Country                    England

Re: 2016/2017 WC Fantrax Divison 1 Discussion

Welcome to the prem Blondie

When the black man talkin

Status

Shock's Awards for his team:

Best Game:
    Darkest Earth 47 - 44 Shock - I was the second highest goalscorer of the week, but just missed out thanks to an inspired Alex Iwobi pick from DE which gave him just enough to win the points!
    Honourable Mentions: Jon Snow 30 - 38 Shock - The game that really started the turn around. I'd traded out Mata for Jon Snow's Sigurdsson just a few weeks earlier. And while Mata sat in Jon Snow's lineup and scored 0, Siggy scored a goal, plus Eriksen started his great run of form which would see us to many straight wins.
    Shake 5 - 8 Shock - A game that neither of us wanted to win. The highest points scorer of the game was Kevin Mirralas for Shake, with a whopping 3 points.

Best Draftee: Jermaine Defoe - at 11th pick for me, Defoe was the best value for money pick in the game for me. He carried the team at times in the first half of the season and, despite the goals drying up after Sunderland stopped trying, he still ended up being the 3rd highest scorer for my team.

Honourable Mentions:
    Antonio Valencia - 13th for me, what a pick that was - only injuries stopped him scoring more points than Defoe. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - "Not sure about drafting Ibra 2nd" was what was said. Ibra made a storming start to his league campaign, which allowed me to use his name value to trade for Firmino who went on to win me a load of games himself.

Worst Draftee: Joe Hart. Keepers win games. It's very simple, and that's why I thought "who better than Joe Hart" (bearing in mind De Gea, Cech and Lloris had already gone). Unfortunately, Pep Guardiola decided that instead of having one of England's finest keepers in goal, he'd rather replace him with a goalkeeper that can't save, but at least he can kick well (except for those times he doesn't). Thanks Pep, you twat.
    Honourable Mentions: Mark Noble - the fuck was I thinking there. Don't think I ever started him. Anthony Martial - unreliable points scorer, never knew if he was starting. Total disaster, but too reluctant to trade away.

Flop of the Season:
    Henrihk Mkhitaryan - As well as having an obnoxiously difficult name to spell, Mkhitaryan was a case of me having too much faith in him. He's a superb player, but he never really teased providing lots of points, plus being in and out of the team hurt his chances of getting a good run together. Of all the players in my team, he was the biggest passenger, my lowest points scorer. I should have gotten rid earlier in the season, but by the time I came to that decision, all his name value was gone.
    Honourable Mentions: Riyad Mahrez - surely Leicester and Mahrez would come good. Well, Leicester did, Vardy did. Mahrez absolutely did not. Joe Hart - still mad.

Player of the Season:
    Christian Eriksen - it really couldn't go to anybody else. Life, death, taxes, Arsenal, and Eriksen getting fantasy points. It just happens so naturally. Sometimes he would win games on his own, sometimes he'd just pop up with the single assist. But what he never did was slow down. Pretty much from week 6 onwards, Eriksen was a points machine who I could always depend on. Just stick Eriksen in the team and leave him to work his magic. He was the only player that I just would not drop from the starting XI at any point and it's easy to see why. Just select him and forget him.

Honourable Mention: Jermaine Defoe - carried the team at times in the first half of the season. Gylfi Sigurdsson - basically an Eriksen clone, only just missed out on player of the season by virtue of not scoring as many points. Cesar Azpilicueta - my Chelsea defender who pitched in with a handful of assists too.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Congrats lads! What a year. Well done Blondie, we'll see you in the Top Division next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

I gave up early and had a terrible trade that benefited Shock a lot(well mata wasnt a bad get but siggy was terrific). Heres to next season and a more consistent effort.

Jerker Curtain

Status
      Country                    Australia

Unlucky Shock, quite a rivalry we had and it ended up being 3-3 head to head and we always neck and neck in the business part of the season. I didn't think it would end up being a 17 point victory, only mistake I made was picking Sterling which only cost me 2 points as all my bench apart from Matic played and got the 2 points. It was certainly a fun season and very happy the stress of playoffs is now over, onwards and upwards to the Premiership, certainly going to be tough but I'm certainly going for successive titles!

Ole!

Status

Nice one Blonde, see you all next season

RIP Bradley

Thread Information