Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2103

Thread: The President Trump Thread

Tacos Rule!

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The President Trump Thread

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I think Bush refused help from Cuba during Katrina.

It makes zero sense to refuse help from any country during a time like this.

Get this....They offer help and Trump decides to tweet how Mexico has high crime and the wall needs to be built. It's in the article. I checked his twitter and it's there on August 27. 2017

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.indepe...716.html%3famp
    Just goes to show you Trump doesn't care for us. He should take help from anyone who offers it just as Bush should have with Cuba (didn't realize that). I know with Katrina we got packages from a over- I specifically remember picking stuff up at a FEMA distribution location and some of the kitchen utensils/pots and pans were from Saudi Arabia.

I also remember when that sunami hit in Indonesia not long after Katrina that their enemies offered help and they took the help. It's human nature to help.

So Trump , if Mexico wants to help, let them. And shut the fuck up about the damm wall.

Future Endeavoured

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    Just goes to show you Trump doesn't care for us. He should take help from anyone who offers it just as Bush should have with Cuba (didn't realize that). I know with Katrina we got packages from a over- I specifically remember picking stuff up at a FEMA distribution location and some of the kitchen utensils/pots and pans were from Saudi Arabia.

I also remember when that sunami hit in Indonesia not long after Katrina that their enemies offered help and they took the help. It's human nature to help.

So Trump , if Mexico wants to help, let them. And shut the fuck up about the damm wall.
    Mexico isn't even an enemy though. But Trump is treating them like they are and that's not cool.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Mexico isn't even an enemy though. But Trump is treating them like they are and that's not cool.
    Oh I know . They are his enemy because they are not gonna pay for the wall lol.

Dak Lives Matter!

Status

When you say Trump doesn't care about "us", are you implying that you are in Texas and stranded, so he should be doing more? I'm legit curious. Also, the past couple of days myself, along with several of my friends, families, and Co-workers have been rounding up supplies for those affected by this event. Several of my friends are already there providing assistance, and it looks like I will be making my way to Texas this weekend. Will you be joining us? Will anyone else in this thread stating that we should have outsiders help, coming to join us? How many of you guys were down in Louisiana with me (both times) the hurricanes flooded the area? How many went down to Savannah last year? How about Mississippi? Yeah, Katrina destroyed that place too, but since it wasn't a great story like New Orleans, piss on them, right?

Why do we need other countries to come in when we have more than enough here? Guess blogging about it on Social Media is helping out, right?
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    Why do we need other countries to come in when we have more than enough here? Guess blogging about it on Social Media is helping out, right?
    Why not accept all the help you can get? What is to be gained by turning away the kindness of others?

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Tacos Rule!

Status

When you say Trump doesn't care about "us", are you implying that you are in Texas and stranded, so he should be doing more? I'm legit curious. Also, the past couple of days myself, along with several of my friends, families, and Co-workers have been rounding up supplies for those affected by this event. Several of my friends are already there providing assistance, and it looks like I will be making my way to Texas this weekend. Will you be joining us? Will anyone else in this thread stating that we should have outsiders help, coming to join us? How many of you guys were down in Louisiana with me (both times) the hurricanes flooded the area? How many went down to Savannah last year? How about Mississippi? Yeah, Katrina destroyed that place too, but since it wasn't a great story like New Orleans, piss on them, right?

I live in Mississippi. Lived in Louisiana during Katrina and lived thru it. And yes, most everytime something like this has happened- even when tornados had caused much damage we donate, we go and help most times we can- we personally will drive, loaded up with pretty much anything we can fit in our vehicles .
    I was 19 when I went 5hru Katrina and was blown away by all the help, from all over, every day, from regular people, national guard etc. The help from other countries. If they want to help, let them, the more help the better. They help, our country have time to do even more. I did what I could during Katrina despite living thru it, cleaning up and what not, donating money and time. I couldn't really donate much supplies as not many places were open even a month later. Even at walmart they would only let a few people in every 20 minutes

We plan on going to Houston and surtounding areas to help. Had planned on this weekend but may be mid week now

People's Champion

Status

Are you serious? You are trying to ask someone if they are going to join you to help but then say other countries shouldn't? Would you look down on someone who doesn't help? Also the US will accept help from other countries so why not any country? Why does it matter where the help comes from?
    Last edited by indyfan; 08-31-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Are you serious? You are trying to ask someone if they are going to join you to help but then say other countries shouldn't? Would you look down on someone who doesn't help? Also the US will accept help from other countries so why not any country? Why does it matter where the help comes from?
    Agreed. Not everyone here in the US can help either. We all have different situations in our lives. I would never look down on anyone who can not help. We do it because we can. When it's local we help even more.

But at the same time, I have a more than full time job, a wife and two baby girls. I can't just leave at a drop of the hat and go. I mean my boss is really cool with me taking off when I need . And she is cool with me going to Houston to help- I just have to work it around work.

Future Endeavoured

Status

Agreed. Not everyone here in the US can help either. We all have different situations in our lives. I would never look down on anyone who can not help. We do it because we can. When it's local we help even more.

But at the same time, I have a more than full time job, a wife and two baby girls. I can't just leave at a drop of the hat and go. I mean my boss is really cool with me taking off when I need . And she is cool with me going to Houston to help- I just have to work it around work.
    And my college is getting ready to get volunteers to send down to help, and they did the same with Katrina.

I'll be staying on campus and helping the kids from the low income housing myself, but I definitely support anyone willing to go down and help. And I was President I would definitely accept help from anyone willing to give it.

Be Prepared For Hell

Status

Regardless of your political inclinations, you should always help your fellow man any way you can especially in times of a natural disaster.

Evil and the lack of human emotion on even the most primal level is prevalent right now so, although this is a horrendous disaster, it's also an ample opportunity to restore some hope and light and show each other regardless of race, creed, religion or sexual orientation, we will and can help.

Things like this don't discriminate so it's time we didn't either.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    And my college is getting ready to get volunteers to send down to help, and they did the same with Katrina.

I'll be staying on campus and helping the kids from the low income housing myself, but I definitely support anyone willing to go down and help. And I was President I would definitely accept help from anyone willing to give it.
    Any little bit does help. Some of the first people down here for Katrina were church groups, college groups etc.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Regardless of your political inclinations, you should always help your fellow man any way you can especially in times of a natural disaster.

Evil and the lack of human emotion on even the most primal level is prevalent right now so, although this is a horrendous disaster, it's also an ample opportunity to restore some hope and light and show each other regardless of race, creed, religion or sexual orientation, we will and can help.

Things like this don't discriminate so it's time we didn't either.
    Very well stated.

Btw, awesome username

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I am curiously awaiting Trumps response to the latest DPRK H-Bomb test.
    I have a plan so cunning......

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I am curiously awaiting Trumps response to the latest DPRK H-Bomb test.
    Really? Expecting nothing more than the usual hot air and threats that will not help the situation in the slightest.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Really? Expecting nothing more than the usual hot air and threats that will not help the situation in the slightest.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I'm just wondering if it'll be more action than empty threats this time.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Be Prepared For Hell

Status

Its a very difficult situation for any politician whats happening in North Korea. On one hand the threat of nuclear war is something not any country, even Russia, wants and you need to make that clear to KJ.

However he seems like the type of person that doesnt like being told what to do so if you go in all guns blazing, he'd literally kick off.

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

this thread has gone eerily silent. is everyone confused by this sudden gust of wind called 'bipartisanship'?

God's Gift to God

Status

I feel like so much silly shit has happened that everyone is just desensitized at this point.

ily

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Yeah he hasn't been that bad. If anything, he's done good things lately.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

He's been really well behaved since the Arpaio pardon and the hurricanes have taken heat off of him for a bit. Have no fear, I'm sure hurricane Donald will return in time.

Tap Tap Tap

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Thread Information