4.) Football on Saturdays and Sundays
    5.) The Second Amendment
    6.) Racism
    7.) The First Amendment
    You forgot Beer, Meth and Beer.

Status

Re: The President Trump Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    I'm too goddamn stupid to explain things properly because I'm a fucking idiot.
    You could have just started and stopped with this right here.

Tacos Rule!

Status
      Country                    United States

This is from a TV show called Newsroom and though it's a fictional show, and a fictional segment- it's not wrong. Our country is messed up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c

DILLY DILLY

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Those were not a good choice of words. But whatever.
    Can we just skip past the rage and get right to your inevitable apology because this melodramatic snowflake shtick of yours is getting a bit tiresome. - Brock Landers

God of Destruction

Status

How is Trump really doing in the office? I am curious to see opinions of normal American citizens

Power Comes From The Response of A Need...Not A Desire

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Well, you can clearly hear and see the reaction of the majority. The majority did not vote for him, after all.

But anytime that majority speaks, it is discredited and attacked as "fake news" by their pumpkin messiah, and they rant and rave on how great America is without giving any evidence or reasoning to support it.

As far as "normal Americans", well...that's a bit of a paradox. Your definition of normal for the rest of the world will not ring true in a large portion of Americans, certainly.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Status

Fuck off Cox! Nobody called me names. I'm just a moron whose anger has to be everybody's fucking entertainment. Nine years of this dude. What's the point of apologizing anymore?
    You should peacefully protest.

Dak Lives Matter!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    The same could be said for you too. You and Doom should be the opening match in CliqueaMania. The winner has the right to be called the "Eugene" of WrestlingClique.

Would be like Timmy vs Jimmy on South Park!
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    How is Trump really doing in the office? I am curious to see opinions of normal American citizens
    He really is not doing thqt great of a job tbh. That can be said with most presidents in their first year of office. But Trump is dividing the country. His endless Twitter rants on the most ridiculous things- tv ratings, crowd sizes, his IQ, news that he doesn't like, you name it- is not helping things. He has pushed for all these derugulations of this and that- that were there for reasons. He wants to build a wall that he says another country will pay for. This whole NFL protesters- very few were doing it until Trump blasted the players for doing it- causing whole teams to start doing it...take your pick.
    Honestly I can't think of one good thing he has done.

DILLY DILLY

Status

Can I clear the air here guys and girls?

I've lost my temper way too many times over the years on here. I wanted to have a civil conversation about this issue of the NFL protests that goes on. Everyone does have a right to exercise their freedom because this IS America. We all have rights to protest anything. I'm simply not a fan of the protesting in the NFL, plain and simple.

I wasn't being serious when I called myself an idiot, moron or whatever, I just didn't care what anyone says or how they see my post. I've embarrassed myself and I'm not proud of it. Politics always gets to me and I should have took advice from some people on here before I say something that I would regret. I regret attacking members on here, because it feels like nobody agrees with my stance of the protests in the NFL. You cannot win everyone over. We all have our differences and I have to accept it.
    Last edited by King Dong DOOM; 10-12-2017 at 06:40 PM.
    Can we just skip past the rage and get right to your inevitable apology because this melodramatic snowflake shtick of yours is getting a bit tiresome. - Brock Landers

No voter.

Status
      Country                    UK

Why do you care Marshall? You're live in the United Kingdom. This doesn't concern you and your country.
    Do you know what Doom, good question. In fact I'll go one better than that and say that is a very fair and rational question to ask me, so I'll explain it for you in detail. With complete sincerity and not a hint of sarcasm. I know most of my posts are layered with sarcasm. You admit you've got anger issues, I admit I can be a bit of an arsehole at times who is both too smart for his own good and if I was as smart as I think I am I'd know when to fuck up from time to time. As my many infractions on here over the years have shown. However, my answer below is placed out calmly, rationally, and sincerely for you.

So why do I care?

Well, firstly, I'm a journalist. Ok, I'm primarily a sports writer and have no real desire to cover politics so whereas it may not be my job to care about these things, and keep tabs on them, it is certainly my responsibility.

Secondly, I care about people, any people and all people. Now this usually puts me in a tough spot because whereas I don't really like people as a whole, horrible creatures when you look at it, I do care them about. I get annoyed when people don't get their rights or when those above them are trying to squash their rights. I also don't like seeing people not getting help from the governments that are supposed to be there for them when they need it. So when I see this stuff come up I think to myself "Hmm who really cares, what about the people whose lives have been destroyed in PR?" for example.

Finally, and most importantly, because I can. I live in a democratic country that gives me the right to have an opinion and express that opinion on whatever and whichever way I like. As long as I am not hurting anyone else.

Hope that clears things up for you, sorry to go all TGR lite here.

Sweet Meat

Status

I do agree with the narrative that is pushed constantly, especially for black people: its like they are never allowed to protest. Doing it this way is violent, doing it this way is wrong, doing it that way is wrong. Don't protest online, don't protest on TV, don't silently protest, don't protest in the streets. Ultimately what the right (or those who oppose the protesting on the right, more specifically as to not lump everyone together) seems to be saying is: if we don't agree with it, your freedom of speech and freedom to protest shouldn't exist.

Of course, this can go both ways with the left often fighting racist protests of the right, though that opens up a different can of worms.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Tacos Rule!

Status

Wow, now he is going on about how we can say Merry Christmas again and that we should praise (or he may have said worship) God instead of our government. Of course he says this at a values voters get together and was pandering to the crowd. One thing I will say about Trump, he knows how to pander to his base by saying exactly what they want to hear and of course they clap.

As an atheist, if I were in a position that Trump is in, I would never dare say something like that, never impose my beliefs on others. People want to say Merry Christmas, Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays- it doesn't matter. Not everybody celebrates the holiday, not everybody is of the same religion.

Yeah we do christmas, always have. But to us, especially now that I have a family of my own, Christmas has always just been about family, giving gifts etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politi...30PMVODtopLink
    Last edited by hanz gruber; 10-13-2017 at 11:17 PM.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Mmm, yes. Pander to wealthy white straight Christians about how horrible things are, and how opressed they are at an Anti-LGBT rally. Impose your beliefs and make it look even more like the conservative right want a theocratic government, all while under the guise they are the ones being attacked and persecuted.

Hilarious, really.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vayne View Post
    Mmm, yes. Pander to wealthy white straight Christians about how horrible things are, and how opressed they are at an Anti-LGBT rally. Impose your beliefs and make it look even more like the conservative right want a theocratic government, all while under the guise they are the ones being attacked and persecuted.

Hilarious, really.
    Hilarious because that was exactly the strategy Hitler used, right down to using God to enforce his beliefs?

Putting America First

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    I do agree with the narrative that is pushed constantly, especially for black people: its like they are never allowed to protest. Doing it this way is violent, doing it this way is wrong, doing it that way is wrong. Don't protest online, don't protest on TV, don't silently protest, don't protest in the streets. Ultimately what the right (or those who oppose the protesting on the right, more specifically as to not lump everyone together) seems to be saying is: if we don't agree with it, your freedom of speech and freedom to protest shouldn't exist.

Of course, this can go both ways with the left often fighting racist protests of the right, though that opens up a different can of worms.
    Do you wanna know what I would consider the right way to go about it?

Like Martin Luther King Jr. did. Hey that was pretty effective.....right?

Respectful, non-violent, organized protest.

That is the kind of protest that get results.

Destroying property, blocking traffic, disrespecting the flag, the country, and servicemen who fought and died for freedom, insulting others, etc.....is NOT the most effective way to protest.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall Dakson View Post
    Do you wanna know what I would consider the right way to go about it?

Like Martin Luther King Jr. did. Hey that was pretty effective.....right?

Respectful, non-violent, organized protest.

That is the kind of protest that get results.

Destroying property, blocking traffic, disrespecting the flag, the country, and servicemen who fought and died for freedom, insulting others, etc.....is NOT the most effective way to protest.
    They tried peaceful protesting first. It got ignored.

There were riots during MLK times as well. How effective was it? ...you guys just elected a racist president.
    Last edited by indyfan; 10-14-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Putting America First

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    They tried peaceful protesting first. It got ignored.

There were riots during MLK times as well.
    I don't know of any peaceful protests recently. Anything that Black Lives Matter has to do with ends up with traffic being blocked or destruction of property.

What made more of a difference in the 60's peaceful protests or riots?

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall Dakson View Post
    I don't know of any peaceful protests recently. Anything that Black Lives Matter has to do with ends up with traffic being blocked or destruction of property.

What made more of a difference in the 60's peaceful protests or riots?

Peaceful protests don't make the news especially the news you watch.

And as unfortunate as it is...protests that sway farther away from peaceful actually make more change than peaceful protests. Not that peaceful protests can't. It just governments don't care about it until it disrupts daily life.

Look at France when they tried to raise retirement age from 60 years old to 62 years old. They protested and fought and won.

Look at Quebec with the raising tuition fees.

Putting America First

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Peaceful protests don't make the news especially the news you watch.

And as unfortunate as it is...protests that sway farther away from peaceful actually make more change than peaceful protests. Not that peaceful protests can't. It just governments don't care about it until it disrupts daily life.

Look at France when they tried to raise retirement age from 60 years old to 62 years old. They protested and fought and won.

Look at Quebec with the raising tuition fees.
    If you think the protests that are going on are helping clearly you are not paying attention.

A lot of people who support their cause are turning away from the violence and hate.

Peaceful protests is what ended segregation. Violence could have never done that.

Thread Information