Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Euro 2016 Final Discussion thread

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Euro 2016 Final Discussion thread

Kudos to Portugal for finally getting that monkey off their back. First major tournament win for them. Do they deserve it though? Absolutely not.

I will admit that the were the better team in the semi final and deserved to win that game, and last night against France they were again the better team. However, overall performance at this tournament? Terrible. It really has been a poor tournament overall in terms of the quality of the football.
    Can't believe that Eder, an averagely average striker, won the game for them. Great strike mind, don't take anything away from that. All the headlines are about Ronaldo though as opposed to the team, which is very unfair. I won't deny that Ronaldo has carried Portugal, and has done for some time, but they won that final last night without him, yet most of the headlines are about him as opposed to the country.

Disappointed for France too, they've played some good football on the whole.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Crap final, not a great tournament overall and specifically for England a downright disaster.

I think it's hilarious however that the biggest triumph in Portuguese football history has nothing to do with Ronaldo and he is forever indebted to his teammates for pulling out the victory, yet I've seen nothing but CR7 in the media this morning.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Crap final, not a great tournament overall and specifically for England a downright disaster.

I think it's hilarious however that the biggest triumph in Portuguese football history has nothing to do with Ronaldo and he is forever indebted to his teammates for pulling out the victory, yet I've seen nothing but CR7 in the media this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    It's also incredible to think that Ronaldo will get so much praise for this win and his face will be plastered all over the media despite only playing 20 mins .
    Was never in doubt . In the battle of Messi and Ronaldo Ronaldo won this round big time (without even playing 80% of the match). Ronaldo's face was always gonna be all over this if Portugal won but Messi losing his final and retiring added fuel to the fire. No way the Media were gonna let the opportunity to pit the two against each other slide.

Thread Information