Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

Figured I'd start this since

1) Hockey's back

2) Auston Matthews just killed it
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Re: 2016-2017 NHL Season Discussion Thread

Watching the Leafs-Sens game. I am not impress.

World Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Watching the Leafs-Sens game. I am not impress.
    With Auston Mathews ?

Simply Ravishing

Status
      Country                    Canada

Still cannot believe that happened

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    Please support me on Father's Day as I run for prostate cancer research!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    With Auston Mathews ?
    for all the hype, Matthews was pretty average. 4 goals? Pfft.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Sick logo:

Hilarious name: Las Vegas Golden Knights

Status

Golden Knights? Distinctly meh name.

The Idiot FKA: CK

Status
      Country                    United States

The Golden Knights sounds very Minor League to me, but it'll be shortened in a couple of years to just Las Vegas Knights....which has that multiple meaning that people like. I agree on the logo, it's great. Not as cool as the Minnesota Wild logo, which I think is the best in the league, but still very cool. There are a few teams that need some updating.

Status

What are everyone's thoughts being at half way (a little more) through the season.

I'm a Pens fan so I'm pretty happy about the current situation. The only thing we need to do is trade Fleury at some point. We could also really use another defenseman. If the team stays healthy they should have a solid shot in the playoffs. Besides last year though they've had serious issues in the playoffs so you never know, that's what makes the NHL so fun.

I'm a Boston native, and wasn't into hockey until around 10 years ago. My roommate was always a Pens fan so I adopted that team. I follow Bruins hockey too though, and they are in a real weird situation right now. I think they need to do a full rebuild, and build around some of their young talent. They given some really shitty defenseman contracts out that I'm shocked by, but the signing of David Backes was an awesome pick up.

With what seems to be a lack of discussion about NHL I'd like to see if anyone follows it closely at all, and what your team is.

And here's a ref telling a player to fuck off.

https://streamable.com/4qcoy

Status

Flyers awesome winning run didn't push them up the standings much and they have been mediocre at best since. Probably once again gonna just barely make the playoffs and out in the first round. Ah well, could be worse.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Flyers awesome winning run didn't push them up the standings much and they have been mediocre at best since. Probably once again gonna just barely make the playoffs and out in the first round. Ah well, could be worse.
    Man if they make the playoffs, they always give the Penguins fits in the playoffs.

Status

Boston has stuck with Julien a little too long. They need to build around Pastrnak, but Rask isn't getting any younger. They need to trade Krecji and Chara, but won't. The main problem with them is they won't pull the rebuild trigger. David Pastrnak is only 20, but Rask, who keeps them in more games than they should be in is nearly 30. They're good enough to make the playoffs, but not go anywhere once their there. They should've taken the past two years as a cue and blown it up, but that is almost not allowed in Boston...rebuilding just doesn't happen in most sports. Marchand is having a great season...Bergeron is a little off, but is so valuable as a two way player, he's untouchable. If Torey Krug were 6'2 instead of 5'8...he'd be a superstar, instead he's looked at as an overachiever. Carlo will be a star on the blue line and will be the replacement for Chara, but is just 20 and learning...which is why he's with Chara. They try to re-tool and contend at the same time and it just doesn't work in hockey, but it's also one of those sports where unless you have a top 5 pick...it takes a couple years for players to develop.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    Boston has stuck with Julien a little too long. They need to build around Pastrnak, but Rask isn't getting any younger. They need to trade Krecji and Chara, but won't. The main problem with them is they won't pull the rebuild trigger. David Pastrnak is only 20, but Rask, who keeps them in more games than they should be in is nearly 30. They're good enough to make the playoffs, but not go anywhere once their there. They should've taken the past two years as a cue and blown it up, but that is almost not allowed in Boston...rebuilding just doesn't happen in most sports. Marchand is having a great season...Bergeron is a little off, but is so valuable as a two way player, he's untouchable. If Torey Krug were 6'2 instead of 5'8...he'd be a superstar, instead he's looked at as an overachiever. Carlo will be a star on the blue line and will be the replacement for Chara, but is just 20 and learning...which is why he's with Chara. They try to re-tool and contend at the same time and it just doesn't work in hockey, but it's also one of those sports where unless you have a top 5 pick...it takes a couple years for players to develop.
    Yeah unless they eat most of that Chara contract, I don't see a team taking him. I want to see a coach go in there, and just let them fly out there. That Rask contract is pretty insane, too. He'd be hard to move. They do have a good amount of young talent, and could be pretty solid in a couple of years. I guess it will just be a waiting game. Those Miller, and McQuaid contracts didn't exactly help the process.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Yeah unless they eat most of that Chara contract, I don't see a team taking him. I want to see a coach go in there, and just let them fly out there. That Rask contract is pretty insane, too. He'd be hard to move. They do have a good amount of young talent, and could be pretty solid in a couple of years. I guess it will just be a waiting game. Those Miller, and McQuaid contracts didn't exactly help the process.
    They McQuaid, because Chara doesn't fight anymore and they need a policeman. He's a good solid defender. Rask isn't going anywhere, he's the highest paid goalie in the league with Rinne, but if someone really wanted him, they'd get him, he's a top 5 netman. Chara's deal is expiring after next year and the cap hit goes down to just 4 million...he'd be a great 2nd pair defender on a contender. He's not what he used to be, but if he doesn't have to be...he'd work out.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    They McQuaid, because Chara doesn't fight anymore and they need a policeman. He's a good solid defender. Rask isn't going anywhere, he's the highest paid goalie in the league with Rinne, but if someone really wanted him, they'd get him, he's a top 5 netman. Chara's deal is expiring after next year and the cap hit goes down to just 4 million...he'd be a great 2nd pair defender on a contender. He's not what he used to be, but if he doesn't have to be...he'd work out.
    When i heard Carlo's name in trade talk, it legit made me sick. No way that kid should go anywhere.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    When i heard Carlo's name in trade talk, it legit made me sick. No way that kid should go anywhere.
    I haven't seen as many games as I'd like to...I'm now out in Blackhawk country, but I watch when I can. Carlo shouldn't be touched and they have all those kids still down in Juniors/College. I think they need to figure out what they're going to do with either McIntyre or Subban, because they both can't be starters in Providence (AHL) and they're both better than just AHL goalies...one needs to be traded, IMO, but I don't know. The problem in a lot of ways is Neely and Sweeney are joined at the hip...best friends...one's the President of the team and the other is the GM...so, when it works...it's awesome, but when it doesn't...it's nasty. The one thing they do have are great scouts...they have done really well the past couple of years, but are never in a position to get into the top 5-7 picks. A lot of people don't want to play in Boston...the media attention is worse than NYC in most sports...hockey being one of them.

Status

Any thoughts on Pronger pounding the Biebs? Haha so funny. Sucks when I watched the actual video he didn't really hit him hard, just had him against the boards.

All-star was really bad this year, seemed so much more exciting last year.

I didn't see the skills competition yet, but I heard it was pretty fun.

Status

The sheer joy on Pronger's face is what makes it. If he just looked stern or something, not as fun.

Didn't watch much of the game or the festivities. Hard to top what happened last year anyway.

Status

Claude Julien gets fired one week ago by a team struggling to make the playoffs. One week later, hired by the team in 1st place of the division. D'oh...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Whipping Post View Post
    Claude Julien gets fired one week ago by a team struggling to make the playoffs. One week later, hired by the team in 1st place of the division. D'oh...
    Broadcasters, and people in Boston are blasting this move. Saying it's pathetic, and that Claude is the exact same coach as Michel. Kind of weird how this exact same firing/hiring situation happened a decade ago.

I can honestly see Claude doing great back in Montreal.

Thread Information