Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Overwatch

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: Overwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Any squishy without an escape is easy pickins though. Surprisingly had a lot of luck with Winston in death match because of that. Whole bunch of McCrees, Widows, and Hanzos who just get buried by me.
    Winston and Lúcio are surprisingly good FFA death match characters when they're not getting ganged up on. Had way more fun on both than I thought I would.

Some uploads from last night, including a Quickplay warming up for Comp and then some great ranked games. I think we went 4-2 or something to that effect. But nevertheless, the climb continues!!

Last edited by The Natural; 09-27-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

Unbroken & Unchained

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Haha. Lucio. I fondly remember the only reason I played the guy was because my computer was pure garbage or becuase we were in Ilios

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Motorheade View Post
    Haha. Lucio. I fondly remember the only reason I played the guy was because my computer was pure garbage or becuase we were in Ilios
    My Luce isn't the best, but I like to capitalize on everyone expecting him to run away, then surprise them with an execution as they're running for health. Clip above is a great example of why I love the guy, and also hate playing against him - so damn slippery. Speeeeeed...BOOST!

Unbroken & Unchained

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    My Luce isn't the best, but I like to capitalize on everyone expecting him to run away, then surprise them with an execution as they're running for health. Clip above is a great example of why I love the guy, and also hate playing against him - so damn slippery. Speeeeeed...BOOST!

Also he's very good to practice aim with Zarya. Mmm. I think I'm craving some Overwatch. Going in. Want to play new D.Va .

SIX F'N STARS

Status

So I saw this gif on Reddit: https://gfycat.com/WeirdImpeccableKawala (Roadhog on Oasis)

and figured I could give it a shot

here is the result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Av3NqMsmZw

guess I'm a Roadhog main now

God's Gift to God

Status

Man. Everytime I take a break from overwatch and get back into it it's such a different game. I don't know if I like all the changes or not.

Dva feels similar but plays so differently. The rockets are cool but basically instadeath. There's like no upside to using them unless you're jetting in to flank or something. Idk if there's a mechanic that causes you to take more damage or what but Jesus.

I played for like 2.5 hours and it all felt so different. Mccree felt different to. I'm not sure if I was just on point with him but it felt like I was dealing way more damage than normal. Junkertown is a cool map. Turning my team chat off made the game infinitely more enjoyable. Hanzo is still a joke.

Etc etc

ily

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Anyone tried out the new patch? Pretty support-heavy.

New hero - Moria the Talon Healer, thank goodness, heal people with the power of evil and distressing yellow liquid, expect everyone to make urination jokes.
    Ana damage buff - 10+ more damage than before, can now down 200hp heroes with three shots instead of four. Could've used it in Junkenstien but whatevvv.
    Winston's shield bubble got a visible health bar, so now you can see how easily it shreds so that's nice.
    And Mercy nerfed into the ground even moreso, because Mercy players still don't have it hard enough between being hunted down by the enemy team and shat on by their own team for not rezzing every mistake they make. Rez now takes 1.75 seconds, slows you 75% more, and can be interrupted at any point with the ability going on cooldown whether the rez is successful or not, as if Mercy didn't already have a massive target painted on her face, plus if the rez target respawns mid-rez then fuck it, it's going on cooldown anyway. Crikey. I miss the old Mercy. None of this 'Ult is a flying ulting Zenyatta but can still be annihilated by Deadeye/TacVisor/RipTire/any focused fire while rez, a previously game-changing mechanic, is now an e-key ability that we're going to put minimal effort into balancing' or 'initial battles last forever because the first pick is always undone', or that jazz. There wasn't anything wrong with old Mercy anyway. Old Mercy, you had a choice between constant rezzing a small number of players to keep the battle steady in your numbers (personally always my choice) or saving it for the rare 5-man rez by hiding - and of course a notable percentage were going to hide, Mercy's one of the least defensive heroes in the game with a target nailed to her spine, people are always going to focus the bollocks out of her. Having the game sense to know when a battle wasn't going to turn out in your team's favour and it would be best to take a step back, wait for the enemy team to burn an ult or two, then swoop in for the fuck-you rez was fine. The enemy team could've conserved some ults to make the rez worthless, or realised the Mercy was missing and sent a flanker off to find her. But I guess that would've taken effort and wouldn't look as good on Reaper's highlight video as walking behind five people and pressing Q would.

I get that I'm just a filthy casual and these changes are made with the competitive scene in mind - even I've seen the horde of 'we need a mercy said the sixth DPS' posts - but it's getting really tiring watching what used to be my favourite hero getting constantly changed into progressively worse states and having to learn to re-play her every month when she was fine initially. Should've buffed the other supports onto her level or told Genji that ensuring Mercy couldn't rez is just as valuable as that POTG he's focusing his bright green screamin' dragon pool noodle on.

tl;dr - I miss the old Mercy

/salt

God's Gift to God

Status

Moira looks like my type of support. I'm very excited to try her. She's basically a battlemage AND THAT'S MY SHIT so once the new toy instalock phase is over I'll probably play support a lot more. Unless she's so OP everyone uses here anyway. Almost feels like mercy nerf was a way of encouraging people to play Moira.

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

The nerf was to encourage more people to play the other healers in general. Mercy was really overpowered, even for casual play - if there was only one Mercy in a game, hers was the winning team.

I can sympathize with Mercy mains who feel salty over this, but it really has been a constant negotiation towards a Mercy that doesn't feel absolutely necessary. Maybe we're almost there.

God's Gift to God

Status

Natty we should play some ow/d2 soon. I think my brothers pc died so now I'm all alone

ily

Hakuna Matata

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm with Wolf, I miss the old Mercy. I still use her every now and then when I play but most of the time I go with Lucio or Zenyatta if I'm playing healer, more so Lucio as I find him the most fun and I love his positivity. Plus, it is so much fun to boop people around or off the map.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Thread Information