Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MAMMA MIA - The Mauro Ranallo Quotebook

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: MAMMA MIA - The Mauro Ranallo Quotebook

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    I don't know, he had some moments just on the Swann/Perkins match. He cited the Drake/Meek Mill rivalry.
    So gross. I imagine the people who like Mauro Ranallo commentary and the people who enjoy those singing fish novelty gifts are one in the same. If I catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go, I'm going to have it transform into another Corey Graves so we can be blessed with two, and then feed Ranallo to my Arcanine.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    So gross. I imagine the people who like Mauro Ranallo commentary and the people who enjoy those singing fish novelty gifts are one in the same. If I catch a Ditto in Pokemon Go, I'm going to have it transform into another Corey Graves so we can be blessed with two, and then feed Ranallo to my Arcanine.
    This post was gross. Not because it's anti-Mauro but because it's just so pretentious and dorky.

If you put the random, out-of-place hip hop references aside you still have someone who is probably one of the best at putting importance towards something. 95% of the time, Mauro is fantastic. I like Corey a lot too but man, it can be so hard to enjoy him due to how much people overrate him and it's kind of hypocritical that people let a lot of his random pulls get a pass. Even if they are cringeworthy, at least Mauro is doing stuff most of the WWE Universe knows about. Like, I'm fairly certain more people watching are going to know who Drake is rather than Elissa Steamer
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Nah. Corny references aside Ranallo is the best commentator they have. Graves is good too now that he's chilled with the whole "I've been in that ring before so I know what that feels like" shctick. Ranallo is still head and shoulders better than Lawler, JBL or Saxton.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I like Ranallo. Calling moves? Key to my heart. But I still feel like his commentary takes me out of matches (not unlike JBL or Cole or King) more often than Graves'.

This post was gross. Not because it's anti-Mauro but because it's just so pretentious and dorky.
    Ranallo-referencing-Meek-Mill is more pretentious and dorky than any bullshit I could muster. And that Dragon Gate shit, are you fucking trolling or what?

If you put the random, out-of-place hip hop references aside
    Yeah and if I could ignore a turd in a sandwich, I could enjoy an otherwise good sandwich. What's your point? I actually like Ranallo and think he's good by WWE standards but the references take me out of the product entirely. Isn't that the opposite of what he's supposed to be doing?

If that kind of schlocky, pandering bullshit isn't my cup of tea, why should I overlook it? Corey Graves doesn't get a pass so much as he isn't as obnoxious to me when he does his thing. Making shitty references but talking like a human being is infinitely better than making shitty references in Super Announcer Voiiiice, imo.

you still have someone who is probably one of the best at putting importance towards something. 95% of the time, Mauro is fantastic.
    To me, Graves does the same or better and he does so with a stronger sense of realism. For all the moves Mauro calls, which does lend realism to the whole thing, he also does so in a very produced, 'monster truck commentary' way (at times) that takes away from what's gained by calling moves. I'm not saying he is consistently this way, and it might be nitpicking, but I definitely notice this as well. In my opinion, he would be more believable/genuine/natural if he would tone it down a notch or seven.

I like Corey a lot too but man, it can be so hard to enjoy him due to how much people overrate him and it's kind of hypocritical that people let a lot of his random pulls get a pass.
    And this isn't true of Ranallo as well? I've heard Corey say some stupid shit but at least he sounds genuine saying it. Mauro, for all the good he does (calling moves, putting people over without putting people under), sometimes (read: often) sounds fake as shit - from the 'I'm hip with the kids' references that are past their expiration date, to treating everything he sees like it's absolutely enthralling when it shouldn't be for someone who sees it every day - he just doesn't impress me as much as Graves, and certainly doesn't tick the same boxes for realism.

Even if they are cringeworthy, at least Mauro is doing stuff most of the WWE Universe knows about. Like, I'm fairly certain more people watching are going to know who Drake is rather than Elissa Steamer
    Doesn't that make it worse, though? It's like a tree falling in the woods. If a lame reference is made but nobody understands it, is it actually lame? The feeling I have when Corey makes a reference I don't understand is infinitely less cringe than the feeling I have when Mauro makes a reference that is contrived, outdated, and slightly embarrassing.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

GET THESE HANDS

Status
      Country                    England

I haven't quite recovered from...

MADE FAMOUS BY RYUSUKE TAGUCHI

GET THESE HANDS

Status

Line of the night from SD:

Baron Corbin treating Crews like IOS10 treating some iphones

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I haven't quite recovered from...

Yeah, I would have never predicted that the Funky Weapon would get name checked on WWE TV, even from a former NJPW commentator.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

One from the CEO finals was something like "these two hurting each other more than leaked emails" which was so ridiculous I couldn't not laugh my ass off.

GET THESE HANDS

Status

I'm sure Mauro won't be able to resist a Brangelina split reference tonight, especially if the topic goes onto how many kids Heath and Beulah have together.

Status

I'm sure Mauro won't be able to resist a Brangelina split reference tonight, especially if the topic goes onto how many kids Heath and Beulah have together.
    Legit googling Brangelina at work because of you.

If those two can't make it then who can?

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

This week on SmackDown he referred to Becky Lynch, the women's champion, the first female pick for SD in the Draft and the woman Bryan publicly praised as the best female superstar in WWE today, as a "plucky underdog"...

Status

God dammit. I like Mauro, but if I have to hear "maiden voyage" one more time...

I swear, every time there's a title match mentioned, he says it. So fucking annoying.

GET THESE HANDS

Status

Oh yeah I forgot to add Smackdown:

Chad Gable, LITERALLY on one wheel summoning up the energy to make sure he and his partner stay alive in this match.
    Dolph Ziggler reminds me of Marco Ruas, the king of the streets, and maybe, just maybe, Dolph Ziggler needs to dig down deep and take it to the streets to beat Miz
    TOPE SUI-CENA

GET THESE HANDS

Status

An awful one this week on SD

the urban usos looking to treat the tag division like their favourite rappers treat each other in those disc tracks

Show Off

Status

I genuinely don't know if this guy is a good commentator or not.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    UK

He's great. I think his aim is to connect with the audience and these references are his way of doing it and I think that it's working.

Obviously there are light years between them, and the comparison has been made a lot, but he's in JR's mould. That's why I like him - nice to hear someone on commentary that actually sounds like they care without reading off of a script.

Tope Sui-Cena is my fave so far.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

An awful one this week on SD
    Reminds me of that cringey line from R-Truth's entrance rap: "Make 'em disappear like your favourite magician".

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Dis' tracks Ed, dis' tracks.

It doesn't make it better, just more accurate.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

are you sure the word you're looking for isn't.... Diss?

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

It was definitely diss.

Tell me about that feeling when Mauro is more hip than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Thread Information