Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2 (Definitely not 2017)

God's Gift to God

Status

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (Definitely not 2017)

Dutch is a baby back bitch

"I JUST NEED MOOAAR TIME"

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Dutch is a baby back bitch

"I JUST NEED MOOAAR TIME"
    Have some damn faith, Cox. He just needs a little more money.

God's Gift to God

Status

Got dayum dutch

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Dutch couldn't point to Tahiti on a map. Fucking imbecile. I don't have the heart to play the Epilogue but knowing certain people are still out there and some loops not being closed... yeah, I have to.

Also, Cox, that isn't me... but I prefer the term strawberry blonde.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

I finished the epilogue. Might revisit at some point and do some random shit but at nearly 100 hours I think my time here is done

That's a good boy

SIX F'N STARS

Status

So apparently they released the update that made the already-bad Online mode even worse. God damnit Rockstar.

I really want a competitor to come along and oust them from their throne.

We need a proper open world game from a company that sees open world as a theater for us to write and direct and act upon, rather than a 'stage/lobby' for various game modes.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Status

I don't have concerns about online mode at the moment. It's still in beta, and I know R* is constantly working on fixing things. I was worried when people started crying about the griefing that they'd add a bounty system, and it's terrible. One of the things I loved at first was that there was no silly bounty system for online. At the very worst they should limit it to just player on player crimes, instead of punishing me for killing NPCs. I legit got a bounty for getting on my own horse...someone NPC said it was horse theft.

received_266893937561149.jpg

I've been playing as "Achilles", a Native American enforcer who's on his own after his gang fell apart. I'm actually writing a whole background story for him and some of my other characters in the non wrestling BTB section.

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I havent been online for awhile and stopped because in the first I like the the little rescue missions and stuff and there isnt much of that in this one. I dont mind hunting and fishing but I have yet to get a fishing pole to go fishing with online. Beside you cant stand still for to long or you get hog tied or someone snipes you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    I havent been online for awhile and stopped because in the first I like the the little rescue missions and stuff and there isnt much of that in this one. I dont mind hunting and fishing but I have yet to get a fishing pole to go fishing with online. Beside you cant stand still for to long or you get hog tied or someone snipes you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    The Last update helps that as you now won't show up on the map unless you're in the same proximity as the person. So fishing/hunting can be more peaceful.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    The Last update helps that as you now won't show up on the map unless you're in the same proximity as the person. So fishing/hunting can be more peaceful.
    Also griefing is easier than ever because you can cause a bunch of shit and then get away and never be found again.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

God's Gift to God

Status

Debating whether I should just jump back in as John and fuck around post game or start a new game and play it over again. Idk that I would even really play all that different a second time I just want to experience it again

What a great fucking game

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Debating whether I should just jump back in as John and fuck around post game or start a new game and play it over again. Idk that I would even really play all that different a second time I just want to experience it again

What a great fucking game
    Yeah it's awesome.

I'm having the same thoughts. I played full fucking heel with Arthur the whole way through - robbed, beat, killed for financial gain. Fucked Mary off as early as I could. Played with near minimum honor the whole way through.

But it sounds like the game could be fun playing as a good guy as well.

Anyone else play heel on their first go?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Also griefing is easier than ever because you can cause a bunch of shit and then get away and never be found again.
    True, but in my experience I've been grieved less than I was before the update. In fact I thought that when someone kills you, then immediately show up as a red dot that is visible for a longer period of time. I haven't had any issue tracking down someone who wronged me after the update, as long as I chase them down right after I spawn.

On the counter to that, I had a guy in Blackwater who ran carelessly full speed into my horse and critically injured him. Forced me to use a horse revive on him. Needless to say, I headshot the guy with my shitty carbine rifle right away. Mess with me that's wrong thing, but mess with my horse...that's too far. He of course wasn't happy. I high tailed it out of Blackwater as fast as I could towards Strawberry. I got to the passing that separates the old map from the new before he caught up. I jumped off my horse and hid behind the rocks, as he tried to get to me from above the hill and couldn't. He tried to get my horse to flee, but this guy killed him as he was fleeing (the heartless monster). I injured his horse too, to keep him from chasing me, and I was able to kill him once more as he got closer, and then once again high tailed it out of there. Running full speed through the shallow water as I dodged his long distance repeater shots. Once I made it across the water I seemed to be in the clear, but man was it an intense moment.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Yeah it's awesome.

I'm having the same thoughts. I played full fucking heel with Arthur the whole way through - robbed, beat, killed for financial gain. Fucked Mary off as early as I could. Played with near minimum honor the whole way through.

But it sounds like the game could be fun playing as a good guy as well.

Anyone else play heel on their first go?
    I roleplayed as the reluctant cowboy where Arthur was a good dude at heart, but was in with a bad group that took care of him so he did what he had to do for the gang. I was high honor for pretty much the entire playthrough and finished with high honor and goddamn did the narrative end so fucking well for how I played it. I'm sure that's considered the "true" ending but holy fuck was it amazing.

I can't bring myself to do a full heel run since I know that Micah gets the last laugh. I can't do that to Arthur.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I roleplayed as the reluctant cowboy where Arthur was a good dude at heart, but was in with a bad group that took care of him so he did what he had to do for the gang. I was high honor for pretty much the entire playthrough and finished with high honor and goddamn did the narrative end so fucking well for how I played it. I'm sure that's considered the "true" ending but holy fuck was it amazing.

I can't bring myself to do a full heel run since I know that Micah gets the last laugh. I can't do that to Arthur.
    It is literally the most raged I've ever been at a game. I knew he wouldn't have a nice ending but fuck me it's cold. Heel or not, you sink sooooo much time into this game and you're fully invested in Arthur and then it just... Man I can't even describe what it felt like. Powerful game.

Having a ton of fun now that I've realised John has Arthur's journal.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    It is literally the most raged I've ever been at a game. I knew he wouldn't have a nice ending but fuck me it's cold. Heel or not, you sink sooooo much time into this game and you're fully invested in Arthur and then it just... Man I can't even describe what it felt like. Powerful game.

Having a ton of fun now that I've realised John has Arthur's journal.
    Yeah I watched the other endings after beating the game and that has absolutely caused me to never do a low honor playthrough

CALL ME COWPOKE ONE MORE TIME YOU BLONDE BITCH

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    UK

Yeah I watched the other endings after beating the game and that has absolutely caused me to never do a low honor playthrough

CALL ME COWPOKE ONE MORE TIME YOU BLONDE BITCH
    Funnily enough, my second playthrough I never went past Chapter Two and roleplayed that Arthur took too long and Micah swung in Strawberry

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Amazing game, loved every moment of playing this. Completed it a few weeks back and sadly I've not touched it since. Need to revisit it and do some of the side stuff like the hunting and the fishing which is always fun.

What's the online like? I've heard mostly negative views so I've avoided it really.

Spoiler:

Really, really, really hoping and praying we get some story DLC. I'd love to play as Sadie and see what becomes of everyone's favourite bounty hunter!

"LET ME IN.."

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Online has gotten better but it's still pretty barebones tbh. I want to Platinum the game so I had to grind online for what was probably easily 100 hours to get to rank 50. 4 trophies to go and that 0.1% Platinum is mine though.

I wouldn't hold your breath on story DLC, unfortunately but they could easily delve into other characters, especially Micah, Sadie or even Dutch.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Online has gotten better but it's still pretty barebones tbh. I want to Platinum the game so I had to grind online for what was probably easily 100 hours to get to rank 50. 4 trophies to go and that 0.1% Platinum is mine though.

I wouldn't hold your breath on story DLC, unfortunately but they could easily delve into other characters, especially Micah, Sadie or even Dutch.
    Fair play, good on you! I've never been one to continue playing to get all the achievements.

I think I'll probs just avoid the online mode then unless we get an undead nightmare 2.

Oh believe me, I'm not holding my breath. I made that mistake with GTA I really, really hope we do though! So many options.

"LET ME IN.."

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information