Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 120

Thread: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

  1. #41
    Jerker Curtain
    Mr Blonde's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Straya Mate
    Posts
    1,274
    Rep Power
    5203
      Country                    Australia

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    I'm only on level 9! Just caught an Eevee in my room before though, didn't have him yet.

  2. #42
    Mid-Card Champion
    TWG's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    26765
      Country                    UK

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Someone put a lure on the stop outside my office and a 971 Vileplume showed up - I have a new strongest now.

  3. #43

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    UK

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Don't know if anyone still plays this game much in all honesty, but I am! Currently sitting at level 36 with a 2455 Dragonite. Desperately waiting for future updates, a heard a lot of good things to come in December of 2016. Can't wait until they implement trading, and PvP battling, although I'm a bit skeptical about how they would do it.
    [8:21:19 PM] Crestfall: GUYS STOP. DYSLEXIA IS MY TRIGGER
    [8:21:23 PM] Crestfall: SO ARE LOWERCASE LETTERS

    A fairy tale ending is bad for about half the characters
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vexen4th

    +Apathos: My life is kind of like glass half full I guess. But really it's more like someone took a glass and broke it so that it was only about half as tall, and then filled the remaining shattered glass with liquid and called that roughly equivalent to decent.

  4. #44
    Friendship King

    Smooth Jazz Wolf's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Pillow Fort
    Posts
    5,644
    Rep Power
    221622
      Country                    Australia

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    So, full disclosure, I don't play Pokemon Go, and it's unlikely I will considering my phone seems to be convinced it's January 1998 and refuses to have any sort of application created past that date, nor will I replace it with a new phone because that tidbit itself is a conversation starter. However, my 40-ish-year-old manager at work does, and has been spending her tea breaks trying to catch Pokemon in the supermarket and keeping me updated on her process, having attempted to name all the Pokemon she catches after our co-workers. Just today she caught her favorite one, that pink singing thing - Jigglybuff or something - and seemed so positively delighted by it. This is someone who it's hard to imagine was, at some point in her life, a child, so if there's anything I can say about the game, purely from having watched others play it, is that it makes them seem more human that I originally thought, with genuine excitement and joy from living something they loved in their younger years.

    She later caught a Rattata (I think? Purple rat thing?) and named it after me. I don't know wether to be insulted or not but it's fuckin' cute so I'm cool with that.

  5. #45
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,406
    Rep Power
    328047

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    I did a tour of pokestops and lures last night with a buddy. Then I dropped him off and went back and did more. Then I didn't go to bed and instead accepted an invitation to go hiking and looking for specific pokemon this morning. No sleep but millions of pidgeys. I want my life back.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.


  6. #46
    Rusev Day Smod

    Order's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    13,279
    Rep Power
    308222
      Country                    England

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    I did a tour of pokestops and lures last night with a buddy. Then I dropped him off and went back and did more. Then I didn't go to bed and instead accepted an invitation to go hiking and looking for specific pokemon this morning. No sleep but millions of pidgeys. I want my life back.
    I spent the whole of last night Pokemoning with the boyfriend, addicted isn't even the world.

    Up to 97 in the Pokedex now.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision





    Spoiler:














  7. #47
    Mid-Card Champion
    TWG's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    26765
      Country                    UK

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Me and the guys made the conscious decision to walk about 2 miles into town as opposed to getting a taxi just for Pokemon last night.

    70 in the Pokedex but got some ready to evolve, just waiting for more before I bang out the lucky egg.

  8. #48
    Scoundrel
    Regal or Riot's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Poole, England
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    22649
      Country                    England

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Punk Wolf View Post
    So, full disclosure, I don't play Pokemon Go, and it's unlikely I will considering my phone seems to be convinced it's January 1998 and refuses to have any sort of application created past that date, nor will I replace it with a new phone because that tidbit itself is a conversation starter. However, my 40-ish-year-old manager at work does, and has been spending her tea breaks trying to catch Pokemon in the supermarket and keeping me updated on her process, having attempted to name all the Pokemon she catches after our co-workers. Just today she caught her favorite one, that pink singing thing - Jigglybuff or something - and seemed so positively delighted by it. This is someone who it's hard to imagine was, at some point in her life, a child, so if there's anything I can say about the game, purely from having watched others play it, is that it makes them seem more human that I originally thought, with genuine excitement and joy from living something they loved in their younger years.

    She later caught a Rattata (I think? Purple rat thing?) and named it after me. I don't know wether to be insulted or not but it's fuckin' cute so I'm cool with that.
    Frankly I'm shocked that you're not a Pokemon fan Punker.

  9. #49
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,406
    Rep Power
    328047

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    So is there a lot of social stuff lined up for this? Guilds and whatnot. Because I want to start a guild called Mankey Business. Everyone in it fights exclusively with multiple mankeys. Only mankeys though, no evolutions. When they become primeapes they are culled.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.


  10. #50
    Mid-Card Champion
    TWG's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    26765
      Country                    UK

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Haven't caught one Mankey yet, so doubt I'll be able to form a whole team of them. Sad times.

    Though that idea would work if/when they introduce normal battling just between trainers.

  11. #51
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,406
    Rep Power
    328047

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    I'm up to my man-knees in mankees. Really too many of them. The most common I tend to see are pidgey, rattata, paras, ekans, mankee, growlithe, pidgeotto, abras and geodudes.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.


  12. #52
    Mid-Card Champion
    TWG's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    26765
      Country                    UK

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Jealous of the Growlithes (and Mankeys!).

    Mainly Pidgeys, Rattatas, Spearows and Drowzees for me.

  13. #53
    Mid-Card Champion
    TWG's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    26765
      Country                    UK

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Anyone else getting the issue where after you check the progress on an egg, that it doesn't increase until you've restarted the app - so all of the distance you walked until restarting the app is lost?

    Pretty sure I lost at least 1.5km earlier!

  14. #54
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,406
    Rep Power
    328047

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TWG View Post
    Anyone else getting the issue where after you check the progress on an egg, that it doesn't increase until you've restarted the app - so all of the distance you walked until restarting the app is lost?

    Pretty sure I lost at least 1.5km earlier!
    I think so? But it might be that it doesn't show the progress, but still tracks it. Because there are times when I thought that was the case (that it didn't take) and then suddenly, I'm stopped somewhere, and I get two or three eggs at once. A little confusing but I'm not salty about it yet.

    Ready to evolve Gastly and Krabby, just waiting to get near the 50 evolves mark before popping a lucky egg on 'em. Sitting at Level 23, halfway to 24, with 92/92 caught/seen. Gonna try doing a "different day different park" technique with my dog, who is all too happy to help out with poke-expeditions. Too many pidgeys, paras, rattatas and ekans are enough to drive a man psyduck.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.


  15. #55
    Scoundrel
    Regal or Riot's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Poole, England
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Power
    22649
      Country                    England

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    I think so? But it might be that it doesn't show the progress, but still tracks it. Because there are times when I thought that was the case (that it didn't take) and then suddenly, I'm stopped somewhere, and I get two or three eggs at once. A little confusing but I'm not salty about it yet.

    Ready to evolve Gastly and Krabby, just waiting to get near the 50 evolves mark before popping a lucky egg on 'em. Sitting at Level 23, halfway to 24, with 92/92 caught/seen. Gonna try doing a "different day different park" technique with my dog, who is all too happy to help out with poke-expeditions. Too many pidgeys, paras, rattatas and ekans are enough to drive a man psyduck.
    Wow, surprised you're so low on the Pokedex count - I'm not even halfway to 24 yet but I'm on Caught 118, Seen 119.

  16. #56
    Rusev Day Smod

    Order's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    13,279
    Rep Power
    308222
      Country                    England

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    To be fair Regal, you must live somewhere where there is a big variety. I'm just about to get to level 24 and have 105 in the Pokedex.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision





    Spoiler:














  17. #57
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,406
    Rep Power
    328047

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Regal or Riot View Post
    Wow, surprised you're so low on the Pokedex count - I'm not even halfway to 24 yet but I'm on Caught 118, Seen 119.
    Location may have something to do with it. Lots of stops and gyms here but not a whole lot of variety over.

    Also I started mid-August when you had posted a pic with at least 111. So you've caught seen maybe 7/8 new ones in the time that I've caught/seen 92.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.


  18. #58
    Zayniac
    Knocks's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    433

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Low on motivation at the moment after my 10km egg was another Electabuzz, which is worse CP than the one I already have, so haven't played in a few days. Moving back to uni in a couple of weeks though, where there are bound to be much better Pokemon to catch than at home, so I'll properly pick things back up again then.

  19. #59
    Rusev Day Smod

    Order's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    13,279
    Rep Power
    308222
      Country                    England

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    I haven't had a 10km egg for ages and I really need them. Close to evolving a few more which should see me to 110, it is getting a lot more difficult now though.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision





    Spoiler:














  20. #60
    SIX F'N STARS
    The Natural's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,406
    Rep Power
    328047

    Re: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Knocks View Post
    Low on motivation at the moment after my 10km egg was another Electabuzz, which is worse CP than the one I already have, so haven't played in a few days. Moving back to uni in a couple of weeks though, where there are bound to be much better Pokemon to catch than at home, so I'll properly pick things back up again then.
    I get bummed out by those disappointing eggs but at least they give you plenty of pokemon-specific candy. So even if it's low CP you can put it towards your higher CP version. Doesn't help when it's a crap pokemon to begin with but yeah, it can be very discouraging. I'm pretty sure my 10k hatched an Eevee or something like that.

    Sitting on two 10ks now and will probably be doing a few laps tonight to try and crack 'em. Should have at least one opened up by tomorrow. Will try to remember to let you guys know what I get. But now that I've hyped it up it's probably a Parasect or something.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •