Thread: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Well, that didn't last long. The NFL and that officiating crew managed to completely remove all my enthusiasm for the new NFL season in just a single game. And seriously question whether I want to be a fan of this sport anymore. Not a Panthers fan so don't care much that they lost. but I did not enjoy seeing Cam Newton get headhunted and take at least four shots to the head, two of which seemed to affect him and only one of which earned a flag.... which didn't even matter because he "grounded" the ball due to getting smashed in the head. Protect the QB? Concussion protocol? Player safety? Apparently none of those fucking matter cuz CLOSE PRIME-TIME GAME.

They did post-game concussion protocol on him, which is laughable. And he basically said he doesn't remember the end of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saia People View Post

GG refs. The fact that only the last one was called is really concerning.

Completely agree. The fact that Carolina got penalized 15 yards for jumping up and down to celebrate a TD, but these aren't called are a fucking disgrace. Much like Papa, I don't even know how much I'll be able to take of this before just deciding it's not for me anymore, which is really fucked up. Thanks Goodell.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Status

I actually feel guilty watching NFL football now. I enjoy games significantly less. After the game last night, I didn't think about what an awesome close game it was.... I just worried on newton, a player who I respect but who is hardly a personal favorite.

I realize that, more than ever, players understand the risks and are well compensated. But that doesn't really make it okay. Not when the league isn't taking the risk seriously and actually taking the action that they are talking about. Its massively hypocritical of the league and if they don't change, I have basically one choice left as a fan and viewer.... to walk away.

Jobber champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Von Doom View Post
    I couldn't believe the cheap shots either. The Broncos defense played dirty and that's not right by taking shots at Cam and Benjamin. If the refs aren't doing their job maintaining the game, they should be fired from their jobs. I hope Cam is alright, cause he took a lot of punishment in that game.

Aside from the fiasco, I really have to give Siemian some respect by bringing the team back in the fourth quarter, throwing two touchdowns to win 21-20.

Overall, I thought it's a great game to kickoff the NFL season.
    Oh my god, that Kelvin Benjamin shot was dirty and very scummy. A player just came back from an ACL tear and you run straight into his leg ? I know it's not a rule but he should honestly be fined and suspended for that.

stressed but chillin

Status

Lol Browns. What an awful fake punt attempt on your own 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

stressed but chillin

Status

I know it's against the Browns, but Wentz looks very confident and has been impressive so far

Spoiler:

Jobber champion

Status

If Blair Walsh misses, I'm gonna puke.

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

People will say it's too early but I'm already convinced Quinn is trash. Main reason he was brought here was to improve the defense, what a joke. Home opener and first game of season and this is what we get. Not to mention his timid decisions like kneeling with 2 time outs and all the shit 3rd and long decisions, part of which is Ryan's fault.

This defense tho is just bending over and taking it in the ass.

Jobber champion

Status

This is great. Shaun Hill has thrown it more then 25 yards.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 09-11-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Ghost In The Shell

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah Rookie or not Carson Wentz today looked damn impressive for his first game in the regular season. He was so cool, and calm especially when their were times where a defensive player would get in his face, or a broken play he would stay within himself and know what to do in that moment. 2 TD's is great, he could of had another one if not of all the drops from the WR/TE core today. Game 1 in the books with a win, bring on Chicago!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling

stressed but chillin

Status

Quite the fucking choke job by the Chargers.

Spoiler:

Pobody's Nerfect

Status
      Country                    United States

The Chargers definitely choked big time. Their defense just simply faded away in the second half and going into overtime.
    * WC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION: 2014 *
    * WC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION: 2016 *
    * WC FANTASY BASEBALL RUNNER UP: 2015, 2016 *

Son of Sam

Status

Vikings first half was riddled with penalties, missed tackles, and overall just horrid defense. Second half had the Vikes go beast mode, cause 3 fumbles recoveries, 2 interceptions, 2 defensive touchdowns, and 4 Blair Walsh field goals, and NO turnovers all game.

Figure that shit out. Why do you confuse me so, my team.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City

Pobody's Nerfect

Status

It sucks that FOX didn't carry the Vikings/Titans game. I saw where the Titans blew a ten-point lead. It was definitely a letdown for them, but I have to give credit to the Vikings defense that finally got in the game. We're get them next time.

Ghost In The Shell

Status

Lolz Terrence Williams not knowing you can't stay in bounds during the final moments of the Giants/Cowboys game. I'm pretty sure the Offense was told to go out of bounds to save time, and the dude wanted to add some more points for his Fantasy team lol. Still good game and good win for the Giants who only allowed 1 catch to Dez.

Real Women of Genius

Pobody's Nerfect

Status

I don't know what went through Williams' head when he didn't just go directly out of bounds to stop the clock. But yeah HoHo, that was a good game.

you're my home

Status

Time to Salsa!

Jobber champion

Status

I really hope that Jimmy G doesn't break out and becomes an amazing QB, not because I dislike him, but because his last name is a bitch to spell.
    I'm Blair Walsh and I can't hit a chip shot to save my fucking life, but If you need me to kick from the fucking parking lot I'm a god damn ace"

Ghost In The Shell

Status

Yeah Cowboys/Giants was a tough battle, after seeing the Eagles play as well this division is really up for grabs. It could legit come down to the last few weeks of the season.

Real Women of Genius

you're my home

Status

After watching the highlights again this is all I gotta say about Raiders game

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 2

So obviously everyone knows about the dirty & corrupt Broncos win over the Panthers but there were other games too in week 1.

Bucs/Falcons - I'd say LOLFalcons but LOLMe for betting 2 bucks on Atlanta winning. Oops.

Vikings/Titans - I watched this whole game and left more confused about both teams than anything. If you take out Mariota's bonehead INT the Titans probably score on that drive and easily win the game. The Vikes did a good job after that but the offense really still barely did anything.

Browns/Eagles - ...I gave the Browns far too many wins before the season. Wentz looked pretty alright out there, can't knock him. Am interested in seeing how he does against better competition. Could the Browns have a competitive game against some of those D-II teams Wentz played against in college? Don't think it's impossible.

Bengals/Jets - Really loved Forte in this game, the Bears made a big mistake letting him go, still a gritty performance from both teams I thought. No shame in the loss.

Chargers/Chiefs - You have to feel for SD, losing Allen and blowing that lead, not surprising Lucas has no takes on this team. KC showed heart but it's hard to go overboard with praise for a team that fell down by so much to SD.

Raiders/Saints - A great call from Oakland will be the story, but to me the talking point should be that the Saints had an easy win, but for some reason decided to turn against the running game with Ingram who was doing great in favor of airing it out and giving Oakland a chance to come back. Payton was a fool here and this loss is on him imo.

Bills/Ravens - More questions than answers again, but was disappointed in just how poor Buffalo's offense looked.

Bears/Texans - This to me was almost a mirror of the Titans/Vikings game, with Chicago like the Titans looking great for a big part of this but dumb mistakes killing them. Fuller's a stud for Houston and Miller's right behind him, said it in the draft.

Packers/Jags - The Jags played a strong game, but would have probably won had they had a halfway decent RB. Yeldon looks terrible out there, despite the TD. Good game though.

Dolphins/Seahawks - Seattle should be embarrassed by the offense here, think Rawls has a ton of job security going forward. Miami was so-so as well but at least have the benefit of playing a great D.

Giants/Cowboys - Williams. Still it's hard to really point that as the sole reason. It would have been a 60 harder had he gotten out of bounds so you have to give the Giants credit for a probably important win down the line.

Colts/Lions - This was a shootout here and I expect many of both teams' games to go in a similar fashion.

Patriots/Cards - This really said more about Arizona than New England in case you thought this was the year AZ wasn't fool's gold. The Pats have to be happy, and they have to unfortunately be considered a strong SB favorite.

Steelers/Redskins - Speaking of SB favorites, the Steelers rock. I was rooting for J-No to have a strong debut & I'm not sure why they kept him away from Brown. Not a good start for Washington, thought Jackson carried the offense, the Steelers were pretty great all around.

Rams/49ers - The Rams were a complete joke out there but I thought there was some good to be found from SF. Obviously the next game will tell the tale of where they're at more than this one, but I thought Gabbert had some rough moments and bad throws. Little rushed maybe. The Rams offensive line is terribad.

Wish the odds were better on the Panthers/49ers, might go to splash some on the money line on that one. >.>
    Stone Pitbull 141

Piss off, Okada~

POWERFUL RANGERS

Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZero0615

Thread Information