Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NBA Offseason Discussion

Ace that Runs this Place

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

2016 NBA Offseason Discussion

And it starts with a bang.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...622-story.html

Rose to New York for a bunch of poo-poo platters.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...awks-utah-jazz

Teague to Indiana.
    TGoHo: WC's Greatest Tag Team

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2016 NBA Offseason Discussion

Rose and Carmelo on the same team. That's going to be a great trainwreck to watch. The Bulls were great to dump arguably the worst contract in sports history on Phil and co. Lopez is serviceable at his position and Grant could be a good player with time. This is why the Knicks never get nice things.

Like the 3 team trade all around but especially from Utah's perspective, PG was their achilles heel last year and now they've got a good one. They'll have a shot to make the playoffs next year after this one. I don't know how I feel about taking on Teague with those health scares but if he checks out okay the upside is huge. Atlanta has more PGs so they'll see a minor drop but not much, plus it gives them cap room and there's a chance they can cobble a deal together for a real contributor before draft's end.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Hard Times

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I wouldn't say what the Bulls got back bums, but their expectations to do anything in the next season just went down ten fold. Granted the Knicks could be in trouble, Rose vs Anthony who gets the ball more during the game that should be interesting to see.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

Rose's contract was bad. It's one year/$21 million now, which of course costs $21 million. But Lopez had a long-term contract, so this gets him off the books, and I don't think this is any more than a ticket-buying promotion for the Knickerbockers. They won't re-sign Rose after this year, and he might not make it a full year with them. If Rose plays well, the Knickels can easily ship him to a contender for assets. If they're smart, they'll do it. So it once was bad. Now it's manageable.

I loved Derrick Rose in the Bulls uniform to the very end. He had some tough luck, and I don't think he was mentally prepared for it at such a young age. It can't be easy dealing with the pressure of a torn ACL and trying to make a comeback after so much initial success. Now imagine doing it in your early 20s, when you're naturally immature and still a bit "woe is me." Can't be easy.

I hope he gets a chance to come back down the road, but it's doubtful. Hopefully, when he returns for an old-timers game or some shit, he gets cheered by Bulls fans and not booed. That's how Magic fans reacted when Penny returned for a post-retirement "fun game," and he said it was good closure for him.

I also wonder if Rose pushed for the trade, similar to how Penny told the Magic it was time he moved on. I definitely can see Bulls management approaching him about the trade offer and then offering a restructured, much cheaper long-term contract and Rose replies, "I think it's time to move on," and the Bulls call in the deal. The DRose-Penny parallels continue.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Hard Times

Status

I like that idea of him going to a contender later in the season. If The Knicks aren't in the mix you think The Raptors or Cavs would have pieces enough to grab him? I mean Cavs wise Lebron, Irving, Love and Rose yeah buddy that sounds great. You could put Lebron at the SF, Love at the PF, and Rose and Irving being the guards.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

User Profiles Suck

Status

Cavs signing or trading for Rose is pretty much the dumbest idea I've heard in years
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

One of the saddest days as a sports fan I can ever remember. The end of an era. Rose is by far my favorite player in the league and made Bulls basketball fun again after nearly a decade of irrelevance. Seeing him in anothee uniform will be weird. But I hope he finds his form again next season and has a good year. Would be awesome if he came back to the Bulls in 2016-17 on like a 3 year/$20M deal or something.

And lmao @ the prospect of his contract being the worst in sports history or him being booed upon his return to Chicago. Completely asinine.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Really sucks when you think about how different the league could be today if Rose had never been injured and had kept his MVP quality. Reqlly hope he can fully recover and return to form. Was never a fan in anyway. I also hope his rape issues are solved though, been buried under the mat too much for my liking.

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

K.C. Johnston thinks the Knicks are a great fit for Rose, and he says Noah or Gasol will be next to go there.

Others seem to think Rose won't be a good fit, since Carmelo is a ball-stopper and Rose is better with the ball moving around the perimeter.

The Cavs won't trade for him. Someone like Atlanta, if their PGs don't work out, might. Or, shit, Minnesota at the trade deadline. You know Thibs would consider bringing Rose in for a playoff run.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

Thoughts on the draft tonight? Who y'all want for your team. As a Bulls fan I'm hoping for either Baldwin, Jackson, or Valentine.

Here's my mock of the lottery teams.

1. Philadelphia 76ers - Ben Simmons, PF, LSU
    2. Los Angeles Lakers - Brandon Ingram, SF, Duke
    3. Boston Celtics - Kris Dunn, PG, Providence
    4. Phoenix Suns - Jaylen Brown, SF, California
    5. Minnesota Timberwolves - Buddy Hield, SG, Oklahoma
    6. New Orleans Pelicans - Jamal Murray, PG/SG, Kentucky
    7. Denver Nuggets - Dragan Bender, PF, Bosnia
    8. Sacramento Kings - Marquese Chriss, SF/PF, Washington
    9. Toronto Raptors - Domantas Sabonis, PF, Gonzaga
    10. Milwaukee Bucks - Henry Ellenson, PF/C, Marquette
    11. Orlando Magic - Jakob Poeltl, C, Utah
    12. Utah Jazz - Timothe Luwawu, SG/SF, France
    13. Phoenix Suns - Skal Labissiere, PF/C, Kentucky
    14. Chicago Bulls - Wade Baldwin, PG, Vanderbilt

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

My first thought is: Why the hell is the draft so early this year? The Finals just ended. Most years the lottery is just going down.

It really snuck up on me but my thought is Simmons and Ingram are going 1 & 2. Bender to me has to be the favorite to go 3rd with his upside as clearly Boston wants to trade that pick but I think they may have acquired so many assets that it bit them in the ass because their strategy was so obvious. In the Regular Season and here nobody wants to trade with them. I like Baldwin a lot and think he'd be a good fit for anyone outside of the top tier teams.

I just hope as I do every year that the Grizzlies will get someone who can shoot, but have resigned myself that once again they'll avoid that for someone who rates well in metrics.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Really sucks when you think about how different the league could be today if Rose had never been injured and had kept his MVP quality. Reqlly hope he can fully recover and return to form. Was never a fan in anyway. I also hope his rape issues are solved though, been buried under the mat too much for my liking.
    Rose should have never been the MVP. It should have gone to Dwight.

The Pacers also got Thad Young from the Nets in a deal earlier today, who is another A+ roleplayer. I don't expect the Pacers to sniff dethroning Cleveland in the EC, but I do like the team of Teague, PG13, Thad Young, Miles Turner, Mahinmi, Stuckey and MONTA ELLIS HAV IT ALL.

Oh yeah, and I feel like OKC may have won the deal by getting Oladpio and others for Ibaka. It's kind of funny seeing them deal the guy they chose to keep over Harden (they really should have just bit the bullet and kept both), but at least they finally have another legit scorer/creator who isn't KD or Westbrook. I still see KD staying on a 1-year deal if Golden State doesn't find a way to bring him in. Now the question is what big man do the Thunder bring in to join Adams and Kanter? Theoretically, they could start Kanter and Adams which is a decent combo, but I'd much prefer them keeping Kanter as the 6th man for scoring purposes.
    Last edited by CaptainC; 06-24-2016 at 02:31 AM.

Spoiler:

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

The Mets are paying Bobby Bonilla $1m every July 1st til 2035; Rashard Lewis was signed to a 6 year $118m deal; Gary Matthews, Jr was paid $50m over 5 years; Alexi Yashin got 10 years, $87.5m deal with the Islanders; Jason Bay got $66m over 4 years; Josh Hamilton got $125m over 6 years; Allan Houston got $100m over 6 years.

Personally I don't think 5 years, $94m for the reigning MVP is the bad, especially considering the amount of money he made them in jersey sales, combined with his on-court time after the contract wasn't to shabby either.

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

I don't know which side declined the trade — conflicting reports saying either side pulled away — but I wanted that Butler-Dunn-LaVine trade to go through. I don't know if a core of Grant-some dude-Grant-Portis-Gibson and RoLo off the bench is a good group. I actually prefer LaVine-Grant-some dude-Portis-Gibson with Dunn and RoLo off the bench for the long term. But, as people expressed on the Twatter, Butler is an extremely good basketball player when he isn't being an overbearing, assertive "leader" in the locker room. So maybe there it's close. The prospect of Dunn and Grant together for a while was appealing, though.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

The prospect of Butler back with Thibs is the most appealing thing.

Imagine a lineup of Jones/Rubio, Butler, Wiggins, Towns, Noah. My god...

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Ducks Fly Together

Status

Well it looks like DeRozan has already made his decision as it is being reported that he is only meeting with Toronto and no other teams.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Would prefer we sign Biyombo before him. I think Biyombo would like to stay, we have a large congolese community in Toronto, and he popped up at my best friend's parents restaurant, so I'm pretty confident he wants to stay.
    Last edited by Positive Jon; 06-27-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Hard Times

Status

As I was making my rounds looking at the schedule for future Boxing fights coming, I see Dwight Howard seeking 24 Million lol. In what reality does he live in, where he thinks he's worth that amount of money today? I would would give 5-10 max, but maybe no big names at the position outside maybe Horford and Whiteside he just might get it. The Rockets did offer him 23.2 Million Dollars.

Real Women of Genius

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

He will get 16-22 million because of the salary cap hike. Noah is getting 18 million and Dwight has been better the last two years.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

lmfao, in what world does Dwight Howard even think about $5-$10m? His jersey sales and merchandising alone is worth that.

Thread Information