Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Overwatch

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: Overwatch

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    Who played doomfist? I haven't been on been playing that dying light but he looks so fucking cool. My mma fandom finally pays off because i can use my striking knowledge TO BE THE BEST IN THE WORLD

ily
    He is pretty fun in that he is basically a fast-moving glass Cannon. Or maybe I'm just stupid when I play as him, but he seems really weak. Although that may have been because I had been assuming he was going to be a tank.

There is footage on my twitch page if you are interested. Also I will be streaming some sick OverWatch between today and tomorrow, just got my OverWatch battle pad in the mail along with my official Pharah t-shirt.

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

God's Gift to God

Status

250 health but generates shields sounds like some dope strategic play. He's a melee character but fragile and gets shut down hard by sombra and tracer.

I see people saying to nerf him already but he seems on paper and from watching to be pretty balanced. Obvious combo with zarya seems so good

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

If anyone was wondering what it looks like when Natty plays Torbjorn, well, wonder no further.

Natty plays Torbjorn

Quickly becoming my favorite character. I'll probably be on streaming some dirty Pharah and Torb later tonight, if anyone wants to help fuck shit up.

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

Doomfist feels clunky as hell and it's pretty strange that he has a one-shot kill (*) ability on a mere four-second cooldown when Roadhog's been nerfed to hell time and time again to the point where the only way he can get a one-shot kill is to have a successful hook on a squishy, shoot point-blank range with a gun that shoots paper streamers, and hope his opponent takes pity on him for playing Roadhog and suicides. Meanwhile Doomfist fists in, autokills one lucky opponent, then has two movement abilities to skeedaddle away into the night, plus shields for that little bit extra 'fuck you' for the enemy team.

* One-shot kill if you're A) close to a wall or physical object, which is like 70% of the game area, and B) anything that isn't a tank, which is also like 70% of the hero roster. SO SITUATIONAL.

then again it might just be my unskilled behind.

Speaking of unskilled behinds, after two hours straight last night trying to play it, I've decided I hate LucioBall. It's slow, it feels like barely anything I does effects the ball, which even on it's slowest speed is faster than an unboosted Lucio, I've had so many games where the goalie doesn't stay in the actual goalie net, and worst of all it's based on fucking Soccer. I wasn't here last year when LucioBall was introduced, yo veterans, was it always this 'bleh' or did something change, or is this another example of me being lame and sucking?

My lame butt sucking at things aside, the Summer Games update seems alright. Barbeque Dad 76, Shirtless Lifeguard McCree, and Scuba Sombra are some must-haves, and with the lootbox changes hopefully I can nab them sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 08-10-2017 at 04:32 AM.

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Doomfist feels clunky as hell and it's pretty strange that he has a one-shot kill (*) ability on a mere four-second cooldown when Roadhog's been nerfed to hell time and time again to the point where the only way he can get a one-shot kill is to have a successful hook on a squishy, shoot point-blank range with a gun that shoots paper streamers, and hope his opponent takes pity on him for playing Roadhog and suicides. Meanwhile Doomfist fists in, autokills one lucky opponent, then has two movement abilities to skeedaddle away into the night, plus shields for that little bit extra 'fuck you' for the enemy team.

* One-shot kill if you're A) close to a wall or physical object, which is like 70% of the game area, and B) anything that isn't a tank, which is also like 70% of the hero roster. SO SITUATIONAL.

then again it might just be my unskilled behind.

Speaking of unskilled behinds, after two hours straight last night trying to play it, I've decided I hate LucioBall. It's slow, it feels like barely anything I does effects the ball, which even on it's slowest speed is faster than an unboosted Lucio, I've had so many games where the goalie doesn't stay in the actual goalie net, and worst of all it's based on fucking Soccer. I wasn't here last year when LucioBall was introduced, yo veterans, was it always this 'bleh' or did something change, or is this another example of me being lame and sucking?

My lame butt sucking at things aside, the Summer Games update seems alright. Barbeque Dad 76, Shirtless Lifeguard McCree, and Scuba Sombra are some must-haves, and with the lootbox changes hopefully I can nab them sooner rather than later.
    you on PC or console m8? (hint: theres only one right answer~)

full disclosure i havent been playing much recently due to a combination of gig commitments, getting tired of being smashed in comp, computer issues, and friends IRL wanting to play PUBG instead, but from what i gather in limited play, the rationale behind doomfist is that doomfist wont get away that easily when diving competent teams. doomfist is someone who can dive in and one-shot pesky backliners or break shielded bottlenecks, but he also requires coordination for his team to follow up on his expected sacrifice because there are a multitude of ways other characters can interrupt him before he can escape with his skills. it may feel random and unfair that someone can just randomly FALCON PUNCHHHHHH into a cluster and kill someone, but in organized play a doomfist that just charges in without actually having a target in mind (or if he misses said target) is more often than not setting up a trade of deaths that doesnt favor his team. the key seems to be to collectively fight him when he charges because hes squishy, but unorganized teams will scatter from him, giving him time to escape and charge again while his team reaps the benefits of the opposing team being scattered. and unlike the old roadhog, doomfist has to throw himself in the thick of things rather than throwing hooks from a crazy range. i wouldnt say its because youre unskilled that doomfist right now seems unfair. its more down to the character has gamebreaking strengths and weaknesses that is going to require a meta change, and everyone needs to adjust regardless of the roles theyre comfortable in.

i got a bunch of parts and am putting together a new computer from scratch on sunday, with the biggest change being going from the geforce 870 that im using now to a new 1080Ti. hopefully ill be back on OW soon and the new stuff will aid me in having a better experience than the last couple of months.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I absolutely love Doomfist. I've gotten decent with him and am learning more every day, including how to hit small objects and pop into the air so high you can clear that wall between A and B on Eichenwalde Defense. Legit sad that Doomfist Elimination is no longer a gametype, that shit was dope.

Summer Games 2017 is pretty dope. Already got the McCree, Sombra, and Reaper skins. Only skins I really really wanted were Reaper and Junkrat, so I'm halfway there. Wouldn't mind the Widow though because god damn.

McCree's new skin sees the tumbleweed in his ultimate replaced with a beach ball. That is cool enough that I can forgive Roadhog not getting anything as a consolation for his nerfs.

Going to be streaming some tonight and I'll post in here and whore myself out in the shoutbox when that goes down. Really want that Junkrat and hoping to get him organically, though I do have around 8000 credits if I need to splurge at the end of the event. I would like Mercy but am not going to be disappointed if I don't get her - Amber is still my favorite of her skins.

Oh also Pharah slam dunk highlight intro is very welcome, as most of my POTG's are Pharah and it's dope regardless of skin, whereas some of her skins are more 'effective' with certain highlight intros (namely the ones that show the face). Pharah Mains know whats up.

God's Gift to God

Status

I should play overwatch

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

With Season 5 ending in a few days, I figured now was the time to put in some Competitive. Trying to reach Diamond before this thing is over. Seems doable, but then again - it's solo queue.

Here's a clip from my time as Junkrat yesterday: https://youtu.be/g2baJH7X0o4

Really wish the Ana had sacrificed herself to buy me 1-2 seconds but she might not have made it to the payload anyway. We lost this match by the way, so I'm one further away from Diamond. Guessing maybe 15-16 games needed.

Will be streaming on and off throughout the day if anyone wants to stop by and say hi. www.twitch.tv/stevekeepsdying

Only skin I still really need is that new Widowmaker. Ooh la la.

God's Gift to God

Status

Still haven't played during summer games lmao. And not sure how I feel about these dva changes either. I loved diving in and fucking people up and actually protecting my healers aggressively. Sad

ily

Circle Jerker

Status

Placements: 8-2

SR after palcement: 2030

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

So, uh, the new Free-For-All Deathmatch mode is pretty fun. Now when I invariably suck I don't have to worry about dragging a team of others down with me. I only have to worry about disappointing myself now, which happens a lot anyway so I'm fairly used to it.

Plus it leads to some pretty fun situations you wouldn't see in a normal round of Overwatch. Just had a moment where myself as Roadhog and someone else, also Roadhog, got caught in a rather lengthy battle trying to kill each other, one of us ulted out of frustration, so the other did in response, and some poor McCree between us got shredded by two Whole Hogs from either side while we just flew to the other end of the map, doing nothing but chip damage to each other. Wish I recorded it.

Circle Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Now when I invariably suck I don't have to worry about dragging a team of others down with me. I only have to worry about disappointing myself now, which happens a lot anyway so I'm fairly used to it.
    once we get this WC team of 6 up and running THE DAYS OF DISAPPOINTMENT SHALL BE BUT A DISTANT MEMORYYYYYY *cough*fuckinshakegetagtx*cough*

in light of the recent patches (and upcoming ones with mercy, dva, etc), ive completely overhauled how I play comp and so far its yielded great results in terms of W-L (this is low-mid gold SR). its a slog ranking-wise though because ive started exclusively playing reinhart and Winston, so even when I play well its still very dependent on having competent pieces around me and the I lose a lot more SR with a L than I gain with a W due to playing tanks. even still, so far this season my win %s have improved a lot and going forward I'm going to focus playing tanks in hopes of finding a niche where I can finally complete my 6+ seasons ASSAULT ON PLATINUM
    Last edited by KAIZEN; 09-11-2017 at 08:58 AM.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Competitive has been pure cancer since I've started streaming. It's helpful in that my Twitch id is SteveKeepsDying and I certainly fulfill expectations there, but it's shitty as I don't feel very confident that we're reaching Diamond by the season's end.

KAIZEN your pics in one of your previous posts had me rolling happy to hear you have found a niche in tank duties. I can DVa and Roadhog just fine but the others only seem to work for me in Quickplay or Deathmatch.

Speaking of Deathmatch, what an awesome mode. It's a blast, and a really fun way to earn those Arcade Boxes, for those of you still trying to eek a few out before today's reset. Will they ever satisfy Natty and create a 'Mystery Deathmatch' that sees you rotating on each death while retaining ult charge? Probably not - but a man can dream, damnit.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

i'll play and go asian grandma and smoke you all

teamkills4lyfe if possible

In seriousness, KAIZEN is helping me find a gfx card so I'll probably get one as soon as I have enough disposable income.

Natty's streams are fun. All I'll say.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Circle Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post

In seriousness, KAIZEN is helping me find a gfx card so I'll probably get one as soon as I have enough disposable income.
    i got chu fam, this is the best gaming laptop with 1080ti which wont break the bank

SIX F'N STARS

Status

This character concept deserves to be seen - posted on the Blizzard forums here

Just amazing stuff. Like really, really amazing and fleshed out. I want this character now.

This is the one I remember seeing before hers. If either of these get made, I will be very happy. Would be nice if they took some user-submitted designs here and there.

Thread Information