Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

Well a couple of you have been banging on about Io/Mayu to the point where I had to check it out. I thought it was a very good match, Io came across well as a fighting champion who didn't hold back against her best friend and had just about enough to see off young Mayu who threw everything at her, she'll have her day in the future. Loved the drama in the battle to land the german and dragon suplexes. I wouldn't have it above Aja/Meiko which I loved, but this sits in at my 2nd favourite joshi match this year. I'm not quite on board with all this rock, paper, scissors and pajama party stuff that seems to be a hit with Stardom's international fans, but when there's great wrestling to be had I'll check them out.

This thread was a good idea Dylan, and Stardom certainly deserve credit for catering better to their English speaking fans and putting New Japan to shame on that front.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Wait second favorite, so you haven't seen Io Shirai vs Kairi Hojo from Queens Shout : Stardom vs. World Selection #2? My personal favorite Joshi match of the year and I had Aja/Meiko being one my favs as well.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Io vs Kairi is a good match too. I also sort of count Io vs Meiko as a match of this year as well as it took place pretty much at the end of 2015 and might be forgotten about by some. Fact is... when Io is involved in a big match, it's almost certainly guaranteed to be something worth the watch.

Pajama Party is over because it features the three main girls of Stardom in an interview series but has them trying to speak English and acting goofy. The whole pajama thing is just a bit of fun but in essence means nothing. Janken is also for fun and it just allows personalities to shine through alot more since we don't get much in the way of promos or anything. Think if NJPW World did stuff where you got to see the likes of Okada, YOSHI HASHI etc all hang out and get up to dumb shit (English speaking friendly of course) - it just gives you some insight into the girls and allows you to differentiate them based upon more than wrestling ability I guess.

Also i'll be waiting for the final 2 matches of the second round of Janken before doing my recap. Means I can do the entire second round in one sweep.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 05-30-2016 at 07:26 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

I think Stardom as a whole is a promotion best enjoyed up and down if that makes sense as there's a heavy emphasis on A. Telling a story between Io/Mayu for the last 3 big shows as well as B. Following these rookies to me has so much more appeal to me than what NJPW does as we know that this will pay off soon for these girls.

Pajama Party & Tea Time are just basically small interview segments, they're nifty in hearing their thoughts and there's simply no way you can not laugh at Io & Kairi's impression of Satomura. Track that one down for Pajama Party. The RPS stuff is goofy, but I like the idea of wrestlers doing shoot tournaments of things and Kairi as a banana is the GOAT.

Watch all of Mayu's big matches from '16, Ed. I want to see if you agree with my take that with her variety & quality she's an underrated Most Outstanding candidate. (vs. Kay Lee Ray, vs Evie, tag w/Io vs Kairi/Meiko, vs Hiroyo Matsumoto & obviously vs Io)

Meiko/Aja was probably my #1 too, either of those 2 plus the tag are MOTYCs.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

Stardom is a company that has two sides to it - the serious side and the fun side, of course you get a mixture of both sometimes too. It's not a company to follow for people who are expecting top notch matches top to bottom. That being said, you can expect good to great matches regularly from the main three girls in terms of action... but it's also a lot of fun watching the rookies and you can see them learn bit by bit. Some of the things are a bit hard to get into - i'm not really a big fan of the singing segments or the Fuka dance crew segments and stuff but it is what it is.

The Janken tournament is just fun to me, it's really funny to see them almost act candidly yet in character - I also imagine that they are doing these sort of things to shine a spotlight on other talent not named Io, Mayu or Kairi.

Watched this week's Tea Time and Kairi is adorable. I love how Santana asked her if she got to meet Trish Stratus and Kairi responds affirmitavely by clapping and shouting YAAAAAY! Couple that with her very basic English and you get a segment where you can't help but smile. All the ladies seem like big children at heart which is amazingly fun to see in interviews etc.

Also, Pro Wrestling Wave, another Joshi promotion that features the likes of Ayako Hamada, Hikaru Shida, Misaki Ohata, Yumi Ohka, Tsukasa Fujimoto and Aoi Kizuki... and a whole other bunch of talented ladies has launched their own streaming service which functions similarly to NJPW World. I think there is a free trial for a month so im going to sign up and check it out, I expect there to be quite a big bunch of good matches on there too and there would appear to be a decent bit more depth in the roster too in terms of card placement.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

The only sad part of Tea Time is Good Chelsea's still in the opening and not around.

I actually enjoy Stardom's shows on the whole more than most companies bell to bell for a long time as mentioned every rookie match serves a purpose and is actually quality (maybe not these Azumi Army clusters). Oedo Tai coming up again hasn't helped though admittedly in terms of pure wrestling. Like I said these are gonna be some really hot shows 1 year from now once these girls (Particularly Momo, Anou, Jungle, Mimura) get a bigger push and more experience, Bito's back, 'lex is still gonna be around, the good gaijin like Kay Lee are going.

I ask you all to join me in prayer on this day so that God above triggers Evie's heart and makes her decide to return to the Joshi world and away from the indie sleaze in some sheepshagging town down under where she'll otherwise be stuck at. Or at least get Rossy to give her lots of yen to come back. Amen.

Those dancing scenes are like 2 minutes of a 2 hour show. Who cares?
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

I took to Chelsea quickly and thought she was cool, on the plus side we still get to see her rock solid abs in the opening. I wish they'd bring her back and use her to build up the rookies.

I rarely find myself bored watching any Stardom show, they are super enjoyable for the most part aside from a few duds here and there. I enjoy the Azumi army stuff - they use comedy to mask the wrestling ability well. Oedo Tai are going to end up a Bullet Club clone at some point with the constant shenanigans. But I do think Kagetsu and Kimura are solid in the ring. Kris Wolf has enough personality to get by too. My issue is that they seem to bring in all the gaijin - I hope KLR and Toni arent involved.

Evies too busy streaming video games bro, hit her up and twitch and get her told.

Lol true about the dancing - I guess we gotta get our fix of Fuka somehow.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Alright - Janken and Pajama Party recaps will come soon.

I'll just say that this episode of Pajama Party was possibly my favourite yet - it was fucking hilarious, the episode was about hobbies and Mayu Iwatani's hobby brought the fucking lolz.

But first, let me just finish my review of the first ever Stardom Show:

STARDOM - BIRTH OF NOVA - 23rd January 2011 (Stardom World playlist link - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...VTLs2_DxQ3U-f7)

Alright, two matches are left - and they all feature debutants in the form of Arisa Hoshiki, Mayu Iwatani, Yoko Bito and Yoshiko.

Mayu Iwatani vs Arisa Hoshiki

Spoiler:

Recap: This is going to be fun - I'm curious to see how Mayu looked when she debuted. I'm sure Jon is a fan of the attire as always - the attire actually reminds me a lot of Hiromi Mimura's currently... very interesting. They lock up and tussle for position, Mayu shows off a kip up before eventually managing to get an arm drag. She keeps a hold of the arm and kicks Hoshiki - you can see a clear difference in the Mayu of today and the Mayu of then already as the kicks don't look very stiff and are very robotic. Mayu then takes Hoshiki for a ride as she turns and jumps onto the turnbuckle and then sends her flying with an arm drag. Then comes the rookies' favourite: dropkick. Then there's a bit of an awkward skrimish in the corner as Mayu grabs the downed Hoshiki by the hair and the ref gives a warning. He even has to count to five as Mayu just stand there grasping the hair... it doesn't even look like it's doing much damage either. They both meet back in the middle of the ring and have another test of strength with Hoshiki winning and getting control of the arm. Mayu gets out of it by tossing her but it's countered into a pin attempt - Mayu kicks out before the ref can even get down to count. Hoshiki then gets her in a front headlock but Mayu reverses and takes the back... only for Hoshiki to do the same and then put her in a full nelson. Mayu's dumped to the floor, lifted up and then snapmared straight back to the floor... and then lifted back up again and whipped into the corner but she uses the ropes to jump over Hoshiki and roll her up for a one count. We then get a forearm battle between the two which isn't very good to look at. Eventually Hoshiki is hit into the ropes and rebounds with a dropkick... she then lifts Mayu back onto her feet and drills hard knees into the gut before bouncing off the ropes and jumping onto Mayu's shoulders, taunting and then hitting a clunky arm drag before kicking Mayu to the ground. She goes for the pin and gets a two count. Hoshiki misses a kick and is pulled down by the hair and Mayu then kicks her a few times on the ground. Mayu is then counter whipped into the ropes, bounces off and takes Hoshiki down with some sort of leaping forearm move, she repeats this twice more for a two count. Mayu instantly goes for an armbar... and she actually straightens the arm out but Hoshiki rolls and gets to the ropes. Mayu then gets a bicycle kick to the gut that seems to wind her, Hoshiki then lands a few kicks to the body before slapping Mayu... Mayu responds with an extremely hard slap... Hoshiki's slaps are weak and Mayu hits her hard again. Hoshiki finalls slaps her hard which causes Mayu to let out a scream and start slapping the shit out of her... Hoshiki takes it and fires a slap back... Mayu then hits her again with a brutal slap... the match is sort of breaking down but Mayu grabs Arisa and tosses her and gets the armbar once more. She breaks Hoshiki's grip and extends the arm (if this were real, Hoshiki's arm would have been broken at this point) and Hoshiki tries to find a way out. After frantically throwing her legs about, she eventually gets a rope break. Mayu then locks on a kimura as she jumps guard but Arisa gets out of it and then transitions into a single legged crab... Mayu really has nowhere to go... but she manages to grab Hoshiki by the hair and force the hold to be broken. They get up and Hoshiki lands more kicks and sends Mayu into the corner... she then grabs Mayu by the head and shakes her about before hitting her with a single knee facebuster and kicks her a few times but Mayu ducks, bounces off the ropes, transitions from a La Magistral into a sitout pin attempt that Hoshiki kicks out of. Mayu's fuming and shouts at the ref, Hoshiki grabs her and hits her with a forearm, Mayu responds by screaming and hitting her with a ton more and they go back and forth until Mayu misses one and Hoshiki hits her with a question mark kick - probably her best move tbh. Mayu gets lifted back up and whacked with another question mark kick that seals the deal for Hoshiki.

Thoughts: Boy oh boy Mayu Iwatani has come a long way in the last five years. A long way. This wasn't a very entertaining match... but it did have some nice moments. The slapping sequence was good - especially from Mayu, those slaps were hard as fuck and Hoshiki seemed visibly put off by them and looked like she was flinching. The forearms and stuff were really tame and the kicking was clunky - the match also had no rhythm to it most of the time. Felt like they were just going from bit to bit. I would say the quality of this match is pretty much the same quality from the Stardom rookies of today. Hoshiki had some really nice kick offense and I will never not love that question mark kick. Both showed some potential here and there but the match felt flat to me and was very dull for the most part. There just wasn't enough to make it interesting and found myself just waiting for it to end.

Yoko Bito vs Yoshiko

Spoiler:

Main event time. Just a word before this - the reason why I can't stand Yoshiko stems from the fact that she turned a match with Act Yasukawa into a legitimate shoot. This led to Act having horrible injuries on her face and played a huge factor in her retirement - Yoshiko knew that she could beat up Act in a shoot and she did. She was jealous of Act's popularity and all that sort of stuff. But the fact is she broke the trust that two performers should have in each other with regards to this stuff. Stardom management took a paycut for the incident (Fuka, Rossy Ogawa and Nanae Takahashi) - but it appears that Nanae Takahashi wasn't very happy about it or the fact that Yoshiko was suspended indefinitely. Nanae would leave Stardom and form her own promotion called SEAdLINNNG and she would go on to hire Yoshiko. To me, that's shameful and Yoshiko should be in jail never mind still wrestling. It is what it is. The shoot incident is on the internet somewhere as well as various pictures of Act's face after it (nsfw) - I can't remember the extent of her injuries but I believe she couldn't open her eyes for a few days.

Onto the match.

Recap: Introductions happen and you can already tell Yoshiko is a bitch just by looking at her. Bito offers a handshake and Yoshiko slaps her hands before walking away. They start with a lockup and take turns forcing each other back until Yoshiko eventually gets Bito against the ropes and grabs her by the hair and shouts something - Bito responds with a nice slap. Yoshiko gets mad and grabs her by the hair again and rattles her head about... but Bito eventually forces her off. Yoshiko puts her hand up in the air looking for a battle of strength but Bito slams a leg kick right into her thigh, loving the attitude. Eventually they both lock hands and jostle for position, Yoshiko wins as she manages to force Bito across her knee and starts thrusting her down forcefully into the knee before grabbing Bito by the face and then elbowing her the gut as she falls down. She picks Bito up and chucks her across the ring - Bito then gains control as she pays the favour back. She then delivers kicks to the kneeling Yoshiko - similar to Yuzupon's kicking attack earlier. Bito picks her up but Yoshiko regains control and takes Bito by the face and rubs it into the ring ropes before slamming her to the mat. She picks her up and whips her into the ropes... Bito comes back and is put in a choke grip from Yoshiko... weird move to bounce into from the ropes but whatever. Yoshiko hides the grip as the referee takes a closer look, he eventually susses it out as Yoshiko drags Bito to the mat. Yoshiko gets on top and starts hitting loads of forearms into the chest of Bito but Bito reverses position and starts hitting Yoshiko instead. Yoshiko reverses this time and lands forearms... but Bito manages a reversal once more and lands forearms again... she then gets up and hits Yoshiko with kicks before bouncing off the ropes only to be taken down by a shoulder tackle from Yoshiko. Yoshiko then lands four more shoulder tackles before placing her foot on top of Bito for a pinfall attempt - two count. Yoshiko dodges a dropkick from Bito after sending her into the ropes but Bito dodges the resulting elbow drop, shows a bit of hesitancy before bouncing off of the ropes and landing a dropkick. She picks Yoshiko up and sends her to a corner and chases after, landing a flying knee that drops her... she then shows some impressive strength as she picks Yoshiko up and drops her with a suplex. Pin attempt - two count. We then get a forearm battle between the two - it's slightly better than Mayu/Arisa but not by much. Bito gets control though and lands a kick before Yoshiko ducks one and bounces off the ropes and jumps into a double knee facebreaker. Pinfall attempt leads to another two count. Yoshiko then slaps on a sleeper and Bito fights - Yoshiko then sinks hooks in and turns it into a rear naked choke... Bito gets her foot on the rope but it falls off and the referee doesn't break the submission... not sure if that is a botch or not but the choke continues - Bito eventually gets her foot back onto the rope though and the ref calls for a break, Yoshiko keeps the choke on for as long as legally possible. Yoshiko then picks up Bito and puts her in a standing guillotine that has Bito fading once more. Yoshiko jumps into guard and cinches the choke in deeper... the ref checks the arm, it drops once... it drops twice... but Bito gets it up before it drops a third time! She manages to get a foot on the ropes and the hold is broken. The ladies get to their feet and Yoshiko looks for a spinebuster but Bito lands on her feet and drives a knee into the gut of Yoshiko which keels her over. Bito then lands a nice roundhouse kick that sends Yoshiko to the mat -- but she hulks up and gets to her feet, bounces off the ropes... and gets decked again as Bito sends a huge kick into her midriff. Pin attempt and two count. Yoko tries to go for a suplex but Yoshiko plants her weight and gets out of it, responding with a huge headbutt that stuns both her and Bito... she then hits her with another big forearm before picking her up with two hands and slamming her straight to the mat with no mercy. Pinfall attempt but it's another two count as Bito shows heart to kick out. Both ladies are a bit spent at this point. Yoshiko goes up top and lands a crushing senton - but, amazingly, it's only a two count. Legit bought it as the ending. Yoshiko grabs Bito by the head and picks her up before shouting something - Bito slaps her hands away and lands a huge head kick that looks like it might've Koed Yoshiko. It's Bito's turn to go up top, she lands a nice missile dropkick that gets a near fall. Bito then goes for a german suplex but Yoshiko reverses it into a small package - Bito kicks out just in time! Yoshiko then goes for the backslide pin but it's another kickout. We then get the most awkward spot of the match as Bito bounces off of the ropes and......................... just pushes Yoshiko to the mat. That was super awkward. Yoshiko gets up and tries to lift Bito up for a slam it seems but Bito lands on her feet, drives a knee into the head before going for a kick... misses but she twists around and throws another and it lands clean! That was a really nice move, she gets the pin and the win and Shake is happy that Yoshiko is the loser of the first ever main event in Stardom.

Thoughts: This was a decent match. The one thing I will say about Yoshiko is that she stands out right now as the best rookie - she has a character and she knows how to play it, the others feel somewhat bland. Bito gave as good as she got at times too. Both of their movesets are a little meh right now but that's the same story with all of the rookies at this point. Bito had some nice kicks though and she reminds me alot of Yuzupon right now - in looks and in her attacking style. This was definitely the better of the two rookie main events but it still left something to be desired. The clearest thing is that both Bito and Yoshiko have potential. The match wasn't bad at all and most people would find enjoyment out of it. There were some hiccups here and there - especially on Bito's part but it's easy to look past that. What I will say is that despite this being their first match, it was very passable and very watchable. Fuck Yoshiko though.

The show ends with a nice team photo:

Top, Left to right: Mika Nagano, Yoko Bito, Nanae Takahashi, Natsuki Taiyo, Yuzuki Aikawa, Yoshiko, Fuka Kakimoto
    Bottom, Left to right: Iris, Mayu Iwatani, Arisa Hoshiki, Haruka, Eri Susa

Overall thoughts on the show: If you're looking for top class wrestling, this isn't the show for you. The opening match is really the best match and probably the only match i'd go out of my way to watch. The Haruka stuff is good comedy and the Nagano match is good for people who enjoy grappling and want to see how it functions in pro wrestling. As for the rookies - the stuff was just okay. Mayu vs Arisa was the worst match on the card and i'm actually quite mindblown that I find myself saying that a match involving Mayu Iwatani was the worst on the card but it was. Yoshiko vs Bito was a decent match and you can tell that they'd have a fantastic match in future once they've grown in experience. It's going to be nice to watch these ladies grow and i'm looking forward to Mayu's path especially as I'd say she wasn't at the top end of her game for this show. If you have Stardom World - the first match is a match you should check out... especially if you want to see how bad Iris is... but also because Natsuki Taiyo is really awesome. Everything else is something you should watch if you want to - you're not missing much.

Tomorrow comes Janken and PJ party. Peace.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

What do we think of Bito's return vs Kairi? For someone gone for 4 years who wasn't that experienced to begin with I thought she came across quite well and she's one of the more interesting girls to follow.

I didn't like the main event with so much interference but Kagetsu & Kimura can go and am happy for them.

The rookies are so much better than the 3 Oedo Tai girls. Thought Atenea looked the best of the 3.

Shanna's been a disappointment but worked hard against Chelsea. The best is yet to come.

Ever since we discovered Hiroyo being a huge playa and Shake putting her over as a domineering bitch I can't help but find her extremely attractive lately. >.> Seeing Anou get crushed was not fun however.

Bito/Kairi MOTN, not the best Stardom show ever.

Status

Bito looked incredibly sharp. I rate her highly and she is a much needed addition to the roster IMO. She could be a solid feud for Kairi down the road. Even though she was never super experienced to begin with, she was still super solid. I think Fuka must be a good teacher. It's clear to see her influence in some of the Stardom trained girls as alot of them are kick reliant which is what i'd expect from being taught by a Kickboxer. That being said, stiff kicks are integral to just about any joshi puroresu you see.

My worry is that Oedo Tai keep up the interference shtick - it's fine if it's to cover the shortcomings of less than talented girls but Kimura and Kagetsu are really good. Kagetsu especially. She should have beat Mayu.

The other matches were meh but still somewhat fun. Not a fan of Chelsea or Shanna in the slightest tbh. Hiroyo vs Chelsea please. Kill her.

I don't see the attraction to Hiroyo, I guess I like my bitches to be somewhat dainty. Although i'm attracted to Io and her ability to kick my ass certainly is a factor in that. I will say this though - I am weirdly attracted to Nishina. I don't know why. For ages i've found her to be unappealing to look at but idk. im into her now - random sidebit of info seeing as she wasn't on the show. Nanase looks like she could improve quickly, I like her fallaway slam.

Also since I didn't finish the recaps of Janken, it pains me to announce that Jungle Kyona won the tournament after defeating Hiromi Mimura in the final

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Stardom have announced that Ivelisse, Tessa Blanchard, Kay Lee Ray, Toni Storm, Courtney Stewart and Blue Nikita will be in the 5 Star GP. Courtney being involved means that there will have been 4 Scots in Stardom now.

Others:

Io Shirai
    Kairi Hojo
    Yoko Bito
    Mayu Iwatani
    Momo Watanabe
    Jungle Kyona
    Last edited by RainShaker; 07-03-2016 at 11:32 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Great news hearing Ivelisse is involved and Courtney? Is it Courtney Rush aka Rosemary from TNA?

Real Women of Genius

Status

No it's Courtney Stewart. She is Scottish. Think she has been involved with ICW and other Scottish/British promotions

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Screw all the rest, Blue Nikita! <333

This whole lineup looks incredible on paper. Even Tessa should have a hard time looking bad in there with this bunch.

Status

is Nikita any good?

Going to say that Mayu is definitely not winning this down to the fact that she won the Cinderella tournament and has had her title shot. But maybe she wins and goes on to beat Io, finally winning the big one. Kairi, Mayu or Yoko seem like the winners tbh. Expect KLR to get a good run too along with Toni (who i'm developing a crush on)

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Yeah Mayu is often considered a after thought, as much people talk about Kairi and Io more than her. Would be nice to see her win the big one in the end, also when it comes to this tourney of sorts I'll give to a new person outside of Stardom and give them a title shot versus Io unless that's the point of the show and I have no clue because all these shows are new to me.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Mayu is actually my favourite right now but Io's a close second.

Anyways, here's a link to Meiko vs Io from Sendai's 10th Anniversary Show that was for the Sendai World Championship: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jvsos

Full show link: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4j...y-7-2-16_sport

card:

Ayako Hamada Vs. Mika Iwata

Alex Lee Vs. Eiger

Hikaru Shida, KAORU & Nyla Rosa Vs.
    Hiroyo Matsumoto, Shinobu Kandori & Takako Inoue

Hiroe Nagahama & Syuri Vs.
    Cassandra Miyagi & Kyoko Kimura

DASH Chisako & Chihiro Hashimoto Vs.
    Aja Kong & Rydeen Hagane

Sendai Girls World Championship:
    Meiko Satomura © Vs. Io Shirai

Really starting to take a shine to Mika Iwata and Syuri.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 07-09-2016 at 10:57 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Happy to see Nocode from Dailymotion posting shows again. Lately I've been checking that channel out and I guess I found a card to watch for Saturday. Also this channel on Youtube RIP https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6...raDLwNeGgiTXwA

Dude is posting Stardom, Wave I believe is the name as well.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Nice, I usually check out the shows on Stardom World but will be cool to check out WAVE until I eventually sign up to their streaming service also.

The Stardom shows there are old shows though which I suppose will be good to check out seeing as World doesn't have many 2015 events yet.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I knew you'd come around on Mayu being numbah 1.

You should take a shining to Iwata and Syuri, one's a great rookie talent and the other is one of the best wrestlers period today. That card's really great btw. Nothing bad up and down the card outside of maybe Lee/Eiger (Sorry Alex) and even that was only 5 minutes.

Iwata/Hamada was great for what it was. Iwata shines and Hamada's still a boss in the ring. Was pumped after watching.

Loved seeing Kandori again. Nostalgia and Shida/KAORU worked well with everyone.

Syuri & Kimura interaction >>>

Was a tad disappointed by the semi-main. Only a tad. Fantasy booking a DASH vs Syuri match in the future hopefully because we need it.

The main event: Pretty strong all things considered. Meiko is a treat to watch and Io is as top class as it gets so it's not like this result surprised anyone. I loved Satomura's Pelé and Io just has a certain swagger to her. Great match, easily worth going out of your way for.

Thread Information