Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

That's a shame Hayter didn't impress, she's a girl talked up with a big potential in places like Rev-Pro and Eve. I didn't know she got on that tour which should be a good learning experience for her.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I picked and chose from the 5Star GP this year. Really enjoyed Mayu Iwatani (of course), Momo Watanabe, Utami Hayashishita and Hazuki the most. The Momo vs Mayu and Utami Hayashishita vs Mayu matches were my favourite of the whole tournament. Hope they keep up with this momentum.

Was going to watch the lasted Oz Academy show but got side tracked, I do hear great things for Aja Kong vs Shida. Also how great was that Last Women standing match on the 19/08 show?
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm caught up completely on Ice, the Triangle Title match was hilarious & Shida/Sera & Tsukasa/Yukihi were both very very good. I am with TJP. Miyu Yamashita vs. Yuu was phenomenal, Yamashita is my #1 women's wrestler this year. Her vs Azusa was solid but Miyu looked great.

A lot of people were really high on Hayter, Ed. I'm probably the lowest on her. But I doubt I'm the only one who thought she wasn't as good as the natives though.

HoHo you really liked the gaijin? Ellering was awful, and the Konami stuff was inexcusable. Kimber wasn't much better. The others all tried hard but they ALL got outshined by the natives and got way too much focus.

If you want to see the 5*GP's best matches here's my ****+ rated matches:

1. Mayu Iwatani vs. Utami Hayashishita - Final
    2. Mayu Iwatani vs. Hazuki - Night 8
    3. Utami vs. Konami - Final
    4. Mayu Iwatani vs. Momo Watanabe - Final
    5. Kagetsu vs. Jungle Kyona - Night 5
    6. Mayu Iwatani vs. Saki Kashima - Night 2
    7. Tam Nakano vs. Jungle Kyona - Night 3
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

haven't watched Stardom in ages but seeing that Hayashishita made the GP finals had me lolling. How does a rookie with one month experience come close to winning Stardom's G1? No doubt she's good but that can't be good for whoever she beat on the way. Should've just went all in and had her win all the belts before Xmas.

also what the fuck is Oedo Tai break up angle number 70 about
    Last edited by RainShaker; 10-02-2018 at 04:30 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I'm caught up completely on Ice, the Triangle Title match was hilarious & Shida/Sera & Tsukasa/Yukihi were both very very good. I am with TJP. Miyu Yamashita vs. Yuu was phenomenal, Yamashita is my #1 women's wrestler this year. Her vs Azusa was solid but Miyu looked great.

A lot of people were really high on Hayter, Ed. I'm probably the lowest on her. But I doubt I'm the only one who thought she wasn't as good as the natives though.

HoHo you really liked the gaijin? Ellering was awful, and the Konami stuff was inexcusable. Kimber wasn't much better. The others all tried hard but they ALL got outshined by the natives and got way too much focus.

If you want to see the 5*GP's best matches here's my ****+ rated matches:

1. Mayu Iwatani vs. Utami Hayashishita - Final
    2. Mayu Iwatani vs. Hazuki - Night 8
    3. Utami vs. Konami - Final
    4. Mayu Iwatani vs. Momo Watanabe - Final
    5. Kagetsu vs. Jungle Kyona - Night 5
    6. Mayu Iwatani vs. Saki Kashima - Night 2
    7. Tam Nakano vs. Jungle Kyona - Night 3
    Did I love them Zero nah, but comparing the ladies from last year that came in outside of Stardom vs this year it's no comparison this crew blows them away in terms of Matches they had with the Stardom talent. I've caught up on everything except the recent OZ Academy Show that dropped, TJP last two Shows that I hope to see maybe tonight or tomorrow. Ice Ribbon though glad you brought up Tsukasa/Yukihi because man did my Ice Queen stiff the fuck outta Yukihi did you see her the day after man woof it was gross. Sera/Shida was okay to me, but with the skills both ladies have and the push for the Match I thought the Match could of been way better. Shake Utami has been really impressive since her debut and it was nice to see someone new make to to the finals even I didn't expect her to win the experience of the Grand Prix will do her loads of help going forward.

Also the Hana leaving the group I have no fucking clue she did it, pretty much I don't need you guys anymore, but I'm sure Hana will be a Pit Stop feud with Kagetsu till she faces Mayu down the road.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Utami making it was totally the right call. She got way more attention for this and the match itself in the final was the best of the year. Plus it saves Kagetsu/Mayu while allowing Mayu to win. Utami will be one of the top players in Stardom going forward almost assuredly so it won't hurt anyone. It was unexpected but has someone the fans can buy into unlike people like Jungle & Konami who they've constantly dropped the ball with. Mayu can be Utami's big scalp a year or 2 from now.

Some people think Hana is done with Stardom and that's why she turned. It came across more as her starting her own faction.

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

I can understand why you'd book it that way but imagine if a young lion came into NJPW and won the BOSJ or G1 (or got to the finals rather) within a month of their debut. It'd be weird, I think.

Was Utami coming into Stardom with a fanbase already? Is she famous somehow?

I think Stardom seem to be in a position where theyre in need of new stars so Arisa coming back along with Utami's push could be a good thing. I look forward to Arisa winning the Cinderella tournament though I think Utami winning could be nice too. That's what I would have given her along with a decent performance in the GP.

Mayu winning GP is fine as it's a big moment for her but Mayu vs Kagetsu again?

I haven't followed Joshi at all much recently. Has Giulia won the ICE cross infinity title yet or nah

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    I can understand why you'd book it that way but imagine if a young lion came into NJPW and won the BOSJ or G1 (or got to the finals rather) within a month of their debut. It'd be weird, I think.

Was Utami coming into Stardom with a fanbase already? Is she famous somehow?

I think Stardom seem to be in a position where theyre in need of new stars so Arisa coming back along with Utami's push could be a good thing. I look forward to Arisa winning the Cinderella tournament though I think Utami winning could be nice too. That's what I would have given her along with a decent performance in the GP.

Mayu winning GP is fine as it's a big moment for her but Mayu vs Kagetsu again?

I haven't followed Joshi at all much recently. Has Giulia won the ICE cross infinity title yet or nah
    Not sure if she was famous before her debut match against Jungle or not but the crowd seemed hyped for it at the time. Maybe she was heavily promoted in Japan as this big prospect. Helps that the match ruled and gave Utami loads of momentum going into this tournament.

Kagetsu vs Mayu is a bit rushed but I'm sure there are rumors of Kagetsu retiring. That could be a factor.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

In fact, Utami's dad is one of the biggest reality stars in Japan. She was famous before.

I actually would agree that this kinda push for a young guy would be goofy in an NJPW setting, but remember that the dynamics of Joshi are way different than guy companies. That Young Lion in NJPW has a decade to become a main eventer, Utami could be out in like 3 years. A lot of the girls in the tournament weren't very experienced either outside of Kagetsu & Mayu. It really isn't that much of a stretch imo.

I just hope Mayu wins the title. I enjoy Kagetsu a lot but she's the wrong long term champion for Stardom. Doesn't fit.

Giulia hasn't won but Miyako's reign was too awesome anyway. Also Miyako led a six woman rap battle on the 8/26 show which featured the unexpected cameo of the year.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    In fact, Utami's dad is one of the biggest reality stars in Japan. She was famous before.

I actually would agree that this kinda push for a young guy would be goofy in an NJPW setting, but remember that the dynamics of Joshi are way different than guy companies. That Young Lion in NJPW has a decade to become a main eventer, Utami could be out in like 3 years. A lot of the girls in the tournament weren't very experienced either outside of Kagetsu & Mayu. It really isn't that much of a stretch imo.

I just hope Mayu wins the title. I enjoy Kagetsu a lot but she's the wrong long term champion for Stardom. Doesn't fit.

Giulia hasn't won but Miyako's reign was too awesome anyway. Also Miyako led a six woman rap battle on the 8/26 show which featured the unexpected cameo of the year.
    I second that recommendation from my brother Zero watch the Rap Battle. I would say though Mayu should of been the girl to beat Toni for the Red Belt and I still don't get how you don't build her back at that point when she had her injury. Yeah Mayu wins the Title maybe on the second shot vs Kagetsu because I can see some fluky win for Kagetsu with the help Oedo Tai and then Mayu beats her the second time. Mayu gets a long reign and in within a year she drops it Momo that is my prediction. I can't wait to see the 9/30 Show with Momo vs Kagetsu Double Title Match and JAN vs Stars for the Trios Titles.

I was meaning to ask about Arisa someone I have no knowledge of who she is, what's the scoop on her?

Real Women of Genius

Status

she's the chick that does the question mark kick that retired cause she got injured... cant remember anything else dawg

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Many people thought Arisa was the best actual wrestler in Stardom for her time besides perhaps Yoshiko. But her look isn't that of a model so she didn't quite get the pushes some others did. Also she was Mayu's first regular tag partner. If she can get better than she was she'll be a great addition. And yes, her Brazilian Kick finisher was something else.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

10/23 it's going down damn I can't wait. Hana though will never miss a Photo Op.

Real Women of Genius

Ole!

Status

Not sure if this is the right thread but my buddy Rhia O'Reilly is over in Japan wrestling for Sendai girls as Pro Wrestling Eve's representative

Prince Of Joshi

Status

So did anyone see the Stardom: True Fight Show? It was quite an entertaining Show throughout and it all started with me with HZK vs Mary Apache. I found it funny before the Match, HZK was like she's the High Speed Champion...but she's slow and then takes the L in a very good Match and a Match I would love to see again for the High Speed Title. JAN vs Drunk as Fuck Connection was one of my favs when it comes to the Tag League so far. Alot of people don't like Martina, but Sumire with her is great and she has improved since her last tour with the Company. What could of happened if Kyona took some of that Energy/Beer Drink Sumire and Martina likes to drink hmm

I never thought I would see the day when Hana and Kagetsu would be beating each other to death over anything in Stardom. I don't know how others felt with this, but way too much interference for me. I know the rules allow it, but geez did the ladies get involved that much during the Match? We still haven't found out the relationship with Mary and Hana and why she is rocking this new look. Granted when the interference stopped, the Match got really good and even though I would of rather of seen this months later it delivered as Hana went down on her Shield vs the Red Belt Champion.

Mayu vs Momo is what everything I wanted to see and it was a good Main Event. Back and forth we went and Momo coming to her own and getting that experience with Matches with Io Shirai prepared her for a war with Mayu. I rack that win up as just as important a win for Momo was it was beating Io, because of their long history and Momo getting that win she wanted for a few years now. It seems we will get Arisa vs Momo for the White Belt and if any indication by Arisa showing off her skills and saying Momo throws fake kicks oh boy that is going to be World War 3!

Still need to finish up that OZ Academy Show with Shida/Kong as the Main Event though. I know one thing Alex Lee needs more opportunities in Wrestling girl is so good.

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

So, I've bought a membership for Marvelous' streaming service, just to try something new. Heard good things about it, the roster is pretty good and the cards look like fun so I thought I'd bite the bullet. Started on some of the January shows and trying to work my way up, it's better to see the progression of the feuds rather than just jump in randomly. I've watched a few matches so far, it's been good. I'm familiar with Mio Momono already (she is great) and she is impressing me even more in the matches I've watched. From what I've seen, would recommend it to anyone who hasn't already.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    So, I've bought a membership for Marvelous' streaming service, just to try something new. Heard good things about it, the roster is pretty good and the cards look like fun so I thought I'd bite the bullet. Started on some of the January shows and trying to work my way up, it's better to see the progression of the feuds rather than just jump in randomly. I've watched a few matches so far, it's been good. I'm familiar with Mio Momono already (she is great) and she is impressing me even more in the matches I've watched. From what I've seen, would recommend it to anyone who hasn't already.
    Yeah Mio Momono is great and I believe she's only 20. She has a bubbly personality, but don't let her cute looks fool you she has a mean streak in her like no other.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Does Boss Mio still team with mammy Yumi Ohka?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Does Boss Mio still team with mammy Yumi Ohka?
    Last time I remember yeah and I think they are Wave Tag Team Champs now. I'm watching this SEAdLINNNG d-Higher Show from 10/3 and all these ladies are going for it hard in this Beyond the Sea Title Tourney.

Real Women of Genius

Status

I see AgZ had an amazing attendance for Korakuen Saori vs SAKI. Goddamn that's surprising but not surprising at all when I really think about it.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information