Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2225

Thread: The President Trump Thread

  1. #2141
    When the black man talkin
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    17,823
    Rep Power
    241086

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    If you have to say this, you're probably on the wrong side.
    That isn't strictly true. Doom is making a point about a racially sensitive situation and he is taking the stance against the nfl players. I don't think it's necessary for him to clarify that he's not racist but given people's reaction to anything remotely on Trump's side I can understand why he did. It's a sad state of affairs when people feel they have to add that into a decent post. Guess it further shows the political division.

    I also think that the nfl protests feel off and I can't really put my finger on why. As someone living in the UK I don't know what it's like for a black person in the USA really. But I don't think the nfl players are helping anything because it's just creating more political divisions.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  2. #2142
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    52,907
    Rep Power
    249385

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    That isn't strictly true. Doom is making a point about a racially sensitive situation and he is taking the stance against the nfl players. I don't think it's necessary for him to clarify that he's not racist but given people's reaction to anything remotely on Trump's side I can understand why he did. It's a sad state of affairs when people feel they have to add that into a decent post. Guess it further shows the political division.

    I also think that the nfl protests feel off and I can't really put my finger on why. As someone living in the UK I don't know what it's like for a black person in the USA really. But I don't think the nfl players are helping anything because it's just creating more political divisions.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Nah, I definitely think if you have to clarify your comments aren't racist there's a problem with your side. As for the protests, I have no issue with them. People aren't refusing to do their job. They're kneeling for a national anthem and it spreads awareness. Trump using it as a scapegoat and a distraction is the issue, not people protesting violence and injustice.

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  3. #2143
    When the black man talkin
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    17,823
    Rep Power
    241086

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Nah, I definitely think if you have to clarify your comments aren't racist there's a problem with your side. As for the protests, I have no issue with them. People aren't refusing to do their job. They're kneeling for a national anthem and it spreads awareness. Trump using it as a scapegoat and a distraction is the issue, not people protesting violence and injustice.
    Oh Trump's reaction to it is certainly abhorrent because that is just creating more division. Which is his entire strategy for anything and unfortunately its worked so far.

    I guess I don't agree with the protests but the government's response to it is even worse.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  4. #2144

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gravity Falls
    Posts
    6,176
    Rep Power
    214453

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    I guess my stance is if you're really that fucking bothered about a bunch of dudes sitting down during a song while a flag waves, you should really assess your priorities.

    You KNOW that the players aren't disrespecting troops or America with their protests, they have made that clear. For some of them the protest is very much about BEING American and standing up for your rights. The only thing that bothers you is this conception that not saluting a flag means you hate America, which is factually inaccurate and ridiculous. Someone like Colin Kaepernick, who has been a noted activist over the last year, has been a far better American than half of those who protest him because he has used his platform and his money to try and improve things, no matter his faults. And yet keyboard, couch potato warriors paint him an America-hating attention whore because he dared to peacefully protest a perceived injustice. If you're bothered that he sits down during the National Anthem but don't care a bit that he's out trying to better his community and country while he unfairly sits on the sidelines, then I'd argue that you're far less of an American and a human being than he is.

    And that's not targeted at anyone in particular, but if that post applies to you, then it applies to you.



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame



    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


  5. #2145
    No voter.
    Marshall's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,200
    Rep Power
    36825
      Country                    UK

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    It's a distraction.

    So trivial when you consider some of the other stuff that is going on atm, American citizens in PR who may never be able to return to their homes.

    See if you're offended by any of this bollocks, it's just a fucking flag and a song get over yourself.

  6. #2146
    Tacos Rule!
    hanz gruber's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    15591
      Country                    United States

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    It's a distraction.

    So trivial when you consider some of the other stuff that is going on atm, American citizens in PR who may never be able to return to their homes.

    See if you're offended by any of this bollocks, it's just a fucking flag and a song get over yourself.
    This is pretty much it- it's a distraction by Trump- even those in his party want him to let things go. He is supposed to be our president yet he acts like a know it all kid.

  7. #2147
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden One's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,239
    Rep Power
    131719
      Country                    United States

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    The First Amendment is more important than a song or a piece of cloth.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  8. #2148
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,396
    Rep Power
    81129

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    The whole point of a protest is to bring awareness to an issue the State chooses to ignore or sweep under a rug.

    You aren't suppose to escape from this reality. It's suppose to be in your face.

    And as long as nothing gets done to please the protesters or attempts to meet them half way,, these protest will intensify. And they should. Its not selfish to ask for your rights( or the rights of others) to be respected. It's harsh but the rights of many are being tranpeled on. And it's not American rights..it's human rights
    Last edited by indyfan; 10-12-2017 at 09:04 AM.

  9. #2149
    Future Endeavoured
    Sully's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,146
    Rep Power
    77101

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    What does that mean exactly?

    To answer your question Sully, it's a big deal to the players that they're protesting, but it's becoming a distraction even before Trump stuck his nose into the sport to make it worse. I watch sports in general to get away from politics and the issues in life, and I'm afraid those politics and issues are being flooded into the NFL. It's a big turn off. I will never be on the side of any protests in the NFL. That's not why I support or watch the sport. I won't quit watching it.

    As for the ongoing issues with him dealing with the aftermath of Puerto Rico and the ongoing storyline of North Korea, it's gonna continue to be a distraction indeed.
    How does it distract you from the sport? The anthem is in the first two minutes. Whether people were sitting or standing takes nothing away from the game that follows, and the game is the reason you watch. So what's the problem?

  10. #2150
    Dak Lives Matter!
    Swamps's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,626
    Rep Power
    52134
      Country                    United States

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    The First Amendment is more important than a song or a piece of cloth.
    Horseshit! No Amendment is more important than the song "Mmmbop" by Hanson! None I tell you! Put that in your headlines, newspaper man!
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

  11. #2151
    God's Gift to God
    PowerfulCoxatron's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Suplex City, Bitch
    Posts
    15,565
    Rep Power
    162176

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    kneel with 3 minutes left in the game and no one bats an eye

    kneel 3 minutes before the game and everyone loses their mind

  12. #2152
    Future Endeavoured
    Sully's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,146
    Rep Power
    77101

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    kneel with 3 minutes left in the game and no one bats an eye

    kneel 3 minutes before the game and everyone loses their mind
    I don't know 3 minutes is still kind of early to be kneeling the ball. The opposing team could easily get the ball back with plenty of time to score. Not to forget about the two minute warning that would stop the clock as well. I think kneeling in that situation would result in some controversy.

  13. #2153
    Dak Lives Matter!
    Swamps's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,626
    Rep Power
    52134
      Country                    United States

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    kneel with 3 minutes left in the game and no one bats an eye

    kneel 3 minutes before the game and everyone loses their mind
    That's just dumb.
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

  14. #2154
    God's Gift to God
    PowerfulCoxatron's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Suplex City, Bitch
    Posts
    15,565
    Rep Power
    162176

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I don't know 3 minutes is still kind of early to be kneeling the ball. The opposing team could easily get the ball back with plenty of time to score. Not to forget about the two minute warning that would stop the clock as well. I think kneeling in that situation would result in some controversy.
    Fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    That's just dumb.
    Actually it's very smart. Possibly the smartest. Most definitely the smartest.

    ily

  15. #2155
    WC Dong Chaser Champion
    DOOM's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    8,846
    Rep Power
    72478
      Country                    United States

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I guess my stance is if you're really that fucking bothered about a bunch of dudes sitting down during a song while a flag waves, you should really assess your priorities.

    You KNOW that the players aren't disrespecting troops or America with their protests, they have made that clear. For some of them the protest is very much about BEING American and standing up for your rights. The only thing that bothers you is this conception that not saluting a flag means you hate America, which is factually inaccurate and ridiculous. Someone like Colin Kaepernick, who has been a noted activist over the last year, has been a far better American than half of those who protest him because he has used his platform and his money to try and improve things, no matter his faults. And yet keyboard, couch potato warriors paint him an America-hating attention whore because he dared to peacefully protest a perceived injustice. If you're bothered that he sits down during the National Anthem but don't care a bit that he's out trying to better his community and country while he unfairly sits on the sidelines, then I'd argue that you're far less of an American and a human being than he is.

    And that's not targeted at anyone in particular, but if that post applies to you, then it applies to you.
    You don't fucking get it Silk. Politics and protests should have never brought light in sports. Are you too ignorant to understand that? Jerry Jones says it best by saying, if the players refuse to stand for the national anthem as intended, you don't play. The NFL never used to be like this until Kaepernick brought his awareness to a nationwide audience, which he never should. Yes they're American and have the right to protest and stuff, we're the greatest country in the world to express our freedom, but not protest in the most popular sport in the word, turning people off, losing ratings because of it, the NFL shouldn't be the place. It's funny how liberals like you praise for the NFL to lose its appeal because of this. AGAIN, if players want to protest and bring awareness to these issues, form a protest outside the sport for once.

    The NFL players who are bothered by this issues can do a good deed by helping their communities out, without disrespecting the American flag during the national anthem, but they're too goddamn rich and using their fame and attention to bring this issues the wrong way. Honestly, I do feel bad for Titans tight end Delanie Walker for receiving death threats from fans and that's sad. No players doesn't deserve the wrath from fans.

    And one more thing Silk, don't ever fucking say that I'm less of an American and a human being because of this issues!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    It's a distraction.

    So trivial when you consider some of the other stuff that is going on atm, American citizens in PR who may never be able to return to their homes.

    See if you're offended by any of this bollocks, it's just a fucking flag and a song get over yourself.
    Why do you care Marshall? You're live in the United Kingdom. This doesn't concern you and your country.

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    The whole point of a protest is to bring awareness to an issue the State chooses to ignore or sweep under a rug.

    You aren't suppose to escape from this reality. It's suppose to be in your face.

    And as long as nothing gets done to please the protesters or attempts to meet them half way,, these protest will intensify. And they should. Its not selfish to ask for your rights( or the rights of others) to be respected. It's harsh but the rights of many are being tranpeled on. And it's not American rights..it's human rights
    No shit sherlock. We get that.

    If you're too fucking blind to understand, and again I have to say this, we watch sports to get away from the stresses of life like politics. And don't fucking tell me that it's "in your face." Ooooh, how intimidating that liberals want to get in people's faces.


  16. #2156
    I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.
    An Original Name's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin Ireland
    Posts
    1,575
    Rep Power
    39960
      Country                    Ireland

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    You don't fucking get it Silk..
    And one more thing Silk, don't ever fucking say that I'm less of an American and a human being because of this issues!
    Why do you care Marshall? You're live in the United Kingdom. This doesn't concern you and your country.
    If you're too fucking blind to understand, and again I have to say this, we watch sports to get away from the stresses of life like politics. And don't fucking tell me that it's "in your face." Ooooh, how intimidating that liberals want to get in people's faces
    This is the type of mature rational argument that I love about this thread.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

  17. #2157
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Evil Jon's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,534
    Rep Power
    284335
      Country                    Canada

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    You don't fucking get it Silk. Politics and protests should have never brought light in sports. Are you too ignorant to understand that? Jerry Jones says it best by saying, if the players refuse to stand for the national anthem as intended, you don't play. The NFL never used to be like this until Kaepernick brought his awareness to a nationwide audience, which he never should. Yes they're American and have the right to protest and stuff, we're the greatest country in the world to express our freedom, but not protest in the most popular sport in the word, turning people off, losing ratings because of it, the NFL shouldn't be the place. It's funny how liberals like you praise for the NFL to lose its appeal because of this. AGAIN, if players want to protest and bring awareness to these issues, form a protest outside the sport for once.

    The NFL players who are bothered by this issues can do a good deed by helping their communities out, without disrespecting the American flag during the national anthem, but they're too goddamn rich and using their fame and attention to bring this issues the wrong way. Honestly, I do feel bad for Titans tight end Delanie Walker for receiving death threats from fans and that's sad. No players doesn't deserve the wrath from fans.

    And one more thing Silk, don't ever fucking say that I'm less of an American and a human being because of this issues!

    Why do you care Marshall? You're live in the United Kingdom. This doesn't concern you and your country.

    No shit sherlock. We get that.

    If you're too fucking blind to understand, and again I have to say this, we watch sports to get away from the stresses of life like politics. And don't fucking tell me that it's "in your face." Ooooh, how intimidating that liberals want to get in people's faces.
    KEEP THE PEOPLE IGNANT!

    A flag is political. A national anthem is political.

    Maybe the whole point of the kneeling is to let people like you know that it's not right to ignore and forget the suffering of other people, much in the same way the people actually going through the suffering aren't allowed to forget or get away from it.

  18. #2158
    Tacos Rule!
    hanz gruber's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    341
    Rep Power
    15591
      Country                    United States

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    Horseshit! No Amendment is more important than the song "Mmmbop" by Hanson! None I tell you! Put that in your headlines, newspaper man!
    That's what I am thinking too.

  19. #2159
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,396
    Rep Power
    81129

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    You don't fucking get it Silk. Politics and protests should have never brought light in sports. Are you too ignorant to understand that? Jerry Jones says it best by saying, if the players refuse to stand for the national anthem as intended, you don't play. The NFL never used to be like this until Kaepernick brought his awareness to a nationwide audience, which he never should. Yes they're American and have the right to protest and stuff, we're the greatest country in the world to express our freedom, but not protest in the most popular sport in the word, turning people off, losing ratings because of it, the NFL shouldn't be the place. It's funny how liberals like you praise for the NFL to lose its appeal because of this. AGAIN, if players want to protest and bring awareness to these issues, form a protest outside the sport for once.

    The NFL players who are bothered by this issues can do a good deed by helping their communities out, without disrespecting the American flag during the national anthem, but they're too goddamn rich and using their fame and attention to bring this issues the wrong way. Honestly, I do feel bad for Titans tight end Delanie Walker for receiving death threats from fans and that's sad. No players doesn't deserve the wrath from fans.

    And one more thing Silk, don't ever fucking say that I'm less of an American and a human being because of this issues!

    Why do you care Marshall? You're live in the United Kingdom. This doesn't concern you and your country.

    No shit sherlock. We get that.

    If you're too fucking blind to understand, and again I have to say this, we watch sports to get away from the stresses of life like politics. And don't fucking tell me that it's "in your face." Ooooh, how intimidating that liberals want to get in people's faces.
    Well apparently it's working on you. Like I said, it's suppose to disrupt your daily life. How can the State start to care unless there is disruption from everyday life.

    Get used to it, it's going to get worse. It's in all the tv shows coming up. It's in sports, news, entertainment now. You can't escape it until the protest is finished. And the protests won't be finished until the governments( all of them that allow abuse on the people) cave and the system is changed. People are tired of getting walked on and screwed over. Maybe you don't empathize with their issues but that doesn't make their dilemmas less real.

    You want it to stop? Help them get the rights they deserve.
    Last edited by indyfan; 10-12-2017 at 01:19 PM.

  20. #2160
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Evil Jon's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,534
    Rep Power
    284335
      Country                    Canada

    Re: The President Trump Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    I shouldn't have gone off-topic into talking about other issues. That was stupid of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    I want to apologize for everything that has transpired on here. It was stupid for me to bring up climate change and as usual, I lost my cool. I accept the heat I've received from y'all, I deserved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    I am not good at explaining things, always have. I am no longer talking about politics. I am done with it, because we will never agree to anything. I hope you guys kill each other to death over disagreements and arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    Since there's a ocean of criticisms already about Trump's first six days in office, is there anything positive being said about him, so this thread can be balanced?

    One good thing I've heard, is that Trump wants to clean out the black community by getting rid of crime. That means getting rid of gangs, drugs, drug-trafficking murderers and giving the community an opportunity to work and make a better living.

    This will be the only time that I'm making this political post.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    Well, I tried to make a statement and guess what? WRONG AGAIN!

    When it comes to politics, I lose more than I gain when I make these pointless posts. I wish we can at least look at the positive of things of Trump's Presidency, but that won't happen.

    I swear politics is a fucking joke and I'm tired of wasting my time and anger over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    I'm staying out of politics for good. Last night was unnecessary and uncalled for on all levels, when I told a certain somebody to go kill themselves. I should have not said anything at all. I didn't respect people's opinions, I went my way by demonizing liberals in general, that's not who I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    Jesus TGR!

    Do you think anybody's gonna take thirty minutes reading your rage post? Give it up dude. You can try to get inside their heads, but it isn't gonna change their tune. No wonder you got the "rage" in your name, no offense my friend. Take a breather dude before you have a meltdown again, just saying.
    Bonus one because of the irony.

    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    Like usual, I'm always in the wrong. That's why I've chose not to talk about politics. I'm too dumb to even talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    I wasn't prepared to defend yourself like I should have. I didn't do any research, I didn't make a good explanation, I shouldn't have said anything at all. If I wrong, I don't take the criticism too well. I need to stay away from political discussions, forever.
    Cant wait to add another "I want to apologize" & "im walking away from this thread" to the DOOM hall of godly posts (in this thread alone).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •