Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Re: Overwatch

SWITCH TO COMPUTER GUIZE

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I highly advise everyone take KAIZEN's tremendously well-informed counsel to heart.

Mr. Cox and myself had a pretty good run with Uprising yesterday. We got smoked the first time we tried it on Hard but nailed it the second go-around. I tried to play it on Hard as Roadhog in the All Heroes edition and it was going fine for a while but I missed the hook on the big Exploding-Egg-Thing (it's official name) and it was all downhill from there.

Really loving the new mode. I've seen it suggested that the mode should stick around as a proper tutorial and I agree, it covers pretty much all the fundamentals of Overwatch. I wasn't really interested in more Junkenstein stuff but things like this that are more dynamic and cover areas of the map you don't normally get to enjoy the same way, ABSOLUTELY. Gimme gimme.

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

The new game mode is great, beat it on hard and got the 80% achievement.

Played it on Legendary 10-20 times and that mode might as well be called "Tracer is down"

Super challenging, to the point that I accidentally did it on Normal, and it was a cakewalk.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    The new game mode is great, beat it on hard and got the 80% achievement.

Played it on Legendary 10-20 times
    I am assuming that you completed it on Legendary, and am wondering what magical comp did it, or if you were successful multiple times.

Haven't tried Legendary yet myself but we have had trouble on Expert (Custom) more than once so I am anticipating a brutal stretch.

As far as Uprising Loot is concerned, I bought Genji at the beginning so I'd have more fun playing him in Mystery Heroes. Then got McCree, Reinhardt, and one of Torbjorn's new ones from boxes. Last night I got 'White' Widowmaker in a box, and that's the only one I really, really wanted. All that's left is Tracer and I'm not too concerned if I don't get it, the Chinese 'Rose' one is incredible and will probably stay on my Tracer indefinitely.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Did it on Legendary with the main 4. When I posted that, I definitely hadn't completed legendary, but after about 45 times we did it. All it took was me taking the leadership position and telling everyone where to be. I wish we could've recorded ourselves during it, it was fantastic communication, and so many timely ults that led to victory. Getting through Bastion's is the most difficult thing ever though.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

UPRISING ends today, sheeple.

Did you rise up? Did you get some boxes? Did those boxes contain what you wanted? Or I suppose I should ask, did you get enough dupes to purchase what you actually wanted?

I made sure to grab whatever voice lines and sprays I didn't already win today and that left me with around 500 creds. I will probably grind out some games when I get home in the very small chance of getting the Mercy skin but if that's the only 'must have' that I don't get out of the Uprising skins, I'm okay with that.

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

I loved Uprising. The whole PvE thing is my jam and I hope it gets put into an Arcade mode at some point. I got pretty much everything I wanted from lootboxes, Mercy & Tracer's skins, D.Va's selfie highlight intro, Symmetra's light reading victory pose, and 76's push-ups emote. If anything, I wish I got a bit more of the voice lines when I had a chance. A lot of those are just great.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I didn't get the Torbjorn skin I wanted, but I also never play Torbjorn so it's not a big deal to me. Apart from that, Uprising is legit the most fun I've had playing Overwatch since I purchased it. and I think Blizzard deserves mad props for it.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

There are rumblings of an Anniversary Event around the corner and you know what that means...

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Excuse me for droppin in

God's Gift to God

Status

Natty you ready for that anny hype

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    Natty you ready for that anny hype

ily
    You know it boi

I have ~4100 credits saved up for this ish, I'm 2/3 wins on my first Arcade box of the set, and pretty close to another level. Needless to say, my afternoon is spoken for.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

If you want to see what's available: LINKY

I want everything Pharah-related because she's my main squeeze lately. Cruiser D.Va looks pretty cool but I'm hoping there's an alternate color. Graffiti Tracer looks awesome. Cyberian Zarya I will reserve judgment until I see in game. Beekeeper Mei looks fun. Cyberninja Hanzo looks kinda lazy - they should have given him darker colors to make it more different from Young Hanzo. Oasis Symmetra looks great. Jazzy Lucio looks stupid AF tbh, but if he plays jazz then it's ok.

Sentai Genji holy fucking shit. I am not a Genji person by any means but I think I am about to become one. That's just incredible. As for the emotes, I'm a big fan of Reinhardt's Sweethardt, Torbjorn's Dance, Pharah's Rocket Guitar, Mei's Sunny Dance, and Sombra's Dance. Orisa's Dance looks really lazy and uninspired but only one rotten egg out of each bunch ain't too bad.

God's Gift to God

Status

I missed the selfie dva intro so I hate everything in general out of spite. And blizzard pretty much confirmed that they'll never make skins cross platform accessible so my pc days will be skinless.

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

In addition to the skins, emotes, victory poses, sprays and etc, there are a few patch updates I'm looking forward to.

Hanzo - Hanzo (and Genji) can now attack immediately after climbing, instead of having a half-second delay. Additionally, Hanzo can charge his bow, climb, and then unleash without the climb resetting his charge. Guess I'm gonna be playing more Hanzo now.

McCree - You can now change a setting so there's no 'recoil recovery assist' or something like that. Basically, I take it to mean that I can turn this feature off and now manually compensate for the recoil and feel like I have more control over my shots. That's really cool. Might try more McCree (but probably not, I suck with him).

Orisa - Her shield cooldown is getting reduced from 12 to 8 seconds or something ridiculous. Her damage is nerfed to compensate but let's be real, she isn't the only one who benefits from that cooldown (see: rest of team) so this patch is a net improvement for Orisa.

Controller/Keyboard Toggle - I have not tried the update so I cannot confirm if this is how it works, but previously my game would freak out if I played mouse+keyboard while there was a controller in the USB slot. This would force me to manually remove the USB controller (that I use for GTA and Rocket League) every time I played Overwatch or suffer weird response issues that really hampered my gameplay. Naturally, I would unplug every time. If I understand the patch note correctly, now I won't have to. Thanks Blizz.

Overall a really cool update and I haven't even played it. Very stoked to fire it up later.

God's Gift to God

Status

this is unplayable if they didn't delete hanzo

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

A selfish part of me hopes there's more skins than what was on the Natty link, because out of all those, the only one I'm not indifferent to is Lucio's Jazz skin - go figure, bonus points if it switches the in-game heal/speed electronic music to some smooth jazz. Not a fan of the kinda 'bionics/cybers for the sake of it all' feel half the skins have. Feels like a like of beta skins just tossed up because it's the anniversary.

EDIT: Although 76's new skin revealing bionic legs means there's a logical reason why he's the only hero who can sprint.

EDIT 2: CyberHanzo is from an alternate timeline where Hanzo & Genji's life roles were switched. Heard it here first.

That being said, holy fucking shit, I'm going to need all of those dancing emotes. Especially 76 and his 'Old White Guy With No Rhythm' dancing. Going to have so many dance parties in skirmish.

Because I've yet to check, any truth to the rumors of Sombra/Orisa getting sitting/laughing emotes? Heard it on the grapevine.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 05-23-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Smiling Politely

Status
      Country                    United States

Sombra and Orisa do indeed have sitting and laughing emotes now. Sombra kind of kneels down and is messing around with her screen while Orisa circles around a bit like a dog would before sitting down.

So far I'm really digging all of the new skins, except for Lucio, which I'm kind of indifferent on but I'm sure I'll come around to it.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

God's Gift to God

Status

natty we playing this soon? I've been crazy busy and haven't fired it up since we played last about ten years ago.

Or anyone else on PC for that matter. Shoot me a message on here with your Battle.net and we'll do it up.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    natty we playing this soon?
    I'm on literally every day and you've been offline for a month. You tell me.

Thread Information