Finlay and Ricochet
    Gedo and Will Ospreay

Taiji Ishimori and ACH
    The Young Bucks

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Re: NJPW Power Struggle - November 5th 2016

The top three matches are extremely predictable and the main doesn't appeal to me at all. I wanna see Sanada/Tanahashi & Shibata/EVIL though. The Jr. Tag League Final could potentially be awesome, the Luchadores vs Ishimori/ACH could easily be one of the best NJPW matches in the year. RPG Vice in the final wouldn't be quite as great.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Rest of the card has been announced:

TenKoji and the JUICE vs Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi and Teruaki Kanemitsu - Pre Show

Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, David Finlay and Ricochet vs Ryusuke Taguchi, Fuego, Angel de Oro and Titan

GBH and Yoshitatsu vs Bullet Club (Yujiro, Owens and BONE SOLDIER)

CHAOS (Okada, Goto, Ospreay and Gedo) vs Bullet Club (Omega, Cole and the Young Bucks)

and of course, the final of the Super Jr Tag Tournament: ACH and Taiji Ishimori vs RPG Vice

Kind of hyped... hoping ACH and Taiji win. Would be great.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Don't sleep on this show, totally overdelivered. I would say there's six very good to great matches on this show once you get past the undercard tags and I found myself really enjoying from acts I've hated this year. GOD were unrecognisable, the best tag team titles match in years, Ishii and Yoshi-Hashi make for a great team, it'll be a shame when Goto elbows his way into the team. Good for EVIL getting the NEVER title too, frees Shibata up for NOAH stuff for the Dome and a move up the card in 2017. I would just about make SANADA/Tanahashi MOTN, but there's a lot of competition.

TIMEBOMB was Kamaitachi and seemed to set up a match at the Dome with new Jr Champion Kushida. Why the fuck they took the belt off him for Bushi is beyond me, Kushida is now a 4 time Jr champion because of Gedo's shitty booking

Naito/Lethal couldn't keep up to the high standards set before them, pretty dull main event. Hope they never book Lethal again, he sucks in Japan (inb4 someone quotes this without the 'in japan' bit to be cute). If the main event had delivered this would be a show of the year contender.

I wanted ACH/Ishimori to win the Jr tag tournament, but I'm just glad we're getting 2 on 2 for the Dome...I think. Can't work out what reDragon's match will be.

Locks for the Dome:

Okada Vs Omega
    Naito Vs Tanahashi
    Kushida Vs Kamaitachi/Hiromu Takahashi
    Young Bucks Vs RPG Vice

What I think might be added for the Dome:
    GOD Vs Goto and Ishii (or Ishii and YH)
    Kojima, Ricochet and Finlay Vs Chaos (Gotta be Ospreay to go against Ricochet and two others, Gedo and YH?)
    Evil Vs Elgin
    Shibata Vs NOAH
    Rambo

Status

I thought the show was very good indeed and pretty much agree with all of your thoughts. I'm genuinely not sure why BUSHI got the belt if he was just dropping it instantly back to KUSHIDA. Maybe they wanted to give KUSHIDA a break and run that stupid injury angle or something? Then again, I guess they needed a Jr title match for this show and for Destruction and BUSHI couldn't be the challenger twice in a row.

Shibata vs Shiozaki or Nakajima should be the match at the Dome imo. Marufuji would be ok too since it'd be a 15-20 minute match and both could go pretty full throttle.

We might see Gedo and Jado vs ACH and Ishimori, possibly? IDK. ACH and Ishimori are due a title shot though for beating the Bucks.

Also, saw that Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn are team mates for the Tag League

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China
    Ángel de Oro & Titán probably among the best wrestlers on the card wasting away in a 5 minute 8 man tag while bland as hell RPG Vice are getting Tokyo Dome spots, nice.

Bone Soldier vs Yoshitatsu feud really heating up.

You can make a legitimate case YOSHI-HASHI is the MVP for NJPW this year especially after his performance in that tag match. And it wasn't a carry job either, all 4 men delivered but YH was the one who was the electricity in this. I highly enjoyed everything about the match and the Tama Tonga counter to Karma was among the best part of the year.

Jr tag final was trending towards being great, then the finish was very flat. I also believe 100% that the NOAH sale had everything to do with this sudden change. Don't care about that tag title match at all and this division desperately needed ACH & Ishimori and them leaving is a heavy blow already.

I liked the Jr title match, didn't love it. To add on to what Ed I strongly believe Hiromu should win which makes BUSHI winning the belt double stupid because it isn't prestigious at all right now and dethroning KUSHIDA means 2% of what it could have been. And speaking of him, Hiromu just totally outshines everyone. So much more presence than KUSHIDA when he walks out it's unreal.

The Atomicos match was okay. I liked Goto getting sprayed and hitting the Ushigoroshi. The Bullet Club is terrible and Omega/Okada is an ice cold main event.

EVIL/Shibata - Great match until the unnecessary finish. Surprising result and unlike the rest of the card at least has a lot of open ended options and fresh matchups.

Tanahashi/SANADA was pretty epic, and just goes to show what a worker Tanahashi is especially with SANADA as well as SANADA stepping up again. Good to see him get some desperately needed momentum to close out the year as he's been mostly squandered since G1.

I thought we saw one of the worst and hands down most boring main events in ages. Now I'll be the first to tell you I don't see anything in Lethal, but this was not just a Jay Lethal problem. Naito was asleep for probably 3/4ths of this match. The crowd was bored, I was bored, this sucked.

Highly recommend the tag titles & SANADA/Tanahashi, would recommend the Jr tag & the Jr titles + the opener were both solid as well. Swell show for sure. The main event was awful though.

Sweet Meat

Status

Aw be nice to Trent.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

RPG Vice eat McGriddles super early in the morning. They're the best. Beretta and Romero ain't nothin' to mess with.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information