Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Scumbag Role Model
    Darling Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    41,851
    Rep Power
    266039
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

    2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Figured I'd start this since

    1) Hockey's back

    2) Auston Matthews just killed it
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  2. #2
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,766
    Rep Power
    27136

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Watching the Leafs-Sens game. I am not impress.

  3. #3
    World Champion
    TCON's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14,766
    Rep Power
    15795
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Watching the Leafs-Sens game. I am not impress.
    With Auston Mathews ?

  4. #4
    Simply Ravishing
    CocksDynamite's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    73378
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Still cannot believe that happened


    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    Please support me on Father's Day as I run for prostate cancer research!

  5. #5
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,766
    Rep Power
    27136

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    With Auston Mathews ?
    for all the hype, Matthews was pretty average. 4 goals? Pfft.






























  6. #6
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,609
    Rep Power
    59001

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Sick logo:


    Hilarious name: Las Vegas Golden Knights

  7. #7
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,766
    Rep Power
    27136

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Golden Knights? Distinctly meh name.

  8. #8
    The Idiot FKA: CK
    Whipping Post's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shermer, IL
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Power
    23850
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    The Golden Knights sounds very Minor League to me, but it'll be shortened in a couple of years to just Las Vegas Knights....which has that multiple meaning that people like. I agree on the logo, it's great. Not as cool as the Minnesota Wild logo, which I think is the best in the league, but still very cool. There are a few teams that need some updating.

  9. #9
    Necro's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, Mass
    Posts
    36,058
    Rep Power
    32490
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    What are everyone's thoughts being at half way (a little more) through the season.

    I'm a Pens fan so I'm pretty happy about the current situation. The only thing we need to do is trade Fleury at some point. We could also really use another defenseman. If the team stays healthy they should have a solid shot in the playoffs. Besides last year though they've had serious issues in the playoffs so you never know, that's what makes the NHL so fun.

    I'm a Boston native, and wasn't into hockey until around 10 years ago. My roommate was always a Pens fan so I adopted that team. I follow Bruins hockey too though, and they are in a real weird situation right now. I think they need to do a full rebuild, and build around some of their young talent. They given some really shitty defenseman contracts out that I'm shocked by, but the signing of David Backes was an awesome pick up.

    With what seems to be a lack of discussion about NHL I'd like to see if anyone follows it closely at all, and what your team is.

    And here's a ref telling a player to fuck off.

    https://streamable.com/4qcoy

  10. #10
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,766
    Rep Power
    27136

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Flyers awesome winning run didn't push them up the standings much and they have been mediocre at best since. Probably once again gonna just barely make the playoffs and out in the first round. Ah well, could be worse.

  11. #11
    Necro's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, Mass
    Posts
    36,058
    Rep Power
    32490
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Flyers awesome winning run didn't push them up the standings much and they have been mediocre at best since. Probably once again gonna just barely make the playoffs and out in the first round. Ah well, could be worse.
    Man if they make the playoffs, they always give the Penguins fits in the playoffs.

  12. #12
    The Idiot FKA: CK
    Whipping Post's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shermer, IL
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Power
    23850
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Boston has stuck with Julien a little too long. They need to build around Pastrnak, but Rask isn't getting any younger. They need to trade Krecji and Chara, but won't. The main problem with them is they won't pull the rebuild trigger. David Pastrnak is only 20, but Rask, who keeps them in more games than they should be in is nearly 30. They're good enough to make the playoffs, but not go anywhere once their there. They should've taken the past two years as a cue and blown it up, but that is almost not allowed in Boston...rebuilding just doesn't happen in most sports. Marchand is having a great season...Bergeron is a little off, but is so valuable as a two way player, he's untouchable. If Torey Krug were 6'2 instead of 5'8...he'd be a superstar, instead he's looked at as an overachiever. Carlo will be a star on the blue line and will be the replacement for Chara, but is just 20 and learning...which is why he's with Chara. They try to re-tool and contend at the same time and it just doesn't work in hockey, but it's also one of those sports where unless you have a top 5 pick...it takes a couple years for players to develop.

  13. #13
    Necro's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, Mass
    Posts
    36,058
    Rep Power
    32490
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    Boston has stuck with Julien a little too long. They need to build around Pastrnak, but Rask isn't getting any younger. They need to trade Krecji and Chara, but won't. The main problem with them is they won't pull the rebuild trigger. David Pastrnak is only 20, but Rask, who keeps them in more games than they should be in is nearly 30. They're good enough to make the playoffs, but not go anywhere once their there. They should've taken the past two years as a cue and blown it up, but that is almost not allowed in Boston...rebuilding just doesn't happen in most sports. Marchand is having a great season...Bergeron is a little off, but is so valuable as a two way player, he's untouchable. If Torey Krug were 6'2 instead of 5'8...he'd be a superstar, instead he's looked at as an overachiever. Carlo will be a star on the blue line and will be the replacement for Chara, but is just 20 and learning...which is why he's with Chara. They try to re-tool and contend at the same time and it just doesn't work in hockey, but it's also one of those sports where unless you have a top 5 pick...it takes a couple years for players to develop.
    Yeah unless they eat most of that Chara contract, I don't see a team taking him. I want to see a coach go in there, and just let them fly out there. That Rask contract is pretty insane, too. He'd be hard to move. They do have a good amount of young talent, and could be pretty solid in a couple of years. I guess it will just be a waiting game. Those Miller, and McQuaid contracts didn't exactly help the process.

  14. #14
    The Idiot FKA: CK
    Whipping Post's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shermer, IL
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Power
    23850
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Yeah unless they eat most of that Chara contract, I don't see a team taking him. I want to see a coach go in there, and just let them fly out there. That Rask contract is pretty insane, too. He'd be hard to move. They do have a good amount of young talent, and could be pretty solid in a couple of years. I guess it will just be a waiting game. Those Miller, and McQuaid contracts didn't exactly help the process.
    They McQuaid, because Chara doesn't fight anymore and they need a policeman. He's a good solid defender. Rask isn't going anywhere, he's the highest paid goalie in the league with Rinne, but if someone really wanted him, they'd get him, he's a top 5 netman. Chara's deal is expiring after next year and the cap hit goes down to just 4 million...he'd be a great 2nd pair defender on a contender. He's not what he used to be, but if he doesn't have to be...he'd work out.

  15. #15
    Necro's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, Mass
    Posts
    36,058
    Rep Power
    32490
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    They McQuaid, because Chara doesn't fight anymore and they need a policeman. He's a good solid defender. Rask isn't going anywhere, he's the highest paid goalie in the league with Rinne, but if someone really wanted him, they'd get him, he's a top 5 netman. Chara's deal is expiring after next year and the cap hit goes down to just 4 million...he'd be a great 2nd pair defender on a contender. He's not what he used to be, but if he doesn't have to be...he'd work out.
    When i heard Carlo's name in trade talk, it legit made me sick. No way that kid should go anywhere.

  16. #16
    The Idiot FKA: CK
    Whipping Post's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shermer, IL
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Power
    23850
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    When i heard Carlo's name in trade talk, it legit made me sick. No way that kid should go anywhere.
    I haven't seen as many games as I'd like to...I'm now out in Blackhawk country, but I watch when I can. Carlo shouldn't be touched and they have all those kids still down in Juniors/College. I think they need to figure out what they're going to do with either McIntyre or Subban, because they both can't be starters in Providence (AHL) and they're both better than just AHL goalies...one needs to be traded, IMO, but I don't know. The problem in a lot of ways is Neely and Sweeney are joined at the hip...best friends...one's the President of the team and the other is the GM...so, when it works...it's awesome, but when it doesn't...it's nasty. The one thing they do have are great scouts...they have done really well the past couple of years, but are never in a position to get into the top 5-7 picks. A lot of people don't want to play in Boston...the media attention is worse than NYC in most sports...hockey being one of them.

  17. #17
    Necro's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, Mass
    Posts
    36,058
    Rep Power
    32490
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Any thoughts on Pronger pounding the Biebs? Haha so funny. Sucks when I watched the actual video he didn't really hit him hard, just had him against the boards.



    All-star was really bad this year, seemed so much more exciting last year.

    I didn't see the skills competition yet, but I heard it was pretty fun.

  18. #18
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,766
    Rep Power
    27136

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    The sheer joy on Pronger's face is what makes it. If he just looked stern or something, not as fun.

    Didn't watch much of the game or the festivities. Hard to top what happened last year anyway.

  19. #19
    The Idiot FKA: CK
    Whipping Post's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shermer, IL
    Posts
    1,895
    Rep Power
    23850
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Claude Julien gets fired one week ago by a team struggling to make the playoffs. One week later, hired by the team in 1st place of the division. D'oh...

  20. #20
    Necro's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Boston, Mass
    Posts
    36,058
    Rep Power
    32490
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Whipping Post View Post
    Claude Julien gets fired one week ago by a team struggling to make the playoffs. One week later, hired by the team in 1st place of the division. D'oh...
    Broadcasters, and people in Boston are blasting this move. Saying it's pathetic, and that Claude is the exact same coach as Michel. Kind of weird how this exact same firing/hiring situation happened a decade ago.

    I can honestly see Claude doing great back in Montreal.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •