Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Fantasy Basketball 2016-17

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: Fantasy Basketball 2016-17

Why didn't you stop that trade then? Don't sit on your hands, then try and punish the people later because you didn't do something earlier.

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Because it happened when I wasn't around for a few days and I've never dealt with or thought anything like it would happen. It's unfortunate that trust was misplaced. Next year I'll make sure to put a more official rule right up front so it won't be an issue.

Still very disappointing to see. And for the record even though Yeez & Jon may have said otherwise but I don't even buy this one as any sort of fair or balanced trade either, even Phil Jackson wouldn't touch it. Gortat on his own would be somewhat fair for Ross & Dirk, though I guess the guy averaging a double double on the season is underrated for some reason around here. Kawhi should never be dealt in a trade like this, like everyone already knows. But I'm not worried about it because I know this kinda thing has a way of coming back around and Lucas is gonna lose out in the end, so no big deal.

T-Ross is an awful player & if anyone truly thinks he'll be a difference maker for a month on end you're crazy.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

So don't take recent trends into consideration when trading. Got it. Also before you check people's trading you might want to get people who stick around for the full season, then you might have a leg to stand on when you pretend this league has integrity to defend

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Zero is doing the best for this league and any league he sets up. I rather have him as the leader of this league than anyone on this forum, so take it easy bro.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    Zero is doing the best for this league and any league he sets up. I rather have him as the leader of this league than anyone on this forum, so take it easy bro.
    I'm not saying Zero isn't doing the best he can, I'm saying there's no reason to pretend like this league has integrity, it isn't an attack on Zero.

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Dirk has had 3 of his last 4 games be under 22 FPP, the 50 point one that elevated his stock (24/10) was a clear outlier. Ross & Beverly are fringe players at best on being rosterable. Ross has big games every now & then, that's not breaking news. Things won't be better for him in Orlando. Gortat's been a consistently good C all year and I know because I had him, at the absolute worst as good of a piece as Dirk going forward, & way better than Ross, so I'm confused at these "recent trends" that make this all worth giving up the #10 overall fantasy scorer this year. Even if he were to miss the entirety of the last 2 weeks of the season it would be a hilariously lopsided trade from a logical standpoint.

Doom going nutso & a couple of others not keeping up not only isn't my fault as HoHo said, it also has nothing to do with justifying these trades and playing cheap this way.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by GIROOOOUUD!!! View Post
    I'm not saying Zero isn't doing the best he can, I'm saying there's no reason to pretend like this league has integrity, it isn't an attack on Zero.
    I've known you SS from what 6 years and you're one of the smartest guys here I can say that. Which means you can sneak in an insult or two on the low key and some people who new to you might not see it

This league has plenty of integrity, if people want to quit that's cool life gets in the and all, but hey were all doing this for fun anyways.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 03-02-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Dirk has had 3 of his last 4 games be under 22 FPP, the 50 point one that elevated his stock (24/10) was a clear outlier.
    So we're going to willfully ignore that I put Nerlens Noel's acquisition as another reason why I wanted Dirk? Deal. Plus, since he moved, Dallas itself has been playing well, which of itself lends to Dirk playing well in the future as well.

Ross & Beverly are fringe players at best on being rosterable. Ross has big games every now & then, that's not breaking news. Things won't be better for him in Orlando.
    My PG situation itself is laughable, I regret trading away John Wall, but I also thought people would be responsive to trade offers, and they absolutely weren't. I wanted to try and move just about everyone on the team for new players. Beverley at least consistently plays on one of the best teams in the league.

Ross is literally being used in Frank Vogels offense in the same way Paul George was when he broke out in Vogel's offense in 2012-13. Plus with only him and Fournier as the scoring wings, it leaves a lot of shots to be taken by him. Ross might not pan out, if he doesn't that's my fault, but it's a risk I was willing to take over Kawhi, especially since like I stated, Pop has a penchant for benching players in the playoff run, and with their playoff spot virtually locked, i wouldn't be surprised to see Kawhi get his minutes cut, or not even dress. I think that Kawhi is great player, and had this trade happened two months ago, I would absolutely agree that it's one-sided and laughable, but things have changed.

Gortat's been a consistently good C all year and I know because I had him, at the absolute worst as good of a piece as Dirk going forward, & way better than Ross, so I'm confused at these "recent trends" that make this all worth giving up the #10 overall fantasy scorer this year. Even if he were to miss the entirety of the last 2 weeks of the season it would be a hilariously lopsided trade from a logical standpoint.
    This is Gortat's first season that he's averaging over 32mpg, and I'm still not a big believer that he even maintains that level of production. I would put Gortat and Dirk on the same level. Ross is better than you think, so it's understandable why you're confused. If Kawhi misses the last two weeks, it probably won't be laughable, It was a risky trade either way, and if you want to blame anyone for fixing the season it's me, as I'm the one proposing trades since literally no one else will.

Doom going nutso & a couple of others not keeping up not only isn't my fault as HoHo said, it also has nothing to do with justifying these trades and playing cheap this way.
    You know what does justify these trades?

Everyone who signed up with a real email gets these emails, where they can veto the fucking trade guess what didn't happen? No one paid attention, or no one cared. If me trying to have fun at the end of the year and take risks is playing cheap, I'll just remove myself as the owner of the team. Especially if you'd consider undoing a trade when the league literally​ gets to vote on every trade.

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

Stuff about Beverly on up: Fair, though I don't think Dirk is nearly as in for a jump forward nor Ross is any sort of piece. But that's okay, one of us will be right & wrong on those and that's no big deal. (Even though Gortat HAS averaged 32mpg twice in his career and averaged at least 13/9 FOUR TIMES so your pessimism doesn't ring true to me) still this all goes out the window when the trades between the two of you in February where Lucas has turned:

Zach LaVine (already out for the season on the 7th when his trade occurred), Beal, DeAndre Jordan, Dirk, Ross (who he had just signed from waivers 4 days prior, he was yours for the taking), & Beverly

into

Devin Booker, Aldridge, Jimmy Butler, John Wall, Ingram, Gortat, & Kawhi.

All from you in the course of February. You're not stupid nor the worst owner in fantasy history. You know that's not at all balanced. No trade review either. (Though that & the no deadline was a glitch on ESPN's part which I'll try & get resolved)
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I'm not defending the first trade at all, I'm surprised that went through, Peep and I joked about how no one would pay attention to it, and lo and behold, only Jon commented here about it. So the first trade, I fully admit is indefensible.

No deadline I thought was weird, but I was rolling with it either way.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Im pretty confident with a healthy team. The only moving parts Id allow myself were the scrubs that Ive rotated in and out all season. Of course injuries are hitting me now with Durant and Parker which is regrettable and may ultimately cost me but Ive got the best team in the league whilst injury free (though Yeez and Peep can debate that lol).

I got trades but Im a reluctant trader and thats just a matter of my personality not wanting to risk ruining something thats working or at times not wanting to lose on a long term payoff.

Either way, definitely disappointing some people arent keeping up and tbh I was one of those guys last year but decided to genuinely pay attention this year to prevent the perpetual repeat of Peep crownings.

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

I'm still not happy about it at all but I'd rather you have the guts to admit what you did than another whack "explanation". Ultimately it's in the past anyway, we're just gonna move forward. All I can say is I'm actively rooting for your loss, Lucas. One way or the other.

Considering 7 of the 10 teams are still in playoff contention and 2 of the other 3 have made trades in the last week (& Nash who is in China, which sucks because he's always one of my favorite guys to play with but I can't put too much heat on him) I'm not losing much sleep over the state of the league's participation atm. If we can get Nash (or a suitable replacement) & a full year of Mike then I think things can be pretty great up & down.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I mean the second trade is a real trade that was made to be fairly high-risk high-reward for Peep when it comes to relying on a Spurs player for playing time in games that don't matter. It might work out in my favor, it might not. It's not a whack explanation just because you don't accept the facts of Ross being in the George role and Dirk's stock going up now with him being at the 5 and Noel being an energetic 4.

I can say that after this exchange there's an absolute 0 chance I play next year.

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SS
    I mean the second trade is a real trade that was made to be fairly high-risk high-reward for Peep when it comes to relying on a Spurs player for playing time in games that don't matter. It might work out in my favor, it might not.
    Yes, and yet you still did the first trade anyway.

It's not a whack explanation just because you don't accept the facts of Ross being in the George role and Dirk's stock going up now with him being at the 5 and Noel being an energetic 4.
    It's a whack explanation because it still doesn't justify Kawhi or Gortat being moved imo, even if all this comes to pass. (Dirk possible, I would put Ross at a below 10% chance of being anything worth bragging about) But yes good "facts" on Gortat never playing 32 mpg before and your doubt on him.

I can say that after this exchange there's an absolute 0 chance I play next year.
    Sorry I caught you in doing something dishonorable then countering your suspect & ill-advised hoops arguments.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

eh not worth it.

apologies for dropping my team, was a rash and stupid decision.

feel free to restore my team and remove me as owner.

thanks for playin, y'all.
    Last edited by Suntan Superman; 03-03-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

There won't be any removing of anyone or anything like that. Just to update after SS went a little looney tunes for a second and dropped his team, to his credit he came to me straight up and asked him if I wanted him back for the year and i said of course. I can only just say me & SS have gotten heated in the past and I didn't think this was that much different and like I told him in the SB, I know I can be just as much of a dick as anyone so no fingers pointed on my end. I'm sorry things went a little far, all that stuff's water under the bridge and hopefully there's no hard feelings.

Even more sorry to the rest for not checking on the trades thing sooner, it's not the first time ESPN's done this FTR so it sucks but I'm taking extra special care from here on. My bad. I've managed to set the deadline for next Wednesday so there won't be any playoff shenanigans and we're gonna not have a Fantrax year 1 situation in the final. Hope the 7 still alive & even the eliminated 3 can have fun these last few weeks.
    Last edited by Zero; 03-03-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

I believe in yeez

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

So... did Peep quit?

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

I sent a PM, will see what I can do & try to figure things out.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Might be premature to say this but I think Yeezy's locked it. Durant, Parker, Covington, Nurkic all out. Westbrook is dropping 80 points a game at this point. And tonight Kerr decided to sit Iggy and Green while D-Loading was sat too.

Can't compete with this.

Still 7 days left so for sure anything can happen but I'm not very hopeful

Thread Information