Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

He's one of the best wrestlers in the world who is pushed practically anywhere he goes worldwide and someone that young British wrestlers would look up to and envy his success and ask him for advice, but the guy is a complete tool and seems to lack really simple social skills so that whatever he speaks up on whether he has the best of intentions or not usually always makes him look bad. In trying to dig himself out of the hole he was already in with Sadie he made it ten times worst with the line 'I know it was your granddad's funeral but...', c'mon Will, you don't use a but after that opening line. He is someone who shouldn't have a personal public twitter for the amount of hot water it gets him into, especially in the year he's supposed to get a big babyface push in New Japan.

I think some of this was rooted in him being gaga over Bea who is pretty fucking shite in the ring it has to be said and someone who is that gotten to over everything is probably really gotten to that joshi wrestling fans criticise his gf or in his opinion don't respect her enough while this Sadie seems to have made a decent impression in her matches.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

I think giving advice would be a great thing. Saying "Japan's not a vacation, it's work" isn't advice, that's just being super disrespectful. And to put it out publicly was even worse because he publicly insulted someone's talent, but also their heart which is even worse. Plus the fact that it's about Japan specifically...let's just be honest. He's a worldwide star yes, but he's generously like the 20th most popular wrestler in NJPW at the moment among natives. If Tanahashi or Nagata said stuff like that it would have a lot more weight. That's just not Ospreay's place

Bringing up her personal issues was also very low IMO and made him look worse due to what Ed said. But if there is one thing I'll say it's that it came across more personal than professional by the end like Bea & her had some kind of falling out or Sadie turned him down once or something. At first I thought they had no relationship but they clearly crossed paths at one point which at least gives a reason for him to say this stuff.
    #XI

The Graceful Assassin~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Plus the fact that it's about Japan specifically...let's just be honest. He's a worldwide star yes, but he's generously like the 20th most popular wrestler in NJPW at the moment among natives.
    20th is probably about right, I saw it more as a gaijin talking down to a younger gaijin about what's expected from foreigners that go to work in Japan and with the state of play in 2019 there's not many bigger gaijin's around than Will (Juice and Jay probs). Either way he's got an ego out of proportion and in he's in the wrong for what he said and how he said it.

Didn't think about Bea having a run in with Sadie, can totally buy that they don't get on previous to this Will outburst.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I think giving advice would be a great thing. Saying "Japan's not a vacation, it's work" isn't advice, that's just being super disrespectful. And to put it out publicly was even worse because he publicly insulted someone's talent, but also their heart which is even worse. Plus the fact that it's about Japan specifically...let's just be honest. He's a worldwide star yes, but he's generously like the 20th most popular wrestler in NJPW at the moment among natives. If Tanahashi or Nagata said stuff like that it would have a lot more weight. That's just not Ospreay's place

Bringing up her personal issues was also very low IMO and made him look worse due to what Ed said. But if there is one thing I'll say it's that it came across more personal than professional by the end like Bea & her had some kind of falling out or Sadie turned him down once or something. At first I thought they had no relationship but they clearly crossed paths at one point which at least gives a reason for him to say this stuff.
    That's how it felt like to me Zero and I said my peace in the Progress Thread about it because it was weighting on my mind during the Tag Match he was having. Sadie was truly professional during that whole ordeal, she stood up and didn't back down to the guy who honestly if I saw the guy and was my family or you were talking about me the man would be a Body Cast. I hope she comes back Grand Prix time because I see greatness in her and she wants to learn and their are plenty of girls who could help her elevate her game. So you and I are on the same page with this new Oedo Tai member coming soon it has to be Miyagi. I thought Sendai Girls pumped the brakes on that feud they had going with Kagetsu and HZK showing up there. If she comes to Stardom oh buddy imagine Kagetsu/Miyagi vs Iwata/Meiko or or even Hashimoto

I'll be highly upset if it's just someone already on the roster unless..IT'S TAM who has been at odds with her role lately.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Risa Sera got married (or is getting married) to Uto from BJW, big congrats to her! Figures she's into a deathmatch dude given her previous history Hope she's not thinking about retiring, would be disastrous... albeit less so given where Ice Ribbon is now and the fact Maya has reached cross infinity level.

Is it true that Stardom are selling 'Sexy' versions of their trading cards and including their underage wrestlers in this? Absolutely horrifying if true. Not sure if they've done this before but still. Even if they have the parents' permission... it's pretty seedy.

And I see TJPW are doing a maid cafe too... which is somewhat disturbing but it's DDT so.

Really wish more of an effort was made in actually appealing to the female demographic rather than the middle aged creepy male one but I guess money talks. Feel like it'd be more worthwhile trying to inspire young women into becoming wrestlers rather than waifu idols for NEETs and incels and the like. I get that it's the culture there and the vast majority of the western fans paying attention are dudes... but ffs the demographic is never becoming diverse if you just stick with this shit as a popularity tool. You've got dudes coming to your shows in order to eye up these girls because they're lonely and view them as a girlfriend replacement rather than bringing in a crowd there to see the wrestling.

I know NJPW can be very idol-like with a few things but they aren't solely dependent on it. It's clear that these promotions somewhat are and it stinks a shit ton. Too much attempt at selling themselves with kawaii waifus rather than actually trying to inspire the next generation via the wrestling.

AEW need to sign Jungle Kyona and rescue her from her doom.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Risa Sera got married (or is getting married) to Uto from BJW, big congrats to her! Figures she's into a deathmatch dude given her previous history Hope she's not thinking about retiring, would be disastrous... albeit less so given where Ice Ribbon is now and the fact Maya has reached cross infinity level.

Is it true that Stardom are selling 'Sexy' versions of their trading cards and including their underage wrestlers in this? Absolutely horrifying if true. Not sure if they've done this before but still. Even if they have the parents' permission... it's pretty seedy.

And I see TJPW are doing a maid cafe too... which is somewhat disturbing but it's DDT so.

Really wish more of an effort was made in actually appealing to the female demographic rather than the middle aged creepy male one but I guess money talks. Feel like it'd be more worthwhile trying to inspire young women into becoming wrestlers rather than waifu idols for NEETs and incels and the like. I get that it's the culture there and the vast majority of the western fans paying attention are dudes... but ffs the demographic is never becoming diverse if you just stick with this shit as a popularity tool. You've got dudes coming to your shows in order to eye up these girls because they're lonely and view them as a girlfriend replacement rather than bringing in a crowd there to see the wrestling.

I know NJPW can be very idol-like with a few things but they aren't solely dependent on it. It's clear that these promotions somewhat are and it stinks a shit ton. Too much attempt at selling themselves with kawaii waifus rather than actually trying to inspire the next generation via the wrestling.

AEW need to sign Jungle Kyona and rescue her from her doom.
    Yeah I think I remember seeing those Cards and the pics are from the Stardom book they did recently. Months ago I talked about that Book wondering why the younger talent were on there, but from what I was told the pics weren't inappropriate. Like you said it's apart of the culture there I don't get it. Granted I've make jokes saying before I'm going to Japan and someone told me to visit one of those Maid Shops, but I honestly when I see stuff like this it makes me want to throw up.

This coming from a guy who listens to Jpop, Kpop, and Gravure I know my boundaries on what's right and what is wrong and you don't see me as crazy as some of those creepy guys.

As for Kyona for sure she needs a lifeboat for sure my breaking point was her Match with Kagetsu for the Red Belt recently. Like you've said before, anywhere else she would be Champion and probably DA MAN there by now. I know one thing when it comes to Stardom, this X that is joining Oedo Tai better be Miyagi. I saw a picture of the person it looked like Saki or Leo, then I saw a Video of the person rocking a Ghostface Mask and I think I could see Miyagi in there. The way the person was carrying themselves in the Chair felt like Miyagi to me.

Real Women of Genius

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

It took them awhile but Ice ended up finding their way again with Maya. Her title match win ruled. Risa & Uto & Hideki & Tsukka, the Ice/BJW connection remains strong!

They've done that stuff with the cards with the young girls for years. Obviously I'm not into that at all & morally considering a lot of the native fanbase I do think it's foul, but in Japan 15's legal. It's sad to say but a lot worse probably happens every day there to them. That said there are a few It's Rossy's MO to be as skeezy as possible.

I said this before at some point but Stardom & TJPW are almost completely sexualized & Idol promotions & they always will be. DDT is a sexualized homosexual promotion in a lot of ways & Stardom copies NJPW in a lot of ways so it's easy to see why they're like that. But I would say none of the other feds are like that. Maybe coincidentally guess who has the top drawing houses of 2018 among Joshi feds.

Even TJPW's growth can be linked to Yamashita's title run more than any of the idol stuff.
    #XI

The Graceful Assassin~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

*For the record I'm saying the other companies are all doing better than Stardom attendance-wise when they base stuff around trying to draw middle aged pervs.
    #XI

The Graceful Assassin~

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It took them awhile but Ice ended up finding their way again with Maya. Her title match win ruled. Risa & Uto & Hideki & Tsukka, the Ice/BJW connection remains strong!

They've done that stuff with the cards with the young girls for years. Obviously I'm not into that at all & morally considering a lot of the native fanbase I do think it's foul, but in Japan 15's legal. It's sad to say but a lot worse probably happens every day there to them. That said there are a few It's Rossy's MO to be as skeezy as possible.

I said this before at some point but Stardom & TJPW are almost completely sexualized & Idol promotions & they always will be. DDT is a sexualized homosexual promotion in a lot of ways & Stardom copies NJPW in a lot of ways so it's easy to see why they're like that. But I would say none of the other feds are like that. Maybe coincidentally guess who has the top drawing houses of 2018 among Joshi feds.

Even TJPW's growth can be linked to Yamashita's title run more than any of the idol stuff.
    I would totally agree with that statement and I can be honest about it being a fan of both promotions. I think just recently before the actual Show started they promoted Nodoka Tenma's Gravure like Photobook before the Show. If that's not sexualizing I don't know what is. I never seen that with Ice Ribbon or Sendai Girls, if they have done it before I must of missed it, but to say before the Show hey buy this from our talent who is nude or briefly nude is pretty weird to me.

Well in a happier note I hope Maki gets a shot vs Miyu down the road. She is so much better than alot of the girls in the Company right now, and I'm happy to see how much she's improved since her days in Stardom. I was really into her when she was in Stardom ask Shake, and I was sad when she left, but she got better opportunities elsewhere so good for her. It seems though Maki will need to get through Ito though who didn't like people giving her love during that Tag Match they had recently.

Oh how disrespectful of me for people who didn't watch ROH last night.

Spoiler:

Mayu Iwatani is now the Women of Honor Champion. I'm so proud of Mayu for winning the Title, it's her first Singles Title it feels like in quite awhile. I would hope it means talent exchanging between both Companies, but I can't expect ROH to treat their ladies like they do in Stardom.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 02-11-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information