Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: 2016/2017 Premiership Discussion Thread

GMT Baby

Status

Re: 2016/2017 Premiership Discussion Thread

Yeah that cunt really did his best to spoil the league this year.

On the subject of inactivity, we really should get a group chat going on an agreed, accessible app, it makes it so much more fun/easy to trade.

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status
      Country                    England

I wonder what comes first; the 2016-17 season review or the 2017-18 draft?

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I wonder what comes first; the 2016-17 season review or the 2017-18 draft?

Probably first game of the season before both.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

I don't think you appreciate how long it takes to scribe those masterpieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Raw Re: 2016/2017 Premiership Discussion Thread

Alright boys, let's review this year

It's been a weird old year for the Fantrax posse. A failed third Division experiment, a founding member going nuts and ditching the boys, no Newcastle in the Premier League, a tumultuous last day of the regular season in the toughest battle for the playoffs in recent memory, massive trades mid-draft and gates a plenty. However, the more things change, the more they stay the same. Yes, I have to write the words that bring tears to my eyes on such a regular basis...

The winner of the 2016/2017 Fantrax Premiership for the fucking fourth year in a row is.....

PS

This is just dumb now. Like genuinely, it's making me question the entire fabric of this league from ground up. How is this possible? How can this man be beaten? I thought it was just me being bad luck, but even Ed couldn't topple him. 62 points in the final? That elusive league title as well? This year he looked truly formidable, qualifying for the playoffs a good month before anyone else. Truly the most dominant player in the league this year. I'm going to throw it out there, collusion may be necessary to beat this guy.

Raise your pints boys, cheers to the man himself. PS - the cheat who learned how to win. Your 4th trophy means you take home the Jules Rimet, and you'll get yourself a nice new red star to boot.

This year also saw the dawning of a new shiny lump of silver up for grabs in the Fantrax Cup! Massive props to SSMike for running this, fantastic idea and really gave us all something else to play for. Of course, the might of Team GMT was impossible to stop, but that's probably because we had PS as manager and it's impossible to beat him in a competition, even if Simmo is claiming all the work. Get the champagne out lads, it's time to bathe in the bubbly goodness that is glory in an online fantasy football competition.

HOWEVER, I am looking for someone else to run the Cup this year, as Mike doesn't want to play the game next year. Volunteers please, I'd rather it not be someone who has a load of other things to do and it's a very easy thing to set up, so gimme a shout if you're interested.

I'd also like to give a huge shoutout to Division 1 for being completely self reliant this year, and to the members who posted weekly updates, you're doing the lords work. I've not been the most malevolent of commisioners this year, but you guys have made it easy as hell and for that I thank you.

What we do next year is the question now. After last year, I'm reluctant as hell to start adding randomers in, so I'm gunna go ahead and cancel the Third Divison and go back to the 8/8 format. Crocker leaving and the relevant promotions have left the divisions as...

Premiership
    Nash
    Ed
    PS
    Simmo
    DMac
    Regal
    Sykotic
    Promoted Mr Blonde (Unconfirmed)

Division 1
    Jon Snow
    Mikk
    Order
    Shake
    Shock
    Zero (Unconfirmed)
    DarkestEarth (Unconfirmed)
    PromotedSSMike

So it's just Div 1 that needs sorting out. CGS has already registered an interest, so unless Mike has changed his mind, CGS you have his spot. I'll send out PMs now, but I have a feeling we've lost DE for good. so I think you're good either way Ceeg. If not, we have some other interest anyway so no big deal.

Right, that's the formalities done. Let's get down to business with the awards. As a pre-emptive statement, I don't give a fuck if you don't agree with the decisions made, I am the one true Chairman Nash and my final say is law. Or not, idk I'm all over the place right now.

The Mike Ashley Award for Transfer Frugality

2014 - Ed
    2015 - Sykotic
    2016 - Sykotic
    2017 - Dmac

Never has an award title been more relevant. Another year, another season of plodding transfer progress. Usually, Syko has been the subject of years of abuse at the hands of me for being terrible with his offers. Nothing like waking up to horrendously out of form players offered up for the hottest talents on your squad (IGHALO FOR MANE ANYONE), but I'll give the boy credit this year. He's shown a remarkable improvement and even managed to get a couple over the line. Dmac, however, has steadfastly refused almost every offer for his players, even when offered a small overpay. Listen, I admire loyalty in a manager as much as the next football fan, but my word son, that's not how you improve a squad. I understand you had some big hitters, but at the end of the day you needed a scabby Matic goal to get you over the finish line. With Harry Kane and Dele Alli propping up your squad, you should have been there weeks before. Gave us a good end to the season though.
    The Mario Balotelli Award for biggest liability to his football club
    2014 - Yeezus
    2015 - Zero
    2016 - Simmo
    2017 - Nash

I've had a fucking shocking year behind the helm of The Shola Eclipse. Despite having Diego Costa and Kun Aguero up front since Week 11 and the first pick in the Supplemental, I still struggled to field a competitive team week after week and had to claw my way to victory half the time. Plus for some reason I ended up with 8 Man United players at the time they drew 11 weeks in a row. I could barely even negotiate a trade properly in the second half of the season I was that retarded. I also performed arguably the worst trade in the history of Trax(more on that later), as well as dropping Pedro week 5, I even picked up Jordan Ibe late on ffs. I don't know what happened to me, I mean I obviously still qualified for the playoffs because no matter how spasticated I act I'll still always beat Simmo, but jesus. Need to get my fucking act together next year. Management 101 lads.

Sneakiest Bastard In Free Agency
    2014 - PS
    2015 - Ed

2016 - Ed
    2017 - Simmo

Little known fact, Simmo broke the record for pickups in a season this year.... by 11 transactions There was only 1 week he didn't make an add/drop, and most of the times he made the max. iHis transaction history page is 4 pages long ffs. Amongst the countless add/drops of Jose Holebas are some touches of pure magic. He always seems to know exactly when a player is about to return and gets there the minute I want to pick him up. Gotta award that level of injury report scouting sometimes, even if it is hella annoying. Shame he couldn't have picked Matic for that crucial last week.

Gate Of The Year
    2014 - Yayagate
    2015 - DierGate
    2016 - FabianskiGate

2017 Nominations - CostaGate, H2HorPointsScoredGate, JanDraftGate, RAGEQUITGate

Honestly, this has been the best year to date for Gates. All 4 nominations are worthy of the title itself. Sykotic getting his ass kicked by the Fantrax fixture list was too funny in itself. Lad even threatened to throw the last game in protest It didn't help that it was right at the end of the season as well so that kind of joined up with me changing the rules from H2H record to Points For when deciding a tie and not telling anyone. Oh the rage then, it was so sweet. In the immortal words of PS - "That's why Nash is President. The boy can create drama by sheer incompetence".

There's only winner though, let's be serious for a second. The pure unadulterated rage of Crocker and the damage it did to the league this year will be hard to rival. Fancy trading Gylfi and Rashford for Lucas Perez and Mark Noble because you fell out with a few members of staff. I kind of wanted an in thread rant about the futility of life and how Fantrax is a metaphor for the oppressive nature of a corrupt staff but alas. Geezer still owes me 20 quid for Zlatan scoring over 15 goals.

Most Shocking Revelation
    2014 - Sykotic is a Chelsea Fan
    2015 - Lineups could be changed on a Sunday
    2016 - Christian Benteke is a Midfielder
    2017 Nominations - Gareth McAuley is a Goal Machine, Leicester players weren't worth it, Pep drops Kun Aguero, Dmac makes the playoffs.

So it turned out that the boys in blue simply could not keep it going for 2 seasons in a row, making a lot of people smugly talk about how 'they knew it wouldnt last'. Well bollocks to ya, I still love the mighty Foxes, even if they fired Ranieri. However, Fantrax wise? Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh not worth it. Funny how the key piece they missed (Kante) doesn't make much of an impact in this game, yet is the main boy on the field itself. Vardy and Mahrez went 5th and 10th pick overall, a reach but understandable give last year I guess.

Best Piece of Drafting
    2014 -
    PS - Kevin Mirallas – 16th Round
    2015 - Crocker - Charlie Austin - 13th Round
    - Simmo - Dimitri Payet - 8th Round
    2017 Nominations:
    PS - Ryan Bertrand - 13th Round
    Dmac - Jermain Defoe - 13th Round
    Nash - Raheem Sterling - 16th Round
    Ed - Nathan Redmond - 11th Round
    Regal - Michail Antonio - 9th Round
    Syko - Adam Lallana - 15th Round
    Simmo - Gary Cahill - 10th Round

This is only really a battle of 2, it's between Raheem and Lallana. End of the day, while Lallana bagged 10 more points, Raheem started 2 more games (invaluable in Fantrax) and was picked up with the third last pick of the draft. He was also part of the blockbuster Costa/VVD trade that put together my strikeforce of dreams. Cahill and Antonio ended up bagging a ton of goals incidentally, way more than anyone predicted, but in the middle of the draft? Not worthy award winners. I'm gunning for Lallana next year though, that's for sure.
    Worst Piece of Drafting
    2014 - Christian Benteke - 1st Round - Sykotic
    2015 - Emmanuel Adebayor - 3rd Round - Simmo
    2016 - Zero - Kieran Trippier - 3rd Round
    2017 Nominations:
    PS - Sofiane Feghouli - 6th Round
    Dmac - Ahmed Musa - 9th Round
    Nash - Henrikh Mhikitaryan - 2nd Round
    Regal - Jamie Vardy - 1st Round
    Sykotic - Odion Ighalo - 5th Round
    Simmo - Luke Shaw - 5th Round

Tough one to judge this year. I look at some of the names and think, ok, at the time I could see Vardy going that early, Mhiki came to the league with great stats and just wasn't played, Musa was a late round shout. Are they really that poor a drafting decision? Luke Shaw going off the board as the second defender (after Bellerin) despite getting a whopping 2 assists in 80 professional league games, playing 5 games the season before and having weight and injury issues? Ridiculous. Absolute madness. Went on to start 9 games this year to the surprise of noone, but hey don't worry, he managed to increase his career assists total by 50% in the process.

Most Inactive

2014 - BeastyBoy (37 logins)
    2015 - Zero - (68 logins)

2016 - Zero - (76 logins)
    2017 - Regal - (134 logins)

Hey, that's not actually bad at all. I think we all know what it takes to win this shit now tbf, and that's stealing PS' phone and throwing it in the River Bann. Regal has been relatively quiet this year in all aspects of forum life, and that resulted in..... finishing 2nd bottom to an inactive Crocker and being #savedbytherage. Lucky lucky boy. Still, hope to see you next year bucko. Let's see those famous hidden gems you're known for.

Most Active
    2015 - Sykotic - (274 logins)
    2016 - Sykotic - (275 logins)
    2017 - Simmo - (267 logins)

WHAT A TURN UP! THE MASTER HAS BEEN TOPPLED!It was a close run thing, but Simmo eeks out a victory in the competitive Most Active award category. Probably spent half of that time trying to figure out how I was rigging the game against him, well you'll never find it chum so suck it up. In all seriousness, thanks for your help this year with the updates and that, good luck not reaching the playoffs next year amirite.

Best Legit Trade
    2014 - Suarez for RVP - Crocker and Beasty
    2015 - Falcao and Ozil for Sigurdsson, Ramsey and Sanchez - Simmo and Nash
    2016 - Dimitri Payet for Pedro - PS and Simmo
    2017 Nominations:
    Jamie Vardy for Callum Wilson - Sykotic and Dmac
    Diego Costa, Virgil Van Dijk, Maarten Stekelenberg for Raheem Sterling, Sadio Mane and Gary Cahill - Nash and PS
    Kun Aguero, 4th Pick (Troy Deeney), 15th Pick (Jan Vertonghen) for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 3rd Pick (Anthony Martial) and 13th Pick (Ryan Bertrand) - Nash and PS
    Dimitri Payet for Paul Pogba - Simmo and Nash

2 days later, Dimitri Payet takes his dummy and goes to Marseille like the fucking snake ass cunt bitch pussy that he is. I cried real tears, I really did. What an absolute fleecing that is. I mean it's not like Pogba broke records or anything but 0 points in return is just a piss take. I also did a variety of this trade in another league of mine as well, just to double down on the misery.

On a sidenote, it's been a nice year for trades - 14 overall with 2 massive 3 player ones between myself and PS... can't help but think I gave him the league there but never mind. Thinking about setting up a Whatsapp group for trading, but I know some members are a little nervous about giving out personal information so I understnad.

Unluckiest Player

2014 - BeastyBoy - 1324 points against
    2015 - Regal - 1202 points against
    2016 - Simmo - 1397 points against
    2017 -
    Simmo - 1353 points against

OH HOW WE LAUGHED AS SIMMO CONCEDED THE MOST POINTS FOR THE SECOND YEAR RUNNING. This year it was close at least, with Dmac on 1349 and Sykotic on 1347, but still there's nothing better than the biggest complainer in the league falling victim to bad luck. Absolutely love it.

Luckiest Player
    2014 - PS - 1052 points against
    2015 - Sykotic - 1063 points against
    2016 - Nash - 1222 points against
    2017 - PS - 1255 points against

I know it seems like a large difference between Unluckiest and Luckiest but it's a good 80 points lower than it was last year, it's a sign of parity being achieved across the league. That being said, fuck PS.

The Alan Shearer Goal Machine Award
    2014 - BeastyBoy - 84 Goals
    2015 - Sykotic - 83 Goals
    2016 - Simmo - 78 Goals
    2017 - Sykotic - 87 Goals

NEWWWWWWW RECORRRRRDDDD!!!!

Weird, I never had Syko's team pegged as a great goalscoring threat, but apparently they did enough to beat BeastyBoy's record set by the SAS (RIP). Goals are sweet nectar in Fantrax, and I'm guessing an eclectic mix of Llorente, Hazard, Benteke and Vardy just all added up in the end. League winner PS just missed out finishing in second place with 85 (which would also have been a record), and last place for goals is, of course, Ed with 61, thanks to 12 from Loliver.
    Share the Wealth award
    2014 - BeastyBoy - 56 Assists
    2015 - Sykotic - 49 Assists
    2016 - Nash/Simmo - 52 Assists
    2017 - Simmo - 59 Assists

NEWWWWWWW RECORRRRRDDDD!!!!
    Another record goes down in this blockbuster season as Simmo smashes the Assists record thanks not only to Sanchez and Firmino but his roving band of rotated midfielders. He got a total of 181points from these fellas, so it's clear he got some help from the defence... wait, Holebas, of course. Second went to PS and Ed combined with 53, and last place was....me. Yep, even behind Crock.

The Tony Pulis Stingiest Defence Award
    2014 - Sykotic - 134 Clean Sheets
    2015 - Sykotic/PS - 128 Clean Sheets
    2016 - Sykotic - 123 Clean Sheets
    2017 - PS - 132 Clean Sheets

Syko's defensive reign of terror finally falls this year at the hands of PS, although fuck knows how he did that looking at the state of his team. However, judging from the paltry 205 points he got from those clean sheets, it's clear the majority came from midfield so looks can be decieving. Ed came second, oddly mirroring the finals by coming runner up to PS.... hmm....

The Dennis Wise Nasty Little Bastard Award
    2014 - PS - (45 yellows, 2 reds – 51 filth points)
    2015 - Ed - (52 yellows, 4 reds - 64 filth points)
    2016 - Sykotic - (40 yellows, 4 reds - 52 filth points)
    2017 - Nash - (53 Yellows, 2 reds - 61 filth points)

I have a confession pimps and hoes. Midway through the season, I just lost the plot. I was fed up with the mockery and the constant dismal results. I took all the lads down the mines and trapped them there for 4 days with just a bucket and a 2x4 for company. When they finally re-emerged, they were ironforged, a steely glint in the whites of Willians eyes, Deeney scarred and ripped, ready to kill. It worked, but at what cost to their mental psyche?

The Gary Linekar Fair-y Play Award
    2014 - Ed - (28 yellows, 0 reds - 28 filths)
    2015 - Sykotic - (45 yellows, 0 reds - 45 filths)
    2016 - Ed - (31 yellows, 1 red - 35 filth points)
    2017 - Regal (36 yellows, 1 red - 40 filth points)

I'm not surprised. The people's underdog himself, Sir Regal of Riot has been nothing but pleasant this entire year with one exception (a post dated back to Novemeber simply saying "Fuck you cunt" regarding a last minute loss to me). Still, it's a remarkably high total for a Linekar award, a sign that this league is pure war now, it's all about grit and not flair.

Team Of The Year
    (pts/game, min 15 games played)
    2014 - Cech Baines Cahill Agger Coleman Walcott Toure Ramsay Hazard Suarez Sturridge
    2015 - Ospina Baines Kolarov Terry Ivanovic Sanchez Hazard Silva Sigurdsson Aguero Costa
    2016 - Cech Antonio Kompany Koscielny Bellerin Mahrez Sanchez Payet Ozil Aguero Vardy

Joel Robles(PS/Nash 4,1)

Seamus Coleman (Ed 4.42)
    Ryan Bertrand
    (PS 4.18)
    Gary Cahill
    (Simmo/Nash/PS 4.05)
    Marcos Alonso (Regal 4.94)

Dele Alli (Dmac 5.32)
    Sadio Mane
    (Nash/PS 5.07)
    Eden Hazard (Syko 4.97)
    Phillipe Coutinho (Syko 4.94)

Harry Kane
    (Dmac 7.43)
    Alexis Sanchez
    (Simmo 5.79)

ROBLES?!??! WHAT THE FUCK!?!?
    Well apparently, 20 games 10 clean sheets and an average of 3 saves per game can do that. Unreal. Also shocked at Gary Cahill, spent 5 weeks on the FA list at the start of the season and of course kicks on after I trade him.

What a team though. No Kun, no Zlatan, no KDB again, No United players at all, 2 Everton players... Tells you something, it's not just about the big boys.

Total Premiership Points

Decided to add this little segment for kicks. Cumulative points in the history of the Prem.
    TOTAL
    PS
    62 67 60 74 263
    Syko
    62 88 57 51 258
    Nash
    65 64 63 61 253
    Ed
    60 34 49 61 204
    Crocker 38 58 56 17 169
    Simmo
    49 60 58 167
    Regal
    33 45 45 123
    Zero 36 39 75
    Dmac 61 61
    BeastyBoy 55 55
    Davey Boy 42 42
    Yeezus 40 40

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so we've come to the end of the road.... Time to make it official:

WC FANTRAX CHAMPION 2014 - PS*
    WC FANTRAX CHAMPION 2015 - PS
    WC FANTRAX CHAMPION 2016 - PS
    WC FANTRAX CHAMPION 2017 - PS

Somebody end this suffering. Somebody make the bleeding stop.

Finally, I would like to welcome the prodigy Mr Blonde into the fold. Hope you can make this league even more fun than it already is, plz wb bby.

Thanks everyone for this season, I'm heading to Japan from the 23rd to the 27th of July, so I'll be looking to either the start before I go or the day I get back, let me know.

Love you

Commissioner Nash xx

----------------------

For those reading who want in, I'm afraid we've had a bad luck with people being inactive in the past. It takes some getting used to and a bit of hard work, but put your name in the announcement thread and I'll keep you in mind for a slot should one open up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

GMT Baby

Status

I always said I have a 4 year plan...

People's Champion

Status

Lallana trumps Sterling, Just saying.

GELLING IS GOD

Status
      Country                    England

For the record the only decent trade offers I had all season was from Crocker during his mental breakdown. If I get the same quality of trade offers next season I'll win the award again.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    For the record the only decent trade offers I had all season was from Crocker during his mental breakdown. If I get the same quality of trade offers next season I'll win the award again.
    Tbf I offered you Zlatan or Eriksen back in the early parts of the season when Kane was injured, which at the time probably wasn't too awful - but in hindsight not losing Kane was obviously the smart option!

Great write up as always Nash. With that the King is back, happy to go 5 in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Lallana trumps Sterling, Just saying.
    In all honesty Crock probably won the best piece of drafting with Son at 15.

And he scores goals...!

GMT Baby

Status

Shock that I won the most points against for the 2nd year running. Still seething about the misfortune of last season. I'm actually getting mad thinking about it.

Thread Information