Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifa 17 Discussion Thread

When the black man talkin

Status

Re: Fifa 17 Discussion Thread

Was 5-0 on Weekend League to start with and then got paired with Bateson87

Got beaten 3-0, but strangely I thought I defended pretty well. Couldn't create shit against him though. Was reduced to long shots. His Gullit was absolutely everywhere and his front trio (TOTY Suarez, TOTY Ronaldo, TOTY Messi) always found the bit of space they needed.

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Coming Soon

Status

I'm playing like shit. Can't muster any passes together. I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I'm not getting frustrated, I'm just playing my normal game but creatively I can't think of any way of scoring goals. Which is annoying because all week I've been working on my finishing, so when I get chances I'm really clinical with them, but I can't get those chances. I genuinely think I've been unlucky to be paired with a lot of very very good players too.

Neymar is a really odd player to use. He's phenomenal against idiots, but anyone with half a brain can shut him down for the game. So in the weekend league I've found him largely ineffective, so I think I need to do some emergency changes. I'm thinking of moving Suarez back up front and getting FIF Isco for my CAM position. His stats look just like Mertens/Dybala, and his stamina is fixed with his IF boosts.

Prices have absolutely plummeted too. My team isn't worth shit anymore It's now worth about 2m coins, which - by comparison - last week it was worth 3m. Thankfully the rest of the market is in the toilet too!

EDIT:

A formation change and personnel change and things have turned around nicely for me. Gone on a 7 game winning run since picking up 90 Isco and Veron (selling the Pog to free up the cash). Veron is 300k at the moment and Ronaldo is under 1m Prices are in the toilet!

Gone back to 4-1-2-1-2 (2) as well because I wasn't doing well defensively and I needed to tighten things up.

Current team:

GK: Neuer
    LB: Alaba
    CB: Boateng
    CB: TIF Sokratis
    RB: SIF Piszczek
    CDM: Vidal
    CM: Veron
    CM: SIF Thiago
    CAM: FIF Isco
    ST: SBC Suarez
    ST: Ronaldo

Only slight disappointment is Thiago isn't really doing much of anything for me at the moment. But he's the only player that fits the system in terms of chemistry for now, and he's not playing badly, just not amazing atm.

I still don't feel like I've played particularly well in my 7 game streak. But I'm much happier now than I was before.
    Last edited by Shock; 04-22-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Status

God, I wish the prices hadn't dropped so much. I don't want to sell my team because I won't get value for money for it, but the prices are just going to continue to sink until TOTS. I had a nice idea for a Belgian team which I could afford but there's no point right now.

I don't actually know how I can improve my squad beyond what it is. Maybe swap Isco out for Messi and go 4-3-3 (1) then switch in game to 4-1-2-1-2 (2) with Messi as CAM and SBC Suarez and Ronaldo up front. That could work and it would keep everyone on 10 chem. Or if Messi gets an IF CAM this week I could save up for him, though he'll cost an arm and a leg for him at least until TOTS comes out.

Status

Lost all motivation for the game now. Liquidated my entire club apart from my main team and it's still not worth shit anymore. And to top it off I don't have anything spare to do SBCs anymore, so that's even worse. The price crash has really killed my motivation for the game because I've lost an obscene amount on high end players like Ronaldo. And while people might say "yeah but all the other prices have fallen" but Ronaldo dropped over 500k and is still dropping. That's a monstrous dip.

No idea what to do anymore. Can't be bothered with the weekend league for more and more shit rewards week after week. I'm getting better at the game but I'm not progressing because all the shit casuals are leaving meaning that every game in the weekend league is a pain in the arse and tough as hell.

TOTS is around the corner and prices are just going to hit rock bottom. I think it's best to cut my losses and sell up and see if I want to re-buy my team later. Might build just a cheap squad out of my untradeables at this point, I don't know.

I'm 26 wins from Elite Monthly, which I'll try and power to this weekend, after that I'll sell up and put down the game for a while because it's not fun to look at my club and see how much I've fucked up these last few weeks.

Ole!

Status

Gone back on today as sorted out my live and whatnot, not had too bad a run, won 3 out of 5 so can't complain, about normal for me, still never qualified for the weekend league.

RIP Bradley

People's Champion

Status

I'm starting to enjoy my current team although I'm stuck on who to push into CDM as an upgrade on Allan/De Rossi.

Handanovic

BD Abate - Bonucci - TOTT Koulibaly - Sandro

CDM

BD El Shaarawy - SBC Parolo

BD Candreva - SBC Giovinco - SBC Insigne

Ive looked at NIF Nainggolan, IF Joao Mario, IF Bonaventura and SIF Brozovic and they all have their positives and negatives. Might try out the cheapest and move up if it don't work out.

Status

Nainngollan is the best value for money mid in the game (along with Dembele). The perfect all round midfielder.

I've sold up and built this untradeable team:

GK: Butland
    LB: Rose
    CB: Smalldini
    CB: IF Keane
    RB: Walker
    CDM: SBC Fernandinho
    CM: Dembele
    CM: Rooney
    CAM: De Bruyne
    ST: Dybala
    ST: OTW Higuain

With Suarez, Neymar, Kante, IF Gayle, POTM Kane, SBC Can, IF Martial to play with on the bench too.

Bye bye Ronaldo You are the greatest, and I will miss you so much. When your prices fall once again, I will buy him back. Final stats
    214 games, 227 goals, 92 assists.

People's Champion

Status

Yesterday Nainggolan was mid 20k yesterday now he's mid 40. I'll wait till he drops again.

Trying out Mario due to his Med High work rates

Status

Solid start to the weekend league, not playing any worse with my current team than my old team. Loving De Bruyne - I've mostly only used him in drafts but I like him a lot. Think I might build a team around the IF version of him.

I'm currently sat on 2.1m coins and I think that will be that until TOTS and prices drop even more. I'm still aiming for Elite monthly for April because the IF rewards are pretty good, though it's mostly 94 Hazard, 91 De Bruyne, 90 Dybala, 88 Benteke, 87 Kompany, 85 Alonso, 85 Herrera for any potential Belgian team I want to make (and Dybala just because his 85 version is so good). Knowing me, I'll pack 86 Martial since I got untradeable versions of both his other cards!

Right now I'm thinking this is something similar to what I want to make once prices drop:

GK: Courtois
    LB: SIF / TOTS Alonso
    CB: IF Kompany
    CB: TOTS Vertonghen
    RB: IF Florenzi
    CDM: TOTKS Dendocker
    CM: IF De Bruyne
    CM: TIF Naingollan
    CAM: SIF Hazard
    ST: FIF Lukaku
    ST: TIF Mertens

That's currently priced at a hefty 2.7m. However, prices are going to fall during TOTS and when Hazard, Mertens, Lukaku, Alonso (maybe), and Naingollan all get TOTS cards, then the prices of their IF cards will fall big time. So they should make my price range.

This could all change depending on my rewards for WL and what the TOTS cards look like.

Ole!

Status

Got myself Lewandowski at last, 70k coins, 2 in 2 so far, got a strong front line now with IF Modeste and Muller too

RIP Bradley

Status

Ugh, matchmaking is such a pain in the weekend league. Won 5 games in a row to get me to Gold 2 for the week with a few games to spare. Was thinking I had a good chance to get to the 26 wins I need for Elite monthly. Then get paired up against 3 Top 100 played in a row with god squads.

This is why I'm not playing much after this weekend. It's disheartening to see that I'm getting better at the game but still not getting better results in the WL.

The Franchise.

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Scotland

Hadn't played this in months before today. Gave it a few games and won them 4-1, 2-0 and 3-1. Saying that was more fun than usual because I'm back to using just Chelsea players

Status

It's taking all of my willpower at this point to not do that Kante SBC.

800k it costs. I could afford it pretty easily, but I can't trade it away so it will limit my team building, plus TOTS is coming out and he's going to get a mental card there anyway.

All logic says to avoid it, and wait for TOTS.

But his card just looks so good.

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I would if I could. But I can barely muster 10k coins

Status

Fuck it, I'm gonna do it.

Status

200k in the bank to sort out that back line a bit. Could do with IF Luiz as his nif doesn't feel anywhere near as good. Really want sif Marcos Alonso but theres no point with tots around the corner.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ole!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post

200k in the bank to sort out that back line a bit. Could do with IF Luiz as his nif doesn't feel anywhere near as good. Really want sif Marcos Alonso but theres no point with tots around the corner.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I'd beat it

RIP Bradley

People's Champion

Status

Do you need two up top Shock?

Could always switch Smalling and Luiz and put Pedro MOTM at RB with Iniesta on the right of a three man midfield.

4-3-3(2)

Courtois

Pedro - Luiz - Smalling - PL LB

Iniesta - Kante - Pogba

Messi - Suarez - Martial

Status

I only use 2 striker formations now. I just can't create enough on the wings with a lone striker. 4-4-2 doesn't work for me so well either tbh because I don't like formations without a CAM.

I've changed up my team a little bit anyway since Ben Yedder, Messi and Martial weren't working out in that formation for me, and NIF David Luiz was costing me games because he's just not as good as his IF.

I've gone back to my tried and tested formations. No point in trying to make Messi work for me, it just isn't going to happen. So I've gone back to 4-3-1-2 because I know it's a formation that I work well with. I've decided to stop messing about with players I'm not sure of and gone back to OTW Higuain and Dybala.

LB: Rose (temporarily until TOTS Alonso)
    CB: Smalling
    CB: (undecided, maybe IF Reid again)
    RB: SIF Coleman
    CM: Dembele
    CM: Pogba
    CM: POTY Kante
    CAM: Del Piero

EDIT:

Quite happy with this cheap-ish team I've used:

Courtois, Rose, Van Dijk, Smalling, Walker, Dembele, Schneiderlin, POTY Kante, Pogba, Dybala, Higuain

First time using Pog as a CAM while I wait for the funds to afford Del Piero and he's been very very impressive. Almost impressive enough to make me consider ignoring ADP completely, picking up OTW Pogba and Petit for the same price. Oh the decisions!
    Last edited by Shock; 05-03-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Status

Weekly and monthly rewards. Shit again, nothing at all. Well, I got IF De Marcos from my monthly rewards, which is nice as he's easily the best La Liga RB, so if I ever build a La Liga squad (hint, I won't)* again then I can use him.

Guess I won't have any more in the fund. Hopefully TOTS will be announced tomorrow and prices will fall further. I was debating picking up Petit for 460k earlier but decided against it, now he's up to 510k. Typical legend prices, so unreliable. As is, no changes to the current team I've got, but if I can get Petit for a reasonable price I'll move back to 4-1-2-1-2 (2) and go with this:

LB: FUTBirthday Cole
    CB: Smalling
    CB: Van Dijk
    RB: Walker
    CDM: SBC Can
    CM: Petit
    CM: POTY Kante
    CAM: OTW Pogba

I'm really hoping Higgy or Pog can squeeze another IF in before the end of the season. I'm hopeful Higuain can do it as a 95 IF would be sweet. Pogba just needs to have any reasonably good game to get another IF as EA will see $$$$ in those packs.

My plans going forward:

1. Get Petit for a left footed midfield destroyer.
    2. Upgrade SBC Can to IF or even SIF for my Premier League Naingollan
    3. Replace Van Dijk with another top Prem defender, maybe even TOTS Van Dijk if he gets one.
    4. Pick up birthday Cole or SIF Alonso if his price drops enough.
    5. Upgrade Walker to SIF Coleman.

*unless they get a CDM that doesn't turn like a truck with approximately -30 pace.

Thread Information