Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 361 to 373 of 373

Thread: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

  1. #361

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gravity Falls
    Posts
    5,540
    Rep Power
    117800

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    FWIW I'd love to make the homer pick here but I endorse Matt Ryan for MVP.



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh | Restoring Order BTB
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame



    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


  2. #362
    you're my home
    DakYourBooty's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,214
    Rep Power
    101727

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    Matt Ryan would be good so that we get some new blood


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



  3. #363

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gravity Falls
    Posts
    5,540
    Rep Power
    117800

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    Matt Ryan would be good so that we get some new blood


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the other hand, wouldn't it be great if the Packers got their SECOND three time MVP?



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh | Restoring Order BTB
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame



    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


  4. #364
    Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence
    PeepShow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bo$$ton
    Posts
    19,164
    Rep Power
    139266
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicity View Post
    You say somewhere in the middle and then you have Elliot at number 2? Lmao come on man. The fact people have Dak and Elliot both in their top 10 completely dismisses the "most value" notion. Especially when they both play behind the best offensive line in football. If we're doing "somewhere in the middle" Matt Ryan is the MVP.
    So you could tell me with a straight face that Darren McFadden would have had half as good of a season and put his team in position to be at 13-3 like Zeke did?

    Also, I think I might move Bell up a few spots actually. Dude missed like the entire first month and STILL had more rushing yards than just four players. Probably would have the rushing title if he hadn't missed time. Shit, might have even eclipsed 2500 scrimmage yards.


    "Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

    -----------------



    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

    "I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

  5. #365
    stressed but chillin
    CaptainC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,252
    Rep Power
    53864

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    FFS. Brady deserves this before Ryan does.



    Spoiler:



  6. #366
    formerly TE
    The One True King

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,472
    Rep Power
    7161

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    So you could tell me with a straight face that Darren McFadden would have had half as good of a season and put his team in position to be at 13-3 like Zeke did?

    Also, I think I might move Bell up a few spots actually. Dude missed like the entire first month and STILL had more rushing yards than just four players. Probably would have the rushing title if he hadn't missed time. Shit, might have even eclipsed 2500 scrimmage yards.
    Can you tell me with a straight face that Dallas misses the play offs entirely with that easy schedule they had if Zeke isn't on the team? Fact that Dak is also on your list shows you aren't even sure who the real MVP of just that one team is. I like Zeke and Dak both but that's something I just can't wrap my head around when people mention them both together.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
    FFS. Brady deserves this before Ryan does.
    Good contribution, I like how you back up this silly statement with a real argument.

    So how exactly is Brady over Ryan in your list? Is it because he has the no. 1 scoring defense helping him win games? Is it because his team went 3-1 without him with 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks? Is it because he was useless to his team for the 4 games he was suspended(I don't care if he was innocent or not that is redundant) and no value at all to them? Brady has the most complete team in the NFL around him.

    Even state-wise if you ignore the first 4 games and average out his stats or extrapolate them over an entire season, Ryan had the better season apart from interceptions. Completion percentage? Ryan. QB rating? Ryan. TDs? Yards per attempt? Plz.
    Last edited by Epicity; 01-03-2017 at 07:05 PM.

  7. #367
    Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence
    PeepShow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bo$$ton
    Posts
    19,164
    Rep Power
    139266
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicity View Post
    Fact that Dak is also on your list shows you aren't even sure who the real MVP of just that one team is. I like Zeke and Dak both but that's something I just can't wrap my head around when people mention them both together.
    Uhhhh, just two years ago Romo and Murray finished 3 and 4 in the voting respectively. What are you getting at, because I'm honestly not following.


    "Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

    -----------------



    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

    "I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

  8. #368
    Ace that Runs this Place
    The Golden One's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    5,652
    Rep Power
    74578
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    I disagree with using "strength of schedule" in an MVP debate and discussing the "difficulty" of a player's schedule and then backing Matty Ryan for MVP. The Falcons played the Panthers and Saints' defenses twice, the Chargers, Rams, 49ers, and Packers. It isn't like Ryan went out and played a shitload of tough defenses. Broncos, Seahawks, Eagles, Chiefs, and Raiders. Those were the "good defenses" — I guess you could call them — Ryan played and the Falcons went 2-3. They finished 4-3 versus teams with winning records.
    Last edited by The Golden One; 01-03-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    TGoHo: WC's Greatest Tag Team

    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion


  9. #369
    Ace that Runs this Place
    The Golden One's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    5,652
    Rep Power
    74578
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    If we go just by yards per game, Ryan played five games against defenses ranked in the top half of passing yards allowed per game (Denver, Arizona, Seattle, Rams, and 49ers). If it's just by Total Yards, then it's Denver, Seattle, Arizona, Rams, and Eagles. It isn't that much different for the others but they did play better defenses.
    TGoHo: WC's Greatest Tag Team

    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion


  10. #370
    Ghost In The Shell
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Neo Tokyo
    Posts
    26,506
    Rep Power
    69461
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17



    Man some top level finalist for the Hall of Fame for 2017. LT, TO, Davis and Dawkins are locks in my mind.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling

  11. #371

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gravity Falls
    Posts
    5,540
    Rep Power
    117800

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    God I hope Warner gets in one of these years. One of my favorite players ever.

    Same to Ladanian actually, who should be a shoo-in this year.



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh | Restoring Order BTB
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame



    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


  12. #372
    stressed but chillin
    CaptainC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,252
    Rep Power
    53864

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    Lol. The Pats defense has been very opportune, but as a whole they aren't this lockdown defense, TE. The Pats only started so well without him because of the awful teams they started against. The Pats are just now coming into form down the stretch. They had glaring issues even in some of their better wins.

    Also, lol at Dak and Elliot being on the same team and in the MVP using as some kind of argument. Apparently a team can't have more than 1 guy who's performing and playing like a legit MVP


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    Spoiler:



  13. #373
    formerly TE
    The One True King

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,472
    Rep Power
    7161

    Re: 2016 NFL Regular Season Thread - Week 17

    Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Uhhhh, just two years ago Romo and Murray finished 3 and 4 in the voting respectively. What are you getting at, because I'm honestly not following.
    That irked me too. Just a weird pet peeve I guess going back to the true definition of what an MVP should be based on what the award actually is(aside from a popularity contest). Players like Carr and Rodgers that ARE their team then you have two players in the same MVP discussion on the same team to me it makes me feel like neither of them are more valuable to their team than teams that only have 1 player as the complete foundation of their team. Plus I am not convinced the Cowboys miss the playoffs is one of them is missing. That's just me tho, it doesn't take away from his amazing season and I def think that at least Zeke deserves to be in the talks. It's just this guy's opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    I disagree with using "strength of schedule" in an MVP debate and discussing the "difficulty" of a player's schedule and then backing Matty Ryan for MVP. The Falcons played the Panthers and Saints' defenses twice, the Chargers, Rams, 49ers, and Packers. It isn't like Ryan went out and played a shitload of tough defenses. Broncos, Seahawks, Eagles, Chiefs, and Raiders. Those were the "good defenses" — I guess you could call them — Ryan played and the Falcons went 2-3. They finished 4-3 versus teams with winning records.
    3 of those defenses were No. 1 in at least 1 of the major defensive categories when he played them. He was the first one to crack Denver's defense in a long time, the interception in the Seahawks game was entirely on Julio and he played well enough to win, pretty sure the Cardinals were the No. 1 defense heading into our game as well and how did that go? I'll give you strength of schedule because it is a team statistic, which is why the team record you mentioned is also pointless in your counter point. There really isn't much you can say without omission or bias to prove that Ryan didn't have the best season of any quarterback because he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
    Lol. The Pats defense has been very opportune, but as a whole they aren't this lockdown defense, TE. The Pats only started so well without him because of the awful teams they started against. The Pats are just now coming into form down the stretch. They had glaring issues even in some of their better wins.

    Also, lol at Dak and Elliot being on the same team and in the MVP using as some kind of argument. Apparently a team can't have more than 1 guy who's performing and playing like a legit MVP


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Patriots may not have a dominant defense but they are still good and as you said opportunistic which is much better than Green Bay's or the Falcon's.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •