Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October/November 2016-'17 NBA Thread

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: October/November 2016-'17 NBA Thread

Don't remember the last time I watched Lakers play and actually enjoyed it without getting frustrated. Such a fun team to watch. Just need to get a legit big man and Brandon Ingram needs to live up to his potential. Also need to make sure we hold onto Clarkson and hope he doesn't get disatisfied coming off the bench.

Nance Jr., Clarkson, Black, Lou Will are all doing great off the bench. And Nick Young doesn't seem like an out and out idiot atm.

Helps that Warriors can't make fuck all so far in this one.

stressed but chillin

Status

Okay but is Zero ready to apologize to The Process? I know he had some harsh words about him a year or two ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

I love Kobe, but I'm so happy this man retired, the Lakers are genuinely fun to watch. We've got a bench mob, everybody hustles, we've got at least 4 future All-Star players. I know Zero's not a big Ingram fan but I think see quite a bit of potential there, dude just turned 19 so he has so much time to grow and Luke Walton's looking great as our coach. Haven't really looked forward to watching basketball games in quite a bit but I really am with Lakers (and to a degree Raptors). The one guy I just want to see replaced is Mozgov. He's useful for his length but he was such a terrible signing, overpaid for him and for four years, a mistake in a series of good, solid decisions. Lou Will is shining great here, Raptors shouldn't have let him go, dude's playing like a leader. Wish Deng wasn't so dull tho, he seems non-existent and while I can see Lou Will staying, I'd love to see us replace Deng eventually. Hope we hold on to Nance and Black who are exciting too.

OH and Devin Booker looks insane. Supremely confident dude, think he's going to be a huge star in no time, I'm just not sure if Phoenix maybe need to figure out their Bledsoe/Knight situation and look for another big man to play next to Alex Len. They've definitely got depth issues.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

So after Lakers break Curry's streak, he decides to go ahead and break Kobe's (and Donyell Marshall's) streak for most 3s in a single game with 13. Well played, Curry, well played.

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Welcome to the NBA season Sixers finally getting their first win tonight over the Pacers. Embid with 25 points and Saric impressive as well can't wait to see how this team looks when Ben Simmons get in there. Still I don't get why Embid so far every other day. I know they are trying to keep him from getting injured, but you can get injured while bowling "looks around to see if anyone gets that joke". Just let the kid play every game, it looks like your secretly tanked from before you were fully tanking to get all these first round picks.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

I just wanna say I don't hate Ingram but think he's young and needs a few years before he'll be a contributor and ultimately like Clarkson better of their young players.

But more importantly I hope everyone saw that Marc Gasol dagger 3 and the McGregor walk afterwards right in Blake Griffin's face because it was the greatest moment in human history.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

stressed but chillin

Status

But how great is THE PROCESS, Zero?

Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Marc Gasol's McGregor walk looked awful

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
    But how great is THE PROCESS, Zero?

He's bad af right now but want to see him stay healthy and mesh with Noel & Simmons when they're healthy.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

stressed but chillin

Status

So for some reason Kidd hates Greg Monroe. He DNP'd him the other night. Now he's only logged 2 minutes tonight, and it's only because the other two bigs got into early foul trouble. I assume he's getting dealt, it'll be interesting to see where he will land.

Spoiler:

Status

Kidd's such an awful head coach it's unreal.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Status
      Country                    Djibouti

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Kidd's such an awful head coach it's unreal.
    Yeah watching him continue to ignore Monroe and give a ton of minutes to Plumlee is fucking baffingly, especially because Monroe has looked good in limited action this year.

Tap Tap Tap

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Yeah watching him continue to ignore Monroe and give a ton of minutes to Plumlee is fucking baffingly, especially because Monroe has looked good in limited action this year.

Tap Tap Tap
    On the bright side my man Henson is getting minutes and that's a bright spot.

Think C is right and Monroe's probably gonna get dealt soon. Wish the Grizzlies would go after him honestly. He'll be a bargain the way Kidd is totally devaluing him.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Greg Monroe has always struck me as having All-Star potential so it's a shame to see him used as such. He's a double double guy so I don't know why you bench someone like that if you're angling for a playoff spot. You have a great core of guys but you're fucking it up Bucks.

Status

By great young core you mean Giannis, Jabari, and who? Middleton who's not playing this year? Maker who's not ready at all. Snell? Lmao.

This team just doesn't have enough at the ready to be all that competitive in the first place.

Status
      Country                    Djibouti

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    By great young core you mean Giannis, Jabari, and who? Middleton who's not playing this year? Maker who's not ready at all. Snell? Lmao.

This team just doesn't have enough at the ready to be all that competitive in the first place.
    Snell has actually played really well for us. What's with this post anyway? Is a core defined as three or more players or something? Is there a reason that Giannis and Bari aren't enough to earn that distinction?

Delly and Monroe are only 26 also so probably several good years on those guys.

Tap Tap Tap

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Status

Lucas loves J-Kidd and will say anything to defend him. I'm pretty sure he was coach of the year that year they made the playoffs and he held them back with his revolving door of minutes distribution.

Monroe to me should be apart of the core, but dude gets underrated all the time just like in Detroit. I'm not sure why, he's a really good big, always plays hard. He's like a mini-Millsap.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

tbf the real problem with Monroe is he isn't a great protector or point preventer for the trap defense that Milwaukee runs. I agree Kidd is a terrible coach, but until they get a new coach Monroe's abysmal defense won't be shaded.

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Snell has actually played really well for us. What's with this post anyway? Is a core defined as three or more players or something? Is there a reason that Giannis and Bari aren't enough to earn that distinction?

Delly and Monroe are only 26 also so probably several good years on those guys.

Tap Tap Tap
    Fuck rat face Delly. He's trash.

Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Antetokounmpo, Parker and Monroe are good enough players to make low seed playoffs. Healthy Middleton could have pushed. But Parker is fulfilling his potential as a future all star for sure and anteotokounmpo is already all star quality. You can coach defense, why not train Monroe to improve in that area? (they may have and he failed though) if they good surrounding pieces and bench, and a quality pg, I think its a team that could grow as the raptors have into becoming a dangerous forve without the superstar power of teams like the Cavs and the Warriors.

Thread Information