Country                    England

England Squad Announcement

England squad announced

Three players still to be dropped.

FFS Calm Doon

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: General Football Discussion 2015-16

Rashford, Drinkwater and Delph would be my guess.

Jerker Curtain

Status
      Country                    Australia

I'd drop Wilshere instead of Drinkwater, Drinkwater was an instrumental part in Leicester winning the title.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    Rashford, Drinkwater and Delph would be my guess.
    They would be my guesses too.

I think he wants to have a look at Rashford though, he also said he still has doubts over Wilshire's and Henderson's fitness and thats why he has the extra midfielders.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

From what I gathered a few days ago Rashford is being called up to gain experience in the full set-up, possibly be given a game in the second friendly and that's it. Barring an injury there's no intention of taking him to the Euros which seems smart IMO.

I'd drop Townsend instead of Drinkwater, even though that leaves you with almost no wingers. Blates going to play attackers wide and out of position or start with a diamond anyway so may as well keep the Drinkwater/Vardy partnership a possibility. Delph being dropped is a cert obviously.

Was saying to Nash and Ed, your CBs are literally so poor for this level. Smalling is by far your best option and I'm not sure if that says much, despite his improvements. The strengths in this squad are clearly in attack and so Roy has to go out and play attacking football with this team otherwise he should just give up now.

And he scores goals...!

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Side note, if you wanted wingers, where the fuck is Antonio? Probably the most in-form English winger right now and he hasn't had a look in.

And he scores goals...!

On Vacation

Status

Well you have Townsend and Sterling there as wide men, also Lallana & Milner can both play there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People's Champion

Status

It's another reputation squad. Half of those players through form or fitness have not been the best 23(26) English players in the Prem this season.

On Vacation

Status

General Football Discussion 2015-16

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    It's another reputation squad. Half of those players through form or fitness have not been the best 23(26) English players in the Prem this season.
    So which 13 players do you take out?

People's Champion

Status

Half was a little exaggerated.

Can argue cases against Cahill, Stones, Wilshere, Henderson, Delph, Sterling, Rooney

On Vacation

Status

I would take Rooney purely on his experience and he's the current captain, I possibly wouldn't start him but he should be in the squad imo.

What centre backs would you take before Cahill & Stones? That is one area where England is pretty weak at the moment.

With Wilshere I think it depends on his fitness(which is why he's added a couple of extra midfielders) if he is fit I'd take him as he is one of the best midfielders we have an he has the extra bonus of not being burnt out after playing 50 games over the past 9 months.

Rusev Day Smod

Status

I don't really think you can argue with the squad he's named too much to be honest. I think he has a nice blend of youth and experience and I'd rather see Rashford get a chance than Defoe as he's got that fresh approach.

Plus I think his late season form has made people think Defoe is better than he is. He's scored 15 in 33 Premier League appearances. Rashford has seven in 16 matches in all comps. Not much difference with the ratio at all. I think we've got enough experience in Sturridge and Rooney so would rather have Rash as backup than Defoe, don't think it is anything to do with Roy being big club bias.

Antonio is an interesting one for sure. He's definitely been better than Townsend but Hodgson definitely has a thing for Townsend so I am not surprised to see him in.

I really don't see any other options that were better than what were included. Delph will definitely be cut and so will Rashford most likely. Then I think one of Wilshere, Henderson and Drinkwater miss out as well. I fear for Drinkwater and believe he should go. I'd rather have Wilshere than Henderson so if it was me he's be the other one to miss out.

So yeah I think pretty much the right squad but I'll agree with what everyone has said we're weak at the back. I think Smalling is the definite started but whether he goes for Stones or Cahill remains to be seen. I actually think he might look at Dier there in one of the friendlies.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I don't really think you can argue with the squad he's named too much to be honest. I think he has a nice blend of youth and experience and I'd rather see Rashford get a chance than Defoe as he's got that fresh approach.
    I think that's pretty unfair on Defoe. Firstly he has 18 in 33 in all competitions or 15 in 32 in PL, compared to Rashford's 7 in 16 in all competitions or 4 in 10 in the PL. So that's a considerable difference plus Defoe was doing it in a relegation threatened side compared to Rashford doing it in a side fighting for European competition (albeit United have zero attacking intent limiting Rashford's opportunities).

Defoe is a proven scorer over numerous years compared to Rashford who has scored a few over a handful of months. Obviously I've loved Rashers impact at United but in all honesty if you had to pick one for England right now when you desperately needed a goal it'd be Defoe surely.

I'm sure there's nothing stopping Roy picking Defoe if there's an injury. I'd imagine Rashford is in to gain experience for the future unless he does something incredible again to set the world alight.

Quote Originally Posted by Order
    Antonio is an interesting one for sure. He's definitely been better than Townsend but Hodgson definitely has a thing for Townsend so I am not surprised to see him in.
    Antonio has 11 goals and assists combined in the PL this season, more than Lallana (10), Drinkwater (10), Sterling (8), Townsend (6), Henderson (5), Dier (4), Delph (2), Wilshere (0). And the lad has played RB for half the bloody season!

Only Alli (20), Barkley (17) and Milner (16) have more of the midfielders selected.

And he scores goals...!

On Vacation

Status

I think Defoe didn't help himself a few years ago when he decided to go to Canada instead of staying in the Premier League.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Will Grigg's on fire chant must be the best chant i've heard this season. Absolute topper.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Will Grigg's on fire chant must be the best chant i've heard this season. Absolute topper.
    Yeah it's unreal! Hoping he makes it into the NI squad purely so we can chant that in France

And he scores goals...!

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Absolute belter, proper see that rocking the streets of party holiday destinations all over this summer.
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Ole!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    I think Defoe didn't help himself a few years ago when he decided to go to Canada instead of staying in the Premier League.

He's not in Canada now though and even that wouldn't have stopped him being picked.

And sorry Order, think you're being a bit Utd biased towards Rashford, fair enough have him go train and be a part of the setup and get an experience of it but him over Defoe is a bit absurd. The argument about Defoe only being in form the last few months of the season is exactly the reason he should be there as he is in form and a proven goal scorer, Rashford is nowhere near that yet, maybe in a few seasons when he's had more games but right now its a case of a player being picked due to the club he's at and not the form he's in.

RIP Bradley

[Infinite Warfare]

Status
      Country                    UK

to give my two cents;

neither guy will likely get much game time anyway. If Roy isn't planning on taking five strikers to the Euros, then Rashford benefits from these friendlies long term far more than Defoe does.

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

On Vacation

Status

I never said he was in Canada now, leaving the Premier League(when he could have stayed) to play in a far inferior league a few months before the World Cup after Hodgson warned him that it could jeopardise his place.

And to say Rashford isn't a proven goalscorer is a joke, he's scored big goals for an out of sorts United side and if you're going to have a striker to look at in training a use in a friendly or two to take a look at them logically you'd take the 18 year old over the 33 year old.

Thread Information