Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Overwatch

God's Gift to God

Status

Re: Overwatch

I've found it hard to actually get people to switch. I have to forcefully switch and try to push things to make it happen. I think I need to be more aggressive. I don't know all the ins and outs of the game so I try not to play coach. But it's getting to the point where I feel I need to be THAT guy.

I rotate moira/dva/junk but will do my best to flex when I need. I'm totally cool playing support but I'm not nearly as comfortable with the other healers as Moira. That's entirely on me and no one else but if I'm going to be forced into support I'm gonna play what I know. I play an ok Lucio and a decent Zen but my damage output as Moira on top of the healing just fits my playstyle too perfectly. I'm never afraid to switch but it's always too little too late.

The abrupt end was the last game we played and I don't think I'll be playing comp with him for a while. For me it stopped being entertaining like 10 years ago because he has anger issues. I have someone that's become a dedicated viewer who will call him salty in chat and my brother has my stream open while playing and that tilts him even more. He's a mod in my chat and almost banned this kid and i was like cut the shit and just stop being so fired up. He still doesn't know a lot about matchup and stuff and constantly criticises people for doing stuff he does all the time.

Solo queue forever. I feel like my actual SR is like 2200 range. I'm not a fucking silver or low end gold. It's frustrating being stuck in this perpetual hell.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Games where people are willing to switch for the benefit of the team are few and far between. Not sure why, since that's like the entire focus of the game, but it's uncommon. So rare, in fact, that I go out of my way to praise everybody in voice chat for being mature and actually switching for the win. Even if we lose, I praise, because god damnit, that's the kind of behavior we need to encourage (switching, not losing).

I bought Brigitte's "Gold Gun" aka Legendary Mace before I even had a chance to play her in Quickplay. Then, when I did play her in Quick, I was absolutely smitten. What an amazing hero. They're going to probably need to nerf her a little bit, same as Moira. Also why hasn't Hanzo's Scatter Arrow been deleted yet?

Had an awesome D.Va bomb the other night https://youtu.be/2nm6XRJ432Y and playing her in general feels like something I will be doing more often now that everyone and their mother is a Moira main. Been playing a lot of competitive lately and we're ending with a positive win/loss ratio so regardless of speed, WE CLIMBING, BAYBEEEEE.

Tonight is woman crush wednesday aka Ladies Night on my stream, so I'll be playing as female heroes only and rocking out to female-led music. Gonna be really fucked if we need hitscan because my Widow is poopoo.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Uprising: The Sequel is here! With glorious lore and PvE and handsome-ass Hanzo, Lucio, & Reyes skins! Fun stuff, go check it out.

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

i still play in irregular spurts which makes teaming with anyone who isnt Traitorous Jon very hard, but for Comp players, what are your thoughts about Brigitte in Comp? i hear that the nerf is swifty incoming already for her

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZEN View Post
    i still play in irregular spurts which makes teaming with anyone who isnt Traitorous Jon very hard, but for Comp players, what are your thoughts about Brigitte in Comp? i hear that the nerf is swifty incoming already for her
    She's awesome. When something isn't working, I switch to her and magically win. This has happened multiple times but it's tough to start out as her because people automatically assume she's the second healer when really she should be 2nd DPS. Soldier heals allies too and we don't call him a healer, I fail to see why my gold damage gold elims Brigitte should be classified as support.

So picking her right off the bat leads to people making picks that aren't going to support what I'm trying to do.

She is also the ultimate Tracer counter and an adequate Genji counter. Squishy against most of the actual tanks but she can hold her own with anything smaller.

So far the only issue's I've had with her in comp were when the enemy team correctly identified which hero was whooping their ass. A lot of the time nobody really assumes its the Brigitte that's the issue, which is beneficial.

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    She's awesome. When something isn't working, I switch to her and magically win. This has happened multiple times but it's tough to start out as her because people automatically assume she's the second healer when really she should be 2nd DPS. Soldier heals allies too and we don't call him a healer, I fail to see why my gold damage gold elims Brigitte should be classified as support.

So picking her right off the bat leads to people making picks that aren't going to support what I'm trying to do.

She is also the ultimate Tracer counter and an adequate Genji counter. Squishy against most of the actual tanks but she can hold her own with anything smaller.

So far the only issue's I've had with her in comp were when the enemy team correctly identified which hero was whooping their ass. A lot of the time nobody really assumes its the Brigitte that's the issue, which is beneficial.
    im very torn on brigittes place in comp now. on one hand, as a support main, brig has changed the meta for supports in every way i have always hoped for, someone who has a kit that will finally allow supports to fight back against backline destroyers like tracer and genji and reaper. maining brig this season has allowed me to soar in comp. howeverrrrrrr i have to admit that i feel a nerf is probably in order because right now shes too good at everything atm. brigette can protect the backline, give armor, surge heal from a distance, interrupt channeling ults like genji and reaper and roadhog and go through rein shields, is tough enough to be a support hunter of the other teams mercy/moiras, all the way up to the high gold/low plat level. so her overall utility probably needs to be dialed back a bit lulz, but ill enjoy it while it lasts.

im very unsympathetic to the 'brigitte broke the meta' arguments that i constantly see on reddit though. overwatch meta has always favored 8-10 characters at any given season. just because brig and new hanzo has changed which 8-10 are currently in vogue now doesnt mean comp is broken by any means. when people say brig broke the meta i just read it as people who spent a lot of time getting guud at dive characters being bitter.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Happy 2nd Anniversary, Overwatch!

So much fun, so much salt, so many dupes.

I like all of the skins except for Bastion because fuck Bastion. Petra looks dope and Competitive FFA should be... an interesting way to grind Gold Weapon points.

What are you looking forward to in this update? Anything you missed out on from the prior event?

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

MAGICIAN SYMMETRA

TUXEDO DOOMFIST

SHERLOCK MCCREE

I don't even play any of those heros much but I so want those skins badly.

Thread Information