Thread: Adrenaline Rush: Live!

Hakuna Matata

Status
      Country                    United States

Adrenaline Rush: Live!

The events that transpired on the last edition of Adrenaline Rush plays for the sold out Air Canada Centre before cutting to the ecstatic crowd holding up various signs showing support and dislike for various wrestlers with Elijah Edwards being the main focus of signs of support as we pan over to the announce table.

Jim Taylor: Good evening fans and welcome to yet another edition of Adrenaline Rush! We are live in the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and boy is this crowd red hot or what?!

Tim Coleman: I'd say so Jim, they're so loud I hardly hear you but now that I think about it maybe that's a good thing!

Jim Taylor: Unfortunately, myself and the fans at home can still hear you. Anyways, what a show we have in store for you fine folks tonight and let's kick this show into high gear!

"Hate By Design" hits and the crowd cheers wildly as Johnny Vegas steps out with Jenny at his side. Halfway down the ramp and he's blindsided by Nate Savage with a double axe handle to the back! Vegas falls down and Savage stomps away at him before placing him position for a powerbomb...

Jim Taylor: There was supposed to be a match to take place but now Nate Savage has unfinished business with Johnny Vegas, and he's got evil intentions in mind...

Before Savage can hit it Jenny clubs him in the back, but it doesn't faze him in the least. He releases Vegas and tosses him away turning his attention towards Jenny with a sinister smirk and he grabs her in position for a powerbomb. Suddenly, the crowd roars to life as Ariel Justice sprints down the ramp and clobbers Savage with a forearm allowing Jenny to free herself. Ariel goes to town on Savage laying down lefts and rights to him before tossing him in the ring. She follows suit and hoists him up on her shoulder, but before she can hit him with an F-5 he escapes her clutches and quickly exits the ring back up the ramp holding his head and checking his lip for blood as Ariel looks on from in the ring.

Jim Taylor: Thank goodness for Ariel Justice or that could have ended badly for both Johnny and Jenny

Tim Coleman: Jenny's bizarre obsession with Ariel is making more sense now

Ariel exits the ring to join Jenny and checks on Johnny as the show cuts to commercial.

*COMMERCIAL*

The show returns from commercial to find Nate Savage backstage, still seething in rage when he's approached by Toxic Rain.

Toxic Rain: Nate, before the break we witnessed you blindsiding Johnny Vegas before his match, what was that all about?

Nate scowls at her.

Nate Savage: Either you're blind or just really stupid, but if you would have been paying attention Toxic then you would know that this thing between Johnny and myself is far from over. Now, he wants to get help in the form of Ariel Justice, a woman no less and a woman who couldn't win a match if her life depended on it. Ariel is going to regret this choice, and if Johnny thinks he's the only one that can recruit people well then he better think again...

With that Nate shoves past Toxic Rain, leaving her confused and sad.

Singles match
    "The Hollywood Standard" Mark Merriwether vs. "Dreamer" Michelle von Horrowitz

The camera pans across the faces of audience members as we return to the arena, anticipation and excitement upon their faces. The masses of Canada were here to see their favourite stars, the men that they pinned their hopes on when their own lives were hopeless. The heroes of this world would descend the ramp and they would scream their name, the bright lights of the ceiling reflected from their suits of white armour. They waited, and they watched, and they listened, ready to pledge themselves to the man who would be King.

’A candy coloured clown they call the sandman…’

For the most part, this was not one of their heroes. Michelle von Horrowitz wore no suit of shining white armour, and inspired no love from the people. Instead, the reactions she evoked were generally bred of mistrust, filled with mixed emotions and trepidation. They could cheer her, but she resented giving them something to cheer her for. They could boo her, but she had shown them too much talent for that to be done sincerely. Whenever she spoke within a CWA ring, which was admittedly quite infrequently anyway, she would stare out at the faces of her audience as they filled with wild frustration. They knew the words she spoke were true – perhaps even more-so than the words of proper heroes – but she said them in such a hateful and spiteful manner that a crowd would look for any reason it could to dismiss them. Today would be no different. Every day is the same as the last; long and hard and like Sunday.

As a small ‘MVH’ chant began to circulate, she climbed through the ropes and listened carefully. She could make out the form of the three initials that they chanted, fighting desperately for prominence amongst the overwhelming hostility like a child held beneath the waves, reaching for the surface. They did not anger her, or disappoint her, or sustain her. The chant was as irrelevant as the people that produced it. She did not speak for these people or to these people - they were as dispensable and interchangeable as her opponent for the evening.

“My silence can be kept no longer,” she began, after collecting a microphone from Lindsay Monahan. There was no need for elaborate metaphors or dreamish narratives. She had something to say, and it needed to be blunt. “My tulips, for as long as I can remember I’ve done precisely the same thing, week in and week out. I am bored of it. I am sick of it. So God knows how you all feel. I come to this ring, or I stand in the back next to Michelle Kelly, or I go to a nearby park to cut a soliloquy in the twilight. I declare myself the best physically, the best psychologically, the best full fucking stop, and then I climb through these ropes and I prove it. They feed me a different man to emasculate, a different hero to cut down. Whether it’s Harrison Wake or Jonathan McGinnis or Johnny Vegas or Mr Enigma, the result is the same. I come, I win, I leave. And then I wait. I wait not for recognition from my peers, and not for the love of you people. Your love is unclean. I do these things because I have a duty, a god damn right, to lead this company into the new age. An age where we don’t rely on stupid men and old men and fat men. An age where we can look at our champions, and the lineage that they’re a part of, and say with confidence and clarity that the Clique Wrestling Alliance is the premier wrestling organisation in North America. No, the fucking world.”

The crowd are on her back already, the standard ’BORING’ chant climbing above the woman’s supporters. A lazy ’WE WANT WRESTLING’ chant rises up in answer, quickly gathering momentum before it is all that can be heard within the Toronto arena.

“You want wrestling?! YOU WANT WRESTLING?!” she continues. The volume of the repetition is so sudden and uncharacteristic that the chant is broken up, only the most ardent von Horrowitz detractors daring to continue. “Who do you think it is, you fucking trogs, that gives you wrestling?! When Jon Snowmantashi decides that he needs a night off, AGAIN, who is here to pick up the slack? When the Tag Team Champions spend half an hour running their mouths about something that literally nobody cares about, who is next up to put on a match of the fucking year candidate? When Jonathan McGinnis refuses to let one of his matches reach a proper conclusion, who reminds us all that the CWA can be a true sanctum of sporting competition? FUCKING ME, that’s who! I’ve wrestled on every single episode of Adrenaline Rush this year, and we’re half way through it. And why do I do this? Because it’s the right thing to do, obviously. And you tell me that you want wrestling? The fucking gall. You people make me sick.”

There is some applause, particularly in lambast of the Indy Club, but for the most part the Canadian crowd grows quickly defensive. Only her most loyal supporters remain, but that was more than she wanted, anyway.

“Last week on Adrenaline Rush, Isaac Richman came down to this ring and decided to make a match. He put Elijah Edwards and myself in a triple threat for a championship. And, to be honest, on the surface that sounds agreeable. As much as I hate to commend such a person, Elijah Edwards is maybe the only other person on this fucking roster who has competed with as much consistency and regularity as myself, albeit against weaker opponents. He’s earned a shot at the top prize, more-so than the Man-Baby, who doubtless will get yet another opportunity to wage his impotent war upon the calm shores of the Indy Club. But no. NO! Elijah and I are not to be in the world championship match next month, as he could argue he deserves and as I know that I deserve. You all know it, too. Each week I’m out of the championship scene is another week that McGinnis slides towards being a paper champion. He is not the best until he has defeated the best. I am the best, and he has not defeated me.

“Instead, we are given a chance at the High Voltage Championship, held by that proud, arrogant man who calls himself LIGHTBRINGER,”
    she goes on, her rage still palpable but a little more focused. She is openly pacing the ring, now, irritated by the company and the crowd, a bundle of energy just waiting to be let loose on Mark Merriwether. “The undefeated LIGHTBRINGER, I should say, and my one-time tag partner. The time will come when my words are pointed at the Tokyo Kisai, but that time is not now. The same goes for Elijah Edwards. I don’t even wish to talk to Mark Merriwhether, whoever the fuck he is. I speak only to CWA management, and my message is clear. Next month, I’m taking this second-rate belt from the waste of your new poster boy, and I’m walking straight through the fucking exit with it. I’m done with the disrespect, the underestimation, the blatant, festering misogyny. You don’t deserve Michelle von Horrowitz. You deserve the slow, pathetic death that you’ve been sliding towards for years. I’m taking your belt and I’ll defend it wherever I choose. Whether that’s HPW or SPJ in Japan, or PAW in Mexico – hell, even FWA. Anywhere but here.”

The crowd are close to silent, perhaps even dumbstruck. From the back, a scream of ’JUDAS’ is heard, and then all hell lets loose. The hatred comes on like a tidal wave. Plastic cups begin to hit the ring. The CWA faithful chant the company’s initials in accusation. Michelle stands unfazed, unmoving, a smile on her face and the microphone raised for the final blow.

“You know my plans. They will not change. I am taking your belt and I am leaving this piss-hole. And if you want to stop me? You’ll have to send better men than Mark fucking Merriwether to do it. Let’s get this over with.”

She throws the microphone at Lindsay, taking a seat in the corner with her head propped up against the bottom turnbuckle. She waits once more, the animosity gathering and building around her as if she were stood in the eye of a storm. Finally, it is dispelled by the sound of “Hollywood” by Jay-Z playing over the sound system. The fans don’t quite now how to react, as this is not particularly a man that they appreciate either. Mark Merriwether walks out onto the stage, a big smile on his face. He turns around with his arms out at either side, the taunt climaxing with a low bow.

Lindsay Monahan: “Ladies and gentlemen, this next contest is scheduled for one fall with a thirty minute time limit. Introducing first, making his way to the ring… from Seattle, Washington and wrestling out of Hollywood, California… he weighs in tonight at two hundred and thirty pounds… ‘The Hollywood Standard’… Mark Merrwiether!!”

Merriwether shouts ’I’M FROM HO-LLY-WOOD’ as his introduction is finished, ignoring the fans entirely and beginning his descent to the ring.

Jim Taylor: “Words of the strongest variety there from Michelle von Horrowitz, turning this Toronto audience completely against her here before her one-on-one match-up with Mark Merriwether.”

Tim Coleman: “That’s true, Jim, but it’s obvious that these fans don’t exactly believe in the Hollywood Standard, either. Difficult to understand, but they are blatantly disrespecting the class and the grace that Merriwether brings to our beloved company.”

Merriwether climbs up onto the apron, regarding the crowd with contempt for a moment before climbing through the second and third rope. He slaps himself on the chest to amp himself up, watching MVH reproachfully from across the ring.

Lindsay Monahan:
    “And his opponent, already in the ring… from Rotterdam in the Netherlands and wrestling out of New Orleans, Louisiana… she weighs in tonight at seventy one kilograms… ‘Dreamer’… Michelle von Horrowitz!!”

Finally, Merriwether’s music begins to die down as the referee climbs into the ring, issuing his final instructions to the competitors and eventually calling for the bell.

Singles Match – Mark Merriwether vs. Michelle von Horrowitz

The two wrestlers circle the ring, Mark Merriwether offering a test of strength. Michelle – for some reason – accepts, lifting a hand up to reach Merrwiether’s, but he instantly wrenches it down into a wrist lock. Von Horrowitz tries to force him off with a forearm, and then a knife edge chop with her free arm. Merriwether drags her towards him and puts her in a headlock, applying pressure on MVH’s neck before she forces him back into the ropes. The official is over to break the two up, Merriwether eventually releasing at four. The referee is hoping for a clean break, but neither wrestler is interested, von Horrowitz hitting a thumb to the eye at the same moment as Merriwether hits a back hand chop. Both of the wrestlers stumble backwards and the referee is unsure as to who to admonish…

Jim Taylor: “I think you can expect a lot of that from both of these wrestlers. Neither is against bending the rules in their favour.”

Mark is temporarily blinded, and Michelle is straight over, hitting a pair of forearms to the side of his head. She follows up with a knife edge chop, proceeding to Irish whip him across the ring into the opposite set of ropes. She goes for a lariat, but Merriwether ducks… and hits the turning von Horrowitz with an enziguri! Michelle hits the mat and Merriwether goes for the match’s first cover attempt…

ONE… TW - - NO!

Michelle gets a shoulder up and Merriwether grabs her by the hair, dragging her to her feet and backing her into the corner with a few backhand chops. He Irish whips her across the ring, following her into the opposite turnbuckle with a clothesline, and then placing her in a headlock. He charges out and slams her to the mat with a running bulldog, up to his feet immediate with a smile and a taunt for the fans. He climbs up to the second turnbuckle and waits for Michelle to get back to her feet, leaping off and connecting with a double axe handle! Michelle hits the mat again and Merriwether goes for a cover.

ONE… TWO… - - NO!

Tim Coleman: “Again, Michelle von Horrowitz gets a shoulder up, but Mark Merriwether is beginning to settle into a rhythm.”

Jim Taylor: “He’ll want to slow down the pace, for sure. Merriwether can fly off the top rope himself, but I think his best chance here lies in his technical ability.”

Merriwether places his opponent in a grounded headlock, driving the air out of von Horrowitz. It takes her a while to get into a seated position, and then is eventually able to drive up onto a knee. She hits a couple of elbows into Merriwether’s ribs, managing to get up to her feet and cause separation with an eye rake behind the referee’s back. She charges against the ropes, going for a clothesline, but Merriwether ducks it and goes straight into a rear waist lock. He lifts her up and drops her onto her neck with a German suplex, bridging for the cover…

ONE… TWO… - - NO!

Michelle forces a shoulder up again, but Merriwether keeps her in the rear waist lock… and then looks to transition into an arm bar! Michelle recognises her danger and wriggles furiously towards the bottom rope, hooking herself onto it to break up the hold. Merriwether eventually lets go and gets back to his feet, proceeding to hit a few stomps to the grounded von Horrowitz. Michelle slides under the bottom rope to escape him, but the Hollywood Standard follows her out. He Irish whips her into the barricade as the referee starts his count out…

ONE… TWO…

Merriwether hits a pair of knife edge chops to von Horrowitz, following up with some stomps to her abdomen until eventually she falls into a seated position…

THREE… FOUR…

Jim Taylor: “So far this has been nothing but offence for Merriwether. Von Horrowitz can’t seem to get anything going…”

Tim Coleman: “That’s right, Jim. For all her strong words she really hasn’t really shown anything to back them up so far.”

FIVE… SIX…

Merriwether grabs von Horrowitz’s legs, throwing her with a catapult directly into the steel post! Michelle crumbles to the floor as Merriwether gets up with a smirk on his face.

SEVEN… EIGHT….

He lifts von Horrowitz up by the hair again and throws her underneath the bottom rope. He follows her in, hooking the leg in a lateral press…

ONE… TWO… T - - NO!

Merriwether seems to be a little more frustrated, standing up more slowly and circling von Horrowitz whilst adjusting his tights. He proceeds to hit a few stomps to her stomach before wandering into the corner. He climbs onto the apron and begins his ascent towards the top turnbuckle. He steadies himself on the top, pointing down at the prone von Horrowitz, before leaping off with an attempted elbow drop… but Michelle rolls out of the way! Merriwether hits the mat hard and Michelle manages to climb to her feet, waiting for Mark to regain his vertical base… she doubles him over with a boot to the midsection... double-arm underhook DDT! Michelle hooks the leg…

ONE… TWO… - - NO!

Jim Taylor: “This time it’s Merriwether’s turn to get a shoulder up at the last possible moment, but finally Michelle von Horrowitz begins to mount some offence.”

Von Horrowitz takes a few moments to suck in some deep breaths, before eventually dragging herself to her feet. She drops an elbow into the heart of Merriwether before grabbing at his ankle, perhaps looking for one of her signature submissions, but Mark kicks her off in desperation and sends her into the turnbuckles. He’s quickly back to his feet, and when she stumbles back towards him he sends her overhead with a big back body drop! He shouts ”I’m from HO-LLY-WOOD!” once more with his arms raised to either side of him, the fans raining down the booze. Merriwether just smiles back at them as von Horrowitz uses the ropes to help herself to her feet.

Jim Taylor:“You’ve got to question whether Merriwether should be goading the crowd right now, Tim. He has Michelle where he wants her, and I think he should be closing this one out.”

Tim Coleman: “You said it yourself, Jim, he has her right where he wants her. He can do anything he likes!”

Merriwether closes in on von Horrowitz, hitting her with a trio of backhand chops to back her into the ropes. He then Irish whips her across the ring, sending her to the mat with a shoulder block. He charges to a perpendicular set of ropes, Michelle quickly getting up to her feet and going for a lariat, but Merriwether ducks beneath it… von Horrowitz turns around into a big superkick from Merriwether! He falls on top of her and hooks the leg…

ONE… TWO… TH - - NO!

Von Horrowitz kicks out, and Merriwether spends a moment screaming at the referee. Eventually he gets to his feet and begins to pace around the ring, zoning in on von Horrowitz and dragging her up by her feet in a full nelson, before taking her overhead with his signature full nelson suplex!

Tim Coleman:“The Hollywood Shuffle! It connects!”

Jim Taylor: “But he’s not going for a pin, Tim. He props himself in the corner, waiting for von Horrowitz to slowly fight back to her feet. But Merriwether looks fatigued himself… he’s breathing pretty heavily!”

Tim Coleman: “But he’s in a better way than von Horrowitz, that’s for sure! She can barely support her own weight…”

She turns around and Merriwether comes at her once more, doubling her over with a boot to the midsection. He taunts the crowd once more before pulling her head between his legs. He lifts her up, readying her for a Powerbomb… but Michelle begins to fight, hitting a pair of stiff right hands to the side of Merriwether’s head… then, she rotates her body in her elevated position on the Hollywood Standard’s shoulders, sending him flying across the ring with a headscissors take down! Merriwether staggers to his feet, von Horrowitz doing the same on the opposite side of the ring. They charge at one another… and she connects with a Busaiku Knee Kick! Both wrestlers hit the mat, their ribcages expanding under the strain of breathing, staring up at the lights on the arena ceiling. Finally, after what seems like an eternity both wrestlers begin to stir and struggle to their feet with Merriwether gaining his stance first as he awaits Michelle to rise before attempting the Final Cut, but Michelle has an answer for that as she swats Mark away to the mat. Michelle then takes Mark by the head...DOUBLE UNDERHOOK DDT! Then she climbs up top and she points upwards with both hands while looking at the ceiling before leaping off...450 SPLASH! She hits all of it and hooks the far leg of Mark...

One...two...THREE!

Lindsay Monahan: The winner of the match, Michelle von Horrowitz!

Jim Taylor: Mark Merriwether gave one heck of an effort, but Michelle is the one standing tall victorious!

Tim Coleman: Unfortunately

Jim Taylor: Regardless of your opinion of her Tim, she's heading into an HV Title match at the next PPV event against not only the champion LIGHTBRINGER but also Elijah Edwards, who we'll see in action later tonight but up next we'll see one half of the tag team champions, Ethan Conner take on "KAIJU" Jon Snowmantashi! Before that though last week our very own Michelle Kelly caught up with the returning Krash to get his words on his welcoming party...

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
    Backstage within the CWA hallway, following Krash's grand return and/or his chance encounter with The Echo

Krash grimaced as he pressed a bag of ice against his forehead, the effects of Drew & Ethan Connor's 'Welcome Back' party evident in it's feelings, and let out a repressed groan. Really, he should've seen this coming. When's the last time a return went off without a hitch? Like, the 80's? Damnit.

"I'm guessing as far as returns go, this isn't exactly how you hoped things would go." A voice said, vaguely recognizeable as footsteps approached. Krash glanced towards the new voice, before beaming, tossing the ice pack aside.

"Michelle!" He exclaimed, reaching out to Michelle and shaking her hand in greeting. "You're still employed here! Finally, a famillar face."

Michelle Kelly, Lead Backstage Interviewer and frequently reffered to as the 'Local Sane Person within CWA' smiled politely, microphone in hand. "It's good to see you too, Krash. Welcome back."

"Thanks, Michelle. I swear, CWA as a whole feels so... so..." Krash waved a hand around, searching for the proper word. "... different, than from when I left so long ago. Even discounting the new hires, it feels like the athmosphere around CWA has changed, somehow."

Michelle's eyebrows shot up. "Changed? For better or worse, you think?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure. Granted, when I originally left CWA, it was still a cutthroat, every-man-for-themself land, but now it seems like those qualities have been emplified in my absence." Krash paused, before shrugging. "Or if might just be me, being underprepared for what my return would, undoubtlessly, entail. Either or."

"In any case, welcome back to CWA, Krash, your absence has most certainly been felt. The CWA fans have been clamouring for your return, but someone who most certainly have not been as welcoming as the fans are the current CWA Tag Team Champion, Drew & Ethan Connor, The Echo, who-"

"Who are petty and insecure enough to not just let someone else, a complete stranger to them, have the spotlight for even three minutes, yeah, I know how it went down, Michelle, I was there." Krash remarked, indicating to the bruise forming on his forehead. "Don't mean to sound snappy, Michelle, but to say the night didn't go entirely how I was hoping is somewhat of an understatement."

"My apologies." Michelle said, her composure even. "In any case, The Echo have now shot up on your list of CWA Superstars to face, so I'm told. A list containing the likes of Jon McGinnis, Jon Snowmantashi, Harrison Wake, and many others, would you say that The Echo are now, firmly, number one on that list?"

"Now? Absolutely. Before, they were comfortable down at number 13 & 14, Drew higher, obviously, and there wasn't much of a chance I'd face them without a reliable partner by my side, so, y'know, whatever. But now, oh man." Krash blew out a breath, rubbing his hands together in anticipation. "They have made a relentless, powerful enemy out of someone they should've, and now that target on their back has gotten brighter. Which makes me very proud to say that Krash, the most decorated athlete in CWA history, will make his in-ring fighting return next week, as he takes on... Whichever Connor Jon Snowmantashi isn't facing. The ugly one."

"I've been told it's Drew Connor." Michelle said.

"Drew, Ethan, Igor, it doesn't matter who."
    Krash continued, irregardless. "Next week on A-Rush, I make my long-awaited return to professional wrestling, after more than a year's absence. And I do it, by beating the trailer trash out of whatever Connor got the short straw. Drew, Ethan, congratulations! You screwed up, and now, you're going to pay the price. I'll be waiting to hear some sort of apology next week, when I'm beating you senseless."

With that note, Krash bent to pick up his ice pack, pressing it against his head. He nodded at Michelle respectfully, before leaving, with the mutter of 'damn Connors' under his breath.

Cut backstage we see Drew Conner watching that with a scowl forming on his face when his brother Ethan enters the room.

Drew Conner: Can you believe the nerve of that dork?

Ethan Conner: He's lucky we let him walk of that ring last week

Drew Conner: He won't be so lucky tonight after I superkick his teeth straight down his stupid throat!

Ethan Conner: Just like I'll do the same to Tubs McGoo, speaking of which my match is up next...

With that Ethan leaves while Drew watches on as the show cuts to commercial.

*COMMERCIAL*

Grudge match w/Drew Conner barred from ringside
    Ethan Conner vs. "Kaiju" Jon Snowmantashi

We return to the arena and the camera skips across the faces of audience members, signs visible in support of a vast array of CWA Superstars. One placard reads ‘McGINNIS CLIMBED THE UNCLIMBABLE’ whilst the next one along simply says ‘KAIJU’. Another has caricature sketches of the brothers Connor with ‘BAN THIS SMUT’ scratched beneath them. The most popular subject material for signs, as well as t-shirts, though, is Elijah Edwards, the hometown hero being heralded by the Toronto crowd. The camera reaches the entrance just as ‘Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver’ by Primus sounds out, one half of the tag team champions walking out onto the stage to overwhelming boos.

Lindsay Monahan: “Ladies and gentlemen, this next contest is scheduled for one-fall with a sixty minute time limit… Introducing first, hailing from Gainesville, Georgia, by way of your mother’s bedroom… He weighs in tonight at one hundred and seventy eight pounds… He is one half of the CWA World Tag Team Champions… ETHAN CONNOR!!”

Connor begins to make his way down the ramp, a huge shit-eating grin on his face and a swagger in his step.

Jim Taylor: “Ethan Connor looking confident tonight, despite the fact that he faces probably his toughest challenge, at least as a singles competitor, against Jon Snowmantashi tonight…”

Tim Coleman: “He does look confident, and why shouldn’t he? He’s one half of the tag team champions, the DOMINANT tag team champions, and part of a group that has had Snowmantashi’s number every step of the way.”

Ethan Connor hops up to the apron and climbs into the ring, goading the Canadian crowd with a few crotch chops before climbing to the second rope. He lifts his championship belt high into the air before hopping down and handing it to the official. His music dies away and is replaced by ‘Sword of Destiny’, a huge pop emanating from the audience and sustaining itself when the former CWA World Champion walks out onto the stage. Jon Snowmantashi is his usual picture of focus, staring dead ahead at the ring as the crowd launch into a ’KAIJU’ chant.

Lindsay Monahan: “And his opponent… from Tokyo, Japan and wrestling out of Los Angeles, California… he weighs in tonight at two hundred and ninety pounds… KAIJU… JON SNOWMANTASHI!!”

Snowmantashi politely slaps the hands of a few young fans as he walks down the ramp, but never takes his eyes off his opponent.

Jim Taylor: “Snowmantashi has had a tough time of it as late, the events of World’s Strongest probably still playing on his mind, the World Championship within his grasp before being cruelly ripped away.”

Tim Coleman:
    “What’s done is done, Jim!”

Jim Taylor: “But tonight the KAIJU gets a chance to get his hands on Ethan Connor, one of Jonathan McGinnis’ stable-mates.”

Tim Coleman: “But we’ve seen the big man let his emotions - and by emotions I mean one emotion, mainly rage - get the better of him time and time again, which might play into Ethan’s hands. This should be a good one, folks!”

Snowmantashi has climbed into the ring, and he and Connor stare each other out from opposite sides of the ring. Connor is still smiling, slapping his chest and willing Snowmantashi to Hail the Club. KAIJU just stands there, a picture of stillness. As the referee calls for the opening bell, Ethan throws out a crotch chop before beginning to circle the ring.

Singles Match – Jon Snowmantashi vs Ethan Connor

The opening stretches of the match see Connor dancing around the former champ, darting in to attempt a stiff kick to the calves and thighs, trying to weaken the vertical base. Snowmantashi is aware, though, the precision of his movements allowing him to evade most of the strikes, and those that get through have little effect on the mountain of a man. Eventually, Snowmantashi catches one of the kicks, hitting a leg whip and following up with some vicious head stomps. Connor has to squirm to the bottom rope for sanctuary.

Snowmantashi comes out better from the subsequent chain wrestling, grounding Ethan with a rear waist lock that saps the high flyer’s energy. Connor again squirms to the ropes, and has to once more shortly afterwards when KAIJU places him in an abdominal stretch.

Jim Taylor: “Ethan seems to be a little frustrated, his attempts at niggling away at the base of Snowmantashi early on largely ineffective.”

Tim Coleman: “It’s early on, though, as you say. Plenty of time for Connor to find an opening.”

And, after taking some time to recuperate on the outside of the ring, Connor does find that opening. Snowmantashi places him in a headlock and, after manoeuvring the big man’s body in the way of the referee, Ethan rakes at the eyes to break the hold. He follows up with a pair of vicious forearms, and then propels himself off the ropes for a low dropkick that sends Snowmantashi to one knee. He hits an enziguri… but still the big man doesn’t go down! Ethan charges to the ropes again, hitting a knee strike to Snowmantashi’s head, eventually toppling the KAIJU. He goes for the first cover of the match…

ONE… T - - NO!

Kaiju powers out, and Ethan darts to his feet. He allows Snowmantashi to get to one knee before hitting three hard kicks to the big man’s chest. Snowmantashi virtually no sells them, though, and on the third he stands up to face Connor, shaking his head. He grabs Ethan by the arm… and almost takes him out of his boots with a lariat! Snowmantashi goes for the cover…

ONE… TW - - NO!

Jim Taylor: “Almost superhuman strength shown there by Snowmantashi, but I suppose we really should be used to that by now.”

Tim Coleman: “He must be ‘roiding. It’s the only explanation.”

Snowmantashi lifts Connor to his feet and Irish whips him into the corner, following up with a hard clothesline. Ethan stumbles to a seated position and Jon places his boot against the tag champ’s throat, driving the air out of his lungs whilst the referee counts towards five. Snowmantashi breaks at four, before lifting Ethan up out of the corner. He puts him in a front face lock and takes him over with a vertical suplex, going for the cover…

ONE… TWO… - - NO!

Ethan kicks out again, but Snowmantashi looks to press home the advantage. He hits another series of stomps to Connor’s head, before hoisting him back to his feet by his hair. KAIJU nails a few head butts, rocking Ethan back towards the ropes. With Connor propped up against the ropes for support, Snowmantashi reels off a trio of hard knife edge chops. He then Irish whips Ethan into the opposite set. Snwomantashi goes for a big back body drop… but Ethan manages to land on his feet! Connor turns around… into a sleeper hold!

Jim Taylor: “Snowmantashi looking to slow things down again here, using his trademark Frostbite submission hold…”

Tim Coleman: “Yes, that sleeper applied directly following a series of strikes to the head of Ethan Connor. This doesn’t bode well for our tag team champion.”

Ethan slumps to a knee, all of the wind being driven out of him by the big man.

Jim Taylor: “And you’ve got to argue that this is sensible strategy from the big man.”

Tim Coleman: “Of course. Snowmantashi can go aerial if he really needs to, but high-flying is the cornerstone of the Echo’s offence. If Ethan is on the ground, he can’t come at you from the top rope."

Connor seems to be fading, and the referee tests his arm, but Ethan holds it up to show there’s life left. He then flips the bird at the official, much to the chagrin of the fans. Connor fights to a knee, hitting half a dozen elbows to Snowmantashi’s midsection, eventually forcing him to relent and release the hold. Connor proceeds to stomp at KAIJU’s knee, causing the big man to stumble down into a kneeling position. Ethan bounces off the ropes and hits a perfect shining wizard, sending the former champion down to the mat! Ethan is quick to take the opportunity to climb up to the top rope, steadying himself on the turnbuckle before leaping off and nailing a beautiful elbow drop on Snowmantashi! He goes for the cover…

ONE… TW - - NO!

Jim Taylor: “A kickout from Snowmantashi there, but that’s what Ethan Connor needs to do if he’s to get any traction in this match-up.”

Ethan looks to stay on the offensive, kicking Snowmantashi whilst he’s down and forcing him to roll onto his front. KAIJU gets onto his hands and knees, only for Connor to propel himself off the ropes and nail him in the head with a low drop kick! Snowmantashi rolls over, under the bottom rope, looking to regenerate on the outside… but here comes Ethan, throwing himself off the opposite set of ropes…

Tim Coleman: “SUICIDE DIVE! Picture perfect from Ethan Connor!”

Jim Taylor: “Both men go sprawling to the mat, but it’s Ethan who is up first. He may have just turned this one around!”

Connor moves back over to Snowmantashi, picking him up by the head and giving him a hard Irish whip into the barricade. Snowmantashi lays sprawled across it and Ethan proceeds to stomp a mudhole in his abdomen. The official begins his count towards ten, reaching three when Ethan Irish whips Snowmantashi towards the steel steps… the big man runs right through them and collapses into a sorry heap!

Tim Coleman:
    “A mean streak on display here from Ethan, I’m not sure Snowmantashi expected such raw aggression.”

Jim Taylor: “He’ll have to adapt quickly to it before this one slips away from him.”

Ethan hits another few stomps, mainly to Snowmantashi’s legs, before lifting the big man up and rolling him under the bottom rope. He climbs onto the apron before slingshotting over the top and landing on Snowmantashi with an elbow drop. He goes for the cover, hooking the leg…

ONE… TWO… - - NO!

Snowmantashi gets the shoulder up again, Ethan clearly a little more frustrated now. He takes a few moments before dragging himself to his feet. He takes a few steps back, and punts Snowmantashi in the stomach, the crowd groaning at the impact. Ethan takes Snowmantashi by the hair and drags him up, backing him towards a set of ropes with a few forearm smashes. He then charges to the opposite set of ropes, coming back towards Snowmantashi and looking to clothesline him out of the ring… but KAIJU ducks, and sends Ethan onto the apron with a big back body drop. Connor lands on his feet, takes the turning Snowmantashi by the head, and drives his throat against the top rope! KAIJU stumbles into the middle of the ring and Connor sets himself up on the apron… he springboards off the top rope, looking for a seated senton… but NO! Snowmantashi catches him, and drives him to the mat with a sit-out Powerbomb!

Jim Taylor: “That’s a game changer right there! A high impact move from Snowmantashi and Connor is staring up at the lights!”

Tim Coleman: “But that heavy onslaught from Ethan means that KAIJU can’t take advantage. He doesn’t go for a cover, instead he rolls away towards a corner and sucks in some oxygen.”

Snowmantashi is on one knee when Ethan stirs and begins to roll towards the ropes. Connor uses them to help himself to a vertical base, making it to a knee just as Snowmantashi gets to his feet. KAIJU charges across the ring at Ethan… but Connor drops down to the mat again and pulls down the top rope, the big man flying over it and onto the outside! Ethan rolls onto his back as the two men take the opportunity to regenerate. It takes Snowmantashi to the referee's count of five to get to his feet, and when he slides back into the ring, Ethan is propped up against a corner, readying himself for the final push…He attempts a superkick but Snowmantashi is ready for it catching him by the boot and he pulls Ethan in...T-BONE SUPLEX! Ethan is launched across the ring like a rag doll while Snow brings himself back up to his feet...

Jim Taylor: KAIJU gaining a second wind here, can he take advantage? Oh wait, we've got company!

Tim Coleman: It's about time!

It's Drew Conner sneaking down to the ring while the referee checks on Ethan, who feigns an injury to one of his limbs to keep up the distraction. Drew hops up on the apron looking to drape Snow's neck across the rope, but Snow slips out of Drew's grip...SUPERKICK! Snow clobbers Drew with a superkick dumping him back to the floor on the outside.

Jim Taylor: Snowmantashi having none of it with the Conner shenanigans!

Meanwhile, Ethan rolls to the opposite apron prepping himself before launching himself looking for a springboard forearm smash...SUPERKICK! KAIJU counters with another superkick, this time to Ethan in mid-air and Ethan falls flat on his back. KAIJU isn't through though as he makes his way to the top rope...SNOWFALL! He connects with the moonsault flattening Ethan beneath him as he hooks the far leg with a lateral press...

One...two...THREE!

Lindsay Monahan: The winner of the match, "KAIJU" Jon Snowmantashi!

Jim Taylor: The Echo's plans didn't come to fruition tonight as their underhanded tactics backfired causing them to get a taste of their own medicine!

Tim Coleman: Yeah, yeah but just you watch what Drew does to Krash later on!

Drew drags Ethan out of the ring and helps him to the back while KAIJU relishes in his victory.

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim Taylor: Earlier today our cameras caught up with Elijah Edwards, who will face his biggest challenge yet in our world champion Jonathan McGinnis later tonight in what will be a homecoming for him...

The scene opens on a close up of the banner that reads “Air Canada Centre”. After a few seconds, the camera pulls back to reveal Elijah Edwards, dressed in a pair of torn and tattered jeans with a Ramones t-shirt and a military jacket, standing in front of the arena’s entrance. Double E is clam, cool, and collected. His smile shines a bit brighter being in his hometown.

You would think going into the biggest match of my CWA career I would be nervous. After all, I am facing the World Heavyweight Champion Jonathan McGinnis, arguably the best wrestler in the company today, in the main event. That alone is enough to make anyone nervous. When facing a man like McGinnis you have to be at your best. You have to be better than your best. You have to move past your limits- pushing yourself to the verge of your breaking point- in hopes of just getting a chance to win. He’s a world renowned wrestler. The Indy God moniker isn’t just a fancy name slapped on a t-shirt. It’s the truth. His name, his reputation, his legacy was built in places like Ring of Syndicate and overseas in NWA Japan. He further cemented it here in CWA, capturing the World Heavyweight championship twice. As far as technical ability, he’s everything I aspire to achieve. I hope to one day have his credentials. And it’s that impressive body of work that would leave an average wrestler intimated, shaking uncontrollably in their boots, too nervous to begin to formulate a strategy and down right overwhelmed once the bell sounds and you begin to square off with him.

Elijah heads for the entrance, opening the door and walking inside. The camera follows in front of him, trying to stay a few steps ahead of him in order to keep him in frame.

Let’s take on the extra pressure of wrestling Jonathan McGinnis in the main event in your hometown. Everyone you know, from your friends to your family, are scattered throughout the crowd showing their support for you. Your fellow countrymen showing national pride and support for one of their own. Main Events are already anxiety ridden as it is. You’re closing show, the spotlight is on you and it burns extra bright in this moment. Now, you’ve got to make sure you don’t disappoint everyone. You don’t want to leave your hometown with egg on your face and leave yourself and everyone else filled with disappointment.

Elijah enters into the empty arena area. The stage set up for Adrenaline Rush is in the process of being built. Crew members are hastily working in order to complete its construction. Canadian Excellence marches towards the ring, hopping over the barricade and surveying the empty seats. In this moment, it’s as if he’s imagining a crowd watching him.

Let’s turn up the fire of this pressure cooker a little more, shall we? For me, the Air Canada Centre is home to the biggest mistake of my wrestling career. When I worked for PCW a couple of years ago, I was the leader of a group called the Agents of Salvations and we were waging a war against a group simply known as POWER, lead by the owner of the company Ryan Blanchette. After being cheated out of the tag team titles by him and his partner Dan Murph, he offered me an ultimatum. I could stand with my brothers in arms as the self proclaimed Savior of PCW, fighting a losing battle or I could become a member of POWER and receive all the accolades I had desperately wanting to have. On that night I compromised my integrity for fools gold. I was left beaten and bloodied without an alley and without my dignity and pride.

In a moment of retrospect and shame, Elijah lowers his head.

That moment haunted me for years.. and it still haunts me to this day. After this match, I hope to cleanse myself of that moment.. and I hope to leave Toronto with something to be proud of.

Elijah raises his head up, his charming smirk resurfacing as well. He takes a moment to survey the ring, taking in the future sight of the biggest fight of his CWA career. A few seconds pass and he marches up the aisle way. The camera follows behind

So let’s recap. I’m wrestling in the Main Event against the world champ in front of my hometown looking to right a wrong. I should be nervous. I should be intimidated at the challenge that lies ahead of me. It’s as if I’m trying to make my way up Mount Everest on a big wheel. It’s impossible to overcome… so am I nervous?

Elijah stops, turning around to face the camera once more. As he does, the camera focuses in on his intense gaze.

No.

A moment of silence commences, allowing the answer to sink in. Edwards’ expression doesn’t change from this point on. There’s a hint of anger and frustrating resonating in his eyes. It’s a look we haven’t seen before from Elijah Edwards. Perhaps unwittingly, he begins to ball up his fist. His body possibility registering the emotions and feelings he’s yet to verbalized and have been germinating from within.

Let me reiterate it for you incase you didn’t understand me. No, I am not nervous. In fact, this is the most relaxed I have ever been going into a match. Now, don’t get me wrong I realize the challenge in front of me. I understand the magnitude of the situation. This is the kind of thing I live for. It’s the moment I thrive on. I’m going one on one with the champion. Win or lose, regardless how this thing plays out I am leaving the Air Canada Centre with my head held high and stand on my own two feet like a man…. which is more than I could say for Jonathan McGinnis. Because quite frankly Jonathan McGinnis doesn’t fit the criteria of what a man is.

A man doesn’t cheat on his wife when things aren’t peachy. You either pony up and work it out or go your separate ways. You don’t go to an old fling, thus disrespecting your entire family- your children and the woman who raised them, who took care of them while you were too busy on the road 320 days a year making a living as a wrestler. A man doesn’t assault a defenseless elderly man, let alone his boss, when a decision is made he doesn’t like. A man especially DOESN’T STRIKE A WOMAN EITHER!

At this point, Elijah’s face is red with anger. The intensity is palpable and haunting. Elijah closes his eyes, releasing a deep and calming exhale, hoping to channel and save his anger for the night of this match with McGinnis instead of wasting it all here.

That is an action that I can not stand back idly. You’re going to pay for that one, Jonathan. Megan isn’t a wrestler, she’s a business woman. YOUR boss. For what? Because you aren’t man enough to face Snowmantashi one more time? Is your ego so fragile that you refuse to face the possibility of failure even if it’s to a premiere wrestler in our sport? Losses happen, Jonathan, in life and in the ring. I figured someone like you would already know that. Even if you were to lose it’s not like you’d never get another shot at the title again. You could invoke your rematch clause or win a contender’s match. You run around acting like a petulant child throwing a temper tantrum when he doesn’t get his way, so you strike a woman in order to achieve some sort of satisfaction? Some man you are, Jonathan. Some champion, too. To be honest, you don’t even deserve the right to call yourself a champion. You’re lucky the powers that be haven’t stripped you of the championship and banned you from CWA. Question my abilities all you want, McGinnis. Believe me to be an inferior wrestler to you… but at least I can look at myself in the mirror and know that I am man filled with dignity and honor… something you will never be able to say.

You run around here proclaiming yourself to be CWA’s meal ticket? Well, I’ve got a little news flash for you, Jonathan. This place was fine before you were here and it will be fine without you. CWA prosperity isn’t reliant on just one person or some club. No, it’s a team effort. This company is built off the backs of every hardworking guy and girl who lace up a pair of boots. You aren’t more important than any of us, you’re just a cog in the machine. If you’ve done anything for the CWA it’s giving it a bad name. While you may thumb your nose at me and consider me to next to nothing, you’re going to have hard time breathing when I bust you in your snot box. In fact, when your eyes begin to water and it becomes hard to breathe or see, that’s when you realize you’re in for a fight. No, the term “fight” doesn’t adequately describe what’s going to happen. Because this isn’t a fight, McGinnis. It’s your reckoning. Reckoning for all the ills you’ve committed against this great sport and organization. Because you’re not a God, Jonathan McGinnis, you’re a ill tempered tantrum throwing baby. If nobody else is going to stand up to you and the rest of your stupid club than I guess it’s going to be me. Because I can no longer stand back and watch you try to destroy the CWA. I am an agent of salvation here to cleanse the CWA of your vile existence. This isn’t about a title, it’s about survival. It’s about restoring honor to the CWA. It’s about standing up for what’s right. I’m here, as a MAN, to knock you on your ass and render you a broken heap. I don’t give a damn if you’re the Heavyweight champion of the world, apart of a club, or if I’m a man without allies. I’ve come to kill a self proclaimed “god”… And I will do just that even if I’ve got to go through hell and back. You will pay for your sins, McGinnis. Be the coward you are and bring your club, bring your advocates, and ex lovers because you’re going to fall regardless. I promise you that.

Elijah stares into the camera, briefly, letting his point settle in before walking out of frame.

Jim Taylor: We'll him clash with McGinnis later, but up next after the break we'll Krash in action for the first time over a year as he takes on the other half of the tag team champions, Drew Conner!

*COMMERCIAL*

Grudge match w/Ethan Conner barred from ringside
    Drew Conner vs. "The White Wolf" Krash

"Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" blares throughout the arena once more causing the fans to erupt with thunderous jeers towards Drew Conner. Who is still feeling the effects from earlier after eating a superkick from Snowmantashi. Nonetheless, Drew walks towards the ring taunting fans and egging them on.

Lindsay Monahan: Approaching the ring, from Gainesville, Georgia by way of your mother's bedroom...he weighs in at 172lbs...and he is one half of the CWA Tag Team Champions...DREW CONNER!

Jim Taylor: No doubt that Drew will be looking to spoil Krash's return tonight, especially after what went down in his brother's match earlier this evening...

Tim Coleman: Drew is going to embarrass Krash so bad that he'll wish that he stayed in the land down under!

Drew enters the ring still taunting the fans as his music fades out, and it's soon replaced by the opening notes of "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars causing the fans to roar in delight as Krash strides out with a smirk on his face. He takes it all in, the positive reception he's receiving before he casually walks towards the ring slapping hands with a few lucky fans along the way.

Lindsay Monahan: and his opponent from Melbourne, Australia by way of the Gang Stars HQ in California...he weighs in at 205lbs...he is "The White Wolf"...KRASH!

Tim Coleman: Would you look at that smug look on his face? I can't wait until Drew kicks it right off!

Jim Taylor: There's nothing smug about it Tim. Krash is happy to be back after missing about a year's worth of action, and by the sound of it these fans are happy to have him back to!

Krash enters the ring and removes his vest handing it off to Lindsay Monahan, while Drew shoves his belt at the official before taunting Krash some more, which prompts a sly smirk from the veteran.

DING! DING! DING!

As soon as the bell sounds Krash explodes from his corner and levels Drew with several lefts and rights causing him to reel back in the corner. Krash looking fired up as he backs away before charging towards Drew and connects with a corner dropkick! Drew stumbles out of the corner before Krash hits him with a clothesline that sends Drew toppling to the outside floor gingerly landing feet first. Before Drew has a chance to regain his senses Krash knocks back into the the barricade with a baseball slide! Drew leans against the barricade with a grimace of agony. He regains his stance but before he can even react Krash comes crashing down on him with an incredible suicide plancha! Krash is straight up back to his feet and he's pumped as he throws his fists out to a huge pop from the crowd...

Jim Taylor: Krash is firing on all cylinders straight out of the gate!

Krash tosses Drew back in the ring and then hops up on the apron before propelling himself over the rope with an elbow drop! He quickly hooks the leg...

One...TW-NO!

Drew throws a shoulder up as Krash tries to apply a headlock, but Drew manages to slip out of his and rolls away keeping his distance from the veteran. Drew leans on the ropes while bent on one knee as Krash runs at him, but Drew is ready as he drills an elbow into Krash's midsection doubling him over. Drew kicks Krash in the gut adding extra salt to the wound before placing him in position with his neck on the middle rope. Drew steps on the apron and fires a straight kick to Krash's forehead knocking him back allowing Drew to launch himself at Krash planting his skull to the mat with a springboard tornado DDT! Drew makes the cover...

One...TW-NO!

Krash kicks out and Drew goes for a crossface submission hold, and nearly gets it locked in but Krash slips away and rolls back up to a vertical base. Drew attempts a discus elbow smash, but Krash ducks underneath it and grapples Drew with a rear waistlock, but Drew fires back with several back elbows before spinning behind Krash and pins him down to the mat shoulders first...

One...two...NO!

Krash with another kick out and he rolls over with his kick out...SUPERKICK! Krash is dropped like a sack of bricks and Drew falls on top of him...

One...two...THR-NO!

Krash with a shoulder up staying alive and Drew beginning to let his frustration set in slamming his fist to the mat. Krash rolls to the corner to regain his senses while Drew remains on the opposite end contemplating what he should do next. After several moments both competitors removes themselves from their corner and Drew charges at Krash looking for a leg lariat, but Krash counters that and drives Drew's face to the mat with a huge sitout facebuster! Krash rolls back up to his feet and brings Drew up before dropping him back down with a snap suplex! Then he brings Drew back up once more in a suplex position but stalls for a bit before dropping him down with authority! Drew instinctively rolls away to a corner but Krash isn't allowing him to take a breather as he drags him out of the corner and unloads on Drew with a combination of a low kick to the gut followed by a roundhouse kick to the chest and then kick straight to the chin! Drew however is still standing, barely though and Krash drops him with ease with the help of a quick jumping dropkick to the head!

Jim Taylor: Krash wearing down Drew with Krash Kourse!

He drops on top of Drew for the pin...

One...two...THR-NO!

Tim Coleman: Drew showing resiliency!

Drew threw a shoulder up in time while Krash is back up and looks for a running leg drop, but Drew rolls out of the way in time forcing Krash to hit the mat instead. Drew back up and hits Krash with a low running dropkick knocking Krash on his back. Drew then whips Krash to the corner and props him up on the top rope before bringing him back down a top rope hurricanrana! Krash flops to the mat and now Drew is looking to end this one as he brings Krash into position for front flip piledriver, but he spends too much time showboating allowing Krash to flip him over on his back. Krash regains some momentum now as he places Drew in position...OVERDOSE! Drew is down and now Krash slowly but surely climbs to the top rope...

Jim Taylor: Krash looking to put the final nail in the coffin if he hits The Kill...

Tim Coleman: Well he can think again Jim!

The fans erupt into boos as Ethan is gingerly sprinting down to the ring and shoves Krash off the top turnbuckle down to the mat and official immediately calls for the bell...

Lindsay Monahan: The winner of the match by disqualification, Krash!

Jim Taylor: Blatant cheating by The Echo, which shouldn't came as a surprise to anyone

Ethan enters the ring and lays the boots to Krash while Drew recovers and joins in on the fray eventually. This garners massive heat from the fans as they taunt the audience taking their eyes off the veteran, who regains his composure. The Conners turn around and look to take out Krash with a stereo superkick, but Krash senses danger and ducks underneath and runs off the ropes before taking down both Conners with a double ended spear! This elicits a massive pop from the crowd.

Jim Taylor: It wasn't the way Krash wanted his first match back to go, but at least Krash gets the last laugh tonight

Krash leaves the ring and walks back up the ramp slapping hands with more fans along the way while The Conners recover in the ring looking at Krash with scowls. Krash looks back at him and shrugs with a sly smirk and points to his head saying he outsmarted them.

*COMMERCIAL*

Non-title match- Main event
    "Double E" Elijah Edwards vs. "The Indy God" Jonathan McGinnis

The show returns from the final break and there's a buzz amongst the sea of fans when suddenly a familiar theme hits causing them to absolutely erupt...

Elijah steps out soaking the adulation of it all as the fans give off a thunderous ovation for their hometown hero. He walks down to the ring slapping hands with fans along the way.

Lindsay Monahan: Making his way to the ring from right here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and weighing in at 221lbs...ELIJAH EDWARDS!

Jim Taylor: Elijah Edwards receiving a hero's welcome!

Tim Coleman: They've nearly blown the roof off this place!

The crowd's mood changes instantly as they begin to boo loudly for Jonathan McGinnis, who struts out while proudly displaying his world championship for all to see.

Lindsay Monahan: and his opponent from Montreal, Canada by way of Los Angeles, California, he weighs in tonight at 207lbs and he is the current CWA World Heavyweight Champion..."Indy God" JONATHAN MCGINNIS!

Tim Coleman: I don't get it Jim. McGinnis is from Canada just like Edwards, why won't they cheer for him?

Jim Taylor: McGinnis is from Montreal, another part of Canada. Besides, Elijah Edwards isn't the man that turned his back on the fans...

Tim Coleman: Whatever, these fans would do the same thing if they were given the choice.

The bell rings as the crowd is HOT for the hometown boy, Elijah. Meanwhile, McGinnis is seeing this support for his opponent and seems confused, saying "You actually LIKE this loser?" McGinnis shakes his head as if he can't believe this as he goes to jaw-jack with Elijah, but gets surprised with a schoolboy roll-up, which McGinnis kicks out of at one. McGinnis scrambles to his feet, only to get drilled with a dropkick. McGinnis gets up again, only to get dropkicked hard into the corner. Elijah wastes no time in following up with a running knee to the midsection followed by a barrage of elbows. Edwards rolls McGinnis out of the corner and drills him with a rolling uppercut to the back of the head. The World Champion is rocked as Elijah again goes for the cover, just getting a two count.

Edwards' strategy is pretty clear: hit quickly, hit hard, and score the upset. He is moving quicker than ever before, raining down offense at a blistering pace in an attempt to keep McGinnis down long enough to pin him. However, the roar and adulation of the crowd proves to be both Edwards' greatest asset and his worst enemy. Why? Edwards basks in the cheers for just a bit too long as he brings McGinnis up for a suplex, only for McGinnis to fight out and deliver his superkick!

Edwards falls hard to the mat as McGinnis's eyes go wild with a sort of crazed indignation as he descends on Edwards like a feral beast, battering the former High Voltage Champion repeatedly and shouting at him, as if McGinnis is enraged that Edwards would even try to win. "Don't you know who the f**k I am, you f**king scrub?!" and other such colorful language spew out of the mouth of the egomaniac World Champion as he grabs Edwards by the hair and VERY pointedly tells him that he's not better than him before planting him with a spinning back kick.

McGinnis doesn't go for the cover, however...point of fact, McGinnis isn't even bothering with covers. McGinnis wants retribution for Edwards' earlier flurry of offense and proceeds to batter and beat the Canadian Sensation with every stiff blow and kick in his arsenal. The crowd boos McGinnis voraciously as McGinnis tells them all to go fornicate with their streetwalking mothers as he goes for several double underhook suplexes, further punishing Edwards in front of his family and friends. As if that wasn't bad enough, McGinnis goes even more superkick spam happy as he puts Edwards on his knees and repeatedly pelts him with superkick after superkick after superkick, the final one sending Edwards out of the ring.

Edwards is loopy as McGinnis poses in the ring, a wild look on his face as he proclaims himself "the greatest." He sizes up Edwards for one of his patented suicide dives...

NO! WAIT! As McGinnis goes for the dive, Edwards SOMEHOW had just enough wherewithal to clock McGinnis with an elbow smash, flush to the side of the head! The two men are out on the ringside floor as the referee begins the count. Both Edwards and McGinnis are slow to stir as the ref gets to five before either starts to move. McGinnis is the first to get in at seven, and Edwards JUST manages to get in before ten, continuing the match to the delight of CWA's Canadian fans.

If McGinnis wasn't pissed before, he sure is now as he sets up Edwards for Something Light...but Edwards counters that into a back body drop. McGinnis is fairly quick to his feet only to get met with a forearm smash from Edwards, which McGinnis reciprocates. The two men stand toe to toe, trading forearms. McGinnis fueled by disdain and madness, and Edwards by guts and heart and the love of his hometown crowd. McGinnis eventually gets the better of it as he batters Edwards for a bit before looking for a suplex...but Edwards counters into a suplex of his own! McGinnis is sitting on the mat as Edwards rebounds off the ropes and DRILLS McGinnis with a bicycle kick! Edwards immediately goes for the cover, but McGinnis kicks out...EDWARDS TRANSITIONS INTO A CROSSFACE! CROSSFACE! The World Champion is writhing in pain as Edwards wrenches back, hoping against hope that he can make the World Champion tap. However, McGinnis only has to endure the pain for a few seconds, as Edwards miscalculated McGinnis's proximity to the ropes.

With a break forced, Edwards, running on nothing but adrenaline and hometown pride, picks McGinnis up, looking to put this match away with a butterfly suplex. But adrenaline can only go so far as the damage dealt means he's slow to lock his fingers and McGinnis is allowed to escape. McGinnis goes for a retaliatory superkick, but Edwards ducks it and goes for a discus lariat of his own...but McGinnis traps his arm and delivers the heart punch! But not just one, he delivers a second one! Despite the fact that a heart punch is a dangerous and deadly move, McGinnis does not care as he delivers a third! Edwards falls to the mat clutching his chest as if he was stabbed, as McGinnis looks over him with a sick and satisfied grin on his face.

The crowd is NUCLEAR as McGinnis taunts them while standing over their fallen hero, telling them that they owe everything to him. McGinnis is securely smug in his dominance...

...but that smugness goes to out-and-out crazed ranting as he points to the stands and starts shouting things like "What the hell are you doing? We're done! DONE!" Who does he see in the crowd? None other than the man who has the next shot at McGinnis...the man he screwed, "Inhuman" Jon Snowmantashi. Snowmantashi stands in the throngs of fans like a stone pitbull as McGinnis rants and raves...

...1?

...2?

THREE?! WHAT THE? MCGINNIS'S DISTRACTION COST HIM DEARLY! Edwards was able to recover just enough to backslide the World Champion and score the upset! The hometown boy wins! Edward quickly vacates the ring before McGinnis can respond and joins the sea of friends and family to celebrate! McGinnis is beside himself as Snowmantashi looks on stoically and Edwards is basking in the glow of the biggest win of his career!!!

Lindsay Monahan: The winner of the match, Elijah Edwards!

Jim Taylor: Talk about an upset!

Tim Coleman: This is a travesty! That was a fast count!

Jim Taylor: I'm afraid we are out of time for tonight fans, good night from Toronto!

The show closes with Edwards celebrating with his friends and family...

*END SHOW*
    Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Indy Talent

Status

Re: Adrenaline Rush: Live!

Solid show as always. The stuff with Jenni Vegas and Ariel is intriguing, and Vegas v Savage was excellent at World's Strongest so round 2 should be fun. The Krash segment was really well written and I enjoyed the cut to The Echo at the end. Congrats to Gambit. Massive win there and you had a very good promo this week, so it was well earned.

HOSS MOD

Status

So, we had a pretty small turnout this week. I know that the holiday had a lot to do with that, so I hope everyone's cool with how the show turned out.

Here's hoping for our usual turnout for the next AR!

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I didn't want to be the first to bring it up, but I have to say I am a tad concerned. I feel like activity in the fed has only decreased as FWA has increased and I'm worried what'll happen if this keeps on going down this road.

That being said, yeah great show. Good man E double, welcome to the main event. We've been waiting for you
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Erija's win means that the High Voltage triple threat is the true main event of the next PPV, right right?

Not a good week for the Club this week.

I wouldn't worry about activity just yet - the CWA goes through its lulls sometimes.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Hakuna Matata

Status
      Country                    United States

I'll take the blame on the low turnout considering I made the deadline on a holiday last week. I just wanted to give everyone a full week to get something in, still a good show though and I'm glad you all liked it.

Look out for the next card being put up as soon as possible.
    Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Urg. We get it Jim. You're super nice. no need to rub it in people's faces.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

HOSS MOD

Status

If it makes you feel better, AON, I can always go back to threatening people with grievous bodily and psychological harm to coerce people to step their games up.

I'd be more than happy to do that for ya, buddy.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Solid win for SS. Pretty good show. The Indy Club is reeling after this one. I'm shocked and ecstatic on the win. Character wise it elevates Elijah Edwards to the next level in CWA. Also makes the High Voltage Championship match soon that much more important.

Thread Information