Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Women Wrestling Classic - One-Off RP

"Fook Your VIP"

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Ireland

Re: Women Wrestling Classic - One-Off RP

participants can PM that to me
    I think it'll be a good idea to make the apps public. Just in case we get a few women with the same gimmick

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Just to back up Jon's post about backstory - if anyone is doing a Japanese joshi (doubtful) and wants to use P E A R L S in their backstory then you can find a ton of info here at Eimi Sanada's FWA profile: http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=164895

There's tournaments and championships listed as well a few names thrown in here and there. I'll probably take a character from that backstory and use them here or maybe do something a little different like a deathmatch Joshi. But yeah that's just some info. If someone wanted to use it then they could PM me and I could let them know more info. I wouldn't expect it though as there's not a lot of leeway and freedom since I've mapped out a lot of top champions and feuds throughout the years in the promotion.

I'll probably post my app as well as PM it. I don't really worry about having same gimmick and stuff since it's a one off RP thing.

Also if we do a G1/Pool scenario then it'd be cool if people would help out with some match writing. Depends how many we get but if we did a G1 with 20 participants then you're looking at around 90 or so matches being written.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

The Franchise is Back!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

Im in

Smiling Politely

Status

I'll probably use a new character that I've got a few ideas about.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Film Diary
    2017 Movie Log
    2016 MLB Playoff Prediction Pool Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Also if we do a G1/Pool scenario then it'd be cool if people would help out with some match writing. Depends how many we get but if we did a G1 with 20 participants then you're looking at around 90 or so matches being written.

I know it wouldn't be as G1-esque, but reducing the number of people in each pool reduces the number of matches massively. With 2 pools of 10 there's 90 matches in the pools as Shake said, with 4 pools of 5 that comes down to 40, + finals. 90's a lot of matches to get written...

Also, we should totally do an encyclopedia reference type thread with all the in-universe feds and notable alumni that we've made up...
    Last edited by SuperSaiyan; 07-23-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Lass Kicking Like A Boss

Status

Pfft who needs someone with a bunch of experience? My wrestler likely won't have many accolades lol.

BRAAAAAAUN!

Status

So this looks like its going to be a big deal now...

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan View Post
    I know it wouldn't be as G1-esque, but reducing the number of people in each pool reduces the number of matches massively. With 2 pools of 10 there's 90 matches in the pools as Shake said, with 4 pools of 5 that comes down to 40, + finals. 90's a lot of matches to get written...

Also, we should totally do an encyclopedia reference type thread with all the in-universe feds and notable alumni that we've made up...
    Not getting bogged down in match writing issues, match number or that sort of detail too much yet, I'm honestly not totally concerned in that regard.

Oh man, that would be a fun side project - and would probably make things easier to track for those of us who care about that sort of thing

Anyways, gonna see who else is interested and probably post a basic template (free to add some flair to it if you want) later today. To keep things simple, I'll just have the profiles submitted in this thread (whence the template goes up) and all the shows will go up in a single separate thread so as to not clog anything and make it easy to keep up with once you're subbed.

And to be totes clear - again, you don't need to get into that Indy history detail if you don't want to, you could be a brand new debuting wrestler, someone who was a single company woman, or I don't know, is a goddamn playboy turned would-be wrestler. It's whatever - just try to have a fun character in all honesty

Status

Count me in, Jonboy.

#GauntletThrown

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

C_MI_G SO_N

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

WOMEN WRESTLING CLASSIC
    SIGN-UP SHEET

Kayfabe Name: *
    Height: *
    Weight: *
    Billed From: *
    DD/MM/YYYY: *
    Picture Base: *

Nicknames:
    Championships & Accomplishments:
    History:
    Gimmick: *
    Alignment: (this can be a sliding scale instead of a rigid face/tweener/heel)

Extra Information: (literally any other information that might be pertinent, don't really care what it is... though I expect some goofballs answers now. favorite fwa/cwa wrestler, relationship with another wrestler, random fun facts and shit. optional of course.)

Moveset: *
    Finisher(s): *
    Manager/Valet/Bodyguard:
    In-Ring Quirks & Tendencies: (think taunts, series of moves, kip up spot, los ingobernables type waste time pre-match, just things that sets your character apart)
    Wrestling Style:
    Entrance Theme: *

*must fill

As you can see, you can be pretty minimal in your application. I imagine even if you don't bother with the history section, we'll be learning enough from your RP - in any case, the more information we get means the more accurate your character is ultimately handled on-air to what your vision might be. No hard deadline date for when you should get this in, sooner the better of course (though a week is probably max but most likely less). If you've got something you want to keep as a surprise and would prefer to PM me, you can do that.

I don't care too much about overlapping gimmicks or styles, it'll just make things more interesting so really, just focus on someone you know you'll have fun with for an RP.

Also - if you haven't posted in the thread, you can still sign up, that was more just to see how much interest we had.
    Last edited by Positive Jon; 07-23-2016 at 07:25 PM.

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

OMEN WRESTLING CLASSIC
    SIGN-UP SHEET

Jennifer "Jwoww" Farlay

Nicola Henderson

Kayfabe Name:
    Nikki Albarn

Height:
    5'7"

Weight:
    132 LBS

Billed From:
    Manchester, England

DD/MM/YYYY:
    01/02/1990

Nicknames:
    Nikki "Tapout" Albarn, "The Martial Arts Manc", "Adored" Nikki Albarn

Former Invicta Bantamweight Champion (3 Defenses)
    Professional MMA Record of 9-0
    Won 5 fights in a row via armbar

History:
    Nikki Albarn is an accomplished mixed martial artist and judoka. She has a long history of trouble with the law and some say she fled England due to gang-related problems. Arrested twice for public disorder, her ex-boyfriend is known football hooligan and former CWA superstar Billy Hatcher. She retired from MMA and announced her intention of switching over to professional wrestling - she has been training for just under a year and will make her debut at the Black Widow Wrestling Women Wrestling Classic.

Gimmick:
    Some would classify her as having no gimmick whatsoever but she is essentially a female version of an English lout.

Alignment:
    Heel

Extra Information:
    None.

Moveset:
    Think Ronda Rousey. I know it's not a lot to go on but she's essentially a MMA fighter there's not much to it; strikes/submissions/sweeps/takedowns.

Finisher(s):
    Armbar

Manager/Valet/Bodyguard:

None

In-Ring Quirks & Tendencies:
    Enters the arena with a bandana over the lower half of her face, holding a flare. Despite being a heel, the MMA crowd used to sing along to her ring entrance.

Wrestling Style:
    MMA fighter

Entrance Theme:

"Adored" by the Stone Roses

LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Lass Kicking Like A Boss

Status

Alexis Hayes

Kayfabe Name:
    Lexi Hayes

Height:
    5'3

Weight:
    102 lbs.

Billed From:
    Centerville, Texas

MM/DD/YYYY:
    07/19/1992

Nicknames:
    N/A

1x Queen Of The South Tournament Winner (2015)

History:
    Lexi has been a nerd all her life, people tend to either love hanging out with her or she drives them nuts due to her hyperactive personality. She bonded with her dad after her mother died when she was very young over wrestling and went to wrestling school when she turned 18 while also helping her father and 2 siblings run the family farm. Lexi also considers herself a wrestling superfan and puts a lot of time into improving at it.

Gimmick:
    A goofy, nerdy, southern girl who loves life, her family and wrestling.

Alignment:
    Face

Extra Information:
    Lexi is a bit naive and always tries to see the good in people, even her opponents in a match sometimes which can leave her open to being tricked. She fights with a lot of heart and never gives up or loses her cool either. She also has a thick southern accent and sometimes uses phrases that one not from the south may not understand what they mean. Also very much an underdog due to her small size.

Moveset:
    Jumping DDT
    Running Crossbody To Seated Corner Opponent
    Suicide Dive
    Missile Dropkick
    Springboard Clothesline
    Hurricanrana From Top Turnbuckle
    Running Bulldog
    Springboard Knee Strike
    Sleeper Hold (Usually with wrapping her legs around the opponents waist)
    Headbutt
    Belly to Belly Suplex
    Spinning Heel Kick

Signature Moves:
    Running Spear
    Moonsault

Finisher(s):
    Thunder Stomp- Curb Stomp
    Fall From Heaven - 450 Splash

Manager/Valet/Bodyguard:
    N/A

In-Ring Quirks & Tendencies:
    Lexi is a high flyer by nature but is also good at striking and will use any part of her body as a weapon. During her entrance she always makes sure to high five some fans and pose for the fans on the top turnbuckle and ring apron. She almost always has a smile on her face when she's not wrestling.

Wrestling Style:
    High flyer, Striker

Entrance Theme:
    Titanium - David G
    uetta

Status

Name:
    Alexii Kavanagh
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 120
    Billed From: Santa Monica, California
    DD/MM/YYYY: October 31, 1994

Championships & Accomplishments: 435 on the 2015 PWI 500

History: Daughter of a famed European superstar, Alexii Kavanagh (birth name Alexis) has professional wrestling in blood. Making her professional debut in 2014, Alexii had a meteoric rise in fame thanks to her natural talent and hard work ethic. With just two years under her belt, she's become of the most acclaimed upcoming talents in women's wrestling. When she's not training by day, Kavanagh has also obtained a reputation for partying hard during the day, demonstrating a relative carefree lifestyle on top of her hard training regimen.

Gimmick: Party Animal/Blue Chip Talent
    Alignment: Face, until people inevitably get tired of her bullshit

Moveset: Emphasis on quick moving offense with liberal use of running/flying manuevers and kicks
    Signature Moves: Standing Moonsault Knee Drop, Buzzsaw Kick, Spinning Forearm Smash
    Finisher(s): The Drop (Pele Kick)

In-Ring Quirks & Tendencies: Heavy emphasis on showmanship, lots of taunting and crowd interaction. Her entrance in particular is absolutely a spectacle.

Wrestling Style: Fast-paced and high-risk, but the risk is well-calculated. Kavanagh is not prone to impulsive decisions except in desperate situations.

Entrance Theme: "Beggars" by Krewella/Diskord

Rep:
    Halsey

Last edited by Silk; 07-24-2016 at 05:58 AM.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

C_MI_G SO_N

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Enjoying the entries so far. For my sake and yours, keeping an index of entries in the opening post with links bringing you to the sign up in question.

Smiling Politely

Status

Kayfabe Name: Britney Adams

Height: 5'8

Weight: 146 lbs

Billed From: Beverly Hills, California

DD/MM/YYYY: 7/07/87

Picture Base: Taya Valkyrie

Nicknames: Princess

Championships & Accomplishments: She's held various championships in independent companies

History: Sister to CWA veteran, Ashley Adams. For those that remember Ashley you might be thinking that Ashley was an only child that inherited her Father's fortune. Well, apparently there was a lot more going on with Mr. Adams as he had another daughter, Britney, that was born a few years after Ashley was. Britney was never raised by her Father, only her Mother, but her Father sent money for her all of the time. She never knew she had a sister until she watched CWA one day and saw Ashley competing and later learned that they were sisters. Ever since then she trained to become a wrestler and started wrestling in the independent scene until she and Ashley met up and hit it off instantly. Britney is an exact replica of sister in terms of attitude, she's extremely vain and full of herself and looks down upon others that she feels are inferior to her. With the guidance of her big sister, Britney looks to take the wrestling world by storm.

Gimmick: Very much like Ashley she's narcissistic and full of herself. She'll do anything to get her way, and enjoys belittling others with mocking insults.

Alignment: Heel

Extra Information: Little sister to CWA veteran Ashley Adams. Like her sister she's a Canadian, born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada but now resides in Beverly Hills, California. She has a technical side to her but she's not afraid to take risks with some high flying moves. Also she's not afraid to bend the rules in her favor and get her hands dirty, she's just as mean and ruthless as her sister.

Moveset: Belly to belly suplex, northern lights suplex, swinging side slam, DDT, spear, spinning heel kick, single leg boston crab, sleeper hold, cross-face, split-legged moonsault, top rope leg drop, missile dropkick, etc

Finisher(s): Extreme Makeover (Sitout Facebuster), Dream On (Sharpshooter) [Adopted from her sister]

Manager: Ashley Adams

In-Ring Quirks & Tendencies: Openly mocks her opponents during a match (such as taunting them or laughing at them)

Wrestling Style: Brawling and technical

Entrance Theme: "Gimme More" by Britney Spears
    Last edited by Jimmy King; 09-22-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Film Diary
    2017 Movie Log
    2016 MLB Playoff Prediction Pool Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Too late to sign up for this?

"Fook Your VIP"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Too late to sign up for this?
    Not at all.

Go do that.
    Last edited by An Original Name; 07-25-2016 at 12:55 PM.

Captain Hammered

Status

I'll get an app in within the next day or two!

"Fook Your VIP"

Status

I have two apps ready to go. One face. One Heel I'm holding off until I see a clear dynamic of the Face/heel lay out and see what we need more of

BRAAAAAAUN!

Status

Is it weird if I just use Gabrielle? I've got one new character idea but also have a big promo idea for Gabby.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Thread Information