Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2651

Thread: The President Trump Thread

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: The President Trump Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smarkslayer View Post
    Israel has offered Palestine statehood three times. They have made other deals that didn't include statehood, but Palestine isn't interested in any negotiations with Israel.
    Because the offers are terrible and there's a distinct lack of trust in Israel. Israel doesn't understand what it is that Palestinians actually want. It's the same distrust that Israel has in Palestine (Hamas, for example) that results in shitty offers. Simply put, neither side trusts the other enough. If Hamas were taken out, the process would be a lot easier as Israel wouldn't be so distrustful.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Putting America First

Status
      Country                    United States

Nothing over 3 months unless the Mother is at risk of DEATH.

And even then I think they should have to try to save the baby first and let abortion be a last resort.

They can keep babies in incubators and such these days. Technology has advanced a lot.

Status
      Country                    Djibouti

More interesting literature on "late-term abortions" for people who like to actually read things.

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...nth-abortions/

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Putting America First

Status

It makes me so sick to even read of the procedure.

I can't believe they do that to babies.

Sad.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    It makes me so sick to even read of the procedure.

I can't believe they do that to babies.

Sad.
    After 24 weeks birth defects that lead to abortion are very severe and typically considered incompatible with life.
    Those babies are already dead, Dak.

You should be sick for the women who have to endure this, and even more so for those who then get ostracized by friends and loved ones over it.

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Putting America First

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Those babies are already dead, Dak.

You should be sick for the women who have to endure this, and even more so for those who then get ostracized by friends and loved ones over it.
    I am talking about babies that are still alive.

If a baby is already is dead that is pretty much a miscarriage.

If a woman chooses to abort a healthy pregnancy I have absolute no sympathy for them.

Status

I am talking about babies that are still alive.

If a baby is already is dead that is pretty much a miscarriage.
    That's almost exactly what it is but if doctors have to go in there and "abort" the pregnancy because of a dying fetus, they have a word for that, it turns out.

Those are the third trimester abortions your President stupidly called out. They're dead, they're gonna die, or they're gonna kill their mother. No one, no one, aborts a healthy pregnancy at the third trimester.

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Putting America First

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    That's almost exactly what it is but if doctors have to go in there and "abort" the pregnancy because of a dying fetus, they have a word for that, it turns out.

Those are the third trimester abortions your President stupidly called out. They're dead, they're gonna die, or they're gonna kill their mother. No one, no one, aborts a healthy pregnancy at the third trimester.
    Well in that article it mentioned birth deformities such as down syndrome. I don't think that should be allowed.

Many people with down syndrome live happy lives. Not cool to abort them just because of that.

Anything after 3 months is off limits to me unless the baby is dead or the Mother is at risk of DEATH!@

Not 'birth defects' which is how they describe such things as down syndrome in your article.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Honestly, I find the whole Israel subject bizarre.

America first, they scream. No more funding and helping other countries, they plead. Fix our home, first.

Okay, then why are you all for spending billions upon billions of funding for Israel?

My long term stance on the Middle East has been to let them be, and hash it out themselves. The middle east has been in a state of turmoil for a very, very, very long time. And any aided help, is simply going to cause more turmoil. And then in turn, turn turmoil to your country.

Somehow, it baffles me that "fiscal conservatives" want to blow billions a year on another country. But then again, there is absolutely nothing fiscally conservative about the GOP of today.

As for abortions for people due to having downs or similar issues? Yeah, that's just fucking moronic.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

People's Champion

Status

So this got passed.

So if you carry a gun, you can go to whatever state you want with it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politi...rry/index.html
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-07-2017 at 06:57 AM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Putting America First

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    So this got passed.

So if you carry a gun, you can go to whatever state you want with it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politi...rry/index.html
    One thing that was not mentioned about this is the following.

As a concealed carry permit holder myself, I know that in recent years they have made the process to get a permit much more strict and perform a more extensive background check before they issue the permit.

I see no reason why states should have the right to put limits on the 2nd Amendment.

Issues that are not covered in the Constitution (like same sex marriage for example ) SHOULD be relegated to the States however the 2nd Amendment IS in the Constitution so States have no right or grounds to have any say on that issue.

People's Champion

Status

One thing that was not mentioned about this is the following.

As a concealed carry permit holder myself, I know that in recent years they have made the process to get a permit much more strict and perform a more extensive background check before they issue the permit.

I see no reason why states should have the right to put limits on the 2nd Amendment.

Issues that are not covered in the Constitution (like same sex marriage for example ) SHOULD be relegated to the States however the 2nd Amendment IS in the Constitution so States have no right or grounds to have any say on that issue.
    Well atleast it's more strict.

If it's against the constitution, then how were these laws passed to begin with?

Like why would they even have to waste money passing a bill that trump's a states laws if the constitution doesn't allow it to begin with?
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Putting America First

Status

If it's against the constitution, then how were these laws passed to begin with?

Like why would they even have to waste money passing a bill that trump's a states laws if the constitution doesn't allow it to begin with?
    I have been asking myself the same question for a long time....

In my state if you are over 21 you don't even need a permit to concealed carry now.

I keep mine because it is recognized in other states.

Putting America First

Status

In my state if you are over 21 you don't even need a permit to concealed carry now.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Well in that article it mentioned birth deformities such as down syndrome. I don't think that should be allowed.

Many people with down syndrome live happy lives. Not cool to abort them just because of that.

Anything after 3 months is off limits to me unless the baby is dead or the Mother is at risk of DEATH!@

Not 'birth defects' which is how they describe such things as down syndrome in your article.
    I am pro choice but do agree with you on this point. If the parents want to abort the child only because they have Downs or any other birth defects that are not life threatening- I hate seeing that- but I wouldn't think less of them.. They could just give the child up for adoption. Now yes, some forms of Downs are severe and you just do not know how their life will be- such as my sister who had Downs and had severe heart problems and only lived to almost 2 years old- but they should be given the chance. If my mum would have aborted her, yes, I would have understood but it's omething I could never do. My wife and I have talked about this, we have two girls and we went in and said no matter what, if there were problems that did not threathen my wife's life, we would not abort. However, if she would have changed her mind, I would have still supported her.

Tacos Rule!

Status

So AL resigned, will be offical in a few weeks. Yet Roy Moore is still in that race

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    I am pro choice but do agree with you on this point. If the parents want to abort the child only because they have Downs or any other birth defects that are not life threatening- I hate seeing that- but I wouldn't think less of them.. They could just give the child up for adoption. Now yes, some forms of Downs are severe and you just do not know how their life will be- such as my sister who had Downs and had severe heart problems and only lived to almost 2 years old- but they should be given the chance. If my mum would have aborted her, yes, I would have understood but it's omething I could never do. My wife and I have talked about this, we have two girls and we went in and said no matter what, if there were problems that did not threathen my wife's life, we would not abort. However, if she would have changed her mind, I would have still supported her.
    Abortion is an issue I'm very neutral on. I've swung both ways and I really can't make up my mind on it.

One the one hand women should have the freedom to choose what to do with their bodies.

But on the other hand as a male, if it was my baby that was being aborted against my wishes, I would probably be crushed and outraged.

I think the factors play a big key, and who the father is plays a big key. Was it rape, is the women's health at risk, do both parents agree? Those sort of things.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Abortion is an issue I'm very neutral on. I've swung both ways and I really can't make up my mind on it.

One the one hand women should have the freedom to choose what to do with their bodies.

But on the other hand as a male, if it was my baby that was being aborted against my wishes, I would probably be crushed and outraged.

I think the factors play a big key, and who the father is plays a big key. Was it rape, is the women's health at risk, do both parents agree? Those sort of things.
    Agreed.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post

Agreed.

Status

My guess - and its just a guess - is that laws like that are often created and passed purely to appease supporters. Whether that's voters or whether that's financial backers. Something like this is probably more the former. And don't get me wrong - that's not a partisan thing. That's just a political thing.

Already seeing middle east backlash against the Jerusalem decision. Really REALLY hoping that doesn't get ugly.

Thread Information