotic way. For everybody. The poor, the handicapped, the downtrodden. Everyone deserves help. We are not the best country on earth when we allow so many to suffer. To remove something that could effectively kill thousands or millions of people out of nothing more than sheer ill will isn't patriotic, it is the opposite. Correct the issues without hurting others. Be the change you want to see.
    When I went under, the world was at war. I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost.

Status

Dak if you're not even gonna bother to read and process my posts, I'm not going to continue to justify yours with a response. I addressed that stance last night.

In other news, the Judiciary Committee is trying to get Donald Jr. to testify as soon as next week regarding this Russia meeting.

WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Dak if you're not even gonna bother to read and process my posts, I'm not going to continue to justify yours with a response. I addressed that stance last night.

In other news, the Judiciary Committee is trying to get Donald Jr. to testify as soon as next week regarding this Russia meeting.
    You addressed nothing. You say you care about everyone but then continue to say that I deserve to suffer until heatlhcare is fixed. My question is why can't it go back to how it was until heatlhcare is fixed?

― William F. Buckley Jr.

Curtain Jerker

Status

How does everyone feel about re-elections? I am normally against it, but if hypothetically there was serious, proven collusion (which I don't expect) with Trump and his cabinet with Russia, we can't realistically, or shouldn't, just give power to Pence. I think a re-election is the only fair and safe option to clean up the swamp if that situation occurred. Obviously in the case of an assassination or otherwise, general rules apply. But in the case of impeachment, I'm not sold.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

No, because I want it to work for your family too. That is the point. You work on what's wrong and make it better. You don't hurt everyone because some people hurt. You fix it for those who are suffering while still helping the millions who need it.

A hand up is the patriotic way. For everybody. The poor, the handicapped, the downtrodden. Everyone deserves help. We are not the best country on earth when we allow so many to suffer. To remove something that could effectively kill thousands or millions of people out of nothing more than sheer ill will isn't patriotic, it is the opposite. Correct the issues without hurting others. Be the change you want to see.
    BUT YOU SUPPORTED AND STILL SUPPORT REMOVING FROM THE PEOPLE THAT THIS BULLSHIT BILL HURT!@

WHAT ABOUT THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

YOU ARE SUPPORTING IT HURTING THOSE PEOPLE UNTIL IT IS FIXED AND I SAY GO BACK TO HOW IT WAS BEFORE UNTIL A FIX CAN BE AGREED UPON!

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF THIS BILL? HOW ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT IT TO GET YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT?

YOU ARE SAYING I AM A BAD PERSON BECAUSE IF WE GET RID OF THIS BILL IT WILL HURT PEOPLE YET YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING HURTING PEOPLE BY KEEPING THIS FLAWED BILL.

UNDERSTAND NOW?

― William F. Buckley Jr.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

How does everyone feel about re-elections? I am normally against it, but if hypothetically there was serious, proven collusion (which I don't expect) with Trump and his cabinet with Russia, we can't realistically, or shouldn't, just give power to Pence. I think a re-election is the only fair and safe option to clean up the swamp if that situation occurred. Obviously in the case of an assassination or otherwise, general rules apply. But in the case of impeachment, I'm not sold.
    Well that is where the Constitution comes in.

No such thing as a re-election.

― William F. Buckley Jr.

Curtain Jerker

Status

BUT YOU SUPPORTED AND STILL SUPPORT REMOVING FROM THE PEOPLE THAT THIS BULLSHIT BILL HURT!@

WHAT ABOUT THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

YOU ARE SUPPORTING IT HURTING THOSE PEOPLE UNTIL IT IS FIXED AND I SAY GO BACK TO HOW IT WAS BEFORE UNTIL A FIX CAN BE AGREED UPON!

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF THIS BILL? HOW ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT IT TO GET YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS SHIT?

YOU ARE SAYING I AM A BAD PERSON BECAUSE IF WE GET RID OF THIS BILL IT WILL HURT PEOPLE YET YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING HURTING PEOPLE BY KEEPING THIS FLAWED BILL.

UNDERSTAND NOW?
    I'm beginning to think you do not love your country. You are proposing that millions of people suffer. Millions. Because you don't like the current system. Instead of fixing what's broken, you want to start from the beginning again. That will do nothing but hurt more people in the process. You seem to have bloodlust and care more about revenge against those who weren't hurt and not about helping those who still need it. Instead of repealing, maybe updating to help those who need it should be the efforts, no?

Status

You addressed nothing. You say you care about everyone but then continue to say that I deserve to suffer until heatlhcare is fixed. My question is why can't it go back to how it was until heatlhcare is fixed?
    Because just as many, if not more, suffer that way. As I already said, it's two steps back for one step forward. I'm sorry you and others are suffering now, but forward progress is the fix, not full on repeal, at the very least that is my sincere belief. If you truly think the frame of the current healthcare act is so fucking broken that it cannot be fixed or changed in a positive way I would very sincerely like to know why.

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Thread Information