Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017)

Status

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017)

So I have a real significant issue with an element of realism in the game. Its troubling me so bad.

Mah horse. The amount it shits - in terms of both frequency and volume - in no way correlates to the frequency or volume of feeding. And that's even when spending multiple days out in the wilds, with no camp visits to increase the horse is eating. its a shitty topic, but I feel that Rockstar desperately needs to fix this.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Moved onto chapter 3 this evening. Seems like it's going to be something different so that adds to the game. Next time I play I think i'll just do some exploring to see some of the other animals in the game and do some fishing. May even do some of those side challenges just for something different.

For the hunting side of things i've cleared the deer aspect...now got rabbits. Need to get 3 rabbits in very good condition...guess that's running over them with my horse out of the question then
    I have a plan so cunning......

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Moved onto chapter 3 this evening. Seems like it's going to be something different so that adds to the game. Next time I play I think i'll just do some exploring to see some of the other animals in the game and do some fishing. May even do some of those side challenges just for something different.

For the hunting side of things i've cleared the deer aspect...now got rabbits. Need to get 3 rabbits in very good condition...guess that's running over them with my horse out of the question then
    Get a varmint gun. That should give you good pelts just like a sniper rifle does well with keeping the larger animals clean for good pelts as well. Cant say it works all the time but it is a start.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

God's Gift to God

Status

Tried to kill the legendary bear

It ate me

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Tried to kill the legendary bear

It ate me
    I came across a guy in the woods who was supposedly hunting bears. He was being an asshole to me, so I stabbed him in the neck.

As I was looting his corpse, I heard a loud growl. And I found out exactly what he was hunting.

I turned around, and there's this big giant bear jumping on top of me. It took away practically all my health as I struggled to get away, stabbing it several times.

I finally broke free, and unloaded 6 shots of my primary revolver into its head. It was still alive. At that point I took off and ran as fast as I could. Already with no health left, I was pretty slow.

I managed to get just enough distance to drink a snake oil bottle, turn around, and unload my other revolver's 6 shots into his head. He finally went down.

It was such an intense moment that came out of nowhere. I've never had a video game get my adrenaline pumping like that before. It was an exhilarating yet frightening experience all at once.

Cult of Fuji

Status

So I ran into a Klan meeting during the night and the guy they was initiating caught on fire along with a few others and the leader scorned me for just standing there so I beat him down.

I just ran into them putting up a cross and it fell on two of them and killed them and the leader made a smart ass comment to me so I beat him again.

TEAM CYRUS

Status

Oooo Klan run-ins.

Basically spent my playing time last night wandering through the wild. No rhyme or reason. Ended up doing a mission because it was nearby. I am having shit luck getting any rabbits that aren't just stomped death by Stompy the Horse. So gonna have to try to get that varmint rifle. I know there is a trapper you can run into it and I was hoping he might give you other methods to murderizing poor innocent creatures. But I've only seen his icon pop up once on the map and it was when I couldn't go to him. Jerk-ass trapper.

I wanna harvest a few pelts / skins so I can craft better satchels.

Cult of Fuji

Status

There is another trapper in the town des whatever it's to the east of Rhodes.

I have only seen 2 trappers one on the hill above a train station and that one.

TEAM CYRUS

Ole!

Status

So, guess who got rid of this today.

Just didn't have the time to play it as can't just pick it up and play so got rid of it for a tidy amount and now going to concentrate on Forza instead.

Status

Poor decision, Mikk. You can get rid of the game, but your heart will forever long for Grand Theft Horse.

Ole!

Status

It won't, felt i'd given it enough of a go but just couldn't get into it

God's Gift to God

Status

I always have a love hate relationship with Rockstar games. The story and characters and worldbuilding are always amazing. But I feel like the gameplay is always underwhelming. In RDR2 I feel like the character movement is way too sluggish. I guess it adds "weight" to the character but I hate it.

Anyway..i was sneaking up on the black widow bounty. Had my lasso out because I didn't know what was gonna happen. I was on the overhang above her. I went to move to the left to go down the trail but Arthur spun and ended up sliding down the overhang. Landed on my head like 40 feet in front of her. She screamed bounty hunter!! And her man shot me while I lay in the dirt, broken and ashamed.

Second time I walked right in and tossed my lasso around her and the guy shot me in the head

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I always have a love hate relationship with Rockstar games. The story and characters and worldbuilding are always amazing. But I feel like the gameplay is always underwhelming. In RDR2 I feel like the character movement is way too sluggish. I guess it adds "weight" to the character but I hate it.

Anyway..i was sneaking up on the black widow bounty. Had my lasso out because I didn't know what was gonna happen. I was on the overhang above her. I went to move to the left to go down the trail but Arthur spun and ended up sliding down the overhang. Landed on my head like 40 feet in front of her. She screamed bounty hunter!! And her man shot me while I lay in the dirt, broken and ashamed.

Second time I walked right in and tossed my lasso around her and the guy shot me in the head
    Its actually getting flack for that.

I wasn't that impressed with the first one and don't have much desire to try this one.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Cult of Fuji

Status

So Injust robbed the bank in Valentine and ended up with like 1500 extra dollars. More guns for me.

TEAM CYRUS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    There is another trapper in the town des whatever it's to the east of Rhodes.

I have only seen 2 trappers one on the hill above a train station and that one.
    I will have to keep trying to track him down.

As for the controls, its definitely my least favorite part of the game. Just a whole. Including the camp slowness that Ed bitched about, and especially the way that your horse veers towards things if you Left Trigger. Annoying as fuck.

I lost it last night. Was just fucking around in the wilds, opening up a bit more of the map and hunting. Got a varmint rifle which definitely makes murderizing little critters easier. Ended up beside the awesome waterfall in the northeast of the map and saw a bunch of elk. Got pretty close to a big buck and put an error in his head. Chased him down, put another one in him. Didn't get to see how good of quality the skin it had because as I was about to skin it, a cougar ripped my neck out from behind. Didn't even get a chance to shake him off. Just boom, you dead.

FUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkk

After my resurrection, I went back and my beautiful elk corpse was gone. I found another nearby but didn't have the same patience so the skin was poor. I just wanna more space to carry shit around, dammit.

Cult of Fuji

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I will have to keep trying to track him down.

As for the controls, its definitely my least favorite part of the game. Just a whole. Including the camp slowness that Ed bitched about, and especially the way that your horse veers towards things if you Left Trigger. Annoying as fuck.

I lost it last night. Was just fucking around in the wilds, opening up a bit more of the map and hunting. Got a varmint rifle which definitely makes murderizing little critters easier. Ended up beside the awesome waterfall in the northeast of the map and saw a bunch of elk. Got pretty close to a big buck and put an error in his head. Chased him down, put another one in him. Didn't get to see how good of quality the skin it had because as I was about to skin it, a cougar ripped my neck out from behind. Didn't even get a chance to shake him off. Just boom, you dead.

FUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkk

After my resurrection, I went back and my beautiful elk corpse was gone. I found another nearby but didn't have the same patience so the skin was poor. I just wanna more space to carry shit around, dammit.
    Have you encountered the white cougar. That bitch lives in a cave. It's on a mission for Strauss to collect debts. That thing killed me 3 times before I said fuck it and shot it with my regular rifle 3 times.

TEAM CYRUS

Status

My favorite thing to to with klansmen is hogtieing them and dragging them to their death. Feeding them to alligators works too

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    Have you encountered the white cougar. That bitch lives in a cave. It's on a mission for Strauss to collect debts. That thing killed me 3 times before I said fuck it and shot it with my regular rifle 3 times.

No white cougar encounter yet. I am now greatly "anticipating" that shit.

God's Gift to God

Status

I forgot to complain about the camp slowdown. What a dumb design decision. Dicks better patch it

Status

I meant mention in my post this morning that I'm pretty sure a lot of the control aspects that people are bitching about (me included) seem intentional rather than "poor design". Which might make it even more frustrating. They had to know it would be annoying for gamers. Crisp controls might not as accurately represent human and horse movement.... but its a goddamned video game.

Thread Information