GMT Baby

Status

Euro 2016 7-a-side - The Final - Jon Snow v PS

The Final - Jon Snow v PS

Current Score:
    PS 26-26 Jon Snow

Tale of the tape:

Jon Snow 2/1 outsider:

Jon likes to promote himself as the underdog in these competitions, but with players as clueless as Mikk and Dmac we all know that isn't really the case. Jon has proven himself a smart player, with pickups like Renato Sanches and Jakub Blaszczykowski providing him with very useful points.

Jon sneaked into the knockout-rounds, finishing 5 points clear of elimination way back in the group stages. Since then, he hasn't looked back, demolishing me in the next round before dispatching Mr Blonde to reach the final.

In this situation, he will be seen as the underdog against Fantrax-giant PS, a tag that Jon will be delighted with.

Current Squad:

Hennessey (2), Cedric (11), Draxler (1), Sanches (6), Kante (0), Giroud (4), Robson-Kanu (2)

PS 8/11 favourite:

I think we are all probably thinking the same thing, how has this **** got to yet another Fantrax final. I continue to maintain it is all just absurd luck. However, the statistics would prove otherwise, PS has been the highest scorer in both knockout-rounds, proving again that he has more nous than all of us, and recognising that finishing well is the key to Fantrax success.

Having a bye in the Semi-Final obviously helped PS massively, but with Griezmann on fire PS has to be in with a chance of victory.

"Its Fantrax Prem vs Fantrax Div 1, its Britain vs North America, its the King vs the Underdog, and its LIVE... right after the break."

Current Squad:

Neuer (2), A. Williams (2), Pepe (6), Taylor (2), Ramsey (0), Coman (2), Griezmann (12).

Format:

Simple enough from here on out. Jon and PS have agreed to a system by which they can make 3 transfers each in a draft-style, to ensure that both go into the final with a full quota of players.

The Fantrax final includes the Euro 2016 Semi-Final and Final, so the scoring will be done across all 3 games, Wales v Portugal, Germany v France, and the Final.

Mini-Draft:

As the highest point scorer between the two, PS will have the virtue of picking first in this mini-draft.

Please state both the player you will be claiming, and the player you will be dropping, and remember that your team still has to use a valid formation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Simmo; 07-10-2016 at 07:14 PM.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Re: Euro 2016 7-a-side - The Final - Jon Snow v PS

Nice write up Simmo. Rambo suspension could be key for me.

Gonna gamble on Wales doing the business and picking Ashley Williams. Dropping JVert.

And he scores goals...!

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

I've gotten lucky with Blascykowski & Sanches. Lukaku can swap with Hal Robson-Kanu, I think he might be the last dangerous forward available and Wales can definitely get some goals off against Portugal.

Sorry about the late post PS, dont work tomorrow so we should be able to get through it quickly enough.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

No worries, still plenty of time.

Was considering him myself. I'll go Neil Taylor for Bonucci.

And he scores goals...!

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

i hate PS

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2018 - 20/15/1 - 4th in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

No One

Status

Taking another Frenchman is a risky decision, but Blaise Matuidi for Blascykowski. Might get lucky and get an assists but don't have huge expectations here.

No One

Status

Double post, didn't realize Matuidi was unavailable, Kante instead.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

I'd have taken Matuidi if he was available myself haha.

I'm in two minds between Moutinho and Coman. One's likely to start and one's a guaranteed sub, going to take the risk and go with the sub - Coman for Giac.

And he scores goals...!

No One

Status

Pray for Portugal to make finals. Cedric as my defender swaps in for Alaba.

GMT Baby

Status

Job done, good work lads, bring on the final!

GMT Baby

Status

Confirmed Lineups:

PS:

Wales' fairytale has clearly caught PS' imagination, and in the last few days he has brought in two Swansea boys, Ashley Williams and Neil Taylor, to try and take him to further unprecedented fantasy glory.

Having said that, Griezmann remains his key man, and he will be hoping the wildcard of Kingsley Coman can prove to be an inspired pickup.

However, with question marks over Pepe's fitness, Coman's lack of pitch time, and Ramsey's suspension, is PS' side in danger of succumbing to Jon's squad of guaranteed starters?

Jon Snow:

Snow's boys will continue with the tried and tested 1-3-2 formation for the final. He too has looked to our Welsh friends for inspiration in the transfer market over the last few days, bringing in everybody's favourite free agent, Hal Robson-Kanu. Alongside the Welshman, he has added the ever reliable N'Golo Kante to add some guaranteed points to his flair-filled midfield. His tactic of playing without a recognised defender since the elimination of Austria in the group stages has been admirable, but even he couldn't legislate for it in the final, drafting in a lad from his beloved Saints, Cedric Soares.

As far as a key man goes, this final could very well come down to who blows the hottest out of Olivier Giroud and Antoine Griezmann.

Last edited by Simmo; 07-06-2016 at 08:14 AM.

GMT Baby

Status

Its very much advantage Jon after Portugal's shut out against Wales. He holds a 13-4 lead going into tomorrow's other semi-final, with PS' hopes of glory resting squarely on the shoulders of the tournament's top goalscorer, Antoine Griezmann.

GMT Baby

Status

Griezmann at the double:

Antoine Griezmann's heroics mean PS is still in with a fighting chance heading into Sunday's final. However, with injury concerns over Pepe and Coman's failure to make it onto the field tonight, he may well be placing too much pressure on King Griez.

Jon, on the other hand, may get over the line through appearances alone, as Sanches, Cedric, and Giroud look certainties to start the final, with N'Golo Kante also pushing for a start.

But its all square at the moment.

PS 16-16 Jon Snow

No One

Status

Fuck you Griez. Fuck you.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Yeah I'm the epitome of a one man team now, good chance I have only the one player in the final! Hard to win like that unless Griez has another stormer.

And he scores goals...!

GMT Baby

Status

Final Score:

PS 26-26 Jon Snow
    (PS wins by highest individual scorer tiebreaker)

He has ****ing done it again. Congratulations to PS on claiming the inaugural Eurotrax crown by the very skin of his teeth. It may have been all about Portugal tonight, but Antoine Griezmann's Semi-Final heroics have seen PS win his first international trophy, adding to his trio of domestic honours.

He has done what he does best, come good when it matters, scoring the most points in every single knockout round. It was his defence that saw him through in the early stages of the tournament, but he has had to rely on the individual brilliance of a player he drafted, and I quote, "because I was hungover to fuck and Ed mentioned him" to see him over the line.

Honourable mention to our valiant loser Jon Snow, who pushed PS all the way in a great final. Had his inspired pick of Cedric Soares not been counterbalanced by the equally disastrous pick of N'Golo Kante (that seemed safe as houses) we might have a different story. One thing is for sure, Jon has certainly bucked that tag of the underdog North American, whether he likes it or not!

PS sneaks it in the most dramatic manner!:

In an unbelievable Eurotrax final we have a tie!

The tiebreaker of highest individual scorer (Antoine Griezmann 12-11 Cedric Soares) sees PS crowned champion, fully living up to his double-billing as a flukey **** and a 1-man team.

Story of the night:

We started at 16-16.

Jon received 5 points for Cedric, 3 for Renato Sanches, and 2 for Olivier Giroud.

PS received 6 for Pepe, 2 for Kingsley Coman, and 2 for Antoine Griezmann.

This left us at 26-26. Antoine Griezmann was the highest point scorer over the course of this final, claiming 12 points over Cedric's 11, meaning PS claims the title in dramatic fashion.

"I SWEAR YOU'LL NEVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN".

Stats - Jon's right to feel aggrieved?:

Kingsley Coman came on in the 58th minute, meaning he claimed PS 2 points for playing 60 minutes, after the game went to extra-time. Meaning that had he been subbed on a mere 3 minutes later, or we had got the same result within 90 minutes, he would have only claimed 1 point, and Jon would've been crowned champion.

N'Golo Kante failed to get onto the pitch tonight, any appearance for him would've seen Jon over the line. He also came on in the Semi-Final against Germany but a late yellow card deprived Jon of an all important point.

Cedric Soares' yellow card not only helped us land at a tie, but also meant that his individual score was 11, 1 short of Griezmann, which would've left us tied up on the tiebreaker as well!

Thanks to you all for participating, I hope you enjoyed! See you in 2 years for Worldtrax - The Putin Edition.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Unlucky Jon lad, that's as close as I've come to losing a final. Crazy how tight that was, got some serious luck for that to swing my way in the end! Whenever Griez missed that sitter I thought I was done for!

Anyway, big up to Simmo for running this so well and making this relatively boring Euros a little more exciting!

And he scores goals...!

No One

Status

The football gods love PS too much. Kante's yellow and no game time today, as well as Cedric's yellow and the obvious silliness of Coman's sub-in at 58 minutes.

Congrats PS.

Maybe a really bad FanTrax season will get me back that underdog mantel.

Thread Information