Page 29 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 2828

Thread: The President Trump Thread

  1. #561
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,935
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Some things you just cannot do and claim it is freedom of speech.

    You can't go in a crowded building and yell "FIRE!" when there is no fire and claim freedom of speech. You'll get in trouble for it.

    “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #562

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    7,071
    Rep Power
    445419
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daknald Trump View Post
    Some things you just cannot do and claim it is freedom of speech.

    You can't go in a crowded building and yell "FIRE!" when there is no fire and claim freedom of speech. You'll get in trouble for it.
    Distinct difference between that and burning a flag though. Destroying a flag doesn't necessarily harm or affect anyone. All it does is ruffle the feathers of the overly patriotic.

    There's literally no reason flags need protected by the government.

    Tap Tap Tap



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

    Never Forget
    Spoiler:



  3. #563
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,935
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    So President-Elect Donald Trump just announced that Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis will be his Secretary of Defense.

    I thought I would share a few of his quotes with you.

    “Demonstrate to the world there is ‘No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy’ than a U.S. Marine.”

    “There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”

    “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

    “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”

    “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”

    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”

    “I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.”




    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX5ZRE26YWM

    “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #564
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden Roo's's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,856
    Rep Power
    214942
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daknald Trump View Post
    Some things you just cannot do and claim it is freedom of speech.

    You can't go in a crowded building and yell "FIRE!" when there is no fire and claim freedom of speech. You'll get in trouble for it.
    Because in that scenario you are putting people in harm's way by causing a panic and making everyone rush for the door, possibly causing someone to trip and get trampled amid the hysteria. Burning a flag in protest does not directly put anyone in harm's way. That comparison does not work.

    The U.S. Supreme Court held that flag burning constitutes a form of "symbolic speech" that is protected by the First Amendment. The U.S. Supreme Court declared flag burning protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. While it's not written word for word in the document, the most esteemed governing body in the country deemed flag burning officially within the guidelines of "Free Speech" and under the umbrella of the First Amendment.

    By saying it's not actually in the Constitution, Dak is not wrong. He is being misleading, though.
    Last edited by The Golden Roo's; 12-01-2016 at 09:37 PM.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  5. #565
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,935
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Distinct difference between that and burning a flag though. Destroying a flag doesn't necessarily harm or affect anyone. All it does is ruffle the feathers of the overly patriotic.

    There's literally no reason flags need protected by the government.

    Tap Tap Tap
    Hey you can believe what you want.

    If Congress votes it into law then that is that.

    “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #566
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,935
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Because in that scenario you are putting people in harm's way by causing a panic and making everyone rush for the door, possibly causing someone to trip and get trampled amid the hysteria. Burning a flag in protest does not directly put anyone in harm's way. That comparison does not work.

    The U.S. Supreme Court held that flag burning constitutes a form of "symbolic speech" that is protected by the First Amendment. The U.S. Supreme Court declared flag burning protected by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. While it's not written word for word in the document, the most esteemed governing body in the country deemed flag burning officially within the guidelines of "Free Speech" and under the umbrella of the First Amendment.

    By saying it's not actually in the Constitution, Dak is not wrong. He is being misleading, though.
    Well the Supreme Court has re-examined decisions and issues before. Just because they ruled on that issue once doesn't mean they can't change it.

    “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #567
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden Roo's's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,856
    Rep Power
    214942
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Punishing flag burning is dumb as shit whether a liberal or a conservative came up with it.

    The Trump making fun of the reporter thing was blown out of proportion in fairness. Daks right in that there's a lot to support that that's just the way Trump flails about when he does his Trump thing.

    Tap Tap Tap
    That doesn't make it OK. Trump was being a bully. He has been a bully many times. He was a bully to a handicapped person and everyone criticized him for it. It shouldn't be downplayed, rather every time he is a bully should be highlighted.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  8. #568
    Sweet Meat
    Hollywood Dook's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    56,600
    Rep Power
    701366

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daknald Trump View Post
    Well the Supreme Court has re-examined decisions and issues before. Just because they ruled on that issue once doesn't mean they can't change it.
    Agreed, laws are meant to be updated and changed over time to reflect the world evolving.

    So about those guns..

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  9. #569
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden Roo's's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,856
    Rep Power
    214942
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daknald Trump View Post
    Well the Supreme Court has re-examined decisions and issues before. Just because they ruled on that issue once doesn't mean they can't change it.
    You said "Some things you cannot do and claim it is free speech." Right now, I can burn the American flag and claim it is free speech. Legally, in the United States, your statement is false.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  10. #570
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,935
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dook The Dumpster Droese View Post
    Agreed, laws are meant to be updated and changed over time to reflect the world evolving.

    So about those guns..
    Well that is specifically laid out in the Bill of Rights. 2nd Amendment.

    Good luck with that broski.

    “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

  11. #571
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden Roo's's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,856
    Rep Power
    214942
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daknald Trump View Post
    Hey you can believe what you want.

    If Congress votes it into law then that is that.
    Not true. It would go to the Supreme Court, which as it currently stands would overturn said law based on precedent set by the current members in their most recent vote on the exact same topic.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  12. #572
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,935
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    You said "Some things you cannot do and claim it is free speech." Right now, I can burn the American flag and claim it is free speech. Legally, in the United States, your statement is false.
    I wasn't talking about the flag in that regard. Just saying that not EVERYTHING is protected by freedom of speech.

    Like my previous example, you cannot yell fire in a crowded building.

    I am saying we have made exceptions before. It is not unheard of to do so.

    “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

  13. #573
    Sweet Meat
    Hollywood Dook's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    56,600
    Rep Power
    701366

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daknald Trump View Post
    Well that is specifically laid out in the Bill of Rights. 2nd Amendment.

    Good luck with that broski.
    A gun control argument would probably lead to this being shut down, and we've been relatively rational in this so I want to avoid that. But I will say, whether you're pro guns or anti guns, obviously technology changes, the world changes, opinion and perception changes, we need to adapt to the times and adjust amendments accordingly. I'm not saying ban all guns (nor am I saying the opposite, for the record), but just that in general, its been hundreds of years and things aren't the same as they were then.

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  14. #574
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,935
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Not true. It would go to the Supreme Court, which as it currently stands would overturn said law based on precedent set by the current members in their most recent vote on the exact same topic.
    Good luck with that.

    It would take a while if they even agree to hear the case.

    “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

  15. #575
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,935
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dook The Dumpster Droese View Post
    A gun control argument would probably lead to this being shut down, and we've been relatively rational in this so I want to avoid that. But I will say, whether you're pro guns or anti guns, obviously technology changes, the world changes, opinion and perception changes, we need to adapt to the times and adjust amendments accordingly. I'm not saying ban all guns (nor am I saying the opposite, for the record), but just that in general, its been hundreds of years and things aren't the same as they were then.
    The press isn't the same now as it was either.

    Maybe we should address that as well.

    Things change, but the Constitution rarely does......and for good reason.

    “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

  16. #576
    WC Hall Of Famer
    Mr. Bing Bong's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    14,699
    Rep Power
    136808

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    /renames thread to "Dak Surprisingly Disagrees With Everyone in the Thread"



  17. #577
    Sweet Meat
    Hollywood Dook's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    56,600
    Rep Power
    701366

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    I don't know if being able to tweet news is comparable to automated weapons, but hey, to each their own.

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  18. #578
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,935
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dook The Dumpster Droese View Post
    I don't know if being able to tweet news is comparable to automated weapons, but hey, to each their own.
    What are automated weapons?

    “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

    ― William F. Buckley Jr.

  19. #579

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    7,071
    Rep Power
    445419
      Country                    United States

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daknald Trump View Post
    The press isn't the same now as it was either.

    Maybe we should address that as well.

    Things change, but the Constitution rarely does......and for good reason.
    Are you suggesting any particular changes to the press and if so, what?

    Tap Tap Tap



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

    Never Forget
    Spoiler:



  20. #580
    FFS Calm Doon

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,409
    Rep Power
    78303
      Country                    UK

    Re: WC's 2016 Election Thread

    I was enjoying this thread much more when it was general nonsense.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •