Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

God's Gift to God

Status

Re: Overwatch

Finished my placement matches 3-7. Top player on my team in each game. Unbelievable. The last game we got cheesed by two torbjorns and even though I went offensive widow maker and was lighting bitches up we couldn't push. So fucking shitty.

Then in the first regular match it ended in a 0-0 tie. Apparently draws lower your score too. Ok? It must not tie in personal performance at all and is strictly based on team success which sucks for people that play objectives on shitty teams. Next game I went apeshit 38-2 and we won and my ranking only went back up to what it was before the draw.

I don't understand this game anymore.

ily

stressed but chillin

Status

MOMMA PHARAH IS ON CONSOLE. IM HYPE AF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

She might not be momma pharah bro SOMBRA IS COMING. RUN.

from the looks of it Ana is super hard to play. Like retarded hard. Can't wait to end up in a game later on a team full of her

ily

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

you guys should form a WC eSports team for Overwatch and compete in MLG and shit

go get those doritos and mountain dew boyz

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

They don't want none they don't want none

ily

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    you guys should form a WC eSports team for Overwatch and compete in MLG and shit

go get those doritos and mountain dew boyz

I played a couple games last night to try out Ana. First game a teammate picked her, so I went with Pharah. Second round, on defense I got to use Ana and boy was it fun as fuck. Momma Pharah switches between attacking and support so seamlessly. The only main complaint is that teammates will call for healing then rush out of sight towards the enemy, so I don't know how the fuck I'm supposed to heal your stupid asses. Her knock out gun is fun too, it saved my ass a few times in a single round when being rushed by overwhelming characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

She's a little demoralizing to play as because while I'm sure she's doing decent damage and decent heals, unless you are really dedicated to one or the other, it feels like you're doing both half as effective as you should be. The stats/medals and whatnot don't give a clear indication of how you are really doing and in many instances it seems like straight Mercy or Lucio is a better option.

That said, she is a fucking blast to play as. I'm going to try her some more, but my "never again" moment came last night when I managed to sleep dart the enemy Mercy during our final push, entering overtime. Bitch was well asleep and a teammate shot her with one or two bullets. Mercy springs right back up, hits her Ultimate, revives her team and we fail to secure the last checkpoint. I know it's tempting to shoot a sleeping opponent but FFS.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

God's Gift to God

Status

Can confirm Ana is fun. My first game as her I wrecked fucking shop wiping out the other team and healing everyone and their children. I'm princess Diana sans the car accident. But it's hilariously frustrating trying to heal people while they Zig zag out of sight.

HOLD STILL MOTHER FUCKERS

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    it's hilariously frustrating trying to heal people while they Zig zag out of sight.
    How about Lucio jumping in front of your Ult?

No, let's not break it down.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Overwatch PC Patch - July 26, 2016

Here are today's patch notes.

A new patch is now live on Windows PC.

Please note that many of these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.

HERO BALANCE UPDATES

Ana

Biotic Rifle
    Rate of fire increased by 20%
    Magazine size increased from 8 to 10

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    While Ana has been very well received, she was showing to be a little bit weaker overall. In addition to helping her feel better to play, these changes should also increase her healing and damage output.
    McCree

Peacemaker
    Primary Fire:
    Damage falloff range decreased by 10 meters
    Damage falloff amount is unchanged
    As a result, even with this change, McCree’s effective range is still higher than it was at launch
    Alternate Fire:
    Rate of fire increased by 15%

Flashbang
    Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree can fire again) decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    McCree’s latest range increase helped him quite a bit, but it was a bit too much in the right hands. This change weakens his long range damage somewhat, but still keeps it stronger than it has been in the recent past. The other changes combine to allow him to land more alternate fire shots on targets that he has hit with Flashbang.

BUG FIXES

Heroes

Targets of Ana’s Sleep Dart will no longer instantly recover when damaged (recovery time is now 0.5 seconds)

User Interface

Fixed UI compatibility issues for ATI cards
    Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Lúcio, Mei, and other models to only partially render (or disappear)

Played a little Ana today and you can definitely feel the improvement but she's probably still a little too weak to be a better choice than any other character. I'll have to give her some more love later, as I really do enjoy her mechanics, it's just a pain when line of sight is what keeps you alive just as much as it is what turns intended kills into unnecessary heals. Not being able to shoot through allies is a good challenge but she could use more power with her offensive shots or some level of mobility. I had at least one awesome round with her so maybe I have underestimated the patch too soon and the rest was just BM on my part.

McCree, imo, didn't need a buff. But whatever, I'll take the trade-off of having more High Noons in a heartbeat if it means I can actually Ana them out of existence first.
    Last edited by The Natural; 07-26-2016 at 10:39 PM.

God's Gift to God

Status

Ana needs to be faster. She's way too slow and while I can appreciate a mercy/Ana character not being super fast and getting right back into the action heal...they need to at least walk faster than a corpse.

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Finally lost a competitive match to a team with Ana on it, so maybe the buff is working.

Up to 53 or 52 now, previous highest was 50. Hoping to keep on chugging after work today.

Also - don't tell Pharah because I don't want to hurt her feelings - but I'm falling in love with Roadhog! That hook, man. I keep getting kills on people who must have ~15hp remaining and it is so damn gratifying. Only took a game or two to become acclimated with the man and now I don't even consider Reinhardt or D.Va when it's tank time. My favorite skin, I think it's called the Pigpen, where he's completely dirty - goes really well with Toasted, my favorite Junkrat skin. Can't wait for more Australian wasteland characters to be released.

God's Gift to God

Status

Roadhog is amazing. Playing on Ilios and hooking people into the pit is the most fun I've had in this game. Even finding elevated corners to hook people and drag them off the map is great. I think I went like 39-2 with him last night and either got gold or silver across the board. Also had a clutch team kill with DVA. Shielded off a McCree 1v1 and took him out then flanked the payload and detonated killing everyone but Reinhardt then took him out. They had it in overtime and I said YOUR TIME IS UP MY TIME IS NOW.

New DVA feels so good too. Love the defense matrix as a drainable shield. Need to get used to the mech exploding quicker though.

I still hate competitive. I'm 40 because I always get terrible teams that play like they only main a single character and don't change ever. Always at the top like 96% of the time but lose. They really need to factor in personal performance more. Like a whole bunch. My ranking tanks if I do well and my team loses but then we play well as a team and dominate and it barely moves up. They also need to do something about people quitting. 3/5 games either gets canceled at the character menu or cancelled immediately because people quit. People rage quitting to protect their ranking is also fucking annoying. I hope there's something in place that causes them to be banned for like 2 days or some shit if they quit in ranked.

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Hell yes to Roadhog. I was always told I would end up a hooker but I didn't believe it! Ilios's Well, Sanctum on Nepal, and a couple others - so fucking satisfying. I just can't stop. I got the little achievement for ruining High Noon with a hook that dumped them into the Ilios Well and I think that was the moment I truly fell in love. I need to get better at pushing people with his Ultimate but yeah, much love for the Hog.

D.Va action is a welcome change. I want to try and get better with her since the patch, which is funny because I think I may have been more inclined to play her before the patch and haven't since. But yeah, her psuedo-Reinhardt skills with that shield are a game changer. I am constantly getting pissed off as Junkrat or Pharah when my people-pushing moves (mine/missile, respectively) are eaten up by that damn shield.

Competitive sucks without friends or trusted players. I think the best thing you could do at this point (though maybe not if the rest of the folks are level 40) would be to try to make some friends through the game who have proven they aren't retarded and then playing comp alongside them. Of course, real friends work for this too but you'll feel worse when you tell them to kill themselves for not staying on the point. I don't think I've even touched Competitive without friends since placing just because I am so afraid of relying on other people (to stay on the payload, to hold the line, not to play Ana, etc.) that I don't think I would enjoy it.

I did some Quick to get acclimated with Roadhog and spend a little guilt-free time playing Ana - it was really fun but pretty soon you begin to feel a bit like Ryback running through squash matches while the crowd chants 'Goldberg.' Can't complain too much, they're over soon enough and give decent XP, but the matchmaking for them could be a lot better. Also, the Brawl was pretty sweet (McCree/Reaper/Roadhog) to play. I think we got crushed but it was a good time.

As for deterrents to quitting - I think there's something like that in place but not being a fuccboi like those you are describing, I wouldn't know.

What we got for favorite maps?? Right now I'm digging anything Ilios, Nepal's Sanctum, and pretty much all of Lijang Tower or whatever it's called.
    Last edited by The Natural; 07-29-2016 at 12:36 PM.

God's Gift to God

Status

Ilios for sure. Probably my number 1. I fucking hate hanamura or whatever. Hate it so fucking much. Forget the name but whichever payload map starts the offense right by the payload in the little town. I love that one too.

Def could use some new maps soon tho

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I fucking hate hanamura or whatever.
    Try 'Defend' as Reaper, hang out above that first building (past the gate) and either drop down in the Defense-side-Left alley way or smack into the middle of them as they attempt to breach that first gate. Phase in and out as you get heals from a teammate who can still see you (as you should be a good distance from them if they aren't also rushing) and grab that full heal sitting on the first floor of that building. You will learn to love it - on defense at least. I strongly dislike it on Attack but usually do alright with Winston, Pharah or Junkrat there.

Oh yeah and I'm also becoming a big fan of Winston. His bubble shield and 'multiple targets' gun is amazing for dealing with Tracers, Reapers, Junkrats, Pharahs, Anas, you name it. Ooh ohh ah ah indeed.

Also - I love Symmetra on the first round of King's Row defense. That first gateway (between the statue and the bus) becomes a slaughterhouse and my fat Symmetra bubbles tear through everything. Only thing that sucks is there's like nowhere to put the Teleporter that isn't an easy find so you have to trek backwards every so often.

God's Gift to God

Status

I don't mind reaper on defense. Especially that map as I've tried it. I just find that map in general to not be fun whether I'm on the winning side or not.

Forgot kings row too. Love that map.

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I am starting to form a love/hate relationship with Volskaya Industries. Sometimes it's fun but that middle area with the raised jet can be pure hell. That used to be how I felt about Dorado but rushing on Defense as Reaper and tearing them up after they come out is delicious. I saw someone try to do the same while I was Pharah on Attack, I just flew out the right-most exit and pushed him off the ledge. Kek.

And now it's time for Overwatch's SUMMER GAMES 2016!

What does that mean?!

That means some new skins, new victory poses, new highlight intros, new sprays, new icons, and more.

There's a new mode called LUCIOBALL that sees everyone playing as Lucio in what is essentially a poor man's Rocket League. It's fun for a couple rounds but I don't think there's lasting appeal. There are Summer Games Loot Boxes that are separate from the gold loot boxes - you get these in place of the gold boxes from now until August 23rd, when the Summer Games end. My buddy didn't understand and started playing Lucioball over and over to get Summer Games boxes - I still haven't told him he can just play Quick or Competitive.

The following are characters with new skins - some are listed twice b/c some heroes got two. Hella unfair, I know. They are legendary skins that can only be unlocked by earning loot boxes from now to August 23rd - no buying these with credits. Click on any of them for a gallery of the new skins.

Last edited by The Natural; 08-05-2016 at 11:27 PM.

stressed but chillin

Status

I was pretty disappointed that there were no new skins for the characters that I use the most, them being Mei, Pharah, Ana and Bastion.

Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Negasonic Teenage Warhead View Post
    I was pretty disappointed that there were no new skins for the characters that I use the most, them being Mei, Pharah, Ana and Bastion.
    Well if you ever needed encouragement to play more characters... I know I have been taking the opportunity to familiarize myself with more heroes since the fastest way to grind the Summer Boxes is quick play. It's been a blast so far.

There are victory poses and taunts for some of them (Bastion has the great boxing taunt) but yeah, they didn't cover everyone. I believe they are planning this to be an annual thing, so we'll probably see Olympic outfits for a few more heroes next summer (or in winter first).

I've been getting some time in with Zarya, Genji, even Tracer as a result of this update so that's cool. My Genji is pretty ridiculous but nothing special compared to Competitive Rank 60+ Pro-Genjis. I saw the 60+ competitive environment described as 'a survival horror with Genji as the monster' which seems crazy but after going ham with Genji's Ult and a Nano Boost from Ana, I can see how that could be problematic.

A lot of people are bitching about the drop rate and not being able to buy these with credits. ENTITLEMENT, I say. It's a word that gets thrown around too often but I think it's fairly justified here. Blizzard is releasing Sombra along with new items for him and most likely new items for others at the end of the month (Aug 23rd is last Tuesday of month, Sombra is 23rd character...) that can be purchased with the coins. In the meantime, they are offering a random chance 'casino' or 'slots' type reward system that you will earn regardless of what you do (because it unlocks in place of Loot Boxes) with the option to pay money to increase the rate at which you gain the items. Is it designed to encourage people who are impatient or completionists to part with their money? Yes. Is that wrong? I don't think so. There are free chances to "win," and they are a business, after all. They could just as easily have given us nothing, so I choose to be thankful.

Thread Information