Thread: NJPW Destruction 2016

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

NJPW NJPW Destruction 2016

Time to get the thread up as the cards have been released!

Three shows:

Destruction in Tokyo - 17th September

MAIN EVENT
    KUSHIDA vs BUSHI - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match

Undercard
    Katsuyori Shibata vs Bobby Fish - NEVER Openweight Championship Match
    Ryusuke Taguchi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Michael Elgin vs EVIL, SANADA, and Tetsuya Naito
    Will Ospreay, YOSHI-HASHI, Kazuchika Okada vs Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luck Fale, and Kenny Omega
    Juice Robinson vs Kyle O'Reilly
    Gedo, Tomohiro Ishii, and Hirooki Goto vs Chase Owens, Tanga Loa, and Tama Tonga
    Manabu Nakanishi and Yuji Nagata vs Captain New Japan and Yoshitatsu
    David Finlay and Aaron Henry vs Beretta and Rocky Romero

Destruction in Hiroshima - 22nd September

MAIN EVENT
    YOSHI-HASHI vs Kenny Omega - G1 Climax Briefcase Match

Undercard
    Kazuchika Okada vs Bad Luck Fale - Non-Title Match
    Will Ospreay vs Adam Cole
    The Briscoe Brothers vs The Young Bucks - IWGP Tag Team Championship UNIFICATION Match
    KUSHIDA, Juice Robinson, Hiroshi Tanahashi, and Michael Elgin vs BUSHI, EVIL, SANADA, and Tetsuya Naito
    Tomohiro Ishii and Hirooki Goto vs Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi
    Beretta and Rocky Romero vs Tanga Loa and Tama Tonga
    Tiger Mask, Manabu Nakanishi, Yuji Nagata, and Katsuyori Shibata vs David Finlay, Ryusuke Taguchi, Bobby Fish, and Kyle O'Reilly
    Captain New Japan, Yoshitatsu, Tomoaki Honma, and Togi Makabe vs Matt Sydal, Ricochet, Satoshi Kojima, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan

Destruction in Kobe - 25th September

MAIN EVENT
    Michael Elgin vs Tetsuya Naito - IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match

Undercard
    Jado, Gedo, YOSHI-HASHI, and Kazuchika Okada vs Atsushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada, Toru Yano, and Naomichi Marufuji
    KUSHIDA, Juice Robinson, and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs BUSHI, EVIL, and SANADA
    Mark Briscoe, Jay Briscoe, Tomohiro Ishii, and Hirooki Goto vs Tanga Loa, Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale, and Kenny Omega
    Matt Sydal, Ricochet, and Satoshi Kojima vs Nick Jackson, Matt Jackson, and Adam Cole - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Championship Match
    Yuji Nagata and Katsuyori Shibata vs reDRagon
    Ryusuke Taguchi, Tomoaki Honma, and Togi Makabe vs Tiger Mask, Manabu Nakanishi, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan
    Captain New Japan and Yoshitatsu vs Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi
    Teruaki Kanemitsu, Aaron Henry, and David Finlay vs Beretta, Rocky Romero, and Will Ospreay

Pretty interesting that they've decided to merge tag divisions. Think it's a step in the right direction to be quite honest. Fish vs Shibata is an interesting one also... and surprised to see Nagata and Shibata tag too. Is Shibata about to become an honorary NJPW dad?

Also, Okada vs Marufuji has been announced for KOPW.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 08-22-2016 at 05:49 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Re: NJPW Destruction 2016

Oh boy, split PPVs. :/

There are a few good matches littered throughout. YOSHI-HASHI for the Dome! My original theory about the briefcase was Tana would get it but Omega losing to YOSHI-HASHI then YOSHI-HASHI losing to Naito could get to the main event most saw.

Speaking of Naito I hope Elgin's awesome G1 gets rewarded, although I did dig Naito again, Elgin needs the belt more.

Goto & Ishii totally wasted after stellar G1s, no surprise there.

Cole/Ospreay is interesting for all sorts of political reasons.

Okada/Fale being non-title? Okay. Guess they're gonna do their title match at the NZ show.

I don't think tag title unification is either bad or good really, though it hopefully ends the streak of dreadful multi-mans and opens up a spot for better undercard matches. A bigger issue is that their native tag teams are all in dirt poor shape and they should focus on some and have a healthy division for once.

Status

Ospreay vs Cole is now a ROH title match

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Ospreay as ROH Champion would be hilarious. Pretty safe to say Cole's going to win though.

Still Kicking It

Status
      Country                    United States

Shibata vs. Fish should be interesting, so should Elgin vs. Naito. At least KUSHIDA was given a suitable opponent in his title defense, but knowing LIG, it will not be a fair one on one match. Other than that, it just fills like a B show.

Still Kicking It

Status

When I think of top contender's that can match KUSHIDA in the ring, I think of Ospreay, BUSHI, Ricochet and maybe Sydal. They are really short on natives in that division when it could have been easy to raid some of the other feds. Ikuto Hidaka or a Kaz Hayashi would be great gets and would be a good fresh start for Masato Yoshino who once vacated the Brave Gate, thinking the younger generation deserved it.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Even though I'm not an Ospreay MEGA fan like a lot of people on the forum, I do like him and would probably say that Ospreay as ROH Champ would finally give me a facet of current ROH that I actually would enjoy watching. I haven't cared for an ROH Title reign in a long time and at least Ospreay heading into his ROH dates as the champ would be interesting to watch.

Won't happen though.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

I'd mark if Ospreay won the belt but yeah, I don't see Cole coming in to lose. Crazier things have happened though.

Shibata vs Fish may not happen. Shibata has a spine injury (i think) and I don't know if he's going to be out for a while... They might bench him so he's safe for Wrestle Kingdom. Would suck though as he was surely going to get a decent storyline with the NOAH guys or something.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I could see Shibata toughing it out and working through the injury, he's got 10 more days to see how he feels. Would be a killer if he's not around for this NOAH/NJPW storyline where he was supposed to be the centrepiece.

Status

Shibata is going to be performing at tonight/tomorrow's show against Fish so looks like he will work through it.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Dat Boi

Status

There's something morbidly hilarious about a PPV called "Destruction in Hiroshima".

Status

Thought the Tokyo event was fun for the most part. Shibata vs Fish was dope and I like that it's setting up O'Reilly for a match with Shibata. That should be sick.

KUSHIDA losing was somewhat of a surprise but also not that surprising if that makes sense. He's held the belt since January so I assume they were going to do a switch soon but I wasn't expecting it to be BUSHI - especially since BUSHI did nothing in the SJ Cup and KUSHIDA won it. The interference was meh, they could have done it later in the match or something. Really, really intrigued as to who this new LIJ member is.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

All three shows were pretty fine. Nothing too crazy. Naito getting the IC belt is expected heading into the Tokyo Dome and Omega retaining makes sense. Not sure why Goto is challenging Omega again though just to choke for the 500th time.

Thought Okada vs Fale was decent to be honest.

Really intrigued to see who this new LIJ member is... Rush perhaps? Idk.

Glad David Finlay Jr got a title! Really shows how much trust they have in him and how much they think he has improved. Curious as to what's happened with Matt Sydal though - seen rumours he had passport issues but I'm pretty much going to say it could be fair to assume he's been caught with weed or some shit. Think he might be gone Hopefully he's back though and it really is just passport problems.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Yeah, I'm on the Kobe show now, but I still have a ways to go. The previous two shows have been decent with some great big matches.

CAPTAIN BULLET CLUB
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Yeah. I can't fucking believe that. I believe he is now BONE SOLDIER

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Shibata/Fish was easily the best thing I've seen so far from my selective viewing of these 3 shows. Loved it.

Thought Elgin/Naito went too long and got dragged down by run ins again. While everyone else seems eager to find out who the 5th LIJ member is, I'm beyond tired of that stable. Should more be made of the fact that Naito went from IWGP Champion to IWGP IC Champion in 3 months?

GOD are winning the belts at King of Pro Wrestling aren't they I think Goto and Ishii are winning tag league though so at least we might get some good tag matches in 2017.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I wasn't in love with any of the NJP matches from these shows, Fish/Shibata & Juice/KOR & the main were all pretty good. Think Shibata's injury has caused him trouble even in G1. Thought YH was awesome as always (despite horrible hair) and the interference was completely dumb and unnecessary and really ruined any hope I had of him being a positive contributor to the main event. Goto challenging for the briefcase is ridiculous, poor Goto.

Agreed with Ed on Naito/Elgin. Too long and the interference was tiresome as always. Disheartening to see the status quo return to form.

I wish the Briscoes could stick around forever but unfortunately no dice. Goto/Ishii would be a great team, or even Sanada/EVIL could give the undercard LIJ something good to do.

Interesting that they run the same angle twice on the same show with the Time Bomb & the mystery LIJ man...

Thread Information