Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Overwatch

God's Gift to God

Status

Re: Overwatch

we did it folks

we lasted in gold for one whole day. i went from getting teams that communicate and willingly switch to teams that say nothing and do nothing but go for potg.

started at 2004. peaked at like 2025. ended at like 1920

titled 4 life

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

i did my placements all in a chunk this morning. went 9-1, got placed 2234. a little disappointed i didnt place higher after only losing once
    Last edited by KAIZEN; 02-10-2018 at 04:00 PM.

God's Gift to God

Status

Baby why are we not comping together

Circle Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Baby why are we not comping together
    bc i am trash whos still spending most of my ranked time playing r6 siege lulzzzzz

but jabbathesiut#1161, add me if you need an extra tank/support. full disclosure: i cannot play hitscan DPS because, as mentioned before, i am trash. i foresee my mains being rein, winston, lucio, moira, zen.

God's Gift to God

Status

No one ever plays tank or support on my teams in comp

God's Gift to God

Status

Is that supposed to say slut in your tag or is that how you spell it lol

Circle Jerker

Status

Is that supposed to say slut in your tag or is that how you spell it lol
    i originally had 'slut' but someone reported that name to blizz, so now i use 'siut' with a capital I

God's Gift to God

Status

Alright I'll add you next time I'm on big dog

Circle Jerker

Status

having gone through 21 ranked matches now, i think they actually got a lot of the balancing right. the comps seem a lot more varied than how i remember them 3-4 months ago, and it seems that the dive comp thing has finally at least semi-gone. also looks like (at the 22-2300 levels) that moira has replaced zenyatta as the offensive healer of choice. makes me wonder what moiras pickrate is at the higher levels.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZEN View Post
    having gone through 21 ranked matches now, i think they actually got a lot of the balancing right. the comps seem a lot more varied than how i remember them 3-4 months ago, and it seems that the dive comp thing has finally at least semi-gone. also looks like (at the 22-2300 levels) that moira has replaced zenyatta as the offensive healer of choice. makes me wonder what moiras pickrate is at the higher levels.
    I've seen Moira a lot more than I thought I would. I prefer her as a healer when I need to play support but she's taken in a lot of games. People are even trying to solo-heal as her which is awful. But I agree the balancing feels a lot better compared to when I played Comp last. You're still at the mercy of good teams and comps but I'm not getting tilted out nearly as much.

I played about handful of games tonight and had a good run. I think I went like 5-1 or 4-1 or something. One of those wins even came when someone on our team dropped out and put us at a handicap, then they came back and we made a huge push and won. It was one of the most intense games I've played in Overwatch. Ended up on Lucio in a couple games and did some good work there. I forgot how much fun Lucio is when you're in the shit and booping/healing/wallriding the fuck out of dodge. The only real bad game came in the very end in the game I lost. Team was just all over the place and really bad. Other team had a good comp and steamrolled us hardcore. I knew it was time to quit when someone kept bitching about our team and no one "doing anything" and was just awful to be on a team with. We ended up disjointed and got blasted. Got back up to 2020 but then fell back to just under 2000. Frustrating to see the SR fall because I feel like I should be a lot higher. I played well in all but the last game because I just couldn't make anything happen. But I'm not plummeting like I did way back when I played Comp more so there's that.

Circle Jerker

Status

i wouldnt fuss about SR fall atm, but having played extensively through every comp season except for 7, i would advise that a. you never really know how good you are relative to the whole comp playerbase until you gather a large sample size of games (like 150+), and b. its better to get said large sample size early in the season as opposed to late in the season/after whatever mid-season patching they throw in there.

its hard to play moira as a solo healer because her kit requires her to be doing damage constantly or else she cant heal lulz. she cant really hang back either so pairing her with ana or mercy would be optimal, even though the most frequent combination i see these days is moira + lucio, a combo which will no doubt leave tank players frustrated lulz

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Moira is OP AF. Still, it's difficult but not impossible to solo heal as her. It's possible even without self-healing but a Moira with Mei, Soldier 76, and/or Roadhog on her team is not going to struggle as much as she should. My buddy does the solo Moira thing now and again, and I'd like to believe it's a decent option. That said, pair any other healer with her and suddenly it's strong stuff.

It's interesting to see Moira picked up as de facto healer after Mercy's nerf. I still think Mercy is strong enough to remain viable but it's hard not to notice her absence from most team compositions.

I played as much Competitive CTF as I could stomach, which equates to exactly ten placement matches and no more beyond that. Would advise everyone to 'stick it out' and get through them, as they will give you however-many points towards golden guns. Just don't be surprised when there's toxicity, after all, it's technically competitive.

I did my 24 hour stream last weekend and roughly 20 of those hours were Overwatch. What did I learn? Well, for one, solo queue is probably the worst way to play Competitive that there is. The amount of times I killed it as Junkrat or Pharah but still lost because of poor teamwork or (mostly) nonsensical last-minute Hero-switching is absurd.

I know you guys probably don't need this advice, but for the uninitiated: if your team has only one tank, one healer, and four DPS, and you're one of the DPS looking to make a switch, don't switch to another DPS. Switch to either 2nd tank or, preferably, 2nd healer. Seeing a Widow who is doing nothing switch to Hanzo when there's already 3 DPS doing work is infuriating.

I'll be on tonight around 6PM EST for Quick or Competitive ( ~2550 after 24 hour stream ), if anybody wants to join. I've given up on climbing this season and am just looking to crush people so zero pressure. I'm also going to pick my 4th set of Golden Weapons, but whoever shall I choose? So far my gold-crew is Reaper, Pharah, and Junkrat (in that order) and I would like to switch it up to give gold guns to a healer or tank and encourage me to play them more, but it's very tempting to just give them to Torbjorn. Decisions, decisions...

ALSO, THIS: https://youtu.be/IGQTlIyycsk
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

God's Gift to God

Status

If you're saying you wanna tag team some comp I'm down. I'm all in on comp now and wouldn't mind a buddy. I got decent teams last night but even on a winning team I wanted to die because a dude was complaining about sombra who was KILLING it and vital to our win. Wanted them to switch off sombra the whole time and everyone on the team was like nah let's keep her bruh

SIX F'N STARS

Status

If you're saying you wanna tag team some comp I'm down. I'm all in on comp now and wouldn't mind a buddy. I got decent teams last night but even on a winning team I wanted to die because a dude was complaining about sombra who was KILLING it and vital to our win. Wanted them to switch off sombra the whole time and everyone on the team was like nah let's keep her bruh
    I might have guessed that were me if I had been playing last night. I need to get better about not hating Sombra, but 99% of the Sombras I see use her inefficiently and would be much better off doing almost anything else. I guess I should never truly discount that 1%...

And yeah, I'm down to tag team some comp, or trios if we can get another. I'm not going to try-hard since my season is already effectively over but that doesn't mean I won't be trying hard to win. It just means I'm not going to over-analyze my team and get super salty about the performance of others. Of course I say that now, but will probably do it anyway when push comes to shove.

I'll probably try to fill as healer or tank, but warn everybody that I will switch DPS if things go south. Maybe I'll even see how my unorthodox Reinhardt fits into things.

God's Gift to God

Status

This sombra was charging their ult fast as fuck and was communicating their emp. I dumped on the other team after they emp'd and we were wiping them consistently off the ult and pushing. They were really good and communicating. I'm pretty sure the salty dude just wanted to play sombra lmao

And aight dog. I usually get on around 6 my time so I'll look for you. And we gonna win son. I'm not going tryhard since it's late in the season but I'm not playing comp to fuck around.

I'M HERE TO WIN BAYBAY

Circle Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    or trios if we can get another.

I usually get on around 6 my time

God's Gift to God

Status

6 eastern boi where the fuck you live

Circle Jerker

Status

^ lolol i live EST as well but just so happens that today is the start of Chinese New Year so i probably cant play any srs comp until monday because i am Chinese and (much more importantly) my girlfriends family is immigrant Chinese so their celebrations gona go from tonight til sunday

God's Gift to God

Status

But it's the Chinese New Year event in overwatch

It's year of the dog

We're your new family

SIX F'N STARS

Status

But it's the Chinese New Year event in overwatch

It's year of the dog

We're your new family
    Was just about to say, we've been celebrating this for a week already. Get with the program, KAIZEN!

Thread Information