Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

God's Gift to God

Status

Re: Overwatch

Still hating competitive. Quick play is annoying now that I've grown accustomed to not being spammed by 4 torbjorns but it's such a fucking crash man. It's unreal how one grouping is ass terrible and the next is mlg levels of effective. Goddamn

GODDAMN

ily

Takes life. Seriously.

Status

I've been playing since launch and I'm still enjoying it. My girlfriend plays on my account too and she is so close to getting me some of the golden guns from competitive play. I usually just play on Quick Play and mainly just get in a groove with some friends and have a good time. The addition of Ana to the game really hasn't changed anything for me seeing as I never play her but it is still a super fun game. If anyone wants to play just let me know and I'll drop my battle.net tag in a personal message.
    If you're reading this it means you're looking at a really old post, or I just recently posted again for some reason. Enjoy it!

God's Gift to God

Status

You on pc or console?

Also I don't understand this game. I was just in a game earlier where we locked down mid and someone on the other team quit so the game ended. And then I immediately got put into a game on a terrible team. It's like the game doesn't want me to win.

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

As much as I can't wait until they get rid of the 'coin flip' tiebreaker in the next competitive season, there's something special about "losing" the toss and still coming out on top. Just ended a game where we pushed so hard on Round 3 they could only close their eyes and take it.

Been using Mei and Lucio for a while and doing pretty well with both, also keeping in practice with Reaper because once I have three hundred comp wins under my belt you know I want those golden guns for my Nevermore skin. Gold and purple? Yes pls. One down, 111 to go. That's factoring in the '80 competitive points' gift that comes with obtaining 53 at least once.

I've been hovering around level 52 for some time now... any progress is instantly negated and any losses recouped the next game. Perfect stasis. There's probably an apt Zenyatta quote for this. Speaking of - not a revelation by any means but Zenyatta/Lucio in any comp is ridiculous. Healing orb on Lucy, Lucy healing work among his buddies while playing decoy and 'pushing' people around, Zenyatta sniping with his orbs, both returning to the objective quickly if they die and respawn together b/c speeeeeeeeeeeeeeed BOOST! Of course a competent Hanzo or Widowmaker would savage this duo in a heartbeat but this is Quick Play we're talking about.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Awesome new Short released, this one's for BASTION (link)

Right in the feels. And now I want to play Bastion today even though I'm quite shit with him/her/it. Well played, Blizzard.

stressed but chillin

Status

Idk how you can't use Bastion. He so fun and easy to pick up and dominate with, especially on defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

He's so easy to pick off and requires really good map knowledge to stick around long. If you pair it with Reinhardt or dva then it's pretty dope. But I mollywop bastions 24/7 son

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Negasonic Teenage Warhead View Post
    Idk how you can't use Bastion. He so fun and easy to pick up and dominate with, especially on defense.
    I just don't like 'sitting still' being the optimal form. Also range or smart Genji are kryptonite. I play defense with unrelenting offense like Reaper or Pharah. Even when I'm Torbjorn I put my turret behind me and get up in faces. Works pretty well for me. Also kind of regretting not getting Origins for that Overgrown Bastion skin.

How's everyone doing with items they want from the Summer Games? They wrap up Tuesday afaik. The only one that I really want that's still eluding me is Americree.

God's Gift to God

Status

I've only obtained like 3 loot boxes during the period and didn't get any summer games loot. I did get two badass skins that are always available out of the summer games box tho

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I've only obtained like 3 loot boxes during the period and didn't get any summer games loot.
    I believe you are guaranteed at least one item but it may have been a shite spray/icon. I got a lot as I was going ham trying to get enough comp wins for gold weapons. After the 80 point gift for reaching a season high of 53, I finish at about 205/300 points for the gold stuff. Probably going to play like a madman once season 2 starts (Sept 6 iirc) because I really want those gold Reaper guns. Gold Genji sword also looks amazing. If I could use 'gold ice' with Mei, that would be my choice in a heartbeat but sadly I do not think that is the case.

God's Gift to God

Status

Yeah I Def got some sprays and shit. But no skins which doesn't bother me. I wasn't that impressed by them and since there's no csgo style marketplace where you can buy and sell your stuff I'm not that interested tbh. If they ever add something like that I might quit my job.

ily

God's Gift to God

Status

Been putting in some good time in quick play to practice for competitive s2. Funny how I used to get so mad at quick play but now I see it strictly as a means of fucking around and practicing characters.

Putting in some good work with Mei. Was actually owning with her on every single game. It's funny because when I get killed by Mei it feels like I'm frozen for an eternity so they can line up head shots. But when I freeze someone it's like they thaw immediately. Just gotta get the timing down to be more effective. It's also all kinds of trolly fun fucking walling people in. It's probably not even the way you're intended to play but when we're pushing enemies I'll wall behind them so they can't backpeddle and I get so many kills that way.

Focused on Hanzo too and man I'm just not cut out for it. Again it just doesn't FEEL the way it seems facing him. It always seems like I'm the victim of lucky head shots and shit because I get owned by Hanzo. But it's difficult for me to deal the same damage. And out of like 6 ults I killed like 3 people. So I need to tighten that too.

Wanna get some time with Genji, McCree, and Winston too. Genji and McCree are sorts irrelevant since they're always taken in competitive but Winston is usually open and useful for attacking. Zenyatta and Symmetra are my two least used so I'll be on them as well.

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

It's always amusing when people rage in quick play, forgetting that it's quick play and not the uber serious Competitive environment. Quick is definitely best played as a 'fuck around playground.' That is where I spend my time as Mei, or Torb, or Winston, for funsies.

Comp, at least initially, is all Junk, Pharah, or Reap for me. Or Lucio, if people are being stubborn. But it sucks knowing that I'm playing Lucio when I could easily replace lowest damage with gold medals if I were Junk or Reap.

It was interesting to see how Competitive folks and their toxicity spilled into Quick Play once Comp was shut down. Suddenly it became Try-Hard-a-Mania and every other person was tilting hard.

Mei's pretty dope. I feel nearly invincible with her at times, such great escape/hold power, but her Ult, like all Ults I throw, never do what I want them to. Pretty sure she's a beast and it's just my timing but I believe they are actually buffing her soon.

Hanzo seems like he'd be a great class for a cocaine addict. I only ever seem to be effective with him when I'm buzzing off an energy drink and feeling some extreme twitch gameplay. Also have issues with the Ultimate for Hanzo but that's across the board for me - I am legitimately pretty good at the game but just terrible at Ultimates. It's not impatience, it's a curse, I swear!

Genji is getting nerfed, isn't he? Will be interesting to see what happens there because pro Genji annoys the piss out of me but one Winston later and they're not a problem anymore. Same goes with Symmetra, probably Tracer too. I guess what I am saying is Winston is god.

God's Gift to God

Status

Yeah genji loses triple jump and ult goes from 8 to 6 seconds. Just had a decent game with him but I'm also focusing on learning the craft and not playing the game lmao

ily

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

I alluded to it in the Currently Playing thread last week, but boy oh boy is Overwatch fun as dicks or what

I just got off my second game session with friends, loads of fun. Slowly learning more about the characters and abilities and whatnot. Tried out some Soldier: 76, Lucio, Mercy, Zenyatta, Junkrat, Roadhog, and Reinhardt over the past few hours, though mostly sticking with Lucio/Mercy/Zenyatta because the team already had some Attack/Defense heroes, I'm absolutely awful at playing Tanks, and I don't mind playing support at all. Still a fair amount of characters I've yet to even touch, but that'll be for a different session.

So, yeah. Fun stuff, the scenery's beautiful to look at, the characters are all unique and stand out from each other at a glance and have cool stories within the lore, which is a fun bonus. Absolutely gonna give it more plays later.
    THE POWER OF FLUFFY BOYS SHINE WITHIN YOU

God's Gift to God

Status

Overwatch is GOAT and anyone that says otherwise is an offensive Torbjorn.

ily

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

The game is probably one of the best FPS games i've played but I still lost interest in like a week. That's not really because of the game it's more just my personal tastes. I get bored very easy with those type of games when they lack a narrative.

I'm just more of an Action Adventure/RPG guy.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Day View Post
    I get bored very easy with those type of games when they lack a narrative.
    Completely disagree. "Kill each other endlessly to unlock cosmetic items" is story of the year, imo.

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Completely disagree. "Kill each other endlessly to unlock cosmetic items" is story of the year, imo.
    No doubt. It works for most shooter franchises.

Spoiler:

The Man

Status
      Country                    United States

I started this for the first time last night, and I didn't play too much but I dig it from what I did play. I've only used Soldier: 76 and Tracer, both of whom I really like, especially Tracer. I'll play around more with other characters as I continue with it.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Thread Information