Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44525354
Results 1,061 to 1,065 of 1065

Thread: The President Trump Thread

  1. #1061
    Heel Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,957
    Rep Power
    32480

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I genuinely think the left screaming scandal after scandal to try and diminish Trump is actually helping Trump. Take for example the outrage at the "disrespect" Trump showed Merkel by not shaking her hand. Despite the fact that he did.

    What that does is twofold:

    The left gets into a hissy fit about non-issues, diverting attention from the real concerns.

    Anybody who isn't caught up in the frenzy sees it as a desperate smear campaign and then begins to wonder how much of the "real concerns" are authentic. Or are they another desperate attempt from the left?

    Outrage culture plays right into Trump's hands because it provides distraction after distraction. Not to mention it reinforces a lot of Trump's voter base's thoughts on whinging millennials.

    And the mainstream media loves it. Trump is a license to print money for them, and its so easy to print a nonsence story about "Trump disrespecting Merkel" and watch the outraged left flock to it, share it on facebook/twitter and throw a fit over it. While the MSM rolls in their money and the GOP celebrate the real issues being ignored.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    He didnt distespect her..but he did say Germany owes for not meeting the 2% guideline for contributions to NATO. No one owes the States shit. There is no debt that accrues if you dont meet the 2 %.

    According to some sources , his approval rating is slipping.

    Also a bit off topic. A millenial is someone born between 1982 and 2002.
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-21-2017 at 06:07 AM.

  2. #1062
    It's True, It's True
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    16,798
    Rep Power
    139085

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    He didnt distespect her..but he did say Germany owes for not meeting the 2% guideline for contributions to NATO. No one owes the States shit. There is no debt that accrues if you dont meet the 2 %.

    According to some sources , his approval rating is slipping.

    Also a bit off topic. A millenial is someone born between 1982 and 2002.
    Well in Trump's mind, there should be a debt - his whole anti NATO stance is that it doesn't benefit the US because they do so much more in their mind. I can understand why he thinks it, even if I don't personally agree.

    About his approval rates slipping, I wouldn't believe anything about polls/approval rates. The last year has taught that so well. There is a lot of validity in what Dak said about people not being so public about their views on Trump and instead letting their votes do the talking.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  3. #1063
    Heel Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,957
    Rep Power
    32480

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Well in Trump's mind, there should be a debt - his whole anti NATO stance is that it doesn't benefit the US because they do so much more in their mind. I can understand why he thinks it, even if I don't personally agree.

    About his approval rates slipping, I wouldn't believe anything about polls/approval rates. The last year has taught that so well. There is a lot of validity in what Dak said about people not being so public about their views on Trump and instead letting their votes do the talking.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I can agree with your last part. I guess we will know as the future roles on.

    He does create his own scandals. The wiretapping thing is a joke. Not to mention trying to blame Britains intelligence community in the process.

  4. #1064
    It's True, It's True
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    16,798
    Rep Power
    139085

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I can agree with your last part. I guess we will know as the future roles on.

    He does create his own scandals. The wiretapping thing is a joke. Not to mention trying to blame Britains intelligence community in the process.
    Its very deliberate too. The Obama wiretapping thing came right after the heat turned up on Jeff Sessions. How many average Americans remember the Sessions thing now?

    Trump is A LOT smarter than people think he is, and perhaps more than he lets on.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  5. #1065
    Underdog
    Baz's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    3922
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Wales

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Of course Trump is smarter than he lets on, he wouldn't have got to where he is today without having the smarts to do so. I think a lot of stuff with Trump is to keep up the media perception of him, it's something he's worked on for years, so it's not going to change with him being in power is it?
    Mental Health Sufferer.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •