Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantrax General Information and Announcements

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Fantrax Sign Ups 2016/7

My only goal this year is to beat Jon. If I can do that I can die happy.
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

can we rename our teams?

#teamfuckJon

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    can we rename our teams?

#teamfuckJon
    Yeah man, team permissions. Just changed mine now
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truth is I'm just as a cool person and good to talk to with in any topic on this forum as much as my homie Raiz, the problem is like many of you are still hanging me from mistakes I made here years ago and you look down upon for me and say hey that's why we can't take this guy serious here and you know what I'm talking about. Listen here I'm not shocked to hear these words from you, but ask anyone including the 10 votes I got here and they'll tell you yeah hoho can get naughty

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I'll get back to you, but I do have some interest in this.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    I'll get back to you, but I do have some interest in this.
    Goddamn cocktease
    Truth is I'm just as a cool person and good to talk to with in any topic on this forum as much as my homie Raiz, the problem is like many of you are still hanging me from mistakes I made here years ago and you look down upon for me and say hey that's why we can't take this guy serious here and you know what I'm talking about. Listen here I'm not shocked to hear these words from you, but ask anyone including the 10 votes I got here and they'll tell you yeah hoho can get naughty

WC Fantrax Premiership

Olympic Hero Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Ruud van Nipplejoy will win everything this year, mark my words.

Three divisions would be pretty damn awesome btw.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Im cool with a larger second division or whatever. Either way, more the merrier. Just make sure we get our north American derby running. Especially if BP and SS are in.

Jerker Curtain

Status
      Country                    Australia

I do like a system of more than 1 up, 1 down personally. I liked the idea of the 7th placed team in Prem playing the runner up of Div 1 but that isn't practical.

Whether it's 2 or 3 divisions, that's up to you haha.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blonde View Post
    I liked the idea of the 7th placed team in Prem playing the runner up of Div 1 but that isn't practical.
    Ok I like this idea more than anything else. I'd have to do it manually though.

Let me explore.

Any feedback on striker points lads? Or leave it as is but with Gks down 1 point?

WC Fantrax Premiership

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Ok I like this idea more than anything else. I'd have to do it manually though.

Let me explore.

Any feedback on striker points lads? Or leave it as is but with Gks down 1 point?
    Really enjoyed Giroud/Griezmann carrying both PS and I in the Euros, swelled the value of my striker (and in the case of Lukaku's failings, costs me). So I'm all for an extra point per goals scored.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Yeah strikers should get more. I spent most of last season playing strikers in midfield if I could.

When the black man talkin

Status

As someone who hasn't been following this, is there a post with all the rules and procedures?

People's Champion

Status

I'm in.

Ill come back to you shortly with my views on divisions and point scoring.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    As someone who hasn't been following this, is there a post with all the rules and procedures?
    Yeah man, let me get on the wifi and ill find it for ya

WC Fantrax Premiership

People's Champion

Status

Here's my thoughts.

Divisions

If we can get 3 then I would be happy to see the project expand.

If Nash wants to do 2 up 2 down I think it would be interesting indeed. Although the option of what to do with the play-offs could be solved with a Prem Division followed by a Division 1A and Division 1B. Both division 1 play-off winners then go up? Of course that would depend on having 24 guys ready to play.

Scoring

Strikers always had 4 for a goal? I'd like to see that increase to 5. Goals should be an important part of the scoring process. It's what we most associate football with.

As for decreases I would have defender assists come down to 3 as they have the clean sheet extra to add to their points. Whilst I'd have keepers clean sheet drop to 3 too if their save points are staying.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

This statement applys to me as well (as you know, Nash ) , but fully interested in doing this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

On Vacation

Status

Heres what Nash posted last year

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Right lads, competing in the all singing, all dancing, WC Fantrax Division 2 this year we haveeee:

Disco Pants - Mikk
    Marshall's Rangers - Marshall
    mrblonde - mrblonde
    Night's Watch - Jon Snow
    Order's Allstars - Order
    Swedgeheads - Shake
    Team DarkestEarth - DarkestEarth
    Wooden Warriors - Dmac

For those of you who don't know how this thing works, let me spell out the basics for ya. A lot of this is copied from the post I made a few years ago:

The Draft

We start with a draft - meaning only one of each player is available for the whole year. It's a basic serpentine system where picks will be decided using a random number generator. It works as follows for a mock draft of, say, me Mikk and Order. For the purpose of demonstration Order is assigned 1st pick randomly, Mikk is assigned 2nd pick and I am (of course) last.

Order - Wayne Rooney
    Mikk - Jozy Altidore
    Nash - Sergio Aguero , Eden Hazard
    Mikk - Adam Johnson
    Order - Bastian Schweinsteiger

and so on and so on.

There are 3 drafts a year, one starting next Monday (I'll do your order as soon as I can), one at the end of the Summer Transfer Window, one at the end of the January Window. This is because all the players signed in these transfer windows enter the player pool freely, and then it becomes a cat and mouse game of who got what free agent first rather than a game of skill.

Important: Once the draft opens next Monday, and players NEW TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE will be ineligible for draft and will go in the player pool for the second draft. This basically means players from relegated teams (Charlie Austin, Nikica Jelavic) or foreign imports. If you break this rule, you'll be auto moved to the bottom of the draft and your player removed.

Scoring

Once the draft has been completed and the whole team has been picked, you face one specific opponent a weeke.g my fixtures would read:

Nash vs Mikk Week 1
    Nash vs Order Week 2

You go directly head to head and the person with the most points that week gets a Win.
    The points distribution is as follows:

Goalkeepers
    Game Played - 1
    Clean Sheets - 3
    Goals Against - -1
    Penalty Saves - 2
    Saves - 1

Defenders
    Assists - 4
    Clean Sheets - 3
    Goals - 6
    Game Played - 2

Midfielders
    Assists - 3
    Clean Sheets - 1
    Goals - 5
    Game Played - 2

Forwards
    Assists - 3
    Goals - 4
    Game Played - 2

All Players
    Yellow Cards - -1
    Red Cards - -5
    Own Goals - -3

Top 4 teams with the Most wins goes to the playoffs, and the chance to win the title and promotion to the Prem! I'm going to figure out how we're going to do it at a later date, but it's currently 1 up, 1 down with a 2nd place vs 7th place playoff.

There's a lot of strategy in drafting and organizing a team per week, and it really flexs your fantasy brains. It requires dedication, otherwise it all goes to shit, but you guys are good skin so we'll see how it goes.

Transfers and Rosters

- There is such a thing as an Injured Reserve spot, which can be used if one of your players gets injured and you don't want to necessarily drop him for anyone to pick up. You can keep him, but he won't count towards your Squad Of 16, meaning you can add whoever you want.

You can add up to 2 players a week from the Free Agent pool of players not currently assigned to rosters. Should you drop a player, say Nemanja Matic, he will go on something called 'The Waiver Wire', which means that multiple teams can bid for that player services and he will be assigned to the team who last picked up a player the longest time ago. It's complicated, but it becomes so simple to understand after a few tries. It's very intuitive.

You must play a keeper, at least 3 defenders, at least 3 midfielders and at least 1 striker every week. No 2-2-8 formations lads.

Trading will occur throughout the season, and have a deadline around March time. It's awesome negotiating trades, and is probably my favourite thing about the game. The more the better!

Tips

- Don't get caught up in hipster picks and fancy free agent pick ups. 30-40 points regularly will usually be enough to get you a result week in week out.

- Don't be the guy that A) holds the draft up B) complains about people holding the draft up or C) complaining about bullshit scoring

- Download the app. It's clunky and crappy and barely even works. While you're at it, remember to change a players status to 'Reserve' if you add him from 'Free Agency', if you add him under the 'Active' setting it'll think you have too many players starting and block the move. You may think I'm talking gibberish but I guarantee 50% of you will ask me about this at some point.

- Trading can be seen as risky, but it's worth it usually. Freshening teams up have seen many people hit a huge run of form, but have also seen people lose their playoff spot.

- Shit talking is encouraged, as are funny pun Team names and rinsing people's shitty draft picks

- I'll be blocking out the drafts for the 2 divisions so that people don't just copy the next pick from each draft. I'll open the threads up to everyone after the drafts are complete. Any questions, I'm at the end of a PM.

- If you have any questions, ask anyone in the Prem or just shoot me a PM and I'll answer quickly. I may even give advice if you fuckers need a second opinion, although I've been robbed in this thing for years.

So that's it, Any questions?
    Some of the points scoring could change this season.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Here's my thoughts.

Divisions

If we can get 3 then I would be happy to see the project expand.

If Nash wants to do 2 up 2 down I think it would be interesting indeed. Although the option of what to do with the play-offs could be solved with a Prem Division followed by a Division 1A and Division 1B. Both division 1 play-off winners then go up? Of course that would depend on having 24 guys ready to play.

Scoring

Strikers always had 4 for a goal? I'd like to see that increase to 5. Goals should be an important part of the scoring process. It's what we most associate football with.

As for decreases I would have defender assists come down to 3 as they have the clean sheet extra to add to their points. Whilst I'd have keepers clean sheet drop to 3 too if their save points are staying.
    Holy shit I love all of this. 1A 1B (or La Liga and Serie A) would definitely solve most of my issues. Whoever comes 7th picks which league they go to as well I guess. nice

Scoring wise that could well work. For GKs, maybe a flat 2 for an apprarance and 3 for a clean sheet may take the edge out the game, thats why i like the saves and goals against rule.

WC Fantrax Premiership

On Vacation

Status

I also like the IA IB idea, I also think that if you do that then you could draw the bottom the two leagues every year to keep things fresher.

For A Better WC

Status

Div 1A and 1B (or a more interesting name) is a decent shout by Syko and solves your problems with doing 2 up 2 down. I like the hook of the only way to get into the premier league is to do a PS and win a playoff. Also with 16 players treated as the same level, if you get a situation next year where 2 guys drop out of League 1A, you can move people from 1B around and you won't be screwing them over. There are cons to it though, it means you can't introduce relegation to Div 1 and you probably won't ever be able to do that as you'd then need a 4th and 5th league to be below 1A and 1B and we'd never have that many sign ups for trax.

I'd be against Syko's planned change to defender assists, defender's getting assists are rare (well rarer than mids and strikers) and that should be reflected in them getting the extra point for an assist.

Actually now I look into this give strikers an extra point for goal issue, doesn't that then create an issue when mids and strikers earn the same point for a goal? I think Craig Gardner should earn more points for a single goal than Sergio Aguero because of the position they play.

The big issue from last year is goalkeepers being the highest scorers. The ideal thing would be .5 points a save but that's impossible to implement so we'll have to go with taking a GP or CS point off them.

Thread Information