Page 128 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2828

Thread: The President Trump Thread

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The President Trump Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    From what I read, he has moved the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and that's what is declaring it as its capital.

And so in this case it's not even Trump, but as president and with everything he says and does, he's representing his country.

But still, as much as I hate him and love to criticize his every move, I can't find anything yet on this one. I think it's good that we are making such an assertive move in support of Jurusalem, and I don't think we should be bullied by Palestine from making such moves.

Jerusalem needs our support. I'm as actually surprised this is Trump making this move, but I think it's one of his better ones.
    Say what you will about Trump, but he said he was going to be pro-Israel from day 1 on the campaign trail and it appears he's keeping this promise.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    From what I read, he has moved the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, and that's what is declaring it as its capital.

And so in this case it's not even Trump, but as president and with everything he says and does, he's representing his country.

But still, as much as I hate him and love to criticize his every move, I can't find anything yet on this one. I think it's good that we are making such an assertive move in support of Jurusalem, and I don't think we should be bullied by Palestine from making such moves.

Jerusalem needs our support. I'm as actually surprised this is Trump making this move, but I think it's one of his better ones.
    It depends on your stance on Isreal and Palestine s relations.

Trump doing this is is causing tension in the Middle East.
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-06-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

There has been tension in the middle east since the dawn of time.

This puts the rest of the world on notice and lets them know if you mess with Israel, you mess with America.

Having Christian beliefs, supporting Israel in any way possible is what we should do.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    There has been tension in the middle east since the dawn of time.

This puts the rest of the world on notice and lets them know if you mess with Israel, you mess with America.

Having Christian beliefs, supporting Israel in any way possible is what we should do.
    I can't agree with this.

He's causing a shit storm. Palestinians is a poor country overshadowed by Isreal. They have cut fresh water off from Palestine during Ramadan. What the fuck is that shit?

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I can't agree with this.

He's causing a shit storm. Palestinians is a poor country overshadowed by Isreal. They have cut fresh water off from Palestine during Ramadan. What the fuck is that shit?
    We will never agree on this.

If Palestinians are constantly attacking Israel and such I don't know what they are expected to do.

Just because they are richer and more technologically advanced they are supposed to do nothing?

They are lucky they even exist at this point.

Status

Palestine has routinely terrorized Israel for simply wanting to exist. Israel has offered Palestine many chances for peace and land deals and Palestine always rejects them as they do not recognize Israel's right to even be.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Let's not turn this into a debate cause neither's gonna win. Both sides are as bad as each other in the conflict. Place is fucked.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Wasn't the land that Isreal controls once Palestines?

Status

Yes.

Just a note that if we are going down religious route, the land of Palestine was known as "Judea" at the time. Jesus was born in present-day Palestine fwiw - but it was different back then.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Yes and no. There were two Jewish states that existed there before and they were always invaded by the surrounded Arab countries and taken over. Israel was granted statehood by the UN in 1947-8 and has been fighting with Palestine and the surrounding countries ever since.

Israel eventually made peace with Egypt in the '70s and gave them back land to keep the peace and has made the same offer to Palestine a few times. Obviously, Israel has done shitty things as well, but at the end of the day they just want to exist. They're the only Jewish state and there's I believe 22 Arab ones.
    Last edited by Sicario; 12-06-2017 at 09:14 PM.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Yes.

Just a note that if we are going down religious route, the land of Palestine was known as "Judea" at the time. Jesus was born in present-day Palestine fwiw - but it was different back then.
    And basically the UN gave this land away to what is now Isreal?

So basically it's like someone taking over your house and allowing someone else to live there and you get a room in the house? If this a simplified picture of it, I can understand Palestines side of things.

This is actually a question. I'm not baiting or anything
    Last edited by indyfan; 12-06-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Status

And basically the UN gave this land away to what is now Isreal?

So basically it's like someone taking over your house and allowing someone else to live there and you get a room in the house? If this a simplified picture of it, I can understand Palestines side of things.

This is actually a question? I'm not baiting or anything
    The land that was Palestine was originally split into two states: A Jewish one and an Arab one. Israel was attacked on day 1 and after surviving seized the land and it's basically been as you descried ever since. It wasn't meant to be that way.

Israel has offered as I said before to give Palestine land and recognize it as a separate state, but Palestine always rejects the offer.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

Status

Palestine rejects that offer because the land offered is paltry compared to the land taken/occupied by Israel. Infact, Palestine has actually conceded land iirc already.

I am fairly certain that Israel has a bunch of unreasonable demands to go with their offer. It's basically an offer made to stop Palestine being a sovereign state and to strengthen Israel should any disagreements occur in future. It's not a fair offer by any means. That's why you have this dumb ass conflict. Israel are only trying to benefit themselves with a peace agreement.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Its all very complicated and a subject I can't harp on Trump about, nor agree with him about as I really just don't know enough about it.

As for the abortion debate, abortion is complicated. I'm pro choice but I also think there are limits. Though planned parenthood and clinics getting funding is extremely important.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

Israel has offered Palestine statehood three times. They have made other deals that didn't include statehood, but Palestine isn't interested in any negotiations with Israel.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Palestine rejects that offer because the land offered is paltry compared to the land taken/occupied by Israel. Infact, Palestine has actually conceded land iirc already.

I am fairly certain that Israel has a bunch of unreasonable demands to go with their offer. It's basically an offer made to stop Palestine being a sovereign state and to strengthen Israel should any disagreements occur in future. It's not a fair offer by any means. That's why you have this dumb ass conflict. Israel are only trying to benefit themselves with a peace agreement.
    That was the impression I always got from my pro Palestine friends.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

If we want to go down the religious route God says that Israel is his chosen people.

Status

Almost every "late-term abortion" is a critical medical emergency by the way. No hospital worth their salt would terminate a baby in the third trimester because the mother changed her mind. Late abortions are near universally because the mother is at extreme risk of death, or because the baby is going to die anyway.

So no, those shouldn't go anywhere. That sort of painting with wide strokes is the sort of shit conservatives get mad about when they hear "ban all guns." It's not being fair to the complexity of the issue.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Almost every "late-term abortion" is a critical medical emergency by the way. No hospital worth their salt would terminate a baby in the third trimester because the mother changed her mind. Late abortions are near universally because the mother is at extreme risk of death, or because the baby is going to die anyway.

So no, those shouldn't go anywhere. That sort of painting with wide strokes is the sort of shit conservatives get mad about when they hear "ban all guns." It's not being fair to the complexity of the issue.
    I think most people are saying medical necessities are perfectly acceptable. They're just saying take "near universally" and "almost every" and make that "all late-term" are because of risk of harm to mother or child. Just my hunch.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smarkslayer View Post
    I think most people are saying medical necessities are perfectly acceptable. They're just saying take "near universally" and "almost every" and make that "all late-term" are because of risk of harm to mother or child. Just my hunch.
    If that's the case they're trying to solve a problem that's already been solved.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ions/92515324/

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Thread Information