Thread: Vengeance: An Independent Story

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Vengeance Vengeance: An Independent Story

Information
    Vengeance Wrestling is a small independent wrestling promotion based in Manhattan, New York City with the promotion currently having chosen to call the Hammerstein Ballroom their home (although it has been renamed the Vengeance Lounge, to tie in with the company's own image). The promotion is funded by a private consortium, and there have been some suggestions that Terry Gene Bollea a.k.a. Hulk Hogan might be involved with the group ,although nothing has officially been announced nor does it look like such information is going to revealed anytime soon. None the less the secure financial backing means that Vengeance Wrestling has safety cushion to help them through their first few months of business. It was also revealed thatVince Russo has been placed into a position of power and had taken on the position of Head Booker for the company as well as taking on the role of on-screen Commissioner. An initial deal has been signed with Spike TV for the company to air ten weekly episodic shows over a ten week period airing every Friday Night during a late night slot (bearing in mind the show will be prerecorded rather than broadcast live). The promotion will have three prizes up for grabs; the Vengeance World Championship, the Vengeance Tag Team Championships & the Vengeance Open Championship. As of yet no names have officially been revealed to be part of the official roster, although suggestion is that signings will be determined based on the commitments that worked might have made to other promotions.

Roster
    Vince Russo (Commissioner)
    Will Ferrera
    Lio Rush
    Frankie Kazarian
    Alex Shelley
    Nick Aldis
    Brian Meyers
    Colt Cabana
    Shelton Benjamin
    TJ Perkins
    Jimmy Havoc
    Paul London
    Brian Kendrick
    Chuck Taylor
    Rockstar Spud
    Tommy End
    Rhyno
    Taler Hendrix
    Kay Lee Ray
    Kelly Klien
    Santana Garrett

Championships
    Vengeance World Championship
    Vacant

Vengeance Tag Team Championships
    Vacant

Vengeance Open Championship
    Vacant
    Last edited by Millar; 08-26-2016 at 11:15 AM.
    The BTB Section Only Improves If We All Improve Together.
    I am willing to review your work as much as I can and if you ask nicely I will even make graphics for you. Be The Booker 4 Life!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    ro=Romania

Re: Vengeance: An Independent Story

The start sounds good with all the backing info. But i hate your idea of a main writer. Russo ? Well , surely not my cup of tea. I am a Cornette guy . Either way , good luck. Waiting for the roster. Give me Cody and i will be reading

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Season One (Episode 1-9)

Episode 001 - Episode 009
    (Friday 5th August 2016 - Friday 30th September 2016)

The first two episodes of the season saw the first round of matches in the sixteen man tournament for the top prize available in the promotion; the Vengeance World Championship. Before the first match got underway, Commissioner Russo would make sure that all sixteen entrants were introduced in an over the top big reveal segment (the entrants are as follows: Alex Shelley, Brian Kendrick, Brian Meyers, Chuck Taylor, Colt Cabana, Frankie Kazarian, Jimmy Havoc Lio Rush, Nick Aldis, Paul London, Rhyno, Rockstar Spud, Shelton Benjamin, TJ Perkins, Tommy End & Will Ferrera.)

The first episode would see Shelton Benjamin defeat Rockstar Spud, Frankie Kazarian leave with a victory over Brian Kendrick, Lio Rush beat Rhyno and Tommy End round off the first episode of the season with a strong win over Nick Aldis.

The second episode would follow much the same course pitting the remaining eight competitors against each other to complete the first round of the tournament. Victories would come from Chuck Taylor beating TJ Perkins, Jimmy Havoc having his hand held in the air following an impressive match with Alex Shelley, Paul London defeating Colt Cabana and a slightly less impressive main-event showing in which Brian Meyers claimed a narrow victory over Will Ferrera.

The third episode would see two singles contests between Colt Cabana and Alex Shelley with the latter coming away with the victory, as well as Nick Aldis gaining a victory over Rhyno. The primary focus of the episode would be an over-the-top rope battle royal that would act as a ranking match for the eight entrants selected to take part in the Open Championship tournament (the eight are as follow: Brian Kendrick, Kay Lee Ray, Kelly Klien, Rockstar Spud, Santana Garrett, Taeler Hendrix, TJ Perkins & Will Ferrera.) The order of the eliminations was as follows; Taeler Hendrix, Rockstar Spud, Will Ferrera, Kelly Klien, Brian Kendrick, Santana Garrett, Kay Lee Ray & TJ Perkins. After the night's proceedings Russo would reveal that on next week's episode all eight competitors would compete in single's action with the 1st seed facing the 8th seed, 2nd seed facing the 7th seed and so on.

The fourth episode would see 1st seed TJ Perkins beat Taeler Hendrix and 2nd seed Kay Lee Ray also showing that the ranking system was reliable as she managed to knock out Rockstar Spud. However, Will Ferrera would throw a spanner into the works as the six seed would claim an upset and knock out higher ranked Santana Garrett in the process. Kelly Klien would round off the night by claiming a win over Brian Kendrick meaning that the remaining four in the Open Championship bracket would be a level playing field of two male and two female entrants.

As Vengeance Wrestling found themselves at the halfway point of their first season, the Vengeance World Championship tournament would continue on episode five. Matches would by won by Jimmy Havoc, Lio Rush, Paul London and Frankie Kazarian who would beat Shelton Benjamin, Chuck Taylor, Tommy End and Brian Meyers respectively. Episode six would see the the Vengeance World Championship tournament continue with the final four men knowing that they were all just one match away from a chance of becoming the holder of the number one title in the promotion. The first match would see Frankie Kazarian compete in a hard fought contest with Paul London, with Kazarian eventually come up trumps and being the first man to qualify for the championship match. A buffer match would take place between both semis, with Nick Aldis gaining a victory over Alex Shelley. The second final four match would be a great match between Lio Rush and Jimmy Havoc, in which English up and comer and arguably complete psychopath Jimmy Havoc would pick up the win and seal himself in a match against Frankie Kazarian with the Vengeance World Championship on the line on the final episode of the season.

Semi-Final fever would continue on episode seven in the Open Championship tournament with Kay Lee Ray achieving a victory over Will Ferrera as well as TJ Perkins beating Kelly Klien thus setting up a second championship match for the season finale with Kay Lee Ray booked to face TJ Perkins for the Open Championship.

Episode Eight and Nine would see a string of singles contest in which Santana Garrett would beat Taeler Hendrix and Chuck Taylor would defeat Rhyno. The main focus of these two episodes would see six tag-teams compete in three straight elimination matches with the winners automatically placed in the championship contest for the Vengeance Tag Team Championships. The Hooligans (Brian Kendrick & Paul London) would come away with a win over Colt Cabana and Chuck Taylor, Shelton Benjamin and Brian Meyers would beat the duo of Tommy End and Nick Aldis, whilst the last team to earn the right to compete on the season finale would Will Ferrera & Lio Rush and they would do so by defeating Rockstar Spud and Alex Shelley.

I am willing to review your work as much as I can and if you ask nicely I will even make graphics for you. Be The Booker 4 Life!

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Season One Finale Preview

Episode 010 - Season One Finale | Preview
    (Friday 7th October 2016)

+ + + + +

+ + + + +

= = = = = = = = =

:Prediction Contest:

1. TJ Perkins vs. Kay Lee Ray (Winner) -
    2. Tag Team Championships (Winners) -
    3. Jimmy Havoc vs. Frankie Kazarian (Winner) -
    4. Correct Match Order (In Order Of Showing) -
    5. Which Other Workers Will Appear On The Show (You Name Up To Three) -

Winner Of The Contest Will Be Able To Choose Two Wrestlers To Become Part Of The Season 2 Cast

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Perkins over Ray. Havoc over Frankie and Hooliganz winning tag titles. Magnus , Cabana and Shelley to appear on the show. Positives. Fun tournaments and pushes for workers not normally seen as main event such as TJP , Kaz and Havoc. Focus on competition . Pretty good sports approach which emphasizes the sports side of wrestling

Negatives - no realism. The booking you did sounds Cornette. Russo would kill all the matches if he could
    . Not a fan of male vs female matches. They don't sound realistic at all. How can i think a woman can piledrive Nick Aldis let's say ? I saw you used lightweights. Just not my cup of coffee though , i ha,e tea. Booking of Aldis , Rhyno , Myers. They are pretty big names. And while the focus on "lesser " talent isn' t bad, you would need stronger booking to keep them relevant. No stories. Emphasis on matches is great , but you also need feuds. Yes , i would pay for Myers vs Aldis or London vs Shelley , but other matches would need build. Take Mania 25 or 28. Randy vs Trips and Cena vs Rock would have sold either way. But good builds would need money. You wanna go all sports ? Fine. Make a Joe - Angle like build

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Pitbull View Post
    Perkins over Ray. Havoc over Frankie and Hooliganz winning tag titles. Magnus , Cabana and Shelley to appear on the show. Positives. Fun tournaments and pushes for workers not normally seen as main event such as TJP , Kaz and Havoc. Focus on competition . Pretty good sports approach which emphasizes the sports side of wrestling

Negatives - no realism. The booking you did sounds Cornette. Russo would kill all the matches if he could
    . Not a fan of male vs female matches. They don't sound realistic at all. How can i think a woman can piledrive Nick Aldis let's say ? I saw you used lightweights. Just not my cup of coffee though , i ha,e tea. Booking of Aldis , Rhyno , Myers. They are pretty big names. And while the focus on "lesser " talent isn' t bad, you would need stronger booking to keep them relevant. No stories. Emphasis on matches is great , but you also need feuds. Yes , i would pay for Myers vs Aldis or London vs Shelley , but other matches would need build. Take Mania 25 or 28. Randy vs Trips and Cena vs Rock would have sold either way. But good builds would need money. You wanna go all sports ? Fine. Make a Joe - Angle like build
    - I was forced to make the first season more about competition than story-line, based solely on the fact that I wanted all three championships to be crowned by way of tournaments rather than just crowning a champion on the spot without any real reasoning behind it.
    - I'm not sure if I can agree with you on the point in regards to no realism.
    - The truth is that Russo is far less of a character in the first season, and much more of a figurehead.
    - I know lots of people hate mixed gender matches, I however don't see any problem with them and often feel they are more acceptable dependent on the matches up. Obviously I have no intention of putting a large man the size of Goldberg in the same ring as someone petite like Layla El.
    - Season One is merely the start of what is going to be a long and planned out story for this promotion, and eventually as time progresses readers will be treated to much bigger feuds and more competent builds. This is very much a rubber dinghy project at the moment.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

What i meant by realism was Russo booking. He wouldn't book tournaments . For him no one goes over through wrestling. He said it himself. He wants to make it to USA Today rather than focus on matches

Thread Information