Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: General Football Discussion 2016-17

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: General Football Discussion 2016-17

Not just for Celtic, but for Scottish football. Absolute embarrassing. The poor pitch excuses are pathetic as well because both teams had to play on the pitch. As much as I say pathetic and embarrassing, it's not the first time.. Artmedia Bratislava comes to mind. The problem for Rodgers is that with Rangers back in the league, there can be no excuses for failure.

No voter.

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    yeah I agree with him now.

should only use that word if we lose to sevco.
    S'all about The Rangers

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

but to be fair the Red Imps are no mugs.

No voter.

Status

Andy Watson got appointed to the Scotland coaching team today, there you are.

#ThisTime

Cider 'I' Up

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mikk View Post
    David Moyes is once again a strong favourite if Big Sam leaves and i'd be all for Moyes, Utd wasn't the right time for him but could do good things with us and bring us up like he did with Everton.
    I always thought Moyes should of had way more time at Manchester United ! didn't quite work out for him at Real Sociadad but I think he is a worthy PL manager, would do well at Sunderland.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kert; 07-15-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Mark Wilmots has been sacked as Belgium manager. With that squad Belgium had/the way how the easier half of the Euros knockout draw worked out, they should have been at least in the final, but yet again they failed to deliver. Also a joke ranking of Belgium as the # 2 team in the world. Not surprised that he's gone as he couldn't get Belgium to play as a team at the Euros.

Also Andriy Shevchenko is the new Ukraine manager. He was assistant to the former Ukraine manager. Good for Sheva, his first job in management.
    Last edited by Kintaro; 07-15-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

That Belgium team really needed an experienced international manager, and they'd have definitely done better at the World Cup and the Euros. It's a shame as if you look at the squad you can see that they have the players to be ranked #2 in the world.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWeirdGuy View Post
    That Belgium team really needed an experienced international manager, and they'd have definitely done better at the World Cup and the Euros. It's a shame as if you look at the squad you can see that they have the players to be ranked #2 in the world.
    The squad is very talented and it's true the coach wasn't the most experienced but when you walk in to a dressing room full of talent like that, some blame has to go to the players because in the early stages of the euros they didn't look like a team who knew how to play together, Managers job to get the blame if they fail because that's what he signs up for when he gets the job, but the players will have to look at themselves for part of the mess I'm afraid.

2017 Movie Log

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by kertonl View Post
    The squad is very talented and it's true the coach wasn't the most experienced but when you walk in to a dressing room full of talent like that, some blame has to go to the players because in the early stages of the euros they didn't look like a team who knew how to play together, Managers job to get the blame if they fail because that's what he signs up for when he gets the job, but the players will have to look at themselves for part of the mess I'm afraid.

Completely agree; I should have been clearer about the players having to take their share of the blame as well. Just think that a better placed manager would have done a better job to galvanise the players and help them compete to the best of their ability more than Wilmots did.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

New rules made by the Premier League, EFL, FA on Player Behavior have been made for the upcoming season.

Offences that will get you a Yellow card.

• Visibly disrespectful behaviour to any match official
    • An aggressive response to decisions
    • Confronting an official face to face
    • Running towards an official to contest a decision
    • Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards match officials
    • Physical contact with any match official in a non-aggressive manner
    • A yellow card for at least one player when two or more from a team surround a match official

Offences that will get you a red card.

• If a player confronts match officials and uses offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures towards them
    • Physical contact with match officials in an aggressive or confrontational manner

Source BBC.

Will be interesting to see how these new rules pan out, have to say I agree with them, though.

2017 Movie Log

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Yeah it all sounds great if they actually follow it in reality. It will work if all refs do it from the opening day of the season, something tells me not a lot will change in reality though.

Status

How will Chelsea be able to function with these rules? That restricts the on-pitch behavior of their entire squad!

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Germany

Football is becoming a balet unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Ridiculous comment. Refs don't sign up to be abused, they should be respected by players.

Status

I don't watch tons of old football, but what I do watch doesn't show refs being harassed, surrounded by an entire squad, yelled out, and so on. There was a level of respect afforded to those in charge of the match. That respect has disappeared for whatever reason. And that's not acceptable.

Other sports don't treat their officials that way. You can discuss something with the ref respectfully, you can disagree with them, but doing the kind of thing that football players seen keen to do now would result in the player being ejected.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    How will Chelsea be able to function with these rules? That restricts the on-pitch behavior of their entire squad!
    Chelsea were definitely culprits last season but to be honest with you quite a few others were too. Chelsea were kind of the main standout I agree, but they weren't the only ones guilty.

It's not just a problem for the BPL, La Liga is just as bad look at Real Madrid and Barcelona they way their players react to officials is disgusting but I only see them get away with it most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Ridiculous comment. Refs don't sign up to be abused, they should be respected by players.
    Agreed, a player is a professional that means he should act like one at all times not just for themselves if that wasn't enough but for the kids watching at home, looking up to these players.

Even in the heat of the moment they should be able to keep a lid on it.

The crowed is different imo I think the officials have to acsepted they aren't going to please both sets of fans all the time and that will always lead to some sort of abuse, some people go over the top yes and isn't always needed, but that's what referees and officials sign up for to take some of the flack when things go wrong.

2017 Movie Log

No voter.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    Football is becoming a balet unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    What a fucking moronic comment.

I can tell you, as a referee, some of the stuff we get thrown our way you would definitely not see at the Ballet.

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I agree that more needed done with this to protect referees from abuse. However looking at certain games from memory last season, Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham that ruined Spurs title bid springs instant to mind... The tackles that spurs players were putting in were criminal and the referee had no control or discipline of the spurs players so you had Chelsea players surround the referee trying to get him to discipline them and take action because quite frankly Spurs were just kicking lumps out of the Chelsea players and refeeee did nothing about it. Don't want to blame officials but hopefully this helps them do their job but they can't be expecting no reaction from players when what happened in that game for example is allowed to continue.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

In a friendly clash between the champions of England and Scotland, Leicester beat Celtic on penalties.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    I agree that more needed done with this to protect referees from abuse. However looking at certain games from memory last season, Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham that ruined Spurs title bid springs instant to mind... The tackles that spurs players were putting in were criminal and the referee had no control or discipline of the spurs players so you had Chelsea players surround the referee trying to get him to discipline them and take action because quite frankly Spurs were just kicking lumps out of the Chelsea players and refeeee did nothing about it. Don't want to blame officials but hopefully this helps them do their job but they can't be expecting no reaction from players when what happened in that game for example is allowed to continue.
    They are also adults, and should behave like adults, no matter the situation.

Thread Information