Thread: Super J Cup 2016

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

NJPW Super J Cup 2016

The full list of participants was revealed today and I believe the first show is just now two weeks away - so time for the thread.

Full list of participants and representations

BUSHI (Los Ingobernables de Japon/NJPW)
    Daisuke Harada (NOAH)
    Eita (Dragon Gate)
    Gurukun Mask (Ryukyu Dragon)
    Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)
    Kaji Tomato (K-Dojo)
    Kenoh (NOAH)
    KUSHIDA (NJPW)
    Matt Sydal (ROH)
    Ryusuke Taguchi (NJPW)
    Taichi (Suzuki-gun)
    Taiji Ishimori (NOAH)
    Titan (CMLL)
    Will Ospreay (CHAOS/NJPW)
    Yoshinobu Kanemaru (Suzuki-gun)
    Yuma Aoyagi (AJPW)

The first round will take place on July 20th and then the quarters, semis and final will take place on August 21. Obviously, Naomichi Marufuji, the current holder, is not going to be a part of this but there's a previous two time winner in Jushin Liger taking part.

First Round Matchups

The winner of Match 1 takes on the winner of Match 2 in the next round and so on.

1. Jushin Thunder Liger vs Eita
    2. Yuma Aoyagi vs Taichi

3. KUSHIDA vs Taiji Ishimori
    4. Gurukun Mask vs Kenoh

5. Ryusuke Taguchi vs Daisuke Harada
    6. BUSHI vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru

7. Titan vs Will Ospreay
    8. Matt Sydal vs Kaji Tomato

------------------------------------------

Ospreay and KUSHIDA can meet in the final - really hope they don't go down this route but I feeling that they might so Ospreay can finally beat him. Don't see him being given the BOSJ and the Super J Cup though. I also doubt they'd bring Titan in just to job in the first round to Ospreay but who knows. I'm very curious to see how this all pans out. I think we will probably see BUSHI vs Titan in one semi final though. I imagine KUSHIDA could get eliminated by someone and that could turn into a title shot or whatever where KUSHIDA retains. Not sure on how this goes at all.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Re: Super J Cup 2016

Titán and Ishimori, possibly Harada all go out in the first round. But Taichi essentially gets a bye (and could easily be in the semis). That alone makes me not wanna watch any of this quite frankly.

But I will because there's actually some pretty crazy cool matchups. Titán/Ospreay could be the best match of the tournament. Ishimori/KUSHIDA is probably going to be incredible.

KUSHIDA/Ospreay would be a mistake imo or at least not what I want to see. I'd love to see both KUSHIDA & Ospreay take a dive early and have Taguchi represent NJPW in the final. Sadly I think he could be the one of the NJPW crew to take the fall. Also think Liger could lose to Eita though I like Liger and wish he'd do good.

Think ultimately it will be KUSHIDA/BUSHI with BUSHI winning and setting up a challenge. Don't really want that either but we'll see. Should be some gems even in the worst case scenario.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

KUSHIDA vs Ishimori should be a fun one. Shame that's a first round match.

No way they should run Ospreay/KUSHIDA for the final. In kind of with Zero, just something I really don't want to really see right now but it's pretty much expected that either or both men are making the finals.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Still Kicking It

Status

Agreed about Ospreay/KUSHIDA. You do all that just to have a match you have seen the last two times. Lots of good potential matchups here, and a good way for me to get familiar with the new talent. Ishimori vs. Liger sounds cool. Taichi could be that heel that advances, and Sydal could be the wild card.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
    I watched the first round. The mixed bag I was expecting.

Sydal vs Tomato was a really good start to the show. I wonder what people who never saw K-Dojo thought of him. LOL.

Kenoh vs Gurukun Mask! Even if I had never seen GM I really thought he looked great especially for his age. Kenoh was just awesome here. Arguably the best performance of the night imo. Good stuff.

Aoyagi vs Taichi was horrible. Fuck Taichi is bad. The finish got all sort of messed up. I hated this match.

Liger/Eita was a good match, a lot of people surprised Eita lost. I think Eita deserved better don't get me wrong but this is Liger's last big spotlight and I was confident this would happen. Great callback to Super J Cup '94!

Titán/Ospreay was great for its time but just ended in 9 minutes. If they cut the Taichi match in half and added it to this we have a ****+ match easy. Sad Titán didn't move forward.

Kanemaru put in a pathetic performance and I can't believe he was in this period. BUSHI was better but this was bad.

Taguchi/Harada was pretty sweet, was gutted Harada was taken out so early but hopefully they go again because there was a lot of good in this match. Got time too.

Thought the main event was awesome and ****+ for sure. I really loved Ishimori/KUSHIDA and the matwork, the flying, the exchanges, transitions, and speed. Everything was awesome in this. Defintely check this out.

My only interest in this is if Kenoh can beat KUSHIDA. I'd love if he did but we'll see I guess.

Status

Really worried we are getting Ospreay vs KUSHIDA again.

But Taguchi might get his revenge first... if he can get past Kanemaru.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Anyone seen the finals yet?

Pretty underwhelming if I'm honest - in terms of the tournament. Matches like Bucks vs MCMG and Momo no Seishun Tag vs ACH/Ishimori were fun.

Pretty surprised to see KUSHIDA win as I expected him to lose to Kenoh so that we'd have Kenoh vs KUSHIDA for the title down the line but guess not. Kanemaru and Taichi are fucking bad. Ospreay/Sydal was fun too and both put in good work.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I read the results and it doesn't sound too appealing outside of a couple of matches. Comes across like a missed opportunity to put on a great tournament because they were set on pushing Suzuki-gun. I hear Taichi knocked it out the park funnily enough it was his match on night 1 that made me stop watching the show and I still haven't returned to it. Can't believe I was a mark for him years ago.

Status

Taichi's entrance takes the absolute piss. His matches were bad... possibly even worse than his first match. It was a tournament with potential but it's been marred with stupid booking. Ed? A mark for Taichi? Oh my. What was going on there?

I think you should watch KUSHIDA/Ishimori from the first show, that was good... and KUSHIDA as usual did fine in his matches here. The final was actually decent and there was kind of a coherent story to it in that KUSHIDA had survived Taichi's antics and had to overcome more Suzukigun bullshit. Guess he was a bit of an underdog.

Not a memorable tournament at all.

Looks like we're getting Jado/Gedo vs Momo no Seishun Tag for the GHC belts and Young Bucks called out Briscoes so that can be interesting. Are they just going to merge the tag division or something? Would make a lot of sense.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 08-21-2016 at 05:44 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

KUSHIDA/Ishimori is well worth watching and Titán/Ospreay was good except they gave it like half the time they should have.

KUSHIDA/Kenoh suffered from a similar problem as Titán/Ospreay but was probably the best of the tournament matches on the show.

Ospreay/Sydal was good too but again, not what it could have been seemingly.

The Lucha match was a pretty sweet showcase, with Carístico's post-match being an easy highlight of the whole show. My second favorite match on the show.

Momo no Seishun tag continue their tag run of awesomeness against ACH/Ishimori. All 4 of these guys should have been in the finals instead of who we actually got. Best match on the show easily.

YB/MCMG had to be the first actively good YB match I can remember. Wish MCMG had won but would for sure rate this over any of the tournament matches.

Taichi & Kanemaru are brutal and they embarrassed themselves as usual. Safely skip their crap. Oh wait, that's most of the show.

This was a pretty massive failure of a tournament.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I used to mark for Yujiro a few years back so I can't really shit on Ed.

Not too eager to watch most of this but I'll try to check out the good stuff.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Yujiro was decent a few years ago though right? Maybe Taichi was too.

Zero pretty much said what the good stuff was. BUSHI had some great heel work in his match too.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information