Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Official Stardom and Friends Joshi Discussion

Mayu Iwatani is now the new head trainer at Stardom. So doubt she will be retiring from wrestling any time soon if she's taking up such a position.

Pretty much confirms Io is gone though.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Mayu Iwatani is now the new head trainer at Stardom. So doubt she will be retiring from wrestling any time soon if she's taking up such a position.

Pretty much confirms Io is gone though.
    Yeah, but at least Mayu is not retiring. I would of been really bummed hearing that she really did retire. Mayu as the White Belt champ now, I wonder who will she drop the title to? I heard Toni vs Io went to a draw, and unless WWE has locked up Toni by WWE Tourney time she might win the Red Belt maybe?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

I hope toni doesnt win but we will see what happens. She will be in Womens Tourney though.

Also Davey M is saying Kairi has been told that she cant do the elbow drop as it belongs to Bayley. Lmao.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 05-18-2017 at 03:19 PM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status

I hope toni doesnt win but we will see what happens. She will be in Womens Tourney though.

Also Davey M is saying Kairi has been told that she cant do the elbow drop as it belongs to Bayley. Lmao.
    I hope that isn't the case because that's Kairi money maker and I can't see her any other finish to watch matches. I mean she does the Spear, the Running Forearm when an opponent is sitting down, but her Elbow Drop is the money maker. You can't even compare Bayley's Elbow Drop vs Kairi's Elbow Drop it's night and day. I don't like hearing this, hopefully WWE let's her use in the tourney and find out oh yeah it's too beautiful to not let her use it going forward.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

Yup. Its pretty much the move that sparked western interest in her with tons of GIFs being shown on the net and shit. Would be mega disappointing if she can't do it but WWE are dumb so whatever.

Hope Io isnt banned from moonsaulting cause Charlotte does it.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status

Yup. Its pretty much the move that sparked western interest in her with tons of GIFs being shown on the net and shit. Would be mega disappointing if she can't do it but WWE are dumb so whatever.

Hope Io isnt banned from moonsaulting cause Charlotte does it.

The thought of that just gave me a headache

Real Women of Genius

Status

Latest SEAd show was enjoyable. So glad to see Best Friends working regularly again. Really hope we get to see them take on some big teams soon like Syuri/Shida and Azure Revolution. Gonna be fun. Hope Arisa Nakajima isn't going to play second fiddle to Nanae and Yoshiko in the promotion, though. Certainly feels like more of a big deal than Yoshiko atm anyway.

Can't wait for their show in a couple of days. Arisa Nakajima vs Hiroyo Matsumoto is going to bring the pain. I'm going to end up being a massive hypocrite and loving SEAdLINNNG.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Kairi vs Mayu might be my favourite Stardom match this year. Some really good stuff. Really high on them both right now and Kairi's reign started off super slow/shitty but became something great. She's done a great job in her leaving run. Really going to miss her presence.

Io vs Toni felt very slow and was decent. I don't think it was as good as Kairi/Mayu. It was a good performance from both and really picked up. Toni polarises me from time to time but this was a good one. I think there's something I'm just not seeing in her, though. Must be cause she's not Japanese Not much needs to be said about Io at this point. She's pretty good. Not sure what they're doing with the draw result, though. Mayu challenging is interesting. I wonder if they will unify the belts into one almighty glorious PINK belt. If it's happening, I think it's time Mayu-san is going to be on top! I'd fucking lol if Io goes over Mayu again, though.

Io's had 14 title defences over 513 days, fuck me. add in her previous red belt reign and she's got 24 title defences over 981 days. Close to the 1000 day mark.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status

Just finished the Samurai TV version of Stardom Gold and I was really fucking happy with the event as a whole. Very quick thoughts with the undercard Konami is being wasted on Six Man Tags right now, I'm loving HZK more and more, and Rebel never in your fucking life stop sexy time with Hana. I loved how HZK said fuck dancing and posing, and goes straight to the ropes to stick her middle finger up that's so her lol.

Hiroyo Matsumoto and Jungle Kyona vs. Jessicka Havok and Tessa Blanchard[Goddesses of Stardom Championship]
    -I really liked this match between both of these teams. I wanted to see the match go longer, but Havok and Blanchard is a good combo together I was really impressed by their chemistry. I'll never be a fan of Tessa, but you cannot deny her getting better in there lately and she looked very strong in a losing effort versus Hiroyo and Kyona. Jungle POWAH had a great match together, wished their was a tourney with Joshi tag teams because this team is good enough to make the finals.

Kairi Hojo vs. Mayu Iwatani[Wonder of Stardom Championship]
    -What a emotional match to watch, because I already knew the result, but still a great ending to Kairi run as Wonder of Stardom Champion and in Stardom in general. Theirs no better a person to drop the title to, and Kairi didn't make it easy for her as well. Since I saw the Samurai TV version I would like to know what both were saying after the match and more so towards the end of the show with Kairi closing it out if someone can tell thank you.

Io Shirai vs. Toni Storm[World of Stardom Championship]
    - I happy as fuck with this match, truly better than their CWA title match and damn Referee fucking up with the spots. I mean I didn't know Io was really hurt and knocked out, because it felt so weird seeing a Referee push the Champion under the Ropes just as Toni about to cover her. I like the drama that was caused because of it though will Io get up before 20, but somehow she was able to kick out a move later sighs. I like the draw ending, but where does Toni go from here? I swear maybe it's the editing, but did they no sell Storm nearly coming away with the Red Belt, for instead having Mayu challenge Io title for title? I mean why not have Toni Storm say I nearly had you something, felt bad for her mad at herself in not winning, and Mayu is standing over Io woah.

Obviously Kairi Hojo not knowing what she was saying I was in tears. You cannot cry for a Wrestler who gave everything to the company and is moving on to another journey in her life. Other talent in tears too broke me further, oh boy I'm going to remember this show for sure.

Real Women of Genius

Status

The news HoHo has been waiting for! The Stardom Janken Tournament will begin being shown on Monday. Unfortunately for him, I'm not going to be on here very much throughout next week to discuss it or let him know what's happening so

First round matches uploaded on Monday:

Jessicka Havok vs AZM
    Rebel vs Yoko Bito
    Hiromi Mimura vs Kairi Hojo
    Toni Storm vs Io Shirai

Tuesday:

HZK vs Jungle Kyouna
    Tessa Blanchard vs Mayu Iwatani
    Natsuko Tora vs Konami
    Kris Wolf vs Hetzza

Round 2 will be shown on Wednesday, Semi Finals on Thursday and Finals on Friday!

As for the ref spots in the Toni/Io. I've never seen a ref deliberately push someone out of the ring like that just for fear of safety. Shit doesn't make sense. It didn't come off as a worked injury angle, it came off like the referee was trying to prevent Toni from winning the match. Sucks ass. I didn't really get into the match all that much because it became obvious we were getting a draw relatively early on. It is what it is. As for Toni not challenging Io again - it's because Toni's current run is done. She can only come in for a certain amount of months at a time due to visa stuff. Her run's ended just in time for the WWE tourney to start up, I see. Interesting. They're never giving Toni the red belt because she can't be there every single month and they need the red belt holder to be there every month to headline Korakuen Hall shows. Also, Toni very clearly is using Stardom as a stepping stone to the WWE, she's made it no secret that she wants to get to the WWE and I doubt she's going to be in Stardom in a year's time if she impresses at the tourney (if she takes part). Plus, the rub of her beating Io is wasted. I feel like her winning the Cinderella tournament was such a waste now too but not like they had much choice.

Mayu is going to beat Io, I think. I would hope so. It makes sense. Mayu beats Io, Io announces departure, we got Thunder Rock reunion vs QQ at some point, they might even challenge Kyouna/Hiroyo. It's whatever. But I think Io will announce her departure after the Mayu match.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    The news HoHo has been waiting for! The Stardom Janken Tournament will begin being shown on Monday. Unfortunately for him, I'm not going to be on here very much throughout next week to discuss it or let him know what's happening so

First round matches uploaded on Monday:

Jessicka Havok vs AZM
    Rebel vs Yoko Bito
    Hiromi Mimura vs Kairi Hojo
    Toni Storm vs Io Shirai

Tuesday:

HZK vs Jungle Kyouna
    Tessa Blanchard vs Mayu Iwatani
    Natsuko Tora vs Konami
    Kris Wolf vs Hetzza

Round 2 will be shown on Wednesday, Semi Finals on Thursday and Finals on Friday!

As for the ref spots in the Toni/Io. I've never seen a ref deliberately push someone out of the ring like that just for fear of safety. Shit doesn't make sense. It didn't come off as a worked injury angle, it came off like the referee was trying to prevent Toni from winning the match. Sucks ass. I didn't really get into the match all that much because it became obvious we were getting a draw relatively early on. It is what it is. As for Toni not challenging Io again - it's because Toni's current run is done. She can only come in for a certain amount of months at a time due to visa stuff. Her run's ended just in time for the WWE tourney to start up, I see. Interesting. They're never giving Toni the red belt because she can't be there every single month and they need the red belt holder to be there every month to headline Korakuen Hall shows. Also, Toni very clearly is using Stardom as a stepping stone to the WWE, she's made it no secret that she wants to get to the WWE and I doubt she's going to be in Stardom in a year's time if she impresses at the tourney (if she takes part). Plus, the rub of her beating Io is wasted. I feel like her winning the Cinderella tournament was such a waste now too but not like they had much choice.

Mayu is going to beat Io, I think. I would hope so. It makes sense. Mayu beats Io, Io announces departure, we got Thunder Rock reunion vs QQ at some point, they might even challenge Kyouna/Hiroyo. It's whatever. But I think Io will announce her departure after the Mayu match.
    Sound about right, but so will they create a new title or will the White Belt go bye bye? Also with the Janken tourney doubt anyone will upload it for me to enjoy, but hey if I see a gif or two I'll be happy.

Real Women of Genius

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Watched the 5/24 Sead show, really good stuff up & down.

Opener was lots of fun from the Ice crew, I miss Natsuki wrestling but it's fun to see her in the ref role. Obviously know what you're getting into but enjoyable. Tsukushi & Tsukka were by far the highlights. ***

More serious 2nd match & pretty much everyone did good besides Sareee's last Crab Hold wasn't great. Particularly enjoyed Iroha & Sareee's interaction. ***1/4

Nanae & pals tag was fun too, Nanae looked great in particular, look forward to Nanae getting into it with younger & better wrestlers again. ***

Nakajima & Hiroyo was a fantastic match that immediately makes the show worthwhile. I would rank it among Joshi's best this year & I know that's not exactly breaking news. ****1/4

Main event was really good too, Yoshiko is always a quality beast & Rina continues to look better & better & continues her strong 2017. I liked how it felt like they were trying to one-up each other throughout, nifty story between two heavy hitters. ***3/4
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Pain does not lie

Status

Yeah SEAdLINNING's Fortissimo was a great show, one of my favorites of the year for sure. Hiroyo/Arisa was a great match and it stole the show right from under the legs of the other matches for the show. I might need to see some of those past encounters between the two especially back in 2008.

Rina Yamashita vs. Yoshiko I was talking about, I really wanted to see a one on one fight and that's what I got. I thought they match each other to a tee, and I digging where this feud could go. Yoshiko doing some MMA training and getting into the best shape of her life, while Rina wanting to prove that can she hang with the big girls in the company was good to see.

Lastly I hate that High Speed Ref in that Tag Match, let's just have Refs trip talent in order to help her friends. At least I got to gawk at Tsukasa Fujimoto.

Real Women of Genius

Status

It's happening. Get hyped.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status

Ace vs Future Ace should be another Match of the Year Candidate between these two talented ladies.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Hopefully Mayu wins... and unifies the belts. Stardom doesn't need two main belts like this.

I think the 5 STAR GP starts around the 20th of August and I'm not sure when WWE plan to have the live shows for the Mae Young Classic... so it might be a slight indication that Toni Storm won't be advancing past the initial tapings stages. Toni Storm, Kay Lee Ray and Viper are featured on promotional material for the tournament. Also featured is Xia Brookside, Mandy Leon and Lady Chardonay Darcy. So that seems to be the gaijin quota filled out. If we're going with 14 competitors like last year then that means there's 8 slots left open. Mayu, Bito, Kyouna, HZK, Kris Wolf, Kagetsu, Mimura and Konami will probably be the rest of the field. Not sure if they can get Hiroyo for it.

But at least they seem to have a decent field even minus Kairi and Io.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status

So after going through a Box of Tissues I finished Kairi's last show with Stardom. Before I get into that, hmm Hana and Mayu talking about Oedo Tai and her joining the group that's such a tease. We know Mayu won't lose that White Belt, especially since she has a big title match with Io Shirai in the coming days. I have a thought though why not have Mayu turn on Io Shirai and either join Oedo Tai or Queens's Quest? It would be a true shocker, but let's think about it Mayu has always played it the straight way, and maybe she thinks why not get the win the dirty way because my opponent isn't expecting it. They probably won't do it, but I would love to see Mayu stick it to Io for once

Also Hana needs to do a Gravure after all that dancing I saw versus Rebel so I can go into a Coma.

Lastly Kairi vs Stardom talk about a mugging, and HZK getting the pin is a good thing for her going forward for her career. I started crying when Io Shirai Moonsaulted Kairi and started hugging her after the bell, so by the time all the ladies were talking with Kairi in the ring later I was spent. Seeing the younger talent especially broke me further, because they look up to her so much and Momo....Momo was bawling like crazy as was Tora who broke me months after she crying saying I don't want to keep losing anymore. Perfect way to send Kairi on her next journey, so what will they do for Io Shirai when it's time for the Ace to say goodbye?!

Real Women of Genius

Status

I've already seen Mayu vs Hana. Decent outcome. Think they booked it well, bit baffled as to why it wasn't headlining over Io vs HZK though. Not sure if you'll get to see the show or whatever but all the matches have been uploaded as of today so maybe you'll see it soon.

Mayu will never turn heel until she wins the red belt and loses it and the story becomes about her having to develop a mean streak to stay at the top. I think they've been hinting it this year for a while but I think it's impossible to do it for her right now since the ultimate end goal for her is to beat Io and take the red belt and she can't do that as a heel. Then again, it's not like they've been booking Io as heelish. But I think if Mayu was to turn on someone like Bito to join Oedo Tai it'd be better. I don't think Mayu really fits Oedo Tai or Queen's Quest though. I don't think she can play a heel that well as she's very goofy and has a lot of trouble stifling her laughs at her own promos. I don't think she can take herself seriously enough for it. and I think that's been Stardom's problem (other than her not having the ideal Idol good looks) in booking her as the ace of the promotion. We'll see what happens. I just can't see Mayu as a heel right now. I can't see her ever joining Queen's Quest either. It'd be such a staggering flaw in logic. But then again, Io ditching Mayu for HZK was shocking in terms of logic too so who knows? Logical booking hasn't been Stardom's strong point recently.

Hana doing a gravure would probably be a dream come true for the majority of the Joshi fanbase right now. She seems to be everyone's favourite babe right now. I see too much of her mother in her

For Io's goodbye. I don't know. She could announce she is leaving after losing to Mayu. But I don't think she is going to be in the Mae Young Classic unless they rush her farewell tour. There's no way they aren't giving her a bigger and better sendoff tour than Kairi. But maybe they consider giving her her 10th anniversary show and shit as a sendoff instead. Doubt it. Really up in the air.

Saw that Hiroyo Matsumoto won the sendai world championship. She's having a great year. I wonder if Stardom will have the balls to book her in a red belt feud. I would also like Io vs Hiroyo before Io goes.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Think of the implication

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Just watched any first stardom match. Io Shirai vs Toni Storm at the May 14th show at Korakuen Hall. And I was impressed by both women, both were hard hitting and had a great variety of moves and when to use them. Shirai was very over with the crowd and plays to the crowd more then most Japanese wrestlers I've seen which is a huge plus, especially since she is wwe bound apparently. Toni storm was good at being the aggressor and probably impressed me more then Shirai did to be honest. Both women were great in this match and it was fitting that it ended in a time limit draw. Very good match
    FIGHT Owens FIGHT

Status

The ref and the fact it was an obvious draw ruined the match for me. Stardom/Joshi crowds in general are usually into the wrestlers. Most dont have much issues getting over. Watch Mayu Iwatani vs Kairi Hojo from the same show. Better match.

Kairi has officially left Japan and is now US Bound. Sad times indeed.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information