Thread: NXT Discussion: November 2nd, 2016 - Corey Has A PREMONITION

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

WWE NXT NXT Discussion: November 2nd, 2016 - Corey Has A PREMONITION

The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic continues with another huge second round showdown, as WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins & Kota Ibushi battle Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton of SAnitY.

Perkins & Ibushi were a last-minute pairing, with The Fil-Am Flash stepping in to replace Hideo Itami after he suffered an injury. The two former Cruiserweight Classic rivals gelled immediately as a team and knocked the daredevil duo of Lince Dorado & Mustafa Ali out in the first round.

Standing across the ring from them will be Wolfe & Fulton, who made a disturbing impact in their NXT debut, along with their SAnitY cohorts Eric Young and Nikki Cross. The chaotic crew scared off Bobby Roode, leaving them to demolish Tye Dillinger and secure their spot in the second round of the Dusty Classic.

Will blinding speed and devastating strikes see Perkins & Ibushi through to the semifinals, or will chaos reign for SAnitY? Find out tonight*at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!
    The second round of the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic begins tonight on WWE Network with the charismatic pair of No Way Jose & Rich Swann taking on the devastating duo known as The Authors of Pain.

Jose & Swann love to have a good time, but showed that they can stop the fiesta on a dime and throw down in the first round, where they defeated Drew Gulak & Tony Nese in thrilling fashion. After the match, Swann had one question for their second round opponents: Can you handle this? Jose chimed in, stating “No way, Jose!” before getting the party started up again.

The Authors of Pain and their manager, WWE Hall of Famer Paul Ellering, are never in a mood for fun, though. In an interview last Wednesday, Ellering admitted that Jose & Swann have bright futures ahead of them in WWE, but said that they won’t be advancing their careers at the expense of Akam & Rezar.

Can Jose & Swann dance their way into the semifinals, or will Ellering’s Authors continue to unleash devastation in NXT?
    Last edited by Darling Nicky; 11-03-2016 at 07:07 AM.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

World Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: NXT Discussion: November 2nd, 2016

My Picks

Sanity & The Authors of Pain

Perkins & Ibushi Will remain in The CruiserWeight Division

Jose & Swann will go their separate ways
    Last edited by TCON; 11-02-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Idk about Ibushi. He hasn't signed. But I don't know if the likes of Gulak and Nese have as well so.

Ibushi's definitely not signing though as he intends to work in Japan still. Weird one.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Holy shit was Jose/Swann vs The Authors of Pain fun.

A little unfortunate to run two injury angles back to back, especially when one was able to get out due to a forfeit and the other one wasn't. But hey, at least we got a good Thorne/Strong match out of it.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: NXT Discussion: November 2nd, 2016 - Corey Has A PREMONITION

Didn't really understand what made the tag team injury things different so that we didn't get another singles match, so that was weird, but the rest of the show was pretty sweet.

The fun of the Swann/Jose entrance immediately contrasted by the ominous Authors of Pain - I didn't get goosebumps but it was a similar feeling. Loved the finish to Roddy/Shane. Just an awesome episode.

Small thing but I'm on the fence about Sanity's tag finisher. On the one hand, it looks pretty cool, and more or less believable that it puts someone down for the 3 count. On the other hand, it would make more sense for them to go for a spike DDT there... I'd love/hate to hear the kayfabe explanation for why they don't.

The Worldwide 96 has concluded and a World Champion has been crowned,
    but we're far from finished scratching our tournament itch. Introducing...

The above image will lead you to an index for Tournament Road.
    The links below cover everything leading to these tournaments.

BIG-ASS RECAP | TRIFECTA | SHOWCASE 1 | SHOWCASE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
    If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

HOSS MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Didn't really understand what made the tag team injury things different so that we didn't get another singles match, so that was weird, but the rest of the show was pretty sweet.

The fun of the Swann/Jose entrance immediately contrasted by the ominous Authors of Pain - I didn't get goosebumps but it was a similar feeling. Loved the finish to Roddy/Shane. Just an awesome episode.

Small thing but I'm on the fence about Sanity's tag finisher. On the one hand, it looks pretty cool, and more or less believable that it puts someone down for the 3 count. On the other hand, it would make more sense for them to go for a spike DDT there... I'd love/hate to hear the kayfabe explanation for why they don't.
    Haven't watched the show, but considering Sanity is not sane, maybe they just be crazy?

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    considering Sanity is not sane,
    Where'd you hear that? Their name is Sanity, not Insanity.

maybe they just be crazy?
    Basically what you'll be seeing is a tag finisher that turns into a flip-forward back bump after an added 90 degrees of rotation, when it could have easily been a head-spike, which, even in kayfabe, is more effective. I've known some crazy people to be really inefficient though so it's not a far-fetched excuse.
    Last edited by The Natural; 11-04-2016 at 03:14 PM.

If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

HOSS MOD

Status

You and I both know that pro wrestling loves to name its factions and stables ironically. Like how the "Legion" of Doom was only two guys (three at times), the Body"donnas" were mostly male, and "Evolution" was the farthest things in mind considering that we were in the middle of Triple H's reign of terror.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

You and I both know that pro wrestling loves to name its factions and stables ironically. Like how the "Legion" of Doom was only two guys (three at times), the Body"donnas" were mostly male, and "Evolution" was the farthest things in mind considering that we were in the middle of Triple H's reign of terror.
    In a world where there's a one man gang, you're telling me there shouldn't be a two-man legion? Or that a group with rookies, veterans, and legends doesn't indicate change over time? I apologize but I am not entirely convinced!

I always thought Bodydonna's was meant to be 'Body Donor' in a Bostonian-esque accent, the way dog = douag. But if you're just workin' me on that one, then I'm going to work you straight into a shoot, brother.

Spoiler:

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

Good episode, it's really refreshing when they do episodes away from Full Sail (at least half of it anyway) and with this having a theme from start to finish and no squash matches this was really enjoyable for it's entirety.

Damn shame that Aries got injured, after holding off Roddy's debut for so long, it's all gone a bit tits up. Fun match with Shane Thorne, makes a change to see him in a singles match. I haven't read the spoilers but my guess is it'll have to be a face/heel dynamic in the finals so either TM61 Vs Authors of Pain or Sanity Vs #DIY. TM61/AOP sounds like the better finals, but #DIY are the blandest tag team that got past the 1st round so I wouldn't be terribly excited by them winning. I guess #DIY win the whole thing to become #1 contenders and set up a match with Revival.

For rookies, The Authors of Pain have been involved in some really good tag matches vs American Alpha, TM61 and now Swann and No Way Jose. People love to bash NXT for not developing their own talent, but here's two more guys right here that are performance center products that are contributing to good shows. I think Rezar only started wrestling this year, I mean he's no Matt Riddle, but he's performing well in his role.
    Last edited by Ed; 11-04-2016 at 04:34 PM.

WHAT!?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    If I'm remembering correctly the difference was that Aries wasn't willing to forfeit, whereas as The Revival were; which is actually logical if you assume that Aries had an inkling that his stubborness could lead to a singles match between Strong and one member of TM61 (Strong is a veteran singles performer, neither man in TM61 is well-known outside of the tag division) and even more so for the Revival if their forfeit was taped after the Strong/Thorne match took place (The Revival are the TM61 of this particular equation)... why Aries might think that was a possibility I can't explain, but as the Greatest Man Alive maybe he's just that smart.

Spoiler:

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    UK

I love Rich Swann so much, so entertaining to watch!

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

oh man look at me late as usual ain't I cool

- Shane Thorne’s pretty damn cool. Plus pulled off Alberto Del Rio’s shitty turnbuckle kneedrop finisher better than Del Rio ever did, bonus points for that. If it comes down to it and TM61 do split – which I kinda hope they don’t – Thorne’s easily the star. Nick Miller’s… exactly like a guy you’d expect someone to be for a name like Nick Miller.

- So, let’s get some guesses. Who’s that ‘THE RETURN’ vignette for? I’m hoping for Elias Samson, but wouldn’t be too surprised if it’s Dan Matha, Attempt II.

- The nurse in me is squinting their eyes at Scott Dawson’s claims. I’ll chalk that up to heel overexxageration and clap with delight at Dawson. Interesting how they ran two injury/can’t compete angles back to back but with difference solutions – DIY gets a bye, and TM61 got a singles deal. I suppose the champions bowing out of the tournament instead of taking a pinfall loss in the second round like last year’s Vaudevillain’s run is a better choice.

- Jose & Swann work so well together, I’m going to be severely disappointed if they never meet again and go their separate ways, funking away into the sunset. I like how the Authors of Pain’s tag finisher is called the Last Chapter, thematically appropriate. And Paul Ellering actually getting his hands dirty the second it looks like Jose/Swann might stand more than a chance of beating AoP is something that really shouldn’t be glossed over.

- Sawyer Fulton pinned Kota Ibushi. I’m going to keep this piece of knowledge by my side forever because I don’t think anyone will ever believe it. Sawyer Fulton and Alexander Wolfe have a pinfall victory over Kota godamned Ibushi. 2016 is weird.

I’m pretty sure I’m falling in love with Sanity. These Mad Max/Fallout Raider anarchistic villains who try to eat the ring ropes while waiting for their tag partner to tag them in is such a cool vibe. Give them the belts please, so that they can rip them apart, sell the valuable gold bits to traveling storekeepers, then use the leather left to repair Sawyer's left jacket sleeve.

Thread Information