Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

Giulia is rough around the edges and extremely raw but has bags of potential. Same with Maya. She has the look too and the whole half-breed appeal thing. Need to see the match with Yukihi and see how far they've come.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Tam getting the White Belt over Arisa would have been very bad for three simple facts. 1. Hoshiki's much better & more deserving. 2. Their entire feud is built upon Tam being jealous of Arisa. It would totally ruin Tam's eventual win to win it right away. 3. Her push last year actually turned a lot of Japanese fans off & it would be better for her to get further away from that deathmatch. Honestly, Stardom NOT pushing her in 2018 was the absolute best thing for her career longterm because it allowed her to grow. If not she would have been like Hana was before Hana went to Mexico.

The sad part about Giulia is she'll probably end up in AEW by 2020. Though her publicly saying she wants to become a main eventer that will bring Ice Ribbon to the Tokyo Dome is a sign of Ibushi-esque outside the box thinking that could keep her there longterm.
    Better for sure..more deserving I disagree with you to a degree. It was kinda like how I felt during the Best Wrestler tourney we have going on and one of the matchups pitted Kofi against Alexander. Alexander had been consistent all year, and we had to compare it to a handful of Kofi Matches. I feel the same way here, Hoshiki has been great the past few Months, but it's just that a few Months. Tam like I said before was in there competing hard, and Hoshiki was just in Tags pretty much at that point before she was unleashed during the Cinderella tourney. Hoshiki won over Momo after the seeds of her telling her, her kick were fake came full circle, and Tam I wouldn't want to see her win it over anyone else, but Hoshiki because of how the jealousy between the two was so well handled. I mean Hoshiki is lovely don't get me wrong, but HZK is my next in line Hand on the Bible truth and damn they are going to do right off the bat. People forget HZK and Hoshiki seeds were put in during a Tag Match Months back where Hoshiki and HZK were extremely stiff the two during the Match itself.

After the Match, those two were pulling hair more aggressively than I've seen talent in quiet awhile. Remember I think it was HZK who said put her hair on the line, and Yurie came into the Ring was so upset at what was going on, she attempted to cut her own hair to stop the madness.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

As for Hoshiki vs Tam, Tam has improved a lot over the year but I don't think she should be champion. Not championship material for me. Arisa Hoshiki as champion is the perfect way to go after Momo's long title reign. Great wrestler, has a big presence that you would want from your champions, has many directions that you can take as far as feuds go. It's hard to put it to words but Hoshiki feels like a worthy champion whereas Tam don't.

I've enjoyed Maya Yukihi's title reign. Ice Ribbon doesn't always catch my interest but when it does,Yukihi is usually at the focus point. Going to watch the Giulia in a bit.

Keep planning time to watch the Iroha v Nanae match (the whole show actually) but I eventually don't in the end. Seadlinnng is probably my favourite Joshi promotion to watch up and down the card.

Status

Seadlinnng seems like nothing more than a Nanae vanity project. Totally checked out of it. Says alot that Arisa Nakajima isn't enough for me to watch. No doubt the match quality is good though.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker
    Seadlinnng seems like nothing more than a Nanae vanity project.
    TBH I can see why it might seem that way if you don't watch, but they're actually one of the best breeding grounds for young talent & a safe haven of sorts where AGZ, Marvelous, & Gatoh Move girls can wrestle girls from Sead, Ice, & OZ & everyone can grow + get more exposure (Perfect example: The tag champs Arita & Takase, who wouldn't be nearly as good without Nanae booking them so well). Also Nanae's title reign was not only one of the best in wrestling for the first half of 2019 but also unselfishly put over Iroha, Joshi's secret MVP. Sead is a great thing for Joshi.

Also Maya raw? Her last 3 big matches (Tsukka/Tsukushi/Giulia) were all ****+ & Joshi MOTYCs. Giulia kind of is but she's improved every month this year & arguably been a highlight of Ice this year. I would be interested if that opinion didn't change after. Also the Bike Club (Suzu Suzuki & Risa Sera vs. Maika Ozaki & Tequila Saya was really great too.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Well honestly in my bobohead mind I had some negative feedback when Nanae became the Beyond The Sea Champion in that great tourney people should check out. They different and very talented ladies from other Companies and Iroha was apart of that very tourney. I thought well she made herself the Champion and now we could get some Double J booking, but that the pure opposite of what we got and I was happy to say she did the job in such the perfect way and in the right moment. Sead has direction, Ice Ribbon has direction, Stardom has direction, Sendai Girls has direction, I can't say the same for Oz Academy right now. Ozaki made herself the World Champion and I have no problem with that, but what is next? I mean her Ozaki-Gun group and I love them all, it's getting to the point where it's unwatchable for me at times. I loved when Shida was Champion it broke everything up, now it's NWO to me where theirs nothing to get excited about right now with them.

You know how much I loved seeing Police play it straight down the middle as Referee, and Police all of sudden decided to be an ass like he can be and slow count and fast count whenever he felt like it. I get it, it is him, but they could really done something with that Tag Match and they overbooked it to hell and it left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm I the only thinking about Oz Academy this way lately or what?

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Well honestly in my bobohead mind I had some negative feedback when Nanae became the Beyond The Sea Champion in that great tourney people should check out. They different and very talented ladies from other Companies and Iroha was apart of that very tourney. I thought well she made herself the Champion and now we could get some Double J booking, but that the pure opposite of what we got and I was happy to say she did the job in such the perfect way and in the right moment. Sead has direction, Ice Ribbon has direction, Stardom has direction, Sendai Girls has direction, I can't say the same for Oz Academy right now. Ozaki made herself the World Champion and I have no problem with that, but what is next? I mean her Ozaki-Gun group and I love them all, it's getting to the point where it's unwatchable for me at times. I loved when Shida was Champion it broke everything up, now it's NWO to me where theirs nothing to get excited about right now with them.

You know how much I loved seeing Police play it straight down the middle as Referee, and Police all of sudden decided to be an ass like he can be and slow count and fast count whenever he felt like it. I get it, it is him, but they could really done something with that Tag Match and they overbooked it to hell and it left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm I the only thinking about Oz Academy this way lately or what?

Real Women of Genius

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

OZ is definitely 100x more of an Ozaki vanity promotion than SEAd is for Nanae and it mostly objectively is trash wrestling 99% of the time. But look at that roster of Ozaki-gun. Maya. Anou. Alex Lee. Sometimes even Takako Inoue. She gives them all whips & all black outfits. We can't argue that OZ Academy has some merit.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

BIG KAIJU~

Status

I'm getting caught up on Stardom as I watch the Sapporo Day and Night Shows. I'm happy to see AZM, Utami, and Mayu all returned between these two Shows man is their Roster deep right now I feel. Stars vs Oedo Tai, Saki vs HZK for the High Speed Title, and Konami vs Bea for the Red Belt I hope are all great watches. Saturday and Sunday my off days which is going to be Joshiweekend now.

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

3 years in counting for this Thread and here comes the 5 Star Grand Prix around again. It's one of my favorite times of the Year for Stardom and look the Red and Blue Stars Block shapes up. Momo or Mayu could win the Red Stars Block, but if what if HZK and Tam with their feeds with Mayu and Momo the past few years stop either one from getting in? Avary is a Wildcard for me I never seen her wrestle at all. Blue Stars Block wise Utami vs Hoshiki will be the Match to watch for me, not saying the other ladies don't have a shot it just seems like it should go that way.

Real Women of Genius

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Hoshiki vs. Hazuki & Hoshiki vs. Jungle were both GREAT matches. Hoshiki is lapping the field this year in terms of great performances, and the Magistral Cradle spot in the Hazuki match was among the best near falls of the year.

I think Hana will win the 5* since she has been kept away from the main events while still being the leader of TCS and Momo just got a Red Belt shot, as underwhelming as it was. I wish Jungle or Konami would win but I think it will come down to Momo/Hana/Mayu to take it.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Had a hot start watching Joshi for the beginning of the year, dropped off a bit besides the occasional title match since the spring, going to try and watch all the 5* GP. At minimum the best matches.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Hoshiki vs. Hazuki & Hoshiki vs. Jungle were both GREAT matches. Hoshiki is lapping the field this year in terms of great performances, and the Magistral Cradle spot in the Hazuki match was among the best near falls of the year.

I think Hana will win the 5* since she has been kept away from the main events while still being the leader of TCS and Momo just got a Red Belt shot, as underwhelming as it was. I wish Jungle or Konami would win but I think it will come down to Momo/Hana/Mayu to take it.
    I haven't seen Kyona vs Hoshiki yet, but I did see HZK vs Hoshiki and it might be my favorite Defense of her White Belt outside of the one with Tam Nakano. So many times I thought will HZK legit get her biggest win of her Career right now and I was heart broken it didn't happen. Hana is your prediction I just can't see it at all. I love Hana as a talent, but I can't see her winning consistently over the cream of the crop in the Red Stars Block. It's going to take of shenanigans for it to happen, but were talking about the booking of Rossy here and he always had a plan up his sleeve. I still think it's Momo and instead challenges Hoshiki to get back her White Belt, leaving Bea to hold onto the Title a little bit longer.

Real Women of Genius

Status

I have an odd question (for a TEW mod) and this isn't the right place to ask.... but there isn't a joshi-specific thread. I'm looking at the Shirai sisters from 2013.... Am I wrong in my belief that Io was the most talented of the pair, even at that point? I know Mio is now retired, but it doesn't seem like she was as highly regarded as Io in the 2012-2014 period. Anyone?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I have an odd question (for a TEW mod) and this isn't the right place to ask.... but there isn't a joshi-specific thread. I'm looking at the Shirai sisters from 2013.... Am I wrong in my belief that Io was the most talented of the pair, even at that point? I know Mio is now retired, but it doesn't seem like she was as highly regarded as Io in the 2012-2014 period. Anyone?
    It is in fact a Joshi specific thread.

Io was a more dynamic high flyer but Mio had a good reputation and was actually pretty in demand around that time. At one point so much so that she signed a 4-way contract with 4 different companies. She was more charismatic than Io IMO. She had a famous team with Kana called Triple Tails and along with Kana/Asuka was considered the top freelancer in Joshi. If you ever want to see what she was like she wrestled Arisa Nakajima once on her produce show and it was a well regarded match.

Right here.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

So I saw the Kyona vs Hoshiki Match last night and my hate for Rossy increases. One of the best Matches of the Year no doubt and I have a question regarding Hoshiki and her White Belt run. Now she defeated Kyona, HZK, Tam and someone else I'm missing someone else because she's defended the White Belt 4 times right? Anyways my question is: Do you think Rossy is booking Hoshiki in a wrong way right now? You guys might be wondering what are you smoking HoHo? Listen she's defeated top challengers right off the bat, but honestly who is gonna stop her? Momo rematch is going to happen at some point right, and outside of maybe Utami I'm not sure I would be interested with anyone else with Hoshiki. I would of rather of seen Rossy spread out these Programs, but he's fast tracking this and I fear it might get to a point of suffering like Io had to deal with during her runs. What do you guys think?

Real Women of Genius

Status

It is in fact a Joshi specific thread.

Io was a more dynamic high flyer but Mio had a good reputation and was actually pretty in demand around that time. At one point so much so that she signed a 4-way contract with 4 different companies. She was more charismatic than Io IMO. She had a famous team with Kana called Triple Tails and along with Kana/Asuka was considered the top freelancer in Joshi. If you ever want to see what she was like she wrestled Arisa Nakajima once on her produce show and it was a well regarded match.

Right here.
    Good lord, I've always read this thread as being specific to STARDOM

Appreciate the response and the linked match. I've been wanting to see something of Arisa as well, so that helps doubly.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Mio was better at telling the story within the ring at the time I think. Io clearly had a higher ceiling though. They both wrestled extremely differently too so it's difficult to properly compare. Fully recommend binging on Nakajima. Kill two birds with one stone and watch Nakajima vs Io.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Watched some of the 5* GP Day One. Good show from what I saw. Only skipped a few matches that didn't look worth checking out (could be wrong).

Recommend: Jungle vs Utami and Kagetsu vs Komani.

Both really good matches that are well worth checking out if you're picking and choosing.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Well when I watch the 5 Star Grand Prix I watch everything and I just finished Day 1 myself a few minutes ago. Before I get into some of the Matches I liked I question the purpose of Avary being involved in the first place. She was downright terrible in that Opening Contest from the Show, but I'll give her another shot when I finally see her first Grand Prix Match on Day 2. Clearly Utami/Kyona, and Kagetsu/Konami was the best from the night. You can't forget though Saki getting the upset win over Mayu, Hayter getting the win Hoshiki, and HZK finally getting a win over Momo on Night 1. You can also give props to AZM in her first Grand Prix beating Sumire, who needs to be dirty Yano rather than Amateur Wrestling Yano for her to get points on the board I feel.

Utami vs Kyona the two strongest in Stardom and their beef goes back to when Jungle was still with JAN. Physical like I wanted to see from both and poor Kyona she can't get a win when it truly matters to save her life. Konami vs Kagetsu a great balance of Striking and Submission and I was happy to see Konami get a win over the Emperor. She is a darkhorse in this Grand Prix that could shake up the Blue Stars Block let's see what happens to her going forward.

You know Months back on Zero's Pure Heart Podcast I asked him if he had the chance to do some kind of G1 Climax/Grand Prix style of Tournament with 16 or 18 ladies in Wrestling who would you pick? I now ask that same question to others, as I try to remember what I tweeted to Zero with my picks.

Real Women of Genius

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread Information