Page 139 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2828

Thread: The President Trump Thread

SOS Brigade Member

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The President Trump Thread

So I suppose France (friends with us since 177-fucking-8), Germany (the country we helped rebuild, thanks to, I dunno... this), and Japan (whom we, again, helped rebuild following World War II) don't count as allies.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / AWA: Eye Of The Storm

People's Champion

Status

Make America Alone!!!!

That's the new slogan.

The US influence doesnt reach as much as they would like to think. The world will just trade around them. Without the rest of the World...the US crumbles. But hey we need you guys as well.

Leaders of the free world!! Hardly

Low public school scores, crime and murder everywhere, ghettos that resemble the third world, poor health system, out of control pharmaceutical companies, private jails that exploit cheap labor, division everywhere. Mass shootings. These aren't traits of leaders of the free world.

There are great things about the US too. You guys have one hell of a nice geographical location. Mountains, beaches deserts, coasts, snow. And honestly most of the people I meet from there are awesome. But the above points still stand. You guys aren't as free as you think. If you are in debt..you aren't free and your system enables that.

Dak, the US isn't holding the deck of cards like you think. They are just at the table like the rest of us. They got a mean poker face. But recently the world is calling their bluff.

But Trump has really tugged you along nicely.
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-06-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Putting America First

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Make America Alone!!!!

That's the new slogan.

No one cares about the US as much they would like to think. The world will just trade around them. Without the rest of the World...the US crumbles. Leaders of the free world!! Hahaha

Low public school scores, crime and murder everywhere, ghettos that resemble the third world, poor health system, out of control pharmaceutical companies, private jails that exploit cheap labor, division everywhere. Mass shootings. These aren't traits of leaders of the free world.

Dak, the US isn't holding the deck of cards like you think. They are just at the table like the rest of us. They got a mean poker face. But recently the world is calling their bluff.

But Trump has really tugged you along nicely.
    If you say so man.

I agree we have become somewhat dependent on the world a bit too much because of our government. I have no doubt in my mind we could smoothly transition back into producing our own stuff here and not trading with any damn body if we didn't want to. It worked before and there is absolutely no reason it wouldn't work again.

In fact, when we did that America was at its strongest! I wish we would go back to that. Made in America, for Americans, by Americans. Good jobs, good economy, all would flourish.

You say the world doesn't need us but when shit hits the fan who do they come running to for money, military support, help in natural disasters, etc...

Make no doubt about it, America is still the big dog on the porch man.

I think it is time we reminded the world of that by stopping taking care of their asses for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    So I suppose France (friends with us since 177-fucking-8), Germany (the country we helped rebuild, thanks to, I dunno... this), and Japan (whom we, again, helped rebuild following World War II) don't count as allies.
    I said close allies.

I was also thinking more in military power as well.

None of the countries you mentioned are that strong militarily.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    If you say so man.

I agree we have become somewhat dependent on the world a bit too much because of our government. I have no doubt in my mind we could smoothly transition back into producing our own stuff here and not trading with any damn body if we didn't want to. It worked before and there is absolutely no reason it wouldn't work again.

In fact, when we did that America was at its strongest! I wish we would go back to that. Made in America, for Americans, by Americans. Good jobs, good economy, all would flourish.

You say the world doesn't need us but when shit hits the fan who do they come running to for money, military support, help in natural disasters, etc...

Make no doubt about it, America is still the big dog on the porch man.

I think it is time we reminded the world of that by stopping taking care of their asses for a while.

I said close allies.

I was also thinking more in military power as well.

None of the countries you mentioned are that strong militarily.
    It can't go back. Us companies depend on the third world too much. Hell Most of Trump's friends do as well. There is no going back. You guys can't afford it.

Also the US sticks their noses into affairs far more than they are asked. They do it to have a world presence. They want embassies everywhere. Countries aren't just going to allow it for free.

Putting America First

Status

It can't go back. Us companies depend on the third world too much. Hell Most of Trump's friends do as well. There is no going back. You guys can't afford it.

Also the US sticks their noses into affairs far more than they are asked. They do it to have a world presence. They want embassies everywhere. Countries aren't just going to allow it for free.
    I say pull all embassies (except a very few of our very close allies) and pull ANY AND ALL foreign aid.

We did it before, we can do it again.

It is just going to take the American people standing up to the anti-American, un-patriotic, greedy pig, big business owners to do it.

Status

It is just going to take the American people standing up to the anti-American, un-patriotic, greedy pig, big business owners to do it.
    He just described his own Republican party

Putting America First

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    He just described his own Republican party
    I have never been supportive of big business. Never claimed to be.

However much like you or anyone else out there a perfect candidate is hard to find.

What ends up being more important to me are other issues however. Issues such as gun rights, states rights, religious issues, etc...

Pretty simple.
    Last edited by Dakstang; 01-06-2018 at 10:47 AM.

When the black man talkin

Status

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star....."

It's almost like this was written by a parody account. Surprised The Onion hasn't had to shut-down because it can't possibly write something this good.

I genuinely believe he is suffering from some kind of mental illness, whether it's dementia, Alzheimer's, or otherwise. I don't say that lightly or to make fun of him, but it's very clearly not normal. His speech patterns are so disjointed. If you go back to interviews with him as little as 10 years ago he talks coherently, but now he speaks like a genuine 5 year old, with constant repetitions and a broken sentence structure. He doesn't talk like a rational human being should, and it's not something that has been typical of Trump's life because it is drastically different to what he used to sound like. And what's worrying is that he seems to be getting worse at a fast rate.

People's Champion

Status

I say pull all embassies (except a very few of our very close allies) and pull ANY AND ALL foreign aid.

We did it before, we can do it again.

But what you are describing is against everything Trump and the US government is about. The US needs their dollar to be the measuring stick. It's not a coincidence that they targeted Pakistan. They just changed to start basing everything on the yuan. They need embassies to help to keep tabs on other countries to ensure their dollar is on top.

And as much as you seem to be against huge Corporate America.. Trump is all for it. The new tax laws directly benefit those types of companies you seem to hate

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I genuinely believe he is suffering from some kind of mental illness, whether it's dementia, Alzheimer's, or otherwise. I don't say that lightly or to make fun of him, but it's very clearly not normal. His speech patterns are so disjointed. If you go back to interviews with him as little as 10 years ago he talks coherently, but now he speaks like a genuine 5 year old, with constant repetitions and a broken sentence structure. He doesn't talk like a rational human being should, and it's not something that has been typical of Trump's life because it is drastically different to what he used to sound like. And what's worrying is that he seems to be getting worse at a fast rate.
    I agree to a certain extent although I don't think he's getting worse because of the illness but rather because it seems apparent to me that he never sleeps. How many times in the last year has he sent out stuff on Twitter at 3AM? While I commend a leader for always wanting to be aware of what's going on, part of that awareness comes from being alert and you can't be alert if you're up at 3 in the morning firing out jabs at CNN or Meryl Streep. He also looks like shit and it's painfully obvious that he's not or hasn't in years led any semblance of a healthy lifestyle outside of not drinking. Like you, I'm not saying that to be a jerk or to try and make fun of him, I genuinely think he needs some sort of help in both a mental and physical regard.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

WC's Fave Five Star Wars Characters Episode II: Attack of the Sequel~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Status

Dak, can you explain the economics of moving all production back to the United States and ending foreign trade to me please? If you believe this is possible, I assume that means you have a clear theory of how that would work.

Whether you are talking about a giant corporation or a small local company, paying a living wage to Americans to manufacture goods means almost all products would increase significantly in cost. That is problematic.

Americans already have the option of eschewing convenience and price to buy a lot of products that are American made. They choose not. I've asked you directly before if you would make that choice. You said you would not. I believe the reason provided was "I can't make a difference.". I find it interesting that you expect the entire nation to choose to make a sacrifice that you personally choose not to.

Quite curious to hear/read your explanation of how the economics of this change would work in your theory.

Putting America First

Status

Being the President is a very stressful job and with Trump even more so because of the media attacks on him.

I don't think any thing is wrong except that he is super stressed.

24/7 biased "news" opinion has had a very negative impact on our country as a whole.

Unfortunately I see no end to it.

When the black man talkin

Status

Being the President is a very stressful job and with Trump even more so because of the media attacks on him.

I don't think any thing is wrong except that he is super stressed.

24/7 biased "news" opinion has had a very negative impact on our country as a whole.

Unfortunately I see no end to it.
    You don't sign up to being head of state without leaving yourself open to 24/7 scrutiny. Obama had it too, just from the other side of the spectrum. Bush had it constantly. In this country, May has it every time she says anything, and so does her opposition, Corbyn.

I do think that Trump has been getting criticised more than any other figure that I can remember, but I think a large part of that is because he is erratic and says too many stupid things anyway.

I think it's dangerous to dismiss it as simply stress.

Putting America First

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    You don't sign up to being head of state without leaving yourself open to 24/7 scrutiny. Obama had it too, just from the other side of the spectrum. Bush had it constantly. In this country, May has it every time she says anything, and so does her opposition, Corbyn.

I do think that Trump has been getting criticised more than any other figure that I can remember, but I think a large part of that is because he is erratic and says too many stupid things anyway.

I think it's dangerous to dismiss it as simply stress.
    President Trump has faced more scrutiny and negative media coverage than any other President.

Now you can say it is because of him but I disagree.

I think it is because the media is vastly liberal and they just disagree with his politics and find any way to complain or insult him.

I mean you didn't see late night comedian on tv crying fake tears about Obama like we have with President Trump.

Shit is out of control.

Status
      Country                    Djibouti

He'd face less scrutiny if he was a decent human being who was half alright at his job, but he's not and he isn't so reap what you sow.

Taptalmatic

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Putting America First

Status

When asked by a reporter what his military concerns were for 2018, Defense Secretary James 'Mad Dog' Mattis replied:

"As you know, I don't have concerns. I create them."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch out world, America is back bitches.

People's Champion

Status

When asked by a reporter what his military concerns were for 2018, Defense Secretary James 'Mad Dog' Mattis replied:

"As you know, I don't have concerns. I create them."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch out world, America is back bitches.
    lol more ridiculous tough guy talk

I also don't get why you keep saying America is back. They haven't gone anywhere. They have been bullies throughout the world for decades. They re just flaunting it more now because old tough guys are trying to bring your country back to 1950.
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-06-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Booty For HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    He'd face less scrutiny if he was a decent human being who was half alright at his job, but he's not and he isn't so reap what you sow.

Taptalmatic
    I didn't see you on WC complaining when Obama was helping spread false narratives, such as the "Hands up don't shoot", Bullshit. Which turned out to be completely false. Hell, he got criticized (no where near as bad as Trump, Bush, or B. Clinton) and people started crying racism. I can go on and on.
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Putting America First

Status

lol more ridiculous tough guy talk

I also don't get why you keep saying America is back. They haven't gone anywhere. They have been bullies throughout the world for decades. They re just flaunting it more now because old tough guys are trying to bring your country back to 1950.
    America went on an apology tour during the Obama Administration.

Apologizing apparently for all the help we have provided, countries we liberated, countries we saved from being occupied by The Third Reich, etc...

Well now we are back and saying there is nothing to apologize for.

Fall in line or get out of the way. We don't need your opinion.

Status

We're going to need a really good apology tour once we impeach Trump and get rid of his corrupt administration to make up for all the drama we've stirred because of him. I'm looking forward to it.

Thread Information