Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Being The Booker

Underdog

Status

Re: Being The Booker

Surprised to see you back up Backlash so quickly with another show. Surprised in a good way though, looking forward to this. Video recap of last night focusing on Cena/Flair makes sense, because as a whole it was a huge occasion. I find it funny how something that is seemingly filler for Cena can still seem so important. I know I’ve already said it, but that Cena/Flair angle was superb.

Before I go further, JR having a hoarse voice is awesome, considering the amount of times he would have lost it at Backlash. Awesome little detail to include.

Opening with Cena was done pretty well. Every Cena promo you’ve written basically since Summerslam has been perfect, and that was no different here. The gloating was all done well, running down Flair, and it’s great that he continues to link everything to Christian, as they will eventually have their final encounter. Love the audacity of Cena to basically just stand there and say who’s next, claiming that he is just doing this because the people didn’t choose him. Awesome to know that he still really feels hard done by, and that’s why his now an asshole. Such good character work from your end. Shelton making the save was definitely a surprise, and whilst I don’t think he is ready for a title shot, potentially giving him a shot on an episode of Raw could give him a rub. Glad you kept Benji’s promo short because there’s not much skill there, and I’m intrigued to see who Cena chooses. Maybe one of the new draft picks??? The Paydirt at the end was a nice touch to give Benji some heat with Cena as well. Cena in the beginning was awesome and things continued to be solid when Shelton got involved. Good start.

I don’t like Garrison Cade getting the jobber commercial break entrance since he’s kind of a big deal in the mid card now, and he’s only a few weeks removed from a WWE Championship shot. Really glad Cade got the win here, showing big things are on the way for him. Not sure what you’ll do with Mysterio moving forward, but he’s always good for a solid match. You made the right decision here though.

Epic selling of the Heart Punch after the commercial break as well, awesome.

CM Punk continues to be brilliant, he is such a dick. Now taking back his confession and talking about earning title shots, such good stuff. Not sure what you’ll do moving forward with Hardy, the whole earning a title shot makes me feel like he’ll make Hardy chase for awhile... But with Christian, Phoenix and Hardy all chasing title shots, I’m intrigued to see how you will be able to differentiate them.

You initially put over the match with the whole “two of the best women in the world”, but I was disappointed Nattie got beaten in five minutes. In terms of standing in the thread I get it, and it’s the right booking decision, but on a personal level, it makes me sad.

KOTR needs to hurry up.

The Master Craftsmen continue to dominate this thread and Backlash was such a good night for them. Promo was good with them all bragging about Backlash and their respective wins. After the Angle loss, which I don’t think hurts Albright, I’m interested to see how you deal with him. Normally, the KOTR goes to a young up and comer, but I feel like Albright actually has to win it again, to keep momentum since he’s the MITB holder. Also intrigued as to whether there will be any issues between the three of them throughout the tournament. Nemeth coming to Raw is a solid acquisition, and Albright dismissing him the way he did was brilliant. Arrogance personified. Nemeth excepting the challenge and mimicking Benji was okay, setting up the match.

Awesome rub for Nemeth and a match that would have been a damn good watch. Plus Albright gets back on track after his loss to Angle last night. Good stuff, the match did everything it needed to. Booking 101 really.

I was going to mention how tonight’s first hour has really just felt like a filler show after the PPV, and then you delivered this awesome segment. Whilst the DX stuff in the beginning was standard, them agreeing to split so soon makes me happy. I felt like it always only needed to be a one night reunion. KENNEDY!!! He is the man right now, so happy to see him back, fighting with security. Smart that he didn’t actually get to do anything here either, slow burn will make it mean more. The mention of his hair changing colour was a nice detail though, showing how obsessed he is with ONE thing only. And at the same time Brock Lesnar! Holy shit... Is he the second draft pick??? Or is he just here because he can be? Not really sure but Lesnar/HBK going at it again is all kinds of awesome. Great segment, entertaining as hell. If I wanted to be nitpicky, I could say maybe having both these guys rock up in the same segment makes one return overshadow the other, but I don’t care, loved it.

Makes sense for Hardy to attack Punk before the bell, and it was smart to keep it going with Hardy costing himself throughout the match by attacking Punk. Those two have unfinished business with Punk fleeing, however strange decision to have the new number one contenders lose. Assuming the angels will now maybe get added to the title match next week.

Christian taking some time off to sell Backlash makes sense. A good way to remind us about him though, and Cena’s attack.

The Miz and Coach was pretty funny. Miz continues to be a highlight every week, and this was no different with Coach and Miz doing their thing. Interesting way to bring Cabana in, I really wonder if this will be a full time thing or not. Good to see Miz finally get his ass kicked only for Big Zeke to make the save. Assuming there will be a rematch, fun stuff.

Women’s title match next week as well? Awesome. KOTR line up looks better with the solid mid carders being included.

LMAO at you having Shelton say these fans don’t want to LISTEN to me. He knows his promo work sucks. Besides that, solid enough hype for the main event.

Typical Cena in the last month, booking the handicap match for Shelton. Epic Christian appearance as you really made it seem like he wouldn’t be here tonight. Shelton beating AMW is a huge win, and kind of makes AMW not look the best as well. Still, sets up the title match for next week to continue the time filler defences for Cena. The stare downs from Christian and Benjamin was a nice ending as well.

As usual, a pretty damn good show. Writing was sensational and even carried the fair bit of filler this show had. A few angles still progressed and there is still plenty happening on Raw after Backlash. Still the man, Wolfy.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Sorry for the inactivity over the two weeks. I've quite a bit to be catching up to be doing. Stojy, Hug Life, expect some comments over the weekend!! For now, I'll post up Superstars. Should have Smackdown up in the next week.

WWE Superstars | April 30 2008

In another change to the Superstars commentary panel, MATT STRIKER now joins Todd Grisham on the call, moving from his role as backstage interviewer from Raw, replacing the recently released Al Snow.

The main event is hyped following the introduction of Striker on commentary, which sees a Cruiserweight 6-Pack challenge match - a match that both Striker and Grisham believe will determine the next challenger for Bryan Danielsons Cruiserweight Championship, following Danielsons successful title defence last week on Smackdown against Jamie Noble.

In the first match of the night, Layla El teams with Maryse to defeat Candice Michelle & Maria in a truly horrible mess of a womens tag match. Despite the talent at the top of the womens chain on Raw, there’s quite a lot of dross still in the lower reaches, mixed with green talent. Maryse finishes Candice with the French Kiss DDT @ 04:12.

Backstage, Deuce and Domino petition to Smackdown GM Finlay for spots in the Smackdown exclusive Money in the Bank ladder match at Judgment Day as they continue to try and separate themselves from one another. Finlay decides to give both men an opportunity to earn their spots, telling both men they’ll have qualifying matches on Smack down - but doesn’t reveal WHO they’ll face…

Sticking with Smackdown, The Fight Factory follow up their impressive win from last week on Smackdown, defeating a pair of local jobbers @ 01:12 when Barrett levels the first of the jobbers with the Bullhammer, continuing the teams impressive start to life on Smackdown.

Back to Raw, Kid Kash picks up a win after a few weeks of high-profile matches on Raw with Rey Mysterio & Shelton Benjamin, defeating Tyson Kidd @ 06:22 (joined at ringside by Harry Smith) in a rare singles outing for Kidd - but an impressive one, despite the loss. Kash wins the match with the Dead Level, getting his first mark in the win column since moving to Raw.

In a high quality main event, the cruiserweights bring the house down, as Xavier Woods, Evan Bourne, X-Pac, Elix Skipper, Sonjay Dutt and Daivari battle it out in an unofficial #1 Contenders 6 pack challenge match. The only face in the match - Evan Bourne - is the one that eventually prevails @ 13:01, when he goes AIR BOURNE on Skipper for the 1,2,3!!!

Bourne celebrates his win after the match, with Grisham and Striker both believing Bourne will be the next man in line for a shot at Bryan Danielsons Cruiserweight Championship…

END OF SHOW
    ~ BEING THE BOOKER ~
    http://www.wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=165683

Backyarder

Status

First things first; it’s been a frustrating year for me here. Everytime I think I’m starting to hit a stride and make progress, I’ll go off the idea, get lazy and disappear for another 3-4 months. Not even writers block - just long periods of inactivity.

Secondly, here’s hoping I can start posting on a more consistent basis. After this show, quite a few will be in a shorter, recapped form.

Thirdly…

Friday Night Smackdown | May 2 2008 | Moline Il

A highlight package airs from last week on Smackdown, with KURT ANGLE winning a 20 Man Battle Royal to earn a shot at EDGE for the WWE Championship at Judgment Day, followed by a later handshake between the pair, and a tense stare down…

Opening Video

PYRO

**TRAILER TRASHIN**

Off the back of his loss in an instant-classic main event last week for the Cruiserweight Championship, JAMIE NOBLE - dressed casually in a chequered shirt and jean shorts - marches out through the curtain, walking with a purpose toward the ring.

Joey Styles: Good evening, one and all, I’m Joey Styles alongside Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler for another action packed edition of Friday Night Smackdown!! And King, we certainly weren’t expecting to see Jamie Noble at the top of the show.

Jerry Lawler: I know I wasn’t, Styles. And Jamie doesn’t look happy either!!

Joey Styles: And for good reason. Jamie Noble dominated long portions of the Cruiserweight Championship match against Bryan Danielson last week, a near thirty minute epic, one of the most memorable matches in Smackdowns near ten year history - but Noble found himself on the losing side of that battle.

Jerry Lawler: I don’t know how he didn’t win, Styles. Jamie Noble beat Bryan Danielson from pillar to post, but he just couldn’t put the champion away.

Joey Styles: For the second time, King. And you couldn’t blame Noble for being upset at how things have panned out. Twice, he looked to be on the verge on being the first man to defeat Bryan Danielson in singles competition … but twice, he came up short. There’s a reason why Danielson is undefeated in six months since coming to Smackdown.

Noble collects a mic from the timekeepers position, and climbs into the ring, where he motions for the music to cut.

Jamie Noble: I aint gonna stand here an take all day to make my point … BRYAN DANIELSON…

Small pop for the mention of Danielsons name.

Jamie Noble: After last week … I still aint done with you, boy. I know I can beat you. Everyone in this arena, everyone watchin on the tube, and everyone at that arena last week saw me hand you the beatin of your life!!! If this were boxin, the damn referee woulda stopped the thing, seein as I beat ya so bad and awarded me that damn Cruiserweight title!!! Your little hide was red raw from the beatin I gave you…

Noble paces around the ring, still seething over his loss last week.

Jamie Noble: You owe me boy!! You owe me one more shot at that title!!! Be a man, Danielson!!! Get your sorry ass out here right now, and face me one more time with that title up for grabs!!

The fans pop, wanting to see Noble face Danielson again after the classic last week.

Jamie Noble: C’MON BOYYY!!! Don’t go duckin me again like ya did the last time!! Until you truly beat me, y’cant look yersel-

**FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES**

The Cruiserweight Champion calmly enters the arena, with the title belt on his shoulder. Like Noble, Danielson isn’t dressed to compete tonight, wearing a smart shirt and jeans. Danielson approaches the ring, cautiously stepping inside - with Noble on edge - and proceeds to take a mic, handed to him from ringside.

Bryan Danielson:
    Jamie … I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you’re getting a little bit obsessed-

Jamie Noble:
    Yer damn right I am, boy!!! I’m obsessed with that piece o’gold over yer shoulder!! And you know as well as I do, that I beat you black and blue last week. I whipped you all over this ring a week ago. I should have that Cruiserweight title over MY god-damned shoulder right now!!!

The Cruiserweight Champion looks frustrated with Nobles attitude.

Bryan Danielson:
    It doesn’t take a genius to work out that you dominated our championship match last week. Yeah, you gave me a hell of a beating, Jamie … but you know just as well as I do, is that winning is what matters. Last week - I won. I am still Cruiserweight champion. And while I understand why you’re upset and frustrated … I think I deserve a little more respect from you.

Danielson stares down Noble, clearly agitated by Noble constantly calling him out.

Bryan Danielson:
    I’ve had to listen to you drag my name through the mud for the last two months, claiming I was running from you. I take that personally, Jamie. Because I’ve never shirked a challenge in my life. I gave you your shot last week - and for the SECOND TIME - I beat you to keep this championship.

Cheers for Danielson, but Noble is bubbling.

Jamie Noble:
    I don’t give a rats ass how you take it, Bryan. I want that damn belt. I know as well as you do, that I’m the best Cruiserweight on Gods green earth. I just need one more shot to prove it.

Danielson chuckles at the audacity of Noble.

Bryan Danielson:
    You know what, you don’t need to insult me to get me to give you another shot. All you have to do - is ask.

Jamie Noble:
    Well I’m asking. So don’t you dare run away from me, boy.

The Cruiserweight Champion clenches his teeth, trying not to snap at the aggressive Noble.

Bryan Danielson:
    I’m more than happy to oblige.

Pop.

Bryan Danielson:
    I’ll give you one last shot at this title, Jamie. But if you lose again - I want you to accept it this time … and move on.

Danielson extends his hand, but before Noble can accept the offer…

**LAMBEG**

The Smackdown General Manager, FINLAY, enters the fray, standing at the top of the ramp, motioning to cut the music, as he looks to tend to business right away.

Finlay:
    Fellas, I appreciate the pair of you being proactive in settling yer differences. But, uh, this isn’t Monday Night Raw. Here on Smackdown, title matches are earned. And Jamie, no one earned their shot more than you did.

Noble nods, mouthing; “Yer damn right. And now I want another!”

Finlay:
    But you had your shot last week. And you lost it.

Somewhat of a negative reaction from the fans - and certainly a negative reaction from Noble, who is apoplectic in the ring.

Jamie Noble:
    Didn’t you see what I did to this man last week?? He’s lucky he’s even standing here tonight-

Finlay:
    Shut it.

The GM cuts Noble off, to a sizeable pop.

Finlay:
    Look - you had your shot at Bryan. Y’had two of ‘em. There’s a whole host of Cruiserweights lining up now for the next shot at the champ.

Danielson chips in.

Bryan Danielson: I’m happy to give Jamie another shot.

Noble nods, shouting from the ring; “He‘s already agreed!!” Finlay sighs, and looks around for a moment, before shaking his head.

Finlay:
    Listen, fellas, the rest of the division has had to sit back while the two of you went at it. Evan Bourne just won a helluva match on Superstars, and I’m pretty close to puttin that match together for the title at Judg-

Jamie Noble:
    Hold it.

Finlay looks surprised by Noble cutting him off, with Jamie continuing on.

Jamie Noble:
    Finlay, you give me one last shot at him. Give me one last shot at the Cruiserweight title … and if I lose …

Noble pauses, pulling the mic away. He looks down, as both Finlay and Danielson look perplexed. Noble then raises the mic back up…

Jamie Noble:
    If I lose … I’ll retire.

Gasps of shock can be heard all around the arena, with Danielson vehemently shaking his head, not agreeing with the offer made by Noble.

Jamie Noble:
    I’ll pack my things up, hand ya my notice and not only will I leave the WWE … I’ll quit this sport forever.

Danielson has to interject at this point.

Bryan Danielson:
    Whoa- let’s just think about this a second. You don’t-

Jamie Noble:
    Shut yer mouth, Danielson!!!

Noble glares a hole through Danielson after cutting him off. Bryan tries to talk sense to Noble off mic, but Jamie turns away from him, and instead turns his focus to Finlay…

Jamie Noble:
    Finlay, I know I can beat his sorry rear - an I’m willin to put my career on the line for another shot at that title.

Finlay looks to the fans, gauging their reaction, who seem to be for it. Danielson continues to try to talk Noble out of it in the ring, whilst Finlay ponders the offer. Finlay - after taking a while to think it over - speaks up…

Finlay:
    Alright … if that’s what you’re willing to sacrifice … you got it. Jamie Noble, you’ll face Bryan Danielson at Judgment Day for the Cruiserweight Championship.

Pop from the fans.

Finlay:
    But if you lose, Jamie … you will leave the WWE … and retire from this sport - forever.

Bryan Danielson:
    No. I don’t want this, Finlay.

Despite being a face and being genuine in his concern, Danielson still receives a number of boos for his response. The champion shakes his head, pleading with Finlay…

Bryan Danielson: I’ll defend this championship seven nights a week, fifty two weeks a year … I’ll put this title on the line against anyone. But NOT on these terms. I don’t want to be the man responsible for ending another mans career. I don’t want that hanging over me for the rest of my career.

Jamie Noble:
    You can shut your hole, Danielson!! You aint ending ANYONES stinkin career, ya hear me?? You got lucky against me TWICE an ya know it!!! And now you wanna use this little stipulation as an excuse to go runnin again?? Quit the bullcrap, boy!! You aint worried about endin my career - yer too busy worrying about me taking that Cruiserweight title!!

Bryan Danielson:
    You’re wrong, Jamie. Come on. Wake up. You gave me your best - YOUR BEST - TWICE!!! And TWICE it wasn’t good enough. I’m putting a stop to this. Finlay, you cant allow him to put his career on the line. He’s gone mad. I wont be responsible for ending his career. I wont.

Noble rips the mic from Danielson and CHUCKS it out of the ring!! He then pokes his finger into Danielsons chest, eyeballing the champion.

Jamie Noble:
    This aint up to you, Bryan!! This aint your choice!! It’s mine!! And don’t you worry about ending my career, boy. It aint gonna happen.

Noble then SHOVES Danielson down to the canvas!!! Danielson looks up at Noble, at breaking point himself, but cooler heads prevail, and Danielson watches as Noble storms out of the ring. Noble charges up the ramp, with Danielson shouting; “DON’T DO THIS, JAMIE!! DON’T DO SOMETHING YOU‘RE GONNA REGRET!!!”

However, Noble doesn’t listen, and gets right into the General Managers face, telling him; “YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN!!” before brushing past the Irishman, and walking out of view. In the ring, Danielson is shaking his head, disappointed with how everything has shaped out tonight, with no interest in putting his title up against Nobles career…

Commercial Break

Smackdown returns with THE BRIAN KENDRICK shown in the crowd, carrying his petition, trying to talk fans into signing…

Joey Styles:
    I cant believe he was serious. Oh my god. Is Brian Kendrick really trying to get a petition together to remove Finlay from power??

Jerry Lawler: It sure looks that way.

Joey Styles:
    And it looks like he’s having all kinds of success. Welcome back to Smackdown, after a stunning opening to the show, right Jerry??

Jerry Lawler:
    I don’t think anyone here expected that turn of events moments ago with Jamie Noble.

Joey Styles:
    I knew Jamie Noble was obsessed with the Cruiserweight Championship - I just didn’t realise how obsessed he was. Noble will put his career on the line on May 18 in Minneapolis at Judgment Day. It’ll be Bryan Danielsons title versus Jamie Nobles career!!

Jerry Lawler:
    It really doesn’t get much bigger than that, Styles.

Joey Styles:
    And Bryan Danielson clearly wants no part in ending Jamie Nobles career either, that much is for sure. But if he wants to remain undefeated and more importantly, if he wants to remain Cruiserweight champion at Judgment Day, that’s exactly what he’ll have to do…

**NO MORE WORDS**

JEFF HARDY hit’s the stage to a big - high pitched - pop from the fans. Hardy slaps hands with the fans on his way down the ramp, looking relaxed and confident ahead of a big singles match…

Joey Styles:
    And King, Judgment Day is coming up fact - and our next Pay Per View is really starting to take shape!! We’re gonna have our own Money in the Bank briefcase on offer in sixteen days time, and there’s no one who’d love a shot at that ladder match more than Jeff Hardy!!!

Jerry Lawler:
    You’re not kiddin!! Jeff Hardy has a rich history with ladders - but he normally falls off ‘em. If he makes it to Judgment Day, he’ll have to CLIMB the ladder!!!

Joey Styles:
    And that’s exactly what he’s aiming to do right here, right now. Jeff Hardy is a win away from qualifying for the Money in the Bank ladder match at Judgment Day. And over the last few days, it has been announced that Umaga, MVP, Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam have all been entered into that very match at Judgment Day - with four spaces up for grabs!! Jeff Hardy is about to meet Paul London for one of those remaining spots, and later tonight, both two more spots will be won.

Jerry Lawler:
    By the end of this night, we’ll have a pretty clear picture of who’ll be in the picture at Judgment Day, Styles.

Joey Styles:
    And let’s remind everyone exactly what’s at stake; the winner of the Money in the Bank ladder match will have ten months to cash that title shot in - when they want, where they want, at a moments notice!! They could cash it in on the same night!! And you can bet that both the WWE Champion Edge and his challenger at Judgment Day Kurt Angle will both be well aware of that possibility.

Jerry Lawler:
    And speaking of Edge and Angle - how about our main event tonight, Joey!?

Joey Styles:
    Ohh, it’s an interesting one indeed. Edge and Kurt Angle - opponents at Judgment Day?? Partners tonight!! Edge and Kurt Angle will team up to face the dominating Gods Of War; who are sixteen days away from a huge match of their own at Judgment Day, when they meet the returning Brothers of Destruction!!

**STAY IN SHADOW**

To his usual strong reaction, PAUL LONDON hit’s the stage, with a mouth watering match kicking off Smackdown tonight … but only ONE of the two men hovering on the cusp of the main event scene on Smackdown will be heading to the ladder match at Judgment Day.

Joey Styles:
    And what a match this promises to be!! Two of the most exciting superstars on Smackdown - two men who are both just a step away from breaking the glass ceiling - but only ONE can advance to Judgment Day.

Jerry Lawler:
    And you know just how much this means to Paul London, Joey. He competed in the last two Money in the Bank ladder matches at WrestleMania, and BOTH years he was a fingertip away from winning it all.

Joey Styles:
    Paul London will certainly be hoping to make it third time lucky … but he may not make it that far!! Jeff Hardy has NEVER been involved in the Money in the Bank ladder matches, and for a man with such a rich history in ladder matches?? He feels like he’s due…

Match 1 | MONEY IN THE BANK QUALIFYING MATCH:
    Jeff Hardy vs. Paul London
    Lots of high flying, lots of risk taking, and that’s just the first ninety seconds of the match. Hardy and London engage in a spectacular showcase, with no shenanigans and no outside influences. Two faces, battling back and forth in a hard fought encounter. Both men have brief moments of dominance after the early sprint of a start, and after Hardy launches London out of the ring, he follows up with a plancha, taking both men out, heading into a mid-match commercial.

Commercial Break

Back from the commercial, the match has slowed down somewhat, and it’s London in control, wearing Hardy down with a side headlock, but soon, the heat ratchets up again between the pair, with neither man afraid to take a risk or three in order to get the job done. The near falls follow, with both Hardy and London nearly getting the job done, with the closest being Hardy off a modified Twist of Fate that London kicks out of. However, it gives Jeff a chance to climb up top, looking for a Swanton …
    BUT LONDON ROLLS OUT OF HARMS WAY!!!!! And he traps Jeff with a crucifix pin … 1...2...JEFF JUST ESCAPES THE PREDICAMENT!!! Later, London avoids an incoming Hardy into the corner, and puts Jeff down, seemingly setting him up for the 450 SPLASH … BUT LONDON MISSES!!! And Jeff cradles London - taking advantage like London had with him earlier - 1...2...3!!!!! London just escapes … but it’s a fraction too late!!!!!
    Winner: Jeff Hardy @ 12:08
    *Qualifies for Money in the Bank ladder match at Judgment Day*

Hardy gets the win, with London just a split second too late on the kick out, and Jeff is heading to Judgment Day!!!

Joey Styles:
    And now, Jeff Hardy joins Rob Van Dam, Chris Jericho, MVP and Umaga in the star-studded Money in the Bank ladder match line up at Judgment Day!! A huge win, King!!

Jerry Lawler:
    And I gotta call it an upset!! Paul London has been a perennial contender here on Smackdown for a long time … but tonight, he’s been surprised by Jeff Hardy - and he’ll be on the outside looking in when it comes to Judgment Day!!

The two men meet in the middle of the ring, with London and Hardy sharing a few words back and forth, shaking hands, with London congratulating Jeff on the win, and presumably offering him good wishes in the match at Judgment Day.

Joey Styles:
    And that’s what it’s all about, King!! The spirit of competition!! Paul London is obviously upset - of course he is - but the sportsman Paul London is, he was able to accept this loss tonight to Jeff Hardy, who was the better man on the night.

Jerry Lawler:
    Wouldn’t be my style.

Joey Styles:
    That certainly goes without saying…

London departs the ring, backing up the ramp (you‘d almost think he was departing Smackdown for newer pastures ), with Jeff taking the moment to celebrate his win, the biggest win he has scored since his return last year, as he finally looks to break the glass ceiling…

The camera then pans into the crowd, again showing THE BRIAN KENDRICK hassling fans to sign his petition to remove Finlay from power on Smackdown…

Joey Styles: Well, I guess the old saying goes; “God loves a try‘er” … but I have to believe this is a fruitless task being carried out by The Brian Kendrick. Nevertheless, when we return to Smackdown, we will air a sit-down interview that I conducted with the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase earlier this week, as we discussed his sons impending debut on Smackdown, which will come as part of the 2008 King of the Ring tournament. We’ll be right back…

Commercial Break

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

Clip of Bret Hart rolling up Bam Bam Bigelow to win the King of the Ring tournament in 1993.

“I‘M THE BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE WAS, AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE”

Narrator: It has given the platform for champions to establish themselves.

Clip of Owen Hart being crowned King of the Ring in 1994, as we hear him yell over it.

“I‘M THE KING OF HARTS!!!”

Narrator: It has immortalized greats forever.

Clip of Stone Cold Steve Austin winning the 1996 King of the Ring tournament, with the sound bite over it.

“AUSTIN THREE SIXTEEN SAYS, I JUST WHIPPED YOUR ASS”

Narrator: It ushered in the birth of a new attitude.

Clip of Triple H having his hand raised in 1997.

“THE KING OF THE RING!!!”

Narrator: Stars have been born.

Clip of Kurt Angle dropping to his knees in victory in 2000.

“IT‘S TRUE, IT‘S TRUE”

Narrator:
    Legends have been made.

Clip of Brock Lesnar having his hand raised in 2002, as we hear Paul Heymans voice over the top.

“THE NEXT BIG THING, BRRRRROCK LLLLLESNARRRRR”

Narrator: Careers have skyrocketed.

Clips of Mister Kennedy with the crown in 2006, Edge with his trophy in 2001 and Brent Albright a year ago, over a sound bite of Brent during his victory speech…

“NOW THAT I’M KING OF THE RING, YOU PEOPLE ARE GONNA SIT UP AND NOTICE WHAT I’M CAPABLE OF!!”

Narrator: The King of the Ring tournament has provided some of the most memorable moments in sports entertainment history, and on Saturday, June 23, 2008 … a new King will be crowned, in the home of royalty…

Clips of London, Buckingham Palace, Beefeaters etc…

Narrator: Once again, the King of the Ring tournament climaxes on NBC, with quarter finals, semi finals and the grand final. One rising star will eclipse all others…

Quick clips again of the prominent former winners.

Narrator: Which superstar will use the King of the Ring tournament to follow these legends, icons and immortals into the pantheon of greatness??

~ THE 2008 KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT ~
    !! LIVE ON SATURDAY NIGHTS MAIN EVENT ON NBC !!
    JUNE 21 2008 | O2 ARENA, LONDON, ENGLAND

Smackdown returns to a pre-taped interview between Joey Styles and Ted DiBiase with the caption; “EARLIER THIS WEEK - PALM BEACH, FLORIDA”… Joey Styles sits across from Ted Dibiase on a balcony, with a picturesque view in the background; the best money can buy…

Joey Styles:
    Mr. DiBiase, thank you for inviting us into your spring residence for this interview.

Ted DiBiase:
    It’s my pleasure, Joey. Do you want any crushed ice with that water?? Our kitchen staff have the most incredible method of crushing the ice that you simply wouldn’t believe.

Joey Styles:
    Uh … I’m good, thank you. Uhm, Mr. DiBiase, as a matter of fact I had hoped we’d also get to speak with your son during this interview to catch his thoughts and opinion on his impending debut on Sma-

DiBiase cuts Joey off, whilst placing his Iced Tea down.

Ted DiBiase:
    I’m afraid not, Joey. Young Ted is in the middle of his training camp right now, and he isn’t taking time out to talk with the media.

Styles raises his eyebrows, but nods.

Joey Styles:
    Very well … well, I’ll get to it then, I guess. There’s obviously been a lot of debate centred around your sons upcoming debut on Smackdown as one of the thirty two entrants in the prestigious King of the Ring tournament. As a matter of fact, he was the first man to be officially announced into the tournament … despite an undeniable lack of experience at this level of competition … at the expense of a number of Smackdown superstars who believe they have earned the right to compete in the tournament. What do you say to those people??

DiBiase grins as he listens to Styles and rolls his eyes, before responding condescendingly.

Ted DiBiase:
    What do I say to them?? I … really have nothing to say to those people, Joey. Are you seeing a lot of frustration around the locker room on Smackdown??

Styles reluctantly nods.

Joey Styles:
    I am. And … to be completely honest?? I can see where they are coming from. They’ve fought, week in, week out, up and down the country, all over the world for this kind of opportunity, and yet your son will get a passage straight into the tournament.

DiBiase continues to smirk, sitting back in his chair, relaxed.

Ted DiBiase:
    But why should any of that be my concern?? Or of my Ted’s concern?? No, he hasn’t had to sleep in a rental car like I imagine some of the people you’re referring to have had to do. And no, my Ted hasn’t had to drive himself from one town to the next, non-stop, overnight, to make his next match. He hasn’t had to. Nor will he ever have to. And that’s a good thing. He’s above that kind of lifestyle.

Joey Styles:
    But don’t you think that’ll lead to a lot of resentment from his peers in the locker room??

Ted scoffs. He reaches forward, taking a sip of his drink, before answering.

Ted DiBiase:
    Again … that’s none of mine or Ted Juniors concern. You don’t expect my Ted to share a locker room with the rest of the roster, do you??

Styles looks shocked and angered by the response.

Joey Styles:
    Well … I had assumed-

The Million Dollar man chuckles - not his trademark guffaw - but just a light laugh.

Ted DiBiase:
    No, no, no. I think you’re missing the point here, son. My Teddy is special. He’s not another member of the Smackdown roster. He wont have to crowd in a stinky, dingy locker room with the rest of the crowd. He’s above that. He’s the son of the Million Dollar Man. He has a lineage to live up to. This business is in his blood, and he was born to follow in my footsteps in the WWE. And I wont associate my name with anything that could fail. He wont have to interact with the scum and the rank and files of the WWE, not if I have anything to do with it.

Again, Styles is struggling to hide his anger at the insulting responses from DiBiase, but keeps his professional composure, and looks down at the papers on his lap.

Joey Styles:
    That’s an … interesting take … but uhm … aren’t you concerned that perhaps this tournament will come a little too soon for your son, taking on some of the seasoned veterans in the WWE?? I mean, just looking through this list of entrants thus far; William Regal from Raw, MVP on Smackdown, The Cruiserweight Champion Bryan Danielson, and right there, the reigning King of the Ring, Brent Albright. Given Ted’s experience is essentially zero … you must have to admit that his chances of going deep into this tournament are slim at best??

DiBiase takes a moment to consider the question, whilst peering off into the picturesque distance, before replying to Styles.

Ted DiBiase:
    That’s your opinion, Joey. And I steadfastly disagree with it. I’ve plotted Teddy’s path, right to the very top of Smackdown, and it all begins with the King of the Ring tournament. You’ve listed off some impressive names there, who all have a long list of accomplishments. I’ll not deny that. My Teddy will be prepared for every last one of them. As I said before, he’s deep in training right now. He’s travelled all over the world - on a private jet I might add - for the best training money can buy. The United Kingdom, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico and right here in the United States under my watchful eye. Not a penny has been spared to get my boy ready for this tournament.

Joey Styles:
    But with all due respect … while I don’t doubt for a second that you have put plenty of resources into funding Ted Juniors preparations for his WWE debut … even you have to admit that money cant buy experience, can it??

The Million Dollar Man smiles broadly at the question and leans forward in his chair to address Joey.

Ted DiBiase:
    Son … everything has a price. And so does every one … for the Million Dollar Man.

There’s no cackle from DiBiase, but he doesn’t get his signature line in at the end of the interview. We fade out from the pre-taped interview…

Back in the arena, DEUCE is in the ring, awaiting his opponent…

Joey Styles:
    Well, as you could see, King, Ted DiBiase Senior is highly confident of his sons chances in the upcoming King of the Ring tournament.

Jerry Lawler:
    Why wouldn’t he be?? It’s in his blood!!

Joey Styles:
    I’m still unconvinced… it’s a huge jump in competition for this young kid. There’s only so much preparation someone can have…

**SOME BODIES GONNA GET IT**

It’s not the type of opponent Deuce wanted to see. Coming off a loss at Backlash against Shelton Benjamin, MARK HENRY walks down the aisle, accompanied by his manager Theodore Long…

Joey Styles:
    But while Ted DiBiases chances in the King of the Ring tournament are up for debate, I really don’t like Deuces chances of qualifying for the Money in the Bank ladder match at Judgment Day!!

Jerry Lawler:
    Nor do I, Styles. Mark Henry has been walking around the back all day today like a bear with a sore head. He’s an angry man tonight!!

Joey Styles:
    And I’m sure that has something to do with Mark Henry losing this past Sunday at Raws Backlash Pay Per View to Shelton Benjamin. But Deuce may be the unlucky recipient of the backlash coming from Mark Henry after that loss!!!

Match 2 | MONEY IN THE BANK QUALIFYING MATCH:
    Deuce vs. Mark Henry w/ Theodore Long
    Just a squash. Deuce tries to take the fight to Henry initially by targeting the legs of the Worlds Strongest Man … but once he is caught, he isn’t getting anything done. Henry takes out his frustrations on Deuce, which is the only reason the match lasts over two minutes, with Henry punishing the former Greaser, before putting him away with an emphatic WORLDS STRONGEST SLAM for the 1...2...3!!!!!
    Winner: Mark Henry @ 02:44

Mark Henry bounces back from the loss at Backlash, and now has his sights set on winning the MITB briefcase at Judgment Day. Theodore Long is giddy with happiness on the outside, celebrating - most definitely putting the Shelton Benjamin rivalry behind him and Mark Henry, with something else now to focus on.

Meanwhile, for Deuce, it’s another wasted opportunity for him, as he continues to try and (unsuccessfully) establish himself as a singles prospect on Smackdown, with Domino getting his shot later tonight to do the same…
    Henry departs the ring, with Theodore Long congratulating his client, motioning that he’ll get the WWE Championship around The Worlds Strongest Mans waist sooner rather than later now that he has the chance to win the Smackdown exclusive MITB briefcase at Judgment Day…

Joey Styles:
    Well, that’s now six of the eight spots taken up, and two of those have been taken by out and out MONSTERS, King!! Umaga and Mark Henry BOTH will be a part of the Money in the Bank ladder match at Judgment Day!!

Jerry Lawler:
    I just hope those ladders can support their weight!! I hope the RING can too!!!

Joey Styles:
    And speaking of monsters - last week it was revealed that The Undertaker and Kane; The Brothers of Destruction, will be returning at Judgment Day too, and what a match they have to return to…

Jerry Lawler:
    Steven Richards made the challenge weeks ago for The Undertaker and Kane to face his Gods of War, and you’re right, Styles, the challenge was answered last week on Smackdown!! It’s being billed as a “Clash of Titans” - and for good reason!! Batista and Lashley versus The Undertaker and Kane at Judgment Day!!! I cant wait!!!

Joey Styles:
    And neither can I, King!! It all started at WrestleMania when JBL looked to ensure that The Undertakers streak would end at the hands of Umaga and enlisted the services of the Gods of War … but they didn’t expect the return of Kane to scupper those plans.

Jerry Lawler:
    No one did!! And if Kane HADNT appeared at WrestleMania, The Streak may well have ended in Phoenix five weeks ago.

Joey Styles:
    Well, in just a few short weeks, the mega tag showdown goes down in Minneapolis. But before that, The U.S Champion Batista and Lashley will be in action tonight. The Gods of War meet the two men set to clash for the WWE Championship at Judgment Day in our main event tonight on Smackdown; Edge and Kurt Angle.

Backstage, LOS LATINOS are shown, walking down the hallway, with Chavo slapping the chest of Super Crazy, trying his best to hype his partner up…

Joey Styles:
    And coming up next; Los Latinos get the chance they’ve been crying out for - a chance to prove that they belong in the tag team title discussion. It’s Los Latinos moment of truth, when they face the Caribbean Connection; NEXT ON Smackdown!!!

Commercial Break

Back from the commercial, CARLITO and KOFI KINGSTON are in the ring, waiting for Los Latinos to make their entrance…

**LATINO WORLD ORDER**

Chavo and Super Crazy make their way out, to a fairly negative reaction from the fans, and Chavo shows a look of surprise at the response from the fans. They stop at the top of the stage, with Chavo producing a mic from the back of his tights…

Chavo Guerrero:
    It’s no secret that Super Crazy and myself have gotten a little fed up of the treatment we’ve received around here as of late … and it’s taken people close to us to wake Soop and I up to that fact. For too long, we were being walked over and forgotten … but not anymore!!

Chavo Guerrero:
    We’re making changes from top to bottom - starting TONIGHT!! Right now, I’d like to take this opportunity to ask everyone in this arena to be upstanding, and please give a warm welcome … to our manager VICKIE GUERREROOO!!!

There’s very little reaction inside the arena for the widow of Eddie Guerrero, who makes her way out through the curtain, giving a wave to the indifferent audience, before she is greeted with hugs from both Chavo and Super Crazy.

Vickie then breaks off, pointing them to the ring, whilst on commentary, Joey Styles fills the viewing audience in on who exactly Vickie is. In the ring, Carlito and Kofi are both suspicious about the addition of Vickie Guerrero to the Los Latinos team…

Match 3:
    The Caribbean Connection vs. Los Latinos w/Vickie Guerrero
    Chavo and Super Crazy both wrestle a much slower based style - especially for Super Crazy - as they embrace the role of heel in this match, under the guidance of Vickie, who remains fairly quiet on the outside, and is more of a mascot rather than any kind of difference maker. Carlito and Kofi keep the pace up, entertaining the fans with their fancy move sets, but Carlito gets caught, and worked over for a couple of minutes by Chavo and Super Crazy, before fighting back, making a hot tag to Kofi.

And once inside, Kofi picks up the pace again, with the momentum turning back to them, as Chavo and Super Crazy look to be in trouble. Kofi delivers the SOS to Chavo, but Super Crazy breaks the cover!!! And that sets off Carlito - and all hell has broken loose!!! Vickie looks at a loss as to what to say - or do - and can only watch as Kingston and Carlito close in on putting Los Latinos away, with a double dropkick sending Super Crazy out of the ring, to the floor - leaving Chavo all alone!!!

Chavo doesn’t stand a chance against two men, as Carlito and Kofi put the finishing touches on him … hitting the BACK CRACKER … FROM PARADISE!!! The Caribbean Connection double up to put Chavo down, and Kofi makes the cover … 1...2...VICKIE PUTS CHAVOS FOOT ON THE ROPE!!!!! The referee spots the foot on the rope, telling Kofi the match continues, but Carlito is livid, and looks to Vickie, accusing her of putting the foot there.
    Carlito gets out of the ring, but as he confronts Vickie, he gets blindsided by Super Crazy!!! Crazy rams Carlito into the barrier, but once he does this, KOFI NAILS HIM - FLYING THROUGH THE ROPES WITH A SUICIDE DIVE!!!! Kingston climbs back into the ring, looking to finish off Chavo, but as he reaches down to drag him up, Vickie gets the officials attention and - BAM - Chavo nails Kofi … with Vickies purse!!!!! Chavo tosses the evidence, and crawls into a cover - the referee none the wiser … 1...2...3!!!!!
    Winners: Los Latinos @ 06:57
    Despite LOOKING clueless for most of the match in her role, Vickie Guerrero proves to be the difference maker in the end for Los Latinos!! Saving them from defeat, Vickie then assists Chavo to help the team to victory!!! Replays show Vickie slipping the purse to Chavo whilst the referee went out of the ring to get Kofi back inside, with Lawler speculating WHAT exactly could be in the purse for it to knock Kofi out.

Chavo stumbles out of the ring, hugging Vickie, before collecting Super Crazy - looking worse for wear as they depart up the ramp; but they are more importantly victorious. Carlito climbs back into the ring, wondering what happened for Kofi to lose, with The Cool One helping his partner to come around.

Los Latinos escape up the ramp - all smiles - as Kofi - holding his head - motions to Carlito as he explains what happened, with Carlito mightily pissed with what he hears, pointing to Chavo, Vickie and Super Crazy on the ramp, telling them they aren’t done yet…

Commercial Break

Backstage, Los Latinos and Vickie Guerrero are shown celebrating their big win tonight, kicking off their union with a victory…

Back into the arena…

“SILENCE!!!!”

And we see DAMIEN SANDOW is stood, mic in hand like a wine glass … listening to boos from the fans, waiting for them to shut up…

Damien Sandow:
    Allow me to beg your indulgence for one moment. For I, Damien Sandow, have an important announcement to make … yes, you heard me, something important is about to happen in Moline…

Boos. Sandow momentarily looks pleased with himself, before getting back on point.

Damien Sandow:
    I’m aware that all of you, the unwashed masses, are rightfully concerned at the lack of class which is quickly inhabiting the line up for the Smackdown exclusive Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Judgment Day. But fear not!! For I, Damien Sandow, have some pleasant news for all of you. Next week on Smackdown - because I refuse to participate in the act of combat in front of such low-level mouth breathers here in Illinois-

Cheap heat. Sandow pulls away from his mic, looking at the fans with disdain.

Damien Sandow:
    Next week, in a city full of bright lights and intelligent, cultured human beings; Los Angeles … I will have the opportunity to seal my position in that very same match on May 18 on Pay Per View. And once I successfully qualify, I can follow in the footsteps of the inspiring Green Bay Packers and march toward success!!

More heat from the Wisconsin hating Illinois fans.

Damien Sandow:
    Now, ladders are, indeed, beneath me. I shouldn’t have to punish my body by climbing a ladder in order to retrieve the Money in the Bank briefcase. Anything could happen to me with all those other delinquents involved. Jeffrey Hardy wouldn’t think twice about pushing me off a ladder. Rob Van Dam would most probably revel in aiming a ladder at my head!!
    Some ironic cheers from the fans, Sandow looks disgusted, but doesn’t respond to it.

Damien Sandow:
    As I’ve rightfully pointed out before, a ladder has no place in a wrestling ring. A ladder is a household object, used to assist the process of decorating a dining room, for instance. And for you unwashed masses of Moline … I understand you may not be au fait with a dining room, so allow me-

Boos. Sandow stops for a moment, distracted by the boos for his insult, but soldiers on.

Damien Sandow: Allow me to explain. A dining room, is a room in a home where meals are eaten. I’m aware that the vast majority of you are voracious slobs who’ll digest your dinner in front of your television sets. I’d imagine technology has advanced at least as far as the black and white model televisions here in Moline??

As an ‘ASSHOLE’ chant begins to find voice, Sandow shakes his head in disdain.

Damien Sandow:
    How polite.

The Intellectual Saviour allows the fans to wind down on the chant, standing patiently, but looking very much irritated by the chants.

Damien Sandow:
    Very well. Moving on … my good news does not end on that note. For I, Damien Sandow will also be one of the thirty two participants in the 2008 King of the Ring tournament. And how fitting it will be that a man of such class - the intellectual saviour of the masses - will soon reign over all of you as your King.

More boos.

Damien Sandow:
    And I’d imagine my first act as King Sandow will be to eradicate Illinois off the map completely!!

The boos gets louder.

Damien Sandow:
    Silence!!!

Sandow shakes his head at the noise of the fans, but speaks over them.

Damien Sandow:
    Fear not, Moline … for you are still clinging on to this fine country - for now - and perhaps, just maybe … when you see my upcoming success, when I retrieve the Money in the Bank briefcase … when I reign over all of you as King … and when I become WWE Champion … you will all be inspired by the fine example I set. For I, Damien Sandow can be YOUR saviour, Moline. And just as I bring class to the WWE Championship, it’s possible that I might just bring class-

**TIME TO PLAY THE GAME**

Jerry Lawler:
    WHAT??

Joey Styles:
    It- It cant be-

But it is …
    TRIPLE H is on Smackdown!!!!! The Game emerges from behind the curtain to a BOOMING response from the fans.

Jerry Lawler: IT’S HIM!!!!

Joey Styles:
    TRIPLE H IS ON SMACKDOWN!!! We just got The Game from Raw!!!

Triple H walks to the ring, dressed in jeans and his leather jacket, with Sandow not best pleased at the interruption. The Game spits water on the apron, getting another huge reaction, before climbing into the ring, with an irate Sandow confronting him.

Damien Sandow:
    I have to say, this is all very uncouth. I was in the middle of educating these brainless masses of Moline. And then you come out here, spitting water all over the place. Don’t you realise how unsanitary that is?? And besides, the last thing these people need is to hear from a Degenerate like you!!

Triple H:
    The last thing these people need to hear is YOU run your mouth!!! And I’m out here to SHUT IT!!!

Big pop. Sandow looks concerned, and now begins to backtrack…

Damien Sandow:
    Now, now … there’s no need for violence. I’m sure we can come to some kind of solution that will benefit each of us. There must be a way for you and I to come to an understanding and depart the ring amicably. You‘re new to Smackdown, and I‘d like to make it my task to make you feel welcome here. Is there anything I can do for you to help you settle in your new home??

Sandow offers a disingenuous smile, whilst The Game peers off into the audience for their reaction, before replying to Sandow.

Triple H:
    I’m here for one thing and one thing only. And it aint to make friends with a pompous ass like you!!

Pop. Sandow gulps, with The Game bearing down on him.

Triple H:
    I WANT the WWE Championship … and seein as you aint the guy that can give me that … you’re just in my way.

PEDIGREE!!!!!

The Game flattens Sandow with a Pedigree - to a HUGE pop from the fans!!! Triple H makes a statement immediately on his new home, much to the delight of the fans; shutting up Sandow!!!
    Triple H proceeds to pose on the turnbuckles, putting aside the incident on Raw involving the fired Mr. Kennedy - with no mention of the incident on commentary from Styles or Lawler, as if it never happened. Instead, the commentary team talk up how big a ‘get’ The Game is for them on Smackdown.

Commercial Break

Smackdown returns with THE BRIAN KENDRICK still pestering fans for their signatures as he looks to beef up his petition to fire Finlay…

Joey Styles:
    They say God loves a trier … but I’m not so sure it applies in this instance. The Brian Kendrick is still trying to fill that petition of his.

Jerry Lawler:
    And it looks like a fruitless exercise, Joe. I don’t see many people willing to help the cause!!

In the ring, DOMINO is stood, waiting for his opponent, as he looks to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match at Judgment Day.

Joey Styles:
    And moments ago here on Smackdown, we were ALL stunned by the arrival of Triple H.

Jerry Lawler:
    This draft season just keeps getting better for us on Smackdown, Joey. Triple H tonight, along with all the other guys we’ve picked up over the last few weeks; Kurt Angle, Umaga, Mark Henry. Wow.

Joey Styles:
    And as we can see, Domino is in the ring right now, with his big opportunity to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match hanging in the balance. Deuce fell short earlier tonight, and it’s now the turn of his seemingly former partner to attempt to reach Judgment Day…

**LIVE FOR THE MOMENT**

It’s MATT HARDY!!!!! Matt Hardy is on Smackdown now too!!!!!

Joey Styles:
    I don’t believe this, King!!! Matt Hardy???

Jerry Lawler:
    It keeps getting better!!

Joey Styles:
    But I don’t think Domino will be best pleased to see Matt Hardy out here!! His chances of qualifying for the Money in the Bank ladder match just took a nosedive!!!

Hardy slaps hands with fans on his way to the ring, whilst Domino looks agitated in the ring, having not expected to see Matt Hardy of all people show up to face him tonight.

Joey Styles:
    And this will be a chance for Matt Hardy to get back on track - let’s not forget he only just lost the Intercontinental Championship this past Sunday at Raws Backlash Pay Per View. It’s been a rough month for Matt over on Raw, and this will be a welcome change for him, no doubt.

But Domino isn’t prepared to roll out the red carpet - he JUMPS Matt Hardy on the outside!!!!! Putting the boots to Hardy, Domino softens the new arrival up, ramming him into the ring post, before rolling Matt into the ring, demanding the bell be rang to start the match…

Match 4 | MONEY IN THE BANK QUALIFYING MATCH:
    Domino vs. Matt Hardy
    Domino continues to put the boots to Hardy once the match begins, looking to give himself as much of a head start as possible. He quickly looks to keep the pressure on Matt, and eventually goes to a headlock, trying to weaken Matt, but Hardy stirs, fighting out of the hold, and begins to fire up, rattling off a number of his patented right hands, then scores with a running bulldog out of the corner for a near fall.
    Hardy scores another two count with an elbow off the middle rope, then Domino escapes out of a Side Effect attempt, and scores with a roundhouse kick for a near fall of his own. Looking to seize the moment, Domino looks to hit his Tornado DDT, but it’s avoided by Hardy, shoving Domino off!! Matt is able to deliver the Side Effect on the second attempt, and finishes off Domino with the TWIST OF FATE; 1...2...3!!!!!
    Winner: Matt Hardy @ 05:41

Joey Styles:
    Welcome to Smackdown, Matt Hardy!! And that win sees Matt heading straight to Judgment Day with a shot at becoming Mr. Money in the Bank!!! And Jerry, you know who else qualified for that match tonight, right??

Jerry Lawler:
    Ohhh, indeed I do; Jeff Hardy!! The Hardy Boys will surely be reunited at some point in that match at Judgment Day, and we all know how much Matt and Jeff love ladders!!

Joey Styles:
    Things just got very interesting ahead of Judgment Day!!

Matt celebrates in the ring, enjoying his first night back on Smackdown, whilst it’s another night of disappointment for both Deuce and Domino, both failing to make an impact as singles stars.

Commercial Break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2tXNUJ852A
    ~ R-TRUTH ~

COMING TO SMACKDOWN …
    SOON!!

Backstage, JOSH MATHEWS is standing by…

Josh Mathews:
    Please welcome my guest at this time, Montel Vontavious Porter; MVP…

MVP enters the picture, dressed sharply in a suit, and adorned with chains around his neck, to a nice pop from the fans.

Josh Mathews: MVP, coming off such a hard fought loss last week when you attempted to win the United States Championship from Batista, you’ve now been informed tonight that you will be one of the eight men competing for the Money in the Bank briefcase at Judgment Day. Can you explain the kind of emotions you’ve gone through over these last seven days??

MVP takes a moment to think, before speaking up.

M.V.P: Look, it’s never nice to come up short in a big fight. Especially when their’s gold at stake. That’s something that’s eating at me now, Josh - eighteen months I’ve been here, and I still aint tasted championship gold. For an athlete of my calibre, that just aint acceptable. I set my goals way higher than that. But full credit to Batista - I knew it was an uphill task I faced last week, and he got the job done. No excuses outta me. I lost, he won, and yeah, after that, I felt pretty damn low…

Porters removes his sunglasses, looking Josh right in the eye.

M.V.P: But Josh, I have been blessed with another opportunity - a week ago, I had the chance to win the U.S Title … now, at Judgment Day, I have the chance to conquer the world by winning the Money in the Bank briefcase. There’s no bigger pick me up than that, Josh. You wanna know how I’m feelin?? I’m ballin Josh!!!

MVP gets himself pumped up, with Josh smiling at the energy of Porter.

Josh Mathews: And moving onto that match - the Money in the Bank ladder match at Judgment Day - it’s something you have a lot of prior experience in. For the last two years, you’ve been part of that very match at WrestleMania. Do you envisage your experience in that environment to be a difference maker on May 18??

Montel smirks momentarily.

M.V.P: Yeah, I got the scars to remind me, Josh. Two times I’ve had fingertips on that briefcase. I could feel it - I could taste it. The riches it brings, the opportunity it presents - the gold it guarantees … standin at the top of that ladder, you think it’s ALL comin your way … but in the blink of an eye …

He snaps his fingers.

M.V.P: It’s gone. It’s mayhem, Josh. You got seven other guys to worry about, and this time around, it’s real interesting. BOTH Hardys?? They know how to use a ladder. Two monsters in Mark Henry and Umaga - how the hell are they gonna adapt to a ladder match?? … Two former World Champions in RVD and Chris Jericho … then … then there’s me. MVP. Mr. 305, Half man … half amazing.

MVP tugs at his suit jacket, fixing himself, before shaking his head.

M.V.P: But there’s no half measures come Judgment Day. I’m one hundred per cent MONEY … in the bank. I’ve been close twice, Josh … come May 18, I want it to be third time lucky. And guess what?? You can bank…

MVP tails off, as THE BRIAN KENDRICK enters the picture - carrying his petition. Kendrick strolls toward MVP, with a confident smile on his face…

M.V.P:
    Keep walkin little man.

Kendrick looks offended.

The Brian Kendrick: You didn’t even give me a chance to give you my pitch!!

M.V.P: And I don’t wanna hear it. I know what you’re tryin to sell here - but I aint buyin.

MVP walks off, leaving TBK fuming. Josh Mathews then looks to leave the scene, but Kendrick stops him…

The Brian Kendrick:
    You cant surely be happy with the way that Irish fool runs this place, can you??

Josh Mathews: Well, honestly, he’s probably the best boss I’ve had. And um, I’ve got things to do right now. I have to-

The Brian Kendrick: You’re being underappreciated Josh. Finlay just takes a hard worker like you for granted. Take a seat, listen to me…

Josh Mathews: I really have places to be…

Kendrick ushers Mathews to a seat, wanting to make a pitch to him as the camera fades out…

And, elsewhere, MATT HARDY is seen being welcomed back to Smackdown by a number of lower card wrestlers … until he comes face to face with JEFF HARDY!!! There’s a pop from the fans in the background, as Matt and Jeff are reunited. The brothers then share a hug, with Jeff welcoming his brother back to Smackdown…

Jeff Hardy:
    Talk about surprises, man!! How the hell did you keep this from me??

Jeff playfully punches the chest of his elder brother. Matt smiles.

Matt Hardy: You know me, Jeff, I always like to spring a surprise or two!!

Both Hardys are all smiles.

Jeff Hardy: Well, it’s awesome to have you back here. You and I on the same show again?? Team Extreme, baby!!

Matt Hardy: I gotta be honest, as depressed as I was to lose the Intercontinental Championship last week - this feels like I’ve just got a huge weight off my shoulder. That Raw locker room has turned toxic. With Cena on top, and CM Punk doing what he has?? I couldn’t stand being around there any longer - because I was ready to do something I would‘ve wound up regretting.

Jeff Hardy: Hey, I’ve been watching, man. The further away you get from CM Punk the better. He’s not worth your time.

Matt nods in agreement, then stops. He shakes his head looking at Jeff, who looks a little puzzled.

Matt Hardy: That said though … I’m glad I don’t have to be around the guy … but there’s still unfinished business with Punk. I wanna go speak to Finlay. I gotta finish this thing with Punk - one way or another. I just cant let him and that smug face of his just get away with everything he’s done.

Jeff puffs his cheeks and looks slightly surprised, but pats his brothers shoulder.

Jeff Hardy: That’s your call, bro. In my opinion, I’d be thankful to get away from him, but if it’s something you gotta do … go get it done!!

The Hardys hug again, but as they separate and begin to go in different directions, Jeff calls back to his brother.

Jeff Hardy: But hey - make sure you get it done quick. We got a ladder match to get ready for at Judgment Day. Every Hardy for himself.

Matt smirks, and nods.

Matt Hardy: Every Hardy for himself.

Matt salutes Jeff, as the camera fades out, with Matt in pursuit of Finlays office…

Commercial Break

VIDEO PACKAGE

The video opens in an abandoned playground, where the creepy little girls are playing, dressed in white.

~GONG~

The creepy little girls sing their rhyme over flashing images of THE UNDERTAKER and KANE standing tall - together - through the years, delivering an array of Chokeslams and Tombstones, along with various cut throat gestures, both men sitting up, and both Brothers of Destruction soaring through the air at times.

“As I lay me down to sleep”

“I pray my soul is mine to keep”

“My soul can never step outside this bed”

“Never into all evil”

~GONG~

~EXPLOSION~

Darkness. Then, the voice of The Undertaker;

“Judgement Day … is upon us.”

WWE JUDGMENT DAY | MAY 18 | MINNEAPOLIS, MN
    ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW

Match 5:
    Umaga w/Armando Estrada vs. Chuck Palumbo
    This doesn’t take long. Umaga sports the scrapes from his battle with Christian at Backlash, but it doesn’t hinder him against Palumbo. To his credit, Chuck brings the fight to Umaga, but it barely makes a dent. The Samoan Bulldozer … err … bulldozes through Palumbo, going through much of his patented offence before putting the match to bet with the SAMOAN SPIKE!!! 1...2...3!!!
    Winner: Umaga @ 02:08

Umaga keeps himself strong with a squash win, whilst Styles puts over Umaga as a major threat in the Money in the Bank ladder match at Judgment Day, whilst King goes as far as to make Umaga HIS pick for victory - unable to see how anyone could stop him … as Styles points out that Mark Henry is also in the field at Judgment Day…

Backstage, KRISTAL MARSHALL is standing by…

Kristal Marshall: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time, he is the WWE Champion - EDGE!!!

There’s a big pop as EDGE is shown on camera for the first time tonight.

Kristal Marshall: Edge, tonight you’re in action against two men you know very well; The Gods of War, teaming up with the man you’ll face at Judgment Day for your WWE Championship - Kurt Angle. Not an ideal situation, surely??

Edge, agitated, fixes the belt over his shoulder, and scoffs slightly, before responding.

Edge:
    Which one?? Having to face two killers in Batista and Lashley?? Or having to team with a man who has a target painted on my chest?? Or both?? I guess both, right?? Because it’s a pretty rotten situation whichever way you slice it, Kristal. I’ll have to have my head on a swivel, because in the back of my mind, I’ll be worrying if my partner is gonna stab me in the back at any point. So - so no, no, it’s not an “ideal” situation, Kristal.

Kristal Marshall:
    Obviously. But Edge, shouldn’t Kurt Angle have to worry for the same reasons you just mentioned??

Edge accepts that, nodding.

Edge: Absolutely. I’m not to be trusted. And Kurt Angle knows that, Kristal. He’s not stupid. Kurt and I go way back - in case anyone had forgotten; I’m the reason he’s bald.

Momentarily, Edge affords himself a smirk, raising his eyebrows at Kristal, before getting back on point.
    Edge: We spent a lot of time on the road together a long time ago and we know a hell of a lot about one another - things that makes us tick, how to get under each others skins, strengths and weaknesses. But a lot has changed since that time. I’ve changed. I’m now WWE Champion. And I’m willing to do whatever it takes to protect this title.

He pats the belt on his shoulder.

Edge:
    So yeah, maybe Kurt Angle should be worried about me stabbing him in the back out there tonight. Because I sure as hell don’t want to be teaming with the guy that’s coming for MY title.

Edge pauses again for a moment, fixing the title again on his shoulder.

Edge:
    But as much as I don’t want to team with Kurt Angle … for tonight, I will. Because I don’t want Kurt to have ANY excuses at Judgment Day. I want Kurt Angle to be one hundred per cent. I want Kurt Angle at his very best at Judgment Day. I want the best Kurt Angle there’s ever been come May 18 in Minneapolis…

Close up on the intense face of the WWE Champion.

Edge:
    Because I will be the very best I’VE ever been come Judgment Day.

Fade out on the laser focused eyes of Edge…

Commercial Break

VIDEO PACKAGE

~~ KING OF THE RING; CROWNING MOMENT ~~
    BRET ‘HITMAN’ HART - 1993

Bret wrestles three stellar matches in the one night, winning the first ever (televised) King of the Ring tournament, seeing off Mr. Perfect and finally Bam Bam Bigelow in the final to be crowned King.

Smackdown returns, with Matt Hardy shown exiting the General Managers office … and as he walks away, THE BRIAN KENDRICK walks to the room from the other direction - walking straight in without knocking - and SLAMS his petition on the desk in front of Finlay.

The Brian Kendrick: Pack your stuff, Stalin - you’re outta here!!

Kendrick stands proudly in front of Finlay, arms folded. Finlay glances at the sheet, and looks back up at TBK.

Finlay: What on earth are you talking about??…

Brian taps the petition hard with his finger, smiling proudly.

The Brian Kendrick: Read it and weep, Finbo.

Finlay looks puzzled, flicking through a bunch of empty pages.

Finlay: Read what?? You haven’t even managed filled a full page of names on this… and look…

The General Manager stands up, pointing out names and showing them to Kendrick.

Finlay: Barry Horowitz?? Bastion Booger?? Waylon Mercy?? Duke Droese?? Where did you go to get this thing signed?? A time machine?? Come on.

Kendricks smile fades - quickly.

Finlay: And what about this; Mr. G String?? Miss Joy Rider?? Ann Thrax?? These are all in the same handwriting.

Finlay continues to read through the names, shaking his head.

Finlay: In fact, a lot of these are in the same hand writing. How do you explain that??

The Brian Kendrick: A lot people are related here in Moline.

Finlay: Am I supposed to take this seriously??

The Brian Kendrick: I would if I were you.

Kendrick says it with a straight face; without a shred of embarrassment.

Finlay: Supposing this even were legit. There’s barely fifty names on this. That’s hardly overwhelming support, is it??

TBK shifts uncomfortably, taking a moment to think of a response.

The Brian Kendrick: Well … most people wanted to sign it, but they felt sorry for you.

Finlay: Look … I’m gonna give you some advice. Heed this, please. Get your mind back on your career, son. Focus on succeeding in the ring - not on who the General Manager of Smackdown is.

Finlay pauses for a moment, with Kendrick refusing to look him in the eye.

Finlay: You’re a talented kid. You’re a jerk, but you’re talented. But the more time you waste on matters like this is only hurting your progression. Stop wasting an hour every night making sure your hair is sitting perfectly - get your head in the game.

Kendrick still refuses to look the GM in the eye, but responds.

The Brian Kendrick: Well … I appreciate your appreciation for the effort I put into my hair … But I know your game, Finbo. You’re worried that I’m about to put an end to your tyranny. You’d love to see me concentrate on my in-ring career, wouldn’t ya!!?

Finlay: Yes.

Kendrick is taken aback by the quick as a flash response. TBK stutters over a response, wagging his finger at Finlay.

The Brian Kendrick: Yeah … well … this isn’t over.

Kendrick then storms out of the room. Finlay rolls his eyes, shaking his head…

Finlay: Clown.

Back into the arena, and to ringside with Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler;

Joey Styles: We’re just moments away from our main event, which sees The Gods of War face the two men that will duke it out at Judgment Day for the WWE Championship; the champion Edge and his challenger Kurt Angle. But King, next week, it’s another huge main event for Smackdown. Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam meet one on one for the first time since WrestleMania when Jericho double crossed RVD.

Jerry Lawler: There’s a lot of bad blood between Jericho and Van Dam, Styles. And RVD is hell bent on giving Jericho a piece of payback for what happened at WrestleMania. He’s been chasin Jericho for weeks!!

Joey Styles:
    He absolutely has, and he has been desperate to deliver the Van Terminator, Jerry. But every time he gets close, Jericho has managed to just get away. Well next week, there will be no running or hiding. Chris Jericho goes one on one with Rob Van Dam. A chance for the two to put their issues to bed before refocusing on the upcoming Money in the Bank ladder match at Judgment Day.

Jerry Lawler:
    And what a line up we’ve got for Judgment Day, Joey!!

Joey Styles:
    Without a doubt, King!! The first stand alone Smackdown Pay Per View since December, and our General Manager Finlay isn’t leaving any stone unturned. Talk about high stakes - it’s been confirmed - Jamie Noble will put his CAREER up against the TITLE Bryan Danielson holds; the Cruiserweight Championship. If Noble loses, he RETIRES from wrestling. It doesn’t get much bigger than this, King.

Jerry Lawler:
    Jamie Noble is a desperate man, Styles. And desperate times, call for desperate measures.

Joey Styles:
    Noble has had TWO shots at Danielson and lost both times - Judgment Day is an apt name for this Pay Per View as far as Noble is concerned. He has to find a way to defeat a man who has NEVER lost a one on one match since arriving in the WWE last October. Over six months undefeated is Bryan Danielson, but at Judgment Day, Jamie Noble MUST win to save his career…

**BROKEN DREAMS**

The awesome song by Shamans Harvest (which was Drew McIntyres in real life - but it wont be here) sees Steven Richards lead out THE GODS OF WAR, who finally now have an entrance music. The U.S Champion Batista and Lashley saunter to the ring, taking their time…

Joey Styles:
    And in sixteen days, we will bear witness to what promises to be an EPIC collision. The mega tag match - The Gods of War take on the legendary Brothers of Destruction. What a match it will be, King!!

Jerry Lawler:
    I cant wait!! Batista and Lashley versus The Undertaker and Kane. Think about the body mass in the ring at one time!!!

Joey Styles:
    But tonight, it’s a different challenge altogether for The Gods of War. They face the WWE Champion Edge, and the number one contender, Kurt Angle!!!

**MEDAL**

Fresh off his win at Backlash over Mr. Money in the Bank on Raw, KURT ANGLE looks intense as ever, as he gets ready for Judgment Day … but tonight, he has to team with his future opponent…

Joey Styles:
    It’s Angle and Edge versus The Gods of War - our main event tonight - and it’s coming up; NEXT!!!

Commercial Break

Back on Smackdown, Kurt Angle is patrolling around ringside, wisely not getting inside with Batista and Lashley, as Steven Richards keeps his distance from the Olympic Gold Medallist…

**METALINGUS**

And the WWE Champion hit’s the stage, letting off his pyro, before storming down the stage, walking right past Angle at ringside, ripping off his jacket, dropping his title belt before sliding into the ring - RIGHT INTO THE FIRE OF BATISTA AND LASHLEY!!!

Main Event:
    The Gods of War w/Steven Richards vs. WWE Champion Edge & Kurt Angle
    Whilst Edge goes right into a fistfight with Batista and Lashley, Angle resists the urge, and instead climbs up onto the apron, letting the 2 on 1 fight run it’s course - with Edge naturally unable to overcome the odds against two behemoths. Eventually, Batista is ushered onto the apron, as Lashley begins to work over the WWE Champion for a period.

Batista and Lashley tag frequently as they punish Edge, keeping him in their corner, as far away from Angle as possible. Despite that, Angle doesn’t look too concerned and far from desperate to make a tag to his partner tonight - but opponent at Judgment Day. Edge bravely battles back, fighting off the Gods of War, but is cut off by The Animal before he can make a head of steam.

Edge is whipped off the ropes by Batista, but ducks down for the return, allowing Edge to kick him away, before dropping The Animal with the Edge-O-Matic. Getting to his feet, Edge gestures for a tag to Angle … but Angle doesn’t move. Kurt shakes his head and shouts into the ring at Edge; “you’re gonna find out that it‘s harder to stay on top, kid. Nothing personal, just business” … and with that … Angle casually steps off the apron … and WALKS OUT ON EDGE!!!

Boos can be heard, despite the respect for Angle - who is much more of a tweener nowadays, not afraid to pull sneaky shit like this - as the #1 Contender exit’s the ringside area. Edge isn’t prepared to have any of it though, and looks to come after Angle and get him back to the ring … but as he climbs out of the ring, LASHLEY BLASTS HIM ON THE FLOOR!!!!!

Lashley clatters Edge - taking the WWE Champion by surprise, and prevents him from confronting Angle. Lashley picks Edge up, ramming him into the ring apron, before rolling him back inside. And there, Batista is back up and running, going to work on Edge, with Angle stopping at the top of the ramp, momentarily watching as the Gods of War decimate Edge in the ring.

Showing no mercy, The Animal and Lashley tag in and out to punish Edge with the WWE Champion unable to gain any momentum or any proper offence in a glorified 2 on 1 beat down. Satisfied with what he’s seen, Angle finally departs, with no compassion for abandoning his partner. Looking to use Edge as an example for what’s to come for Undertaker and Kane at Judgment Day, the beating is prolonged for the WWE Champion, with no sign of the Gods of War letting up.

Steven Richards directs traffic on the outside, delighted with what he’s seeing, as Batista fends off an attempted fight back from Edge, cutting it off with a big Spinebuster, but AGAIN doesn’t cover!!! The Animal instead tags out to Lashley, who hammers down Edge, before DRILLING the WWE Champion with the DOMINATOR!!! Tagging Batista back in, The Animal loads up, getting Edge in position for a BATISTA BOMB…

… WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT!!!

… AND THEN COME BACK …

…WITH THE UNDERTAKER AND KANE IN THE RING!!!!!

The arena comes UNGLUED!!!!! The Brothers of Destruction are HERE and as the lights come up, THEY HAVE GOOZLES ON BATISTA AND LASHLEY … AND THEY DELIVER STEREO CHOKESLAMS!!!!! The Undertaker drills Batista, Kane flattens Lashley - THE BROTHERS OF DESTRUCTION ARE STANDING TALL!!!!! The bell rings, ending the match - but no one cares about the DQ, with the fans going berserk for the first live appearance of The Undertaker and Kane since WrestleMania.
    Winners: Via DQ - The Gods of War @ 07:50

There’s no sign of Edge in the ring - all the focus on this night is on THE UNDERTAKER and KANE. The Brothers of Destruction send a blistering message to the two men laying claim to THEIR yard, as Joey Styles goes into overdrive on commentary, selling the mega tag match at Judgment Day, whilst Kane sets off his trademark pyro from the ring posts!!!

**GRAVEYARD SYMPHONY**

The arena lights turn blue, and The Undertaker and Kane stand tall to close the show, with the Gods of War laid out - a sign of things to come at Judgment Day?? The Brothers of Destruction pose together in the ring, as Smackdown goes off the air amidst a cacophony of noise in Moline…

END OF SHOW

-----

Official Card for WWE Judgment Day:
    May 18 2008 | Target Centre, Minneapolis MI
    Theme Music; ‘Devour’ by Shinedown

WWE Championship Match:
    Edge defends against Kurt Angle

Cruiserweight Championship Match | Title versus Career:
    Bryan Danielson defends against Jamie Noble
    *If Noble loses, he will leave the WWE and RETIRE.*

Smackdown Exclusive Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
    ~WINNER HAS AUTOMATIC TITLE SHOT ANYTIME IN NEXT 10 MONTHS~
    M.V.P vs. Chris Jericho vs. Umaga vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mark Henry vs. Matt Hardy vs. *TBA*

~ CLASH OF THE TITANS ~
    The Brothers of Destruction vs. The Gods of War
    w/Steven Richards
    ~ BEING THE BOOKER ~

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Hey wolf Beast, great to see you back. Judgment Day is shaping up to be a real interesting show. Moving Matt and Triple H over from Raw are interesting moves, although for wildly different reasons. Matt adds another name to the mid card scene, no doubt he'll be after the US title before too long. But Triple H, I've no idea where he fits into all this? I thought you were winding down his career over on Raw with his old pal Michaels, but to bring him to SmackDown and seemingly fire him straight into the title picture is a bold step. No idea how you'll book this and have it all play out, but I'll defo be reading to see how it all goes.

Underdog

Status

Fingers crossed that I actually remember what’s going on here. As always, VERY glad to have you back in action.

I’ve loved every second of this Noble/Danielson feud so I have no problems with it opening the show. Early on, whilst Noble was written perfectly with his redneck mannerisms, I wasn’t sure where you were going with things since it would be a little bland if he just nagged for another title shot. The tension between these two though, and the perspective of “I dominated and you were lucky” compared to “I beat you twice” is so good. Interesting to see that it’s two faces with shades of grey because of their competitiveness. Finlay interrupting and bringing up Evan Bourne makes sense, but Noble begging him and using the retire stipulation is HUGE. It really puts over how desperate Noble is, but I still feel like maybe he should have had to beat Bourne to get it, rather than Finlay just giving up on his earlier point. Besides that though, a very good way to open the show and I look forward to ANOTHER Danielson/Noble classic.

The Brian Kendrick is hilarious in this thread. Can’t wait to see some of his interactions when trying to get signatures on this petition.

Jeff Hardy/Paul London would have been a terrific opener. Let’s be honest, these two throwing caution to the wind would be great to see. I have to admit, I was REALLY shocked with the fact that Jeff got the win. I feel as if he’s never really done anything real important in this thread, whilst London has been consistently one of the best things on the show. A real shocking result, made a little less shocking by the fact he’s probably going to Raw. After this though, I feel for him to keep his standing in this thread, he’ll need a win or two his first couple of nights on the red brand. Also, looking forward to the MASSIVE Jeff Hardy spot that will occur in MITB.

:lmao at TBK hassling fans… More details of these interactions is needed. A little disappointed we are only getting recaps to be honest.

You use the KOTR so well throughout the years I’ve been reading, I look forward to that again this year.

Absolutely LOVED this promo from Ted DiBiase. Right from being in Florida and this being his ‘Spring’ residence to the attitude he had when discussing the other Smackdown wrestlers. The idea of Ted Jr. being exactly like his dad is great. Styles getting mad and trying to plot holes in their plan was good to, but Ted was brilliant. Put over the character his son will be really well, and made us hate him already. My only thing, no marks for no cackle. Also, the whole “my Teddy” thing was starting to get a bit irritating but I almost feel like that’s the point.

Based off of the segment with Deuce and Domino hassling Finlay on Superstars, I was surprised they won’t facing each other. They are still getting punished for being annoying though, with Henry squashing Deuce. No real complaints, smart booking to have Henry look good after losing at Backlash.

Chavo Guerrero and Super Crazy getting that much heat already surprised me a little. The addition of Vickie Guerrero is a smart one though, and I’m sure it will only add to their heat gaining capabilities. As for the match itself, just like that, Los Latinos are no joke. Carlito and Kofi have been a very good team over the past few months so this is a big win for the duo. I enjoyed Vickie not just being loud and obnoxious straight away, and instead looking a little lost, before interfering. I can’t wait to see her character transformation. Nothing to special here, just a good tag match, but I’m excited for where this new partnership could go.

Damien Sandow promo was standard stuff, putting himself over and bagging the town they’re in. Very good writing but that’s not the big part of the promo. Triple H on Smackdown is a huge change, I certainly didn’t expect that. Not necessarily a bad thing, it will really help liven things up, just unexpected… Hunter makes a HUGE impact on his first night and Sandow cops a beating. Really fun segment… Also, can’t wait for Kennedy to show up here now.

Matt Hardy is another solid addition to Smackdown and will help ramp up the mid card/upper mid card. Both Hardyz being in the MITB match should make for some interesting moments, and who knows, maybe a tag team reunion? I’ll be watching this space, and geez I love draft period.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with R Truth. I’m assuming you wouldn’t just bring him in for him to be irrelevant like in real life.

MVP interview was solid enough, hyping himself and MITB match. Pretty much to be expected. Can’t help but enjoy TBK forcing Matthews to listen to his pitch, good stuff.

The Hardy reunion segment was written pretty well, generic brother stuff really. More excited for the idea of Hardy still wanting to finish things off with Punk. I think you’ve got some work to do to give us a logical reason for the match to take place. I’m not sure because Hardy wants it will cut it, since it would have to be intrabrand, something’s got to give. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Can’t wait for Judgement Day.

Squash to keep Umaga looking strong. That’s fine.

Pretty intense interview from Edge here but that suits his character to a tee. I enjoyed the little reference of making Angle bald, which shows somewhere he does still have a sense of humour. Still, good stuff, hyping Judgment Day and tonight’s main event.

Completely off topic, but fuck I love Bret Hart!

:lmao at some of the names Kendrick had on the petition, the old jobbers and what not, that was great. Finlay finally getting serious and complimenting TBK was a nice progression of this angle, but TBK still doesn’t listen. Another fun segment, I enjoy these every single week, definitely a highlight.

Main event was awesome as well, mainly due to the ending, but I’ll get to that. The intensity and eagerness of Edge was put over well, with him just sliding straight into the ring. He’s such a bad ass. Angle refusing to make the tag and walking out was shocking. I know you said he’s kind of a tweener, bur I kind of disagree. He’s felt like very much a face since WrestleMania. Anyway, it adds heat between Edge/Angle which is a good thing. Edge obviously cops a beating from here, and the appearance of Taker and Kane before the killer blow was fantastic. They get one up on the Gods of War to further hype JD. A perfect way to end the show.

This show was well worth the wait. It took awhile to get here, but as usual, I enjoyed it tremendously. SD has changed so much with the draft and I look forward to seeing it continue. Judgment Day has a DAMN good card shaping up as well. Keep up the great work, and don’t make me wait as long between shows.

People's Champion

Status

Smackdown

- Great opening segment to the night with Noble and Danielson. Noble putting up a worthy argument for a rematch, Danielson being open to fighting anytime to Finlay laying down the law were all natural and progressed the story well. I also enjoyed that Noble would do anything to get his shot at the title whilst Bryan remain erm 'noble' in trying to refuse to end his career. Should be an interesting encounter and part of me wants you to pull the trigger on Danielson losing the title.

- Ahhh Kendrick. I forgot about this little gem of a storyline. I don't see Kendrick removing Finlay from power by petition. Surely there's a match down the line between these two.

- So after Kendrick we get London!!! Right choice for Jeff to go over. No point there being a MITB match if you are going to leave one of the biggest spot takers/makers out of it.

- Big Million Dollar Man fan and that interview was priceless. I loved how he shot down Styles and his attempts to scrutinise his son. Excited for young Ted's debut in the tournament now.

- Mark Henry makes the expected win to get into MITB.

- Reminder of BoD versus GoW makes me really happy to be getting back into these storylines.

- Vickie Guerrero enters the fold. Quiete debut for her initially but her presence was felt and I'm pretty sure she won't be frogettable for long. Nice way to bring her into the fold and give Los Latinos a little boost too.

- Triple H's debut was done very nicely. Be intriguing to see where he goes next and who he ends up ina feud with.

- Matt Hardy!!! Great idea to bring him over to SD and get him into the MITB match alongside his brother. Reunited? Divided? Friends? Enemies? We shall see. Also wondering if Punk is going to become a factor in the MITB match after Matt's comments.

- MVP feels like the winner of the MITB to me. The monsters, The Hardys and the guys who've already scaled the mountain are unlikely to win in my opinion. That leaves MVP as a good possible winner. Loved him brushing Kendrick off and enjoyed Kendrick pestering Matthews. Nice interivew all round.

- Umaga squash!!! Nothing to see here!!!

- Awesome main event. Edge's interview foreshadowed that Angle would not feel the same as he did and when he walked out on Edge I figured that something else would happen. Cue the Brothers of Destruction. Great way to finish the show and I'm keen to see what happens with this Goliaths vs Goliaths battle as well as with Triple H's involvement in the title scene. Would love for him to take tha final MITB spot.

Overall a great show from top top to bottom. Not sure I agree on you recapping from now on as I feel your shows capture better in full form but I'll be reading for sure. Keep up the good work.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm so glad to finally be caught up on this thread. I skimmed some on WF, but I never truly got into it. But after reading the summary, WrestleMania, and then the fallout---this has to be one of the best BTB's I've ever read. The attention to detail is brilliant, and the storylines are well-written and imaginative. Unfortunately, I had a whole review written out before posting this...but trying to put an emoji on this refreshed my page and destroyed my emoji. Sigh, I'll do a short one for now out of pure laziness. Onto my first review of a BTB:

- I loved the Danielson/Noble segment. Two well-developed characters with differing types of advantages over one another (Noble dominating Danielson but not being able to put him down) and unmatched passion for the Cruiserweight title. The weight of Noble putting his career on the line makes their match coming up even more imperative for the two. Love it.

- TBK is my soulmate. I hope to see him worm his way into the Smackdown MITB match and win the briefcase somehow.

- Hardy vs London is exhilarating. A fantasy match for sure and one of my favorites of all time going over. Can't go wrong here.

- Million Dollar Man is on point. I hope Jr. makes it to the semifinals of the KOTR tournament and possibly feuds with whoever beats him (maybe Matt Hardy???)

- Mark Henry squash is a Mark Henry squash. Can't wait to see him barreling over people in the MITB match.

- Matt Striker is marking out somewhere. Vickie Guerrero is an AMAZING introduction in the series, and will propel Chavo and Crazy to great heights. I don't see her making out with Edge though....maybe Orton will step in instead

- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME! This gave me flashbacks to RAW 1000 irl when DX ran over Sandow. Even though it was just Triple H this time, it was still great.

- MATT FREAKIN' HARDY! The acquisitions keep getting better. I love that he's in the MITB match with Jeff. If he doesn't feud with Ted after KOTR, I would love to see a Hardy Boys reunion.

- MVP was so underrated in real life. He could have done so much more. Glad to see him in MITB as well as there's a very solid round up. Plus, MORE TBK YAS.

- Backstage segments were great. I especially loved that Matt surprised Jeff coming to SD. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite Jeff in the ass and the two can refrain for betraying each other like irl.

- Umaga squash is Umaga squash. I want to see him and Mark Henry face off in MITB....and maybe have a feud....maybe.

- Main event was the shit. I could vividly imagine GOW coming down to Broken Dreams (will McIntyre have his current badass theme?) and kicking Edge and Angle's ass. Angle abandoning Edge sends Edge a clear message on his priorities; and the faceoff between GOW and BOD will be EPIC. I love it when big dudes just beat the shit out of each other, and when it's guys of the magnitude of Kane, Undertaker, Lashley, and Batista; then it's gonna be GREAT.

As always, Smackdown was great. The worst parts were probably the squashes, but they're a necessary evil so I can't even paint them as bad. They're key in developing stars. Keep the good work coming, and I plan on giving much better reviews as I actually gain BTB experience.

Backyarder

Status

Monday Night Raw | May 5 2008 | Los Angeles CA

~ TONIGHT; JOHN CENA DEFENDS THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP … AGAINST AN OPPONENT OF HIS CHOICE … !!

Opening Video

PYRO

**AINT NO STOPPIN ME**

Shelton Benjamin
    kicks off the show, a week on from his thrilling win on Raw, defeating Americas Most Wanted in a handicap match. J.R puts The Black Diamond over, saying in any logical world, there wouldn’t be a ‘Champions Choice’ title match tonight - it would be Shelton Benjamin challenging John Cena, but unfortunately, Ranjin Singh is in control … and John Cena is pulling the Interim General Managers strings it appears.

And that’s exactly the point Shelton Benjamin makes when he gets in the ring. Shelton reminds everyone of the title match tonight, with John Cena being allowed to handpick who he defends against, but says “there‘s no decision to make - I held up my end of the bargain last week … that title shot is MINE!!!”

Benjamin reminds the fans that he held up his end of the bargain last week by beating BOTH Harris and Storm in a handicap match, and after EARNING his shot, he wants it - TONIGHT - and challenges Cena to “be a man” and give him the shot he deserves.

**MEET YOUR MASTER**

Instead of Cena though, Benjamin sees BRENT ALBRIGHT interrupt his promo. Mr. Money in the Bank enters the ring, telling Shelton to step aside, claiming that the title shot shouldn’t be wasted on a B-level talent like Benjamin, and that instead, Cena should pick the toughest challenge to his title; Brent Albright.

Benjamin makes the point that Albright already has the Money in the Bank briefcase, but The Ace of Spades argues that he wants to win the championship without relying on the briefcase, going on to say; “I won this briefcase at WrestleMania and I‘ve got it for an entire year; I shouldn’t be locked out of the title picture because of that.”

Albright then throws a barb that he’s done a lot more to earn a shot at the title than Benjamin, reminding Shelton he missed most of the last four months because he was injured, “and in that time, myself, Charlie and Nick have put Raw in a stranglehold - all we‘re missing is the World Heavyweight title.”

**HATE ME NOW**

Finally, The Champ - The Man In Black - enters the scene, and almost instantly dismisses both mens claims for a shot at the title, firstly telling Albright that “the only guy with a stranglehold on this show is the guy with the strap - not the goof with a briefcase. You want this, grow a set and cash that Halliburton in.”

Cena then reminds Benjamin HOW he defeated Americas Most Wanted last week - thanks to the interference of Christian - and decrees that he doesn’t think that kind of win warrants a title shot, once again saying Benjamin isn’t worthy of a shot. The Champ then looks to dismiss speculation that he’ll pick an ‘easy’ win tonight, and claims that he wouldn’t devalue his title like that.

In a mocking manner, Cena says he wants to give back to the fans tonight, and give them a challenger they’d all get behind. He touches on the date - May 5 - and sees that many in the crowd have been celebrating ‘Cinco De Mayo’ and questions who would be more fitting for a title shot on this night than the ‘Mexican Warrior’ … REY MYSTERIO!!!

The fans obviously pop - Shelton Benjamin is obviously pissed, and so too is Albright - whilst J.R immediately points out on commentary that Rey Mysterio is INJURED following the Heart Punch he took from Garrison Cade last week and HAS NOT been cleared to compete tonight - and J.R claims that it’s not a secret and something John Cena is WELL aware of

Footage cuts backstage into the catering area, where a large portion of the roster are watching - waiting to see who Cena would choose, and REY MYSTERIO looks SHOCKED at the choice. The East Coast Party Boys are first to congratulate Rey, whilst the Hart Legacy also pat him on the back, but in the corner of the room, Garrison Cade - the man who BEAT Rey a week ago - tips over a table in fury. Rey doesn’t know what to do, given his condition…

Back in the ring, Shelton - clearly pissed - calls Cena a coward for not picking him, and says he hopes Rey beats him tonight so Raw can finally have a “real man” holding the belt, “and not some pussy like you!!!” Benjamin slams the mic down, not hiding his frustration, as Cena merely laughs off his comments; he doesn’t care what Benjamin has to say.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Backstage, Tiffany catches up with REY MYSTERIO to question him about his reaction to being chosen by Cena tonight, and touching on his condition. Rey confirms that he wasn’t cleared for action tonight by the WWE doctor following the Heart Punch he took from Garrison Cade last week, “but Tiffany, I‘ve waited my whole career to be World Heavyweight Champion - I CANT turn this down.”

Mysterio admits that he knows why Cena picked him - he sees Rey is less than 100% and has a chance to humiliate him on Cinco De Mayo - but Rey says Cena will regret picking him tonight, promising to shock the world and hold the World Title at the end of the night. At that point, RANJIN SINGH appears, followed by VLADIMIR, informing Rey that if he intends to accept the title shot tonight, he will have to sign a waiver due to his injured chest.

Rey immediately signs it, and once Singh walks off, Shelton Benjamin walks into Rey. Benjamin admits he isn’t happy for Rey - believing he should be challenging Cena … but does wish Rey luck, telling Mysterio to “wipe that smile off his face.” They shake hands, with Rey telling Shelton he’ll do just that, before promising Benjamin the first shot once he’s champion.

Back into the arena…

Match 1 | WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH:
    The Master Craftsmen vs. Cody Rhodes & Ken Doane
    A rare heel/heel affair, but it’s Rhodes and Doane who have to dip into the bag of heel tricks, as they find it tough to keep up with the tenured veterans and champions. Haas and Dinsmore take the young challengers to school early on, but the team known as the ‘New Standard’ are no pushovers, with Rhodes and Doane able to rise to the occasion and make a fight of it.

With both teams being out and out heels, there’s no long heat sequence on either side, with both teams getting out of trouble by out cheating the other. Haas hit’s the ropes and Ken Doane places a well hidden knee to his back, with Charlie stumbling into the path of Cody; CROSS RHODES!!!!! Cody hooks the leg - but Dinsmore breaks the count, and then takes a swipe at Doane on the apron - as the match turns into an all out brawl.

All four men get involved in the fight, but it’s the challengers on top, with Haas still weary off the Cross Rhodes, and Haas is put down again, with Dinsmore sent to the outside, as Doane takes a tag … and sets himself for the big top rope leg drop off the top - BUT HE GETS SHOVED OFF BY DINSMORE!!!!! Cody comes after Nick on the outside … whilst in the ring, Haas recovers to deliver the HAASTILE TAKEOVER on Doane!!! Cover, 1...2...3!!!!!
    Winners: And STILL World Tag Team Champions - The Master Craftsmen @ 08:13

Haas and Dinsmore retain the gold, knocking back the challenge of the up-and-coming tandem of Cody Rhodes and Ken Doane. There’s little reaction either way, with the fans unable to get behind either team … but the Master Craftsmen have solidified their spot atop the food chain in the tag team division on Raw…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

THE MIZ is shown entering RANJIN SINGHS office, questioning; “you asked for me??” Singh nods, and Miz proceeds - smiling as ever, expecting to receive praise for his recent exploits. However, it’s not good news for The Miz, as Singh revisits his match with Colt Cabana last week - something Miz says “I don’t want to talk about that. I had a terrible case of food poisoning last week. Plus, that guy didn’t really fit the profile of the type of guy I‘m looking for as a challenger.”

Singh tells Miz it isn’t something that’s up for debate - informing Miz that Hardcore matches cant end by anything other than pinfall or submission … and he walked out last week. “And after consulting the official rule book … that match never actually ended last week.” Miz doesn’t like what comes next, as Singh informs him that he’ll have to finish his match with Colt Cabana - tonight.

In a pre-taped promo which happened after Raw went off the air last week, Christian sends a message directly to John Cena. Captain Charisma says he knows it was Cena that attacked him at Backlash, and what happened tonight (remember, this was taped after Raw LAST week) was NOTHING compared to what he wants to do to Cena. “I keep saying it, and I‘ll KEEP saying it; John Cena - I‘m not going ANYWHERE. You WILL have to deal with me eventually - man to man.”

Match 2:
    Kid Kash vs. Hardcore Holly
    The veteran, Hardcore Holly is drafted from Smackdown, appearing on Raw for the first time since the FIRST EVER brand split six years ago, as the draft season enters it’s final week. It’s not a happy return to Raw for Holly though, as despite a hard fought contest, he is defeated by the smaller man - with Kid Kash continuing to impress since moving to Raw himself from Smackdown - picking up his first win on Monday Night Raw with the BANKROLL on Holly for the 1...2...3!!!
    Winner: Kid Kash @ 04:44

Kash celebrates his first win on Monday Night Raw, whilst Hardcore Holly cant hide his frustration at losing, having been given a big opportunity to make an impression after spinning his wheels for so long on Smackdown over the last four years…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

Clip of Bret Hart rolling up Bam Bam Bigelow to win the King of the Ring tournament in 1993.

“I‘M THE BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE WAS, AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE”

Narrator: It has given the platform for champions to establish themselves.

Clip of Owen Hart being crowned King of the Ring in 1994, as we hear him yell over it.

“I‘M THE KING OF HARTS!!!”

Narrator: It has immortalized greats forever.

Clip of Stone Cold Steve Austin winning the 1996 King of the Ring tournament, with the sound bite over it.

“AUSTIN THREE SIXTEEN SAYS, I JUST WHIPPED YOUR ASS”

Narrator: It ushered in the birth of a new attitude.

Clip of Triple H having his hand raised in 1997.

“THE KING OF THE RING!!!”

Narrator: Stars have been born.

Clip of Kurt Angle dropping to his knees in victory in 2000.

“IT‘S TRUE, IT‘S TRUE”

Narrator:
    Legends have been made.

Clip of Brock Lesnar having his hand raised in 2002, as we hear Paul Heymans voice over the top.

“THE NEXT BIG THING, BRRRRROCK LLLLLESNARRRRR”

Narrator: Careers have skyrocketed.

Clips of Mister Kennedy with the crown in 2006, Edge with his trophy in 2001 and Brent Albright a year ago, over a sound bite of Brent during his victory speech…

“NOW THAT I’M KING OF THE RING, YOU PEOPLE ARE GONNA SIT UP AND NOTICE WHAT I’M CAPABLE OF!!”

Narrator: The King of the Ring tournament has provided some of the most memorable moments in sports entertainment history, and on Saturday, June 23, 2008 … a new King will be crowned, in the home of royalty…

Clips of London, Buckingham Palace, Beefeaters etc…

Narrator: Once again, the King of the Ring tournament climaxes on NBC, with quarter finals, semi finals and the grand final. One rising star will eclipse all others…

Quick clips again of the prominent former winners.

Narrator: Which superstar will use the King of the Ring tournament to follow these legends, icons and immortals into the pantheon of greatness??

Match 3:
    Nick Nemeth vs. Burchill w/Katie Lea Burchill
    Burchill has the upper hand thanks to the outside interference from his step-sister, following a blistering hot start from Nick Nemeth. Nemeth has the support of the fans, especially after an impressive debut on Raw - in defeat to Brent Albright - last week after being drafted from Smackdown, but that’s not enough to get the better of the aggressive Brit, who roughs Nemeth up on the outside and distracts the official to allow Katie to put the boots to Nemeth too.

Burchill - getting a rare appearance on Raw himself - looks to make the most of the opportunity with a variety of near falls, but cant put away his dogged opponent, clearly determined not to go 0-2 on Raw. Nemeth fights back, and gets the crowd livened up with his entertaining offence, scoring a LONG two count off the Famouser. He then sizes Burchill up for the jumping reverse bulldog finish he has used - but Katie provides another distraction!!!

The distraction allows Burchill to avoid the move, and he sets up for the devastating Curb Stomp - but Nemeth manages to avoid it, and quickens the pace again, delivering a picture perfect dropkick which sends Burchill into his step-sister, knocking her off the apron … and Nemeth then follows up with an ALMIGHTY leaping DDT, drilling the Brit into the mat!!! It’s something Nemeth has not done since moving to the main roster last summer, but it’s enough for the 1...2...3!!!
    Winner: Nick Nemeth @ 06:27

It’s a good win for Nemeth as he looks to establish himself on Raw, and he debuts an impressive new finish in the process - an incredibly brutal DDT. He has his arm raised in victory, with J.R announcing that Nemeth will be one of the 32 men to be part of the upcoming King of the Ring tournament!!

Before Nemeth can leave the ring though, the MASTER CRAFTSMEN approach down the aisle, applauding the efforts of Nemeth. Nick looks puzzled by their presence, and the trio - with Haas and Dinsmore fresh off their win earlier in the night - join Nemeth in the ring, offering him a congratulatory handshake, which he sportingly accepts.

Albright gets the mic, and gets to business, telling Nemeth they were impressed with him last week, and even more tonight. Albright says that the Master Craftsmen are looking to expand their operation, and say with his credentials and his amateur background, Nemeth fit’s the bill of a Master Craftsman, going as far as to offer Nemeth a spot in the group!!!

Nemeth takes a moment to think it over, which already raises the ire of Albright, telling Nemeth; “what’s to think about, kid?? This is a no brainer.” Nemeth though isn’t so sure, and says he’s got a fresh start on Raw - and he wants to stand on his own two feet, rejecting the opportunity to join the group. Albright is shocked and offended, saying to Nemeth; “I knew you were a bit naïve, but I didn’t take you for a fool … but I guess everyone gets the odd one wrong. So if you aint with us … you‘re against us.”

And instantly, Haas and Dinsmore attack Nemeth!!! The Master Craftsmen put the boots to Nemeth, punishing him for rejecting them - and after a hard fought match already, Nemeth has no chance of putting up a fight against three men. The tag champions hold Nemeth up, as Albright gets ready to nail him with the MITB briefcase…

WHEN THE ANGELS OF ANARCHY HIT THE RING!!!!!

Christopher Daniels and Doug Williams - long time rivals of the tag team champions - come to save Nemeth, and wielding chairs, it’s enough to run the trio off, high tailing it out of the ring before the Angels of Anarchy can use the chairs. Albright, Haas and Dinsmore leave up the ramp, telling Williams and Daniels they’ll pay for sticking their noses in their business again, whilst the duo help Nemeth back to his feet…

The footage switches backstage, where PAUL HEYMAN is shown walking, looking smug and happy with himself following the devastating return of Brock Lesnar to Raw last week, with The Coach hyping having Heyman on the Playas Club … NEXT!!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Back from the commercial, The Coach is in the ring, and goes through his usual opening spiel for The Playas Club, before replaying the footage from last week, when Brock Lesnar appeared for the first time since WrestleMania, being drafted to Raw, and savagely assaulting Shawn Michaels - the man who defeated him at the Showcase of Immortals.

Coach then brings out Heyman - sans Lesnar - and as ever, sucks up to his guest, telling Heyman how wonderful it is to have him and Lesnar back on Monday Night Raw. Heyman enjoys the praise from Coach, and states that he’s happy to be back on Raw permanently as it gives him and his client - Brock Lesnar - the opportunity to settle some old scores.

That brings the conversation back around to WrestleMania and the last time Brock Lesnar was in action. Coach - still sucking up - tries to play it up as Shawn Michaels getting lucky on the night, but to Heymans credit, he cuts Coach off and dismisses the notion that Michaels ‘got lucky’. Instead, Heyman praises the performance of HBK in Phoenix, and concedes that “on the night … the better man won.”

Cheers are heard - a rarity for Heyman - but they soon dissipate as Heyman follows his last sentence with; “but Shawn Michaels was better once … and once only … but NEVER again.” Heyman explains how the loss at WrestleMania has been eating away at Lesnar, and whilst Brock’s main objective on Raw will be to once again reign as World Champion, he has to prove that WrestleMania was an aberration.

Coach looks to put the dots together and asks Heyman; “does that mean that you‘re throwing down the challenge to Shawn Michaels, to go one on one with Brock Lesnar??” Heyman nods in response, and follows up, telling Coach that until he rectifies what happened at WrestleMania, Brock Lesnar wont even entertain the notion of facing anyone else - regardless of who it is, of what‘s on offer.

With that, Coach notes that HBK is here tonight, then decides to invite Shawn Michaels to the ring, “if he has the guts, of course … but he‘s probably hiding in a dark room somewhere, praying to the lord above that last week was a bad dream.” Coach and Heyman wait for a few seconds, and just as it seems Shawn wont answer the call to come to the ring…

**SEXY BOY**

Limping - selling the damage he suffered at the hands of Lesnar last week - onto the stage, Shawn Michaels makes his way to the ring. Once inside, Coach applauds HBK for actually coming out here to answer Heyman … “but I guess that decision was a lot easier with Brock Lesnar not around here tonight.” Michaels shoots a glare at the cocky, grinning Coach, before turning his attention to Heyman; “you wanted to see me??”

Heyman then makes his pitch, firstly giving Michaels his just dues for the performance he gave at WrestleMania to defeat Lesnar - telling Shawn he, nor Lesnar is making any excuses for what happened - Shawn Michaels beat Brock Lesnar at his best at WrestleMania, and the only mistake Brock probably made was underestimating The Showstopper.

{/SECOND HOUR}

Michaels nods, and mouths to Heyman; “you got that right, pal.” Heyman continues to lavish praise on HBK, claiming the WrestleMania victory was a greater accomplishment than anything Michaels had ever achieved before; better than going sixty minutes plus against Bret, greater than his 2002 comeback to defeat Triple H, and showed more fortitude than even when headlined WrestleMania after he broke his back in 1998...

“…at WrestleMania, you beat Brock Lesnar. But Shawn Michaels … can you do it again?? Or … was it the last hurrah of a phenomenal career. A final flourish, one last surge from a battered, worn down war horse, who rolled back the years one last time. That‘s what I want to know, Shawn. That‘s what Brock Lesnar wants to know, Shawn. … That‘s what these people want to know, Shawn…”

Heyman reiterates how much that loss at WrestleMania has been eating at Lesnar, and states that he has never seen Lesnar as focused or as determined as he is right now as he looks to rectify the WrestleMania loss. Heyman repeats that Shawn beat the best version of Brock Lesnar at Wrestle Mania … but promises that Brock is going to be even better than that the next time they meet. “But Shawn Michaels … will you accept my clients challenge for a rematch??”

Michaels doesn’t respond - despite the prompting from the fans who want to see Lesnar vs. Michaels II, and with Coach also trying to goad him - but instead has a look of concern etched on his face. Shawn turns to look to the fans, listening as they urge him to say yes … and a smile emerges on the face of Heyman, sensing the concern from Michaels over the prospect of going to battle one more time with Lesnar.

After milking the moment, Shawn turns his focus back to Heyman … and … shakes his head?? The Showstopper mouths; “No” … before meekly turning on his heels, and departing the ring in a hurry, much to the disappointment of the fans in attendance. Despite the rejection from Shawn, Heyman still smirks, seemingly enjoying seeing Michaels cower to the challenge of a Brock Lesnar rematch, as Michaels - head bowed - limps up the ramp, departing the scene…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

After a brief recap of the previous segment - and with Coach making chicken noises on commentary - J.R throws to Scott Stanford backstage with Colt Cabana…

Stanford proceeds to interview the newcomer following his official debut last week in the chaotic Hardcore title match, which still hasn’t officially ended. Colt Cabana introduces himself to the watching audience, giving the fans a little bit of his background in the business, before recapping that he was hired to follow The Coach around and document his training ahead of the Royal Rumble in January, which led to him getting a shot at The Miz last week.

Cabana then reveals that following last weeks match failing to end, Ranjin Singh offered him a full time contract on Raw, with Singh fearing that Colt may sue the company after his Hardcore title opportunity was never completed. Colt talks to Stanford about how he has dreamt of getting to the WWE all of his career and never thought it would happen - and admits that it probably wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for last weeks incident, but he intends on grabbing the opportunity with both hands tonight and taking the Hardcore title from The Miz.

Match 4 | WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Gail Kim vs. Beth Phoenix
    It’s been a long time coming for the former champion, but finally, Beth Phoenix has her one on one shot at the Womens Championship after months of been overlooked and passed over or having to share her one and only shot with someone else in a triple threat match. The two premiere women on the roster don’t disappoint either, putting together an impressive display, with Gail fighting from underneath against the dominant challenger.

Beth, knowing how long it’s taken for her to get this shot, isn’t taking any chances, and doesn’t take her eye off the prize for a second, impressively controlling the match - with J.R suggesting the challenger was the favourite to win coming into tonight’s match - but Gail isn’t willing to go down without a fight, and her quickness helps make the contest competitive. Gail dropkicks Beth through the ropes, and follows that with a SUICIDE DIVE!!!!! Both women are down as Raw heads into a commercial break…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

And back live, Beth is back in charge, working over Gail in the ring, contorting the champions body like a pretzel, but she cant put her away, with Kim refusing to stay down. Beth looks for her Phoenix Rising finish {Glam Slam}, but Gail rolls through, nearly stealing the win herself with a roll up, and then almost catches Beth with the EAT DEFEAT … but Phoenix blocks it!! Beth then scores with a Death Valley Driver … 1...2...NO!!!!!

Gail kicks out, much to the chagrin of the challenger, who proceeds to punish the champion in the corner, ignoring the referees five count to break. Eventually, the official has to forcefully drag Beth away. Jimmy Korderas sternly warns Beth he’ll DQ her, but Beth shoves him away and goes back to Gail in the corner - but the champion fires back with forearms out of the corner, before charging Beth into the opposite corner.

There, the champion wails on Phoenix, with the referee again having to interject himself into proceedings, now warning the champion. Beth then grabs Gail by the hair, tossing her into the corner, and chokes the champion, with Korderas breaking the choke, but he’s now caught between the pair, and both Gail and Beth swing wildly at one another, with the referee caught in the crossfire. The two women spill to the outside, with Korderas worse for wear - and he calls for the bell!!!
    Winner: Double DQ @ 10:02 - Gail Kim retains Womens Championship

On the outside, Gail and Beth are too focused on one another to listen to the bell being rung, and Phoenix overpowers the champion, tossing her into the steps with authority. Beth rolls Gail back into the ring, and is only then made aware that the match has been thrown out by the official when he refuses to make a count for her pinfall attempt.

Phoenix stands back up, asking for an explanation, with Korderas telling her the match is done … leading to Beth gripping the official by his shirt, and tosses him across the ring!! In her rage, Phoenix stomps the official - furious that he’s brought an end to her title shot - and drags him up, HITTING KORDERAS WITH A PHOENIX RISING!!!!!

Beth departs the ring, but eyes Gail - who has since rolled to the outside to recover - and shouts back; “WE‘RE NOT DONE YET, GAIL!!!” as she backs up the ramp, livid that her long awaited title shot has ended in a farce…

Backstage, CM PUNK - with his Intercontinental title sitting comfortably on his shoulder - walks with a smirk, as J.R informs the watching audience that he has just been told that CM Punk is on his way to the ring … Next.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

VIDEO PACKAGE

Shots of Shawn Michaels soaring through the air with his picture perfect elbow, and delivering Sweet Chin Music from a variety of angles, talking over the top of it…

“It‘s not glory I‘m after.”

Clips of CM Punk hitting his GTS and showing his sinister smirk as he narrates the next line.

“I don’t want your adulation.”

The Master Craftsmen all enjoying success, with Albright talking over the top of clips of the three of them beating on helpless opponents, and Albright winning at WrestleMania.

“And I don’t need anybodies respect.”

Flashing images of Beth Phoenix dominating other women in the division, slamming countless divas with the Phoenix Rising.

“They can steal the show; I want something more.”

John Cena walking to the ring at WrestleMania, with a backdrop of “CENA SUCKS” posters, whilst he cranks on the STFU.

“Cheers?? I don’t want any of that.”

Shots of Shelton Benjamin in action, flying off the ropes, hitting various big moves.

“But Vengeance…”

Each of Michaels, Punk, Albright, Phoenix and Cena speak…

“Vengeance-”
    “Vengeance-”
    “Vengeance-”
    “Vengeance-”
    “Vengeance-”

And end on Christian - as he looks up, directly into the camera;

“…Will be MINE.”

WWE VENGEANCE | JUNE 15 | SAN DIEGO, CA
    ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW

CM Punk is in the ring
    , and after a few barbs at the reception he received tonight in L.A, he moves on and feigns that he’s sorry to see the former Intercontinental Champion Matt Hardy get drafted to Friday Night Smackdown; “and just before I could grant him a rematch for this title I took from him at Backlash … awww shucks!!”

Smirking at getting under the fans skins, Punk tells them not to worry, “because it seems Matt Hardy must‘ve stamped his feet hard enough, because I just got told a little earlier that Matt and I will be meeting on neutral territory for a Falls Count Anywhere match … next week on Superstars of all places!! … but don’t worry people … MY Intercontinental title will NOT be on the line.”

Punk claims that he would never denigrate the historic championship he holds by defending it in such a low-rent type of match where the contest could end in the ring - or in a broom closet, but has no problem in meeting Hardy in such a match - promising to send Matt packing to Smackdown once and for all, and teases that he may take Matt Hardy out of the building next week and finish the match right by the garbage; “where washed up Matt belongs.”

Feigning sincerity again though, Punk proceeds to wish Matt luck over on Smackdown - along with the injured Greg Helms - claiming it should suit his career trajectory, “because everyone knows, Smackdown is beneath Raw. Smackdown is where careers go to stall … or DIE. And let‘s face it, Matthew … you‘re career has already been stalling for the last five years anyway … so it‘s time for you to fade away into the night.”

**STAY IN SHADOW**

The fans in Staples Centre come alive for tonights second draftee from Smackdown to Raw; PAUL LONDON!!!!! London stuns the fans in L.A, and instantly, J.R puts London over with his accomplishments whilst on Smackdown over the last three years … and now, he’s part of Raw for the first time in his career!!! Punk looks frustrated at the interruption, and glares at London as he hit’s the ring.

London reaches to the outside for a mic from ringside, with Punk trying to step in, saying to Lillian Garcia, “don’t give him a mic!” … but she does anyway, much to Punks dismay. London - realising he has upset Punk - asks if anything is wrong, with Punk abruptly asking; “what do you want??” London chuckles at Punk, and says “that’s not the kind of welcome Raw’s newest draftee expected!”

The fans pop for the confirmation that London is now on Raw, and the Golden Boy goes on, telling Punk he heard what he had to say about Smackdown, saying tongue in cheek, “if my career was stalling on Smackdown, I cant wait to see how I succeed here on Raw!!” Still angry, Punk quips that London wont find things as easy on this show, leading London to challenge Punk to back up his words.

London recalls his successes over on Smackdown, and, playing up to Punks earlier comment about Smackdown being inferior to Raw, says Punk probably isn’t too impressed with his accomplishments… and Punk nods in agreement. London - having trapped Punk then follows up with a smirk… “If you‘re so sure Smackdown is beneath Raw, you wont mind giving me a shot at that Intercontinental title over your shoulder, will ya??”

Punk laughs off the suggestion, immediately shooting London down. Punk tells the newest face on Raw that he doesn’t pay a whole lot of attention to Smackdown, “so I‘m not too sure what kind of operation they run over there … but here, on Raw … you EARN a shot at a prestigious championship like this one!! And I wouldn’t devalue my gold by handing out a title shot to a no-talent hack like you.”

The I.C Champion then suggests that London enjoy his moment on Raw tonight, “because I imagine you‘ll not get many more opportunities on this show to impress.” Punk then departs the ring, and while he walks away, London pipes up one last time, apologising to Punk, saying he must’ve been confused, “because the way I recall it, you didn’t do anything to EARN your shot at that title.”

Punk stops in his tracks on the ramp, and momentarily thinks about turning back around, but laughs the comment off and proceeds to walk away, whilst London smiles in the ring - happy to have seemingly gotten under the skin of the Intercontinental Champion on his Raw debut…

Moving to ringside, J.R and Coach comment on the debut of London, before hyping tonight’s main event still to come, with Rey Mysterio earlier signing a waiver to challenge John Cena for the title. With the camera then switching to Rey preparing backstage, J.R hypes the importance of Cinco De Mayo for the Mexican community, noting a big number of Latino fans in attendance tonight in L.A, but also notes that Cena - off the back of ending Ric Flairs hopes for a final World title at Backlash - has handpicked Rey, wanting to humiliate him on this special day, knowing Mysterio isn’t 100% tonight.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

VIDEO PACKAGE

‘THE KING OF HARTS’ OWEN HART - 1994

Owen follows in the footsteps of his elder brother, winning the same tournament Bret won a year prior. Owen would defeat Tatanka, 1-2-3 Kid & Razor Ramon on his way to victory, and during his coronation, Owen would proclaim himself as the ‘King of Harts.’

Match 5 | HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    The Miz vs. Colt Cabana
    Picking up from where they left off last week, Miz and Cabana engage in another mess of a match, with Miz taking Colt much more seriously than he did a week before, but he still finds himself taking the beating. Cabana scores a near fall off a 2x4 shot to Miz, and as Colt sets up a table, Miz crawls out of the ring to safety. Cabana eventually follows, but as he catches Miz on the stage, Miz rakes the eyes, and rams Colt into the LED screen on the stage.

The fight spills backstage, with Miz sending Cabana through a door, leading to the kitchen area, and Cabana throws flour in the face of Miz, and scores will a school boy, but Miz kicks out at two. Cabana dumps three dozen eggs onto Miz, and as the reality star tries to find his feet, the slippy floor works in his favour, as he slips - just as Colt looked to waffle him with a rolling pin. Miz shoves Cabana across the worktop, through a succession of pots and pans.

Miz then burns his own hand on the cooker, with Cabana taking him down, and stomping on the burnt hand. Colt then turns the oven on, and looks to shove Miz head into the oven, but Miz elbows free, and escapes from the kitchen area, slamming the door on Colt as he follows after him. Holding his hand in agonizing pain, Miz tells the referee he’s had enough, begging for the match to be called … but it cant be.

On the verge of tears, the reality star sees Cabana hot on his tail, and with no interest in fighting on through the pain, Miz spots a tricycle, shoving the referee away, and gets on the trike … AND CYCLES AWAY!!! Cabana gives chase, but cant catch Miz, who rings the bell on the tricycle, yelling at people to move as he hightails it out of the building and into the L.A night … the Hardcore title match STILL unfinished!!!
    Winner: No Contest {???} @ 7 days, 3 minutes and 11 seconds

Back in the arena, the fans boo, whilst J.R is less than amused at what has transpired. Coach tries to cover for Miz, claiming the reality star suffered third degree burns and needs emergency medical assistance. “But, I thought he was Hardcore, Coach??” is the retort from J.R … and Coach is left without a comeback, claiming to be more concerned with The Miz physical condition.

J.R then transitions, stating that the absurd Hardcore title match can be settled at another time - because there’s the small matter of a World Title match still to come tonight; NEXT. We get the split screen of Rey and Cena, both making their way down the hallway - Rey looking focused and fired up … Cena looking relaxed and overconfident. Again, J.R mentions that Rey was NOT cleared to compete tonight, but he couldn’t turn down the opportunity to challenge for the richest prize in the game.

Quickly transitioning to next week, J.R and Coach announce two big matches signed by Ranjin Singh; a rematch between Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix for the Womens title, and a tag team turmoil match to determine the next #1 Contenders for the World Tag Team titles.

**BOOYAKA 619**

Rey Mysterio hit’s the stage to a MASSIVE reaction from the fans on Cinco De Mayo, as J.R states he couldn’t think of a more fitting date for Rey Mysterio to finally capture the elusive World Title he has been battling for for over a decade … and his moment of truth, is next.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

With Rey in the ring, Cena then makes his entrance, before the big introductions are made, with the fans rising in anticipation for a World Title match, and a clear crowd favourite in L.A on this special night…

Main Event | WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio
    And from the get-go, John Cena dominates. Mysterio - struggling with his chest injury - cant even use his speed and quickness to find an advantage in the early going. The Champ goes straight to work on the target area of Mysterio, pounding the chest of the challenger, beating him into the corner, and stomping a mudhole - right through his chest. Instantly, Rey is gasping for air, clutching his chest … not a good sign.

Almost a carbon copy of his title match with Ric Flair at Backlash, Cena dominates the contest and soaks up the hatred from the fans, enjoying his merciless assault on the challenger - and he doesn’t even seem to be in a hurry to finish the match, not even considering a pin attempt in the early going, despite some clear openings to do so. Rey refuses to give in, but it appears to be a fruitless challenge, being at a disadvantage before even considering his chest injury, and unable to put a dent in the champ with some weak attempts of offence.

Cena mocks the fans, choking Rey in the ropes as he chews them out, then throws Mysterio out of the ring, before continuing the beating on the outside. He removes the padding on the floor, then lifts Rey for a suplex … but delivers a front suplex instead, slamming Reys chest off the exposed floor!! Back in the ring, Cena attempts his first cover of the match - a foot on the chest - which Rey JUST manages to kick out of.

Cena then sends Rey off the ropes, but misses two clothesline attempts - before Rey rebounds with a HEADSCISSORS TAKE DOWN!!!! Rey gets a brief hope spot, getting in some of his offence, but it’s soon cut off by Cena, who turns Rey inside out with a vicious clothesline. We head into the final commercial of the show, with Cena looking absolutely dominant, and J.R stating that IF the match ends during the commercial, we’ll see how the end unfolded.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Back live, Rey is fighting a bear hug, and escapes with a hat trick of jaw breakers … and manages to get Cena into the ropes - in position for the 619, but as he swings around the ropes - Rey is caught … and Cena carries him back out of the ropes, throwing Mysterio up onto his shoulders … looking for the FU … COUNTERED INTO AN ARM DRAG … RIGHT BACK INTO THE ROPES!!!! Second time lucky - REY SCORES WITH THE 619!!!!!

Mysterio tries to fight through the pain, and attempts the WEST COAST POP … BUT CENA COUNTERS WITH A POWERBOMB!!!!! 1...2...NO!!!!!! Cena is shocked at the kick out, and proceeds to plant Rey with consecutive slams, letting out his frustration. The Champ then climbs to the top rope, seemingly for his top rope leg drop … BUT REY HIT’S THE ROPES … AND CENA STRADDLES THE TOP ROPE!!!!! Rey summons the strength to meet him up top … AND DELIVERS A SUPERPLEX TO THE CHAMP!!!!!

{/OVERRUN}

Both men are down, and Mike Chioda begins to administer his ten count … when BRENT ALBRIGHT comes SPRINTING down the aisle …

…WITH THE MONEY IN THE BANK BRIEFCASE IN TOW!!!!!!

There’s a massive reaction inside the Staples Centre, as Albright hits ringside, surveying the situation as he decides whether or not to cash in his title shot. Brent climbs up onto the apron, taking a long look at the briefcase … but before he can make his intentions clear … ALBRIGHT IS TRIPPED OFF THE APRON …

BY SHELTON BENJAMIN!!!!!!

The Black Diamond cuts Albright off, then ducks under a briefcase shot from Mr. MITB, and nails Albright with a big right hand!! Albright backs up, and Shelton then sends him over the barricade!!! Benjamin, wanting to make sure Rey gets a fair shot at the title, chases Albright through the crowd, ending his chance of cashing in. In the ring - despite being the recipient of the superplex - Cena is up first, and watches as Shelton chases Albright off, smirking at the situation - getting an inadvertent assist from Shelton.

WHEN REY DROPKICKS CENA FROM BEHIND … INTO THE ROPES!!!! Rey, somehow summons the energy, one more time, as he looks for another 619 … AND CONNECTS!!!!!!! Cena is all over the place, as Rey gets set to springboard off the ropes … but as he does … Cena GRABS CHIODA … and Rey crashes into the official instead!!!!! Rey cant believe it … but Cena instantly catches him … FU!!!!! Cena then turns Rey over … STFU!!!!!

The challenger is quickly fading … but there’s no referee!!! Cena bellows for a ref, with Rey seemingly fading out in the STFU, passing out in the hold … with The Champ shouting again for another referee … and the fans EXPLODE … with CHRISTIAN coming through the crowd, and into the ring, grabbing the World Title belt on his way - unbeknownst to Cena … and smashes the title off the skull of Cena whilst still applying the STFU to Rey!!!!!

Staples Centre is going berserk, as Christian drags the woozy champion to his feet … and BLASTS Cena - right between the eyes - with the World Heavyweight Championship!!!!! It’s utter bedlam … with Christian dragging the lifeless body of Mysterio on top of Cena!!!!!!! The former champion departs the ring, his job done - with Rey out cold too … but a three count away from becoming World Heavyweight Champion!!!!!

Christian walks up the ramp, looking pleased with his actions - revenge at last on Cena it seems, departing through the curtain - until GARRISON CADE hit’s the ring; he too having arrived through the crowd - picking Mysterio up, and to a chorus of boos, he plants Rey with the devastating HEART PUNCH!!!!! Cade gives Chioda a shake, and leaves the ring himself … as Cena slowly crawls onto Rey … draping an arm over the lifeless challengers body … with Chioda making the agonizingly slow count … 1...2...3!!!!!
    Winner: And STILL World Heavyweight Champion - JOHN CENA @ 13:25

Deflated, the Staples Centre is momentarily eerily silent … before boos rain down on the ring, with John Cena retaining the title, all thanks to the timely interference from the slighted, jealous, Garrison Cade. Cade backs away through the crowd, whilst Christian bursts back from behind the curtain, stunned at what he’s seeing, having assumed Rey had it won.

In the ring, Cena stumbles to his feet, worse for wear … but STILL World Heavyweight Champion, having had a potential Money in the Bank cash in averted for him, and a timely assist from Garrison Cade when it looked like the title had slipped from his grasp.

On the stage, Christian stands, hands on hips, watching as Cena stumbles into the ropes, selling the effects of the two title belt shots he took earlier … whilst it’s heartbreak AGAIN for Rey Mysterio; another dream crushed by John Cena, on such a special occasion…

END OF SHOW

*Raw banner credit; OBEY
    *Vengeance banner credit; Gards Jr
    ~ BEING THE BOOKER ~

Underdog

Status

John Cena getting to defend the title against an opponent of his choice? Awesome. I figured he’s just CBF defending the belt at all, but the fact he has the authority in his pocket at this point of time should make for an interesting selection. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Not sure if this is following an angle from last week’s Raw (I don’t think it is), I honestly can’t remember. Either way, should be fun.

Opening the show with Benjamin making his claim for a title shot is fine, based off of what occurred last week. Winning that handicap match should probably warrant him to something. Albright getting involved is great, and I like the fact that he came out by himself. It shows that when it comes to the World Title, he’s the only one of The Master Craftsmen who matters. Both these guys were okay on the mic, but even in this recap form, Cena seemed like he blew them out of the water. This is good, went from a solid opening to a damn fun opening, especially considering what’s up for grabs. I thought maybe there could have been a little more back and forth after Cena put both men down, but instead he picks Mysterio. Wow. Cena is such a dick. The pick with Mysterio being injured and the day it is, and even being in California, is all sensational booking. Really can’t fault this opening segment, did its job of making the title match later tonight seeming like a huge deal. Props for the mention of Garrison Cade being furious in the back as well, as you mentioned just the other day, it’s the little things that count.

Rey Mysterio taking the title shot despite being 100 percent is exactly what any respectable babyface wrestler would do. The added factor of having to sign a waiver is fantastic, making Singh look like a terrible authority figure. Shelton/Rey interaction was okay as well. Further hype for tonight’s main event even if we all know Rey has no hope.

A good title defence for The Master Craftsmen. A little iffy on the all heel against heel title match, with not a whole heap of build, however this is great for The New Standard to rub shoulders with the champs. Can’t complain too much, did its job, champs look good.

Finally we actually see Ranjin Singh do something the fans would appreciate. He finally stands up to a heel, although I guess it doesn’t really count when it’s The Miz, who’s a bonafide joke. Miz’s excuses were standard, but another match with Cabana sounds great.

A little Christian interview just to remind us that he still hates Cena and will not stop until he gets him is fine. Intensity as always from the former champion, nice job. I’m really intrigued to see how long you will keep these two apart for and what will occupy Christian in the meantime. Such a well booked feud over the course of the last two years. Probably one of the best ever.

I’ve enjoyed the booking of Kid Kash since he’s joined Raw, because without winning, he has probably still increased his standing in the thread… Plus, it’s quite obvious I’m a huge fan going off my ECW thread. Glad to see him finally getting a win here. Holly is such an underwhelming draft pick by the way, but considering the amount of big names that have moved so far, a dud had to appear at some stage.

Can’t believe we still have to wait another month for KOTR…

In a pretty similar vein to Kid Kash, Nemeth looked fantastic in losing to Albright last week. This week he picks up a really good win over Burchill, who as far as I’m concerned is some credible competition. Good stuff, this draft seems to be really building up Raw’s mid card.

I’m not sure how I felt about The Master Craftsmen offering Nemeth a spot. It’s an easy way to build a feud throughout the mid card which is fine, but I felt like it was rushed. With the year TMC have had, getting a spot in that group should be a real accomplishment, and with how highly they think of themselves, I just can’t see them being that impressed after only two weeks to offer Nemeth a spot. Like I said though, I do get the angle and the sure fire feud with the rejection, and then The Angels making the save. Should be a cracking 6 man tag match sometime soon, but I didn’t completely feel this.

Paul Heyman hyping up Lesnar being back on Raw was fine, and as usual, he does an awesome hype job for whatever it is Lesnar will be doing… And it seems that will be chasing a rematch with Shawn Michaels. Everything Heyman said was brilliant, leading to HBK coming out. I marked out for the arrogance of The Coach when Shawn first appeared. Heyman’s promo continued to be great, really trying to urge Shawn on, however I was very shocked with the response… Just a straight up no. Very unexpected and Shawn looks scared… A really great segment and I can’t wait to see where this goes, because surely Shawn won’t duck Lesnar for long. Although this is a really good twist on things considering how badly HBK was trying to get the match in the build up to Mania.

Decent enough interview from Colt Cabana. Normally the whole threatening to sue things would come off a little week for me, but Ranjin Singh is so inexperienced that it works. Was a solid enough intro however some bad mouthing of Miz after just running away probably could have been included.

Finally seeing Gail and Beth go at is great. Beth’s path of destruction recently has been phenomenal to follow. I’m glad to see these two girls got so much time, however I initially was shocked to see a match of this magnitude happen on Raw. The Double DQ works quite well with Beth’s current character, keeps both looking strong, and makes the case for a future PPV match. Well booked match, I really enjoyed this. Beth looked like a beast yet again, taking out both the ref and Gail.

Vengeance poster looks cool.

It’s funny, before this CM Punk promo begun I was wondering what he would do now that Matt Hardy has gone to Smackdown. Them getting one more match is great, however considering that match is a rematch of a PPV, seems strange to have it on Superstars. Oh well. Anyway, Punk basically running down Matt and SD was great, and lead perfectly into Paul London making his Raw debut. I think everybody expected this after you basically gave it away on the last episode of SD. I laughed at Punk trying to stop Garcia from giving London a mic, that was great. The back and forth was quite good between both, and London’s line about Punk not earning a shot was fantastic. I really enjoyed this as an opening interaction between the pair and I look forward to more. Really good stuff.

RIP Owen.

I can’t help but just laugh at this whole Hardcore title match. The whole Miz title reign has been hilarious and it continues here. Highlights are Miz burning himself, and then Colt trying to stuff Miz into the oven. The riding away on a tricycle was sensational as well… I can’t believe that after 7 days, 3 minutes and 11 seconds we still don’t have a winner. Looking forward to more of this, fun stuff.

I didn’t necessarily expect Kim/Phoenix rematch to be announced for next week, but I’m damn sure looking forward to it.

Cena’s such an asshole and you sold that as well as you always do throughout this match. Of course Rey has an out, showing resilience despite his injury. The fake cash in was an entertaining moment further building Albright/Benji after earlier tonight, whilst Garrison Cade and Mysterio will now surely have a rematch. Poor Christian, he failed again. A cheap way for Cena to win in the end, but it’s fine because he dominated most of the contest anyway. Good main event.

Honestly, I didn’t realise this was going to be such a big show. Four title matches on the show is MASSIVE. Really good in ring action, and a really fresh looking mid card here tonight. I enjoyed this show, it was really good as usual, even if Raw maybe does now feel a little light on star power.

People's Champion

Status

RAW REVIEW

Great start to the night with Benjamin and Albright both putting valid reasons in for why they should be the one to get the shot... only for Cena to give a valid reason to why neither should get HIS shot. Cena picking Mysterio was the obvious coward way and helps build Cena further as the chicken shit that he's become.

Nice solid win for The Master Craftsmen to show why they are the pinnacle of the tag division. Doane and Rhodes will have their day... someday.

I liked that Ranjin put Miz into the same match as last week... to be continued eh?

Christian is Edge at his best in this thread and I love that he has purpose. Everybody wants... and maybe needs Christian to be the one that dethrones Cena. Wondering what role Christian might play in tonight's World Championship match.

Always enjoy the King Of The Ring tournament. With it actually meaning something here I'm highly intrigued by who will get the big rub from winning it this year. CM Punk or Garrison Cade looks like a good bet.

Good segment with The MAster Craftsmen and Nemeth. I'm liking the little interlude into a six man feud and I expect that Albright and Nemeth will have a match or two. Should be a great way to keep Albright busy AND boost Ziggler's standing in the upper card of the red side.

Very good promo work on Heyman building up a potential Lesnar/Michaels match-up. I like that Lesnar refuses to face anybody but Michaels and also that Michaels refused the challenge. I can see Lesnar might have to go to desperate lengths to get Michaels in the ring again. Only downside is Michaels/Lesnar will always be the match that people talk about the night it goes on.

So Kim/Phoenix will continue. I can dig that. Loved Phoenix giving Korderas the Phoenix Rising too... what a wimp!!!

Paul London replaces Matt Hardy on RAW then. Interesting to see Punk/Hardy take place on Superstars rather than at a PPV but I guess that it will have to suffice. My only gripe on RAW at the moment is the plethora of heel champions from Cena, Miz, Punk and the Craftsmen. A lot of champs looking to get their comeuppance.

Miz and Cabana hahaha would be a sight to behold Miz riding a trike

I'm expecting The Angels Of Anarchy to win turmoil whilst Kim/Phoenix should be another battle... although perhaps it should have been made into a No DQ match after tonight's finish.

Chaotic finish to the night with Cena toying with Rey Mysterio until it all went down!!! Nice little interludes with Albright looking to cash in, Benjamin stopping him (sounds just like what happened on my RAW recently) before Christian and then Cade made their presence known. Torn on what this means for Albright and whether he will feud with Benjamin or Nemeth in the near future. Cena and Christian will be a sure thing whilst Mysterio and Cade will resume their little feud that started when Cena handed Mysterio the shot earlier tonight. An immensely booked main event and it has left a lot of questions and a few grudges to be answered too.

Overall a very enoyable show. Feel that I can't predict too much of what's going to happen in the future which is only a good thing. Excited to see what happens next in the Cena/Christian and Lesnar/Michaels stories. Keep up the great work.

Backyarder

Status

WWE Superstars | May 7 2008

Grisham and Striker open the show, which tonight sees a Wrestle Mania (pre-show) rematch, as Natalya & the Hart Legacy face Americas Most Wanted & Michelle McCool in a six person tag match.

In Smackdown action to kick the night off, The Caribbean Connection of Carlito & Kofi Kingston defeat Sonjay Dutt & Daivari @ 06:18. It’s a bounce back win for Carlito and Kofi following their loss to Los Latinos last week on Smackdown, finishing the match with their BackCracker from Paradise double team move on Dutt.

Next up, The East Coast Party Boys defeat a pair of local jobbers, as Ryder and Hawkins gear up for next weeks tag team turmoil match to determine the next #1 Contenders in the tag division. Ryders ‘Rough Ryder’ finishes the contest @ 02:14 to give the Party Boys some momentum.

VIDEO PACKAGE

‘THE KING OF HARTS’ OWEN HART - 1994

Owen follows in the footsteps of his elder brother, winning the same tournament Bret won a year prior. Owen would defeat Tatanka, 1-2-3 Kid & Razor Ramon on his way to victory, and during his coronation, Owen would proclaim himself as the ‘King of Harts.’

Following the video package, our commentary team of Grisham and Striker proudly reveal that NEXT WEEK on Superstars - in addition to the big Hardy vs. Punk Falls Count Anywhere showdown - the brackets for the 2008 King of the Ring tournament will be revealed!!

Back in the ring, Evan Bourne - one week on from believing he had secured a Cruiserweight title shot after winning a six pack challenge - is in action, taking on the man he pinned in last weeks main event; Elix Skipper. It’s another win for Bourne as he continues to make his case for a future Cruiserweight title opportunity, finishing off Skipper @ 06:26 with the Air Bourne finish for the 1...2...3.

Then, in the main event, Americas Most Wanted & Michelle McCool team up against The Hart Legacy & Natalya, locking horns for the first time since their inter-gender match up on the WrestleMania pre-show. Striker and Grisham use the match as a chance to hype next weeks tag team turmoil match on Raw - a match in which both the teams here will be involved - and the match here gets plenty of time to build.

In the end, the scheming ways of AMW & McCool is unable to overcome the youth and promise of Kidd, Harry Smith & Natalya with the Hart trio securing victory @ 11:07 when the men hit the Hart Attack on Harris. Following the match, the Hart Legacy stand tall, with Striker and Grisham hyping next weeks show on Superstars which will not only see the 2008 King of the Ring brackets, but also, the conclusion of the Matt Hardy - CM Punk rivalry in a Falls Count Anywhere match.

END OF SHOW

*I'll be posting Smackdown early next week. Thanks for the feedback as always, gentlemen, and I'll be looking to return some comments in the next few days.
    ~ BEING THE BOOKER ~

Thread Information